• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:47
CEST 23:47
KST 06:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8210 users

[T] Dota 2 Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 00:55 GMT
#1813
On October 22 2016 09:48 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2016 09:45 NocturneMage wrote:
On October 22 2016 09:41 Hopeless1der wrote:
I currently have some huge associative WIFOM between koshi, HF and Lunaticman. My read of koshi is town, and it really makes me hate HF and Lunatic. The fact that HF and Luna are weakly pushing each other gives me weak bus vibes, but again this is very associative. I will note that they've said the other is scummy but never voted to match.


okay I can buy this argument to an extent, I need to see how holyflare was pushing others though to be a bit more sure of him. personally I did like at end of cycle how holyflare was questioning beenthere's wavering of why he wasn't voting koshi when the latter was calling for koshi's head all cycle though.

as far as the non voting goes, I don't ever believe a holyflare wagon got traction and if I recall the voting thread right, luna had a small wagon but not really taking off. I can see town wanting to compromise and consolidate, so I'm not ruling that out either.

If I'm distracting you from catch up, ignore me. Its more important you get a full sense of the game than respond to me right now.


eh, worlds is more of a problem than you right now. damn me. :/
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 00:57 GMT
#1814
On October 22 2016 09:54 NocturneMage wrote:

I'm not sure what arguments people were making on him regarding activity but I don't do meta on people that I've never played with before.


just realised what I wrote doesn't really make sense

ebwop - I'm not sure what other arguments besides meta people were making on him regarding activity, but I don't do meta on people that I've never played with before.
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 13:16 GMT
#1972
On October 22 2016 21:41 iamperfection wrote:
Also guys the next lynch is vivax it's a no doubter 100%


catching up from the high 40s plus several isolated filters.

I'm fine with lynching vivax, but at this stage, I think koshi is mafia, and I think we have an added advantage of getting more information from a koshi lynch.

koshi was the counterwagon too so voting analysis will sort out a lot of things with a koshi red flip.

looking at koshi filter in isolation he does nothing with his kurumi and ritoky scum reads, and then final pages his voting progression is all over the place.

if koshi somehow flips green, my next focus will be beentheredonethat and tubesock, both of whom switched between both wagons, should also probably take a look at people who were solo votes as well.
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 13:21 GMT
#1974
also why the hell are people ignoring skynx?

someone please read that filter and tell me it's NOT a steaming pile of shit,

because it is.
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 13:22 GMT
#1975
at least from what I picked up...

On October 22 2016 09:26 NocturneMage wrote:
skynx is also disjointed, and more specifically looking at his filter I don't like how he doesn't appear to follow up on his tubesock and bill murray reads when in his big list post he's showing he's the most stuck on them. generally lack of follow-through is mafia indicative.

Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 13:25 GMT
#1976
glowingbear goes in the "why are you playing this game" category for me for the most part.

observed that onegu 2 game where he did jack shit as town, he's making reads, but there's no follow through from him on queries on wave of shade and ritoky.

I think glowingbear is a worthy investigative check.
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 13:30 GMT
#1978
kurumi is another that I think is worthy of investigatives looking at him.

he has some good thoughts around page 50, but the trolling to content ratio is just way too high and it becomes even more obvious when you isolate his filter.
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 13:32 GMT
#1979
On October 22 2016 22:29 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2016 22:16 NocturneMage wrote:
On October 22 2016 21:41 iamperfection wrote:
Also guys the next lynch is vivax it's a no doubter 100%


catching up from the high 40s plus several isolated filters.

I'm fine with lynching vivax, but at this stage, I think koshi is mafia, and I think we have an added advantage of getting more information from a koshi lynch.

koshi was the counterwagon too so voting analysis will sort out a lot of things with a koshi red flip.

looking at koshi filter in isolation he does nothing with his kurumi and ritoky scum reads, and then final pages his voting progression is all over the place.

if koshi somehow flips green, my next focus will be beentheredonethat and tubesock, both of whom switched between both wagons, should also probably take a look at people who were solo votes as well.

The goal is to get scum. Vivax is scum we kill him.


I don't disagree, I am also scumreading vivax.

but do you think koshi is town? if so why?

if you think both are scum, what additional advantage/information are you giving town with a vivax lynch? because I don't remember anyone defending him.
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 14:26 GMT
#1999
On October 22 2016 22:36 iamperfection wrote:
Because there is no doubt in my mind vivax is scum. Why are you against lynching scum? Lynching for information is stupid. Koshi is all over the place it's possible he is scum but my gut tells me no.


the other option of course would be investigatives to check (or with a vigilante) take out Koshi and then vote down vivax. I'm not eliminating that.

if you are thinking I'm against lynching vivax you clearly haven't read my filter.

but even ignoring the votes, koshi is clearly mafia. if you're using some meta (that he's not playing out of town range) to gut defend him that's great, but clearly looking at how he's interacting with people even those not scumreading him, it's not giving me town vibes. like I'm trying to consider a world where a town koshi can go on tilt and just not give a fuck and I'm still not seeing town koshi either.

anyways, moving on...
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 14:28 GMT
#2002
also....since I'm a league player and I don't really understand the whole momement/hero thing, I'm going to deliberately ignore those discussions for now. it's not productive for me, but if you want me to comment on something and conclude something I'll give it my best stab. just thought I'll put that out there.

the little time I spent playing dota I generally stuck to casters, but I got annoyed with dota real quick. back to league I went.

anyhow, back on topic...
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 14:31 GMT
#2006
oh yeah and the people accusing each other of lying about hp and damage and all that shit...

