• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:15
CEST 04:15
KST 11:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9822 users

[M][T] Haunted Mansion 3 - Page 26

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 155 Next
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 15:43 GMT
#501
Vivax, your eyes slowly open as you awake.

Your tiny arms move up and down and you are crying.

A beautiful, fully nude, woman approaches you and speaks to you with a celestial voice:

"Vivax, you have been born. You are about to make your first step in the large world of mafia. You will now begin by choosing your destiny, and the role you will fulfill"

An option screen appears displaying two options:
I will become mafia
I will become a town shitter
Minimal effort.
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
September 09 2016 15:44 GMT
#502
after r1h mafia I do not trust vivax to make a good case at all. not that I did before, but I'm more in the interest of voting the opposite of whatever he's saying
good times for all
Skynx
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Turkey7150 Posts
September 09 2016 15:45 GMT
#503
HF is town for tunnel on TT easiest read so far.
"When seagulls follow the troller, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much" - King Cantona | STX 4 eva
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
September 09 2016 15:45 GMT
#504
On September 10 2016 00:44 Tumblewood wrote:
after r1h mafia I do not trust vivax to make a good case at all. not that I did before, but I'm more in the interest of voting the opposite of whatever he's saying


I got killed, you got lynched. Get on my level.
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
September 09 2016 15:46 GMT
#505
On September 10 2016 00:45 Skynx wrote:
HF is town for tunnel on TT easiest read so far.

Tunneling is NAI.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 15:46 GMT
#506
On September 10 2016 00:41 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2016 00:21 Superbia wrote:
Btw vivax pls consider that half the thread has the same scum team as the one I put down. You think they all town or wut


"We all think the same, we can't all be mafia, ergo I'm not mafia?"

Just worded in a less obvious way by using the inverse.


No. I want you to talk about how almost everyone shares the same reads. I also want your opinion on the three.
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 15:47 GMT
#507
On September 10 2016 00:44 Tumblewood wrote:
after r1h mafia I do not trust vivax to make a good case at all. not that I did before, but I'm more in the interest of voting the opposite of whatever he's saying


Cool. What else?

How about that ticktock guy?
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 15:47 GMT
#508
I'm going to eat soon btw.
Minimal effort.
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
September 09 2016 15:49 GMT
#509
On September 10 2016 00:03 Calix wrote:
NU vs Skynx is getting dumb. All I'm seeing is NU conflating contribution with alignment and Skynx getting annoyed.

NU, maybe back off and see what Skynx does when they finish catching up/ are not playing Overwatch or what the fuck ever and then resume this.

truth
nu vs. skynx is TvT. as long as skynx isn't voting me I will sheep him because I am 90ish percent sure he's town and his voting record is about twice as good as mine. this subject to change if/when I lose confidence in that read or get pissed at someone
good times for all
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
September 09 2016 15:49 GMT
#510
On September 10 2016 00:49 Tumblewood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2016 00:03 Calix wrote:
NU vs Skynx is getting dumb. All I'm seeing is NU conflating contribution with alignment and Skynx getting annoyed.

NU, maybe back off and see what Skynx does when they finish catching up/ are not playing Overwatch or what the fuck ever and then resume this.

truth
nu vs. skynx is TvT. as long as skynx isn't voting me I will sheep him because I am 90ish percent sure he's town and his voting record is about twice as good as mine. this subject to change if/when I lose confidence in that read or get pissed at someone


Why is Skynx a strong town-read for you?
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 15:50 GMT
#511
Can someone acknowledge how good and funny my posts are btw?
Minimal effort.
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
September 09 2016 15:52 GMT
#512
On September 10 2016 00:49 Tumblewood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2016 00:03 Calix wrote:
NU vs Skynx is getting dumb. All I'm seeing is NU conflating contribution with alignment and Skynx getting annoyed.

NU, maybe back off and see what Skynx does when they finish catching up/ are not playing Overwatch or what the fuck ever and then resume this.

truth
nu vs. skynx is TvT. as long as skynx isn't voting me I will sheep him because I am 90ish percent sure he's town and his voting record is about twice as good as mine. this subject to change if/when I lose confidence in that read or get pissed at someone


How about...

... you read players for yourself and vote whoever appears scummy to you?
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
September 09 2016 15:52 GMT
#513
On September 10 2016 00:50 Superbia wrote:
Can someone acknowledge how good and funny my posts are btw?

They are hilarious. You and Palmar are giving me good chuckles.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 09 2016 15:53 GMT
#514
On September 10 2016 00:45 Skynx wrote:
HF is town for tunnel on TT easiest read so far.