I'm looking at my role pm. if I have a passive....I think it's safe to say a decent number might with all the dota champions out there.

so people need to also look for a view where they are missing passives, and not that the person is necessarily lying. at least that's the impression I am getting from skimming all the movement/hp posts.

just saying. now moving on...
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 15:11 GMT
#2020
On October 22 2016 23:58 GlowingBear wrote:
Btw perfection seems townie to me


GB when you can, mind giving us your top three scum reads?
I don't have an idea where your head is at the moment.
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 15:36 GMT
#2035
On October 23 2016 00:27 Koshi wrote:
I dont't trust NM. Going to call him scum.


On October 23 2016 00:30 Koshi wrote:
Like Skynx or Lunatic.


So I'm scumreading vivacious and skybox and 50/50 on lunatic and you're calling me scum because you don't trust me.

That's about as contrived as it gets.
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 15:37 GMT
#2037
gg autocorrect

Vivax and Skynx

Anyhow that read is contrived.
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 20:07 GMT
#2207
back. caught up mostly to end of day 1, catching up the rest of the thread.
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 20:29 GMT
#2222
On October 23 2016 02:47 Skynx wrote:
Vigshots should go on Vivax/Sicklucker.
Prots on btdt+ptmc.


On October 23 2016 03:05 Skynx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2016 03:01 WaveofShadow wrote:
On October 23 2016 02:58 Skynx wrote:
On October 23 2016 02:50 WaveofShadow wrote:
On October 23 2016 02:47 Skynx wrote:
Vigshots should go on Vivax/Sicklucker.
Prots on btdt+ptmc.

Wat
Terrible

Vivax is going to get protection from his team tonight so save your shots for people we aren't lynching for sure. If we don't kill him flat out since we're lynching him we waste it.

I also don't think Btdt looks so hot anymore and ptmc despite being mod confirmedish is a terrible night target.


People use your own discretion with your abilities.

Do you actually believe anything you wrote in there?

Absolutely.
Problem?

Yeah I disagree entirely.
First of all I'm not sure why you all 100% sr Vivax, he's nothing more than a policy lynch, being inactive on purpose like 5-6 others I listed. He is an excellent vig target as D2 lynching him wouldn't be different that D1 where everyone is agreeing on the lynch because Vivax is bad and doesn't do shit but then switch to someone else cuz they are unsure.

btdt and ptmc are like only top townies, not really up for discussion one of them is dead 100%.


as pointed out by others these are all really bad posts by skynx along with the reads he threw out when he re-entered. not that that changes my read on him but still.

the more he posts, the more I like tubesock as town as well. especially in the exchange with skynx.

also on the topic of hopeless, I think he's wrong on Koshi and given his reads on others, he sounds towny, absent the modconfirm issue. and even in that, his train of thought made sense.

lord tolkien had one post in his entire filter as to why he didn't like wave of shadow related to the voting. post was towny but rest of filter was not...ugh.

Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 20:30 GMT
#2223
people calling WaveofShadow mafia, aside from Lord Tolkien, where I disagree with his argument against WoS, can someone point to me something specific?
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 20:37 GMT
#2227
how is that a scum slip? not seeing it here. sounds like a holyflare is talking about a go-to deflection for mafia.
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 20:42 GMT
#2235
On October 23 2016 05:37 beentheredonethat wrote:
Exactly that part, the "being extreme". Also it's useless to put pressure on Artanis given we have Koshi and Vivax as the go-to D2 wagons. HF was all about "yeah Koshi is bad" so why suddenly get a hard-on about Artanis?


actually I disagree. I haven't looked hard at artanis yet myself, but I'm running on the assumption there are five, maybe six mafia players. there's no reason why people shouldn't try getting reactions and alignment reads or scumreads on people other than koshi and vivax.

also caught up isolating filters. ignoring artanis who replaced in, somewhere in the pool of exo, bm, lord tolkien, kurumi and glowingbear, I'm willing to bet there's one mafia in there. they are all laying pretty damned low.

On October 23 2016 02:44 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2016 00:11 NocturneMage wrote:
On October 22 2016 23:58 GlowingBear wrote:
Btw perfection seems townie to me


GB when you can, mind giving us your top three scum reads?
I don't have an idea where your head is at the moment.


I don't have scum reads. I've barely read the thread tbh. From times to times I come to the thread and try to get impressions from posts.

I am a bit suspicious of Ritoky because Ritoky knows how my mind as mafia works and this is definitely not how I play as Mafia. But I don't have stronger grounds on him. Nothing really stands out as scummy from his posts. His gifs gave me a bad impression in the beginning of the game, but that is very weak to form a scumread on someone.

In the other hand, Holyflare had the same impression as me, so a mindmeld occurred. That made me think Holyflare is town.

I saw a genuine post from a guy that I forgot his username. I even quoted it. And now I think iamperfection comes from a very townie POV. So there's that.


though gb admits he's not really reading and I can see gb pulling as town not playing like he didn't in the onegu game I observed, but that doesn't really make him town, just not out of his range.
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
October 22 2016 20:45 GMT
#2241
On October 23 2016 05:43 beentheredonethat wrote:
So basically, ritoky/NM/HF are trying to tell me I'm wrong on what I say about HF?


won't speak for the others but I think you are reading/thinking too much into it for his alignment.
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O151
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
17:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 529
ZZZero.O 151
Hyun 92
soO 47
Dota 2
qojqva2309
monkeys_forever187
League of Legends
Doublelift3726
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4368
Liquid`Hasu583
Other Games
summit1g10539
FrodaN1503
KnowMe268
Livibee193
JimRising 74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick707
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 83
• Adnapsc2 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra706
Other Games
• imaqtpie1112
• Shiphtur596
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 13m
Patches Events
17h 13m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 13m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 13m
OSC
1d 1h
OSC
1d 14h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.