What the fuck lol
Skynx
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Turkey7150 Posts
September 09 2016 15:53 GMT
#515
I was just about to say I'm liking Calix in a general scheme of his posts but what happened here
On September 09 2016 09:46 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 09:39 Tumblewood wrote:
On September 09 2016 09:31 Calix wrote:
On September 09 2016 09:24 Tumblewood wrote:
there is one thing I have on Shapelog that makes me feel really smart. I think he is town because of his setup spec early game, because it shows that he is genuinely interested and not doing it for town cred because setup spec is generally something people scumread you for. not 100% but I'm sticking with it.
other people:
vivax is probably town just for tone and care-ness
calix looks town and NU looks scum to me. even though their entrances were the same from a surface-level point of view, calix feels more genuine and helpful.
Damdred interests me but I do not yet have feelings toward his alignment


"Doing X gets you scum-read so anyone who does X is town because scum don't want to risk the negative attention" - Isn't this argument based around WIFOM? I don't know what this site's view towards setup spec is but I consider it NAI. It's commonplace on my home site. I don't disagree with the conclusion but I dislike the reasoning.

Your NU scum-read doesn't make sense. Why would the fact that I 'feel more genuine and helpful' have an impact on what NU's alignment is? You just used someone else to give a scum-read on another player.

You say our entrances are the same on the 'surface level' so how do they differ underneath that then?

So Damdred's a null? Not sure why you included him - why does he interest you?

see, the argument looks like wifom, because it is, but scum!shape is better at looking town than town!shape and is unlikely to do setup spec imo
re: NU, I implied that NU did not feel genuine. sorry if that was unclear. and the genuineness was what differed, more or less.
and ya Damdred interests me because of how he wants to form a town circle (and also his posting style - more on that eventually) already but I have not yet determined what this means about his alignment.


WIFOM and meta, two of my favourite things ever. Well I can't comment further on that read since I've only been in one game with Shapelog (which tells me nothing) and I'd rather remain ignorant so that my reads aren't tainted by subjective interpretations of how someone acted in a previous game. Also I hate being meta-read myself.

Can you point me to where you felt that NU was insincere? Or explain why him confusing you so much means he's less likely to be scum? I don't relate to your thought process so far.

Personally I think trying to force a town circle just creates friction and increases the chance of scum getting into one. I don't think he was doing that though, just said he wanted to lynch outside of his town circle...which is basically going "I will lynch a null/ scum read over a town read" so I don't think there's much to be found there.

I mean scum will almost always get into a certain town circle, if they all get in there thats because they played well and town fucked up so its gg + Show Spoiler +
*cough* btdt game *cough*
.
Fortunately most of the time one mafia is caught outside cuz town circle worked together. They then make associative analysis based on the flip and see who from the town circle was absolute balls about the scum that got caught. Then the town circle gets updated so on and so on. Most important thing is usually people to work together and not wander off in their lost causes.
"When seagulls follow the troller, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much" - King Cantona | STX 4 eva
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 15:53 GMT
#516
On September 10 2016 00:52 NeverUnlucky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2016 00:50 Superbia wrote:
Can someone acknowledge how good and funny my posts are btw?

They are hilarious. You and Palmar are giving me good chuckles.


Sanku
Minimal effort.
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
September 09 2016 15:54 GMT
#517
actually I am too waffly on NU to call him fully town just yet. he is too experienced and too wtf for me to make a newbie call. but I think he is town, even though he does stupid shit like have 5 scumreads or argue about how I need to explain everything
good times for all
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 15:58 GMT
#518
On September 10 2016 00:54 Tumblewood wrote:
actually I am too waffly on NU to call him fully town just yet. he is too experienced and too wtf for me to make a newbie call. but I think he is town, even though he does stupid shit like have 5 scumreads or argue about how I need to explain everything


Cool talk about mafia pls.
Minimal effort.
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
September 09 2016 15:59 GMT
#519
On September 10 2016 00:54 Tumblewood wrote:
actually I am too waffly on NU to call him fully town just yet. he is too experienced and too wtf for me to make a newbie call. but I think he is town, even though he does stupid shit like have 5 scumreads or argue about how I need to explain everything


This is my 7th FM game. I'm not too experienced for anyone to read.

How the fuck do you call me too experienced and newbie in the same sentence?

There are two methods to find the scum:
1. Go for town-reads and find scum by PoE.
2. Find the scumminess in players' posts.

We all use both manners, but we tend to favor one over the other. For instance, Damdred only has town-reads so far, so he has a preference for 1., while I have 5 scum-reads, so I like 2. better. Having 5 scum-reads is neither stupid nor AI.

How about...
... you actually explain 'everything'? I won't ask you to explain anything if you do explain them, zzz.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
September 09 2016 16:00 GMT
#520
On September 10 2016 00:53 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2016 00:45 Skynx wrote:
HF is town for tunnel on TT easiest read so far.


What the fuck lol


Yea that's a really shoddy read. On top of it, it can never be right to make such a call on someone like you.

So far I don't see much novelty from Skynx, he's just piling up on the popular targets TT/TW and seems to TR almost everyone who goes after them or was involved in early game.
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 155 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft543
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft543
WinterStarcraft348
RuFF_SC2 136
PiLiPiLi 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1101
White-Ra 190
Noble 71
Hyuk 53
Bale 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift5190
Counter-Strike
taco 636
minikerr21
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox643
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor682
Other Games
summit1g8927
Coldzera 853
C9.Mang0311
ViBE58
Mew2King40
ArmadaUGS36
Liquid`Ken5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick750
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21439
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
7h 45m
Online Event
8h 45m
FEL
13h 45m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 45m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.