• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:05
CEST 01:05
KST 08:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9097 users

[M][T] Haunted Mansion 3 - Page 153

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 151 152 153 154 155 Next
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 20 2016 23:01 GMT
#3041
Oh also the "scum read" on you day 1 Calix from me and damdred is because we have quite a bus heavy, at times, meta and so anyone suggesting with ferocity that it must be a mislynch will come off looking weird and knowing too much. I like to yell and be certain of things (even without reading filters) because it convinces people to follow and the general meta tends to be sheeping me for some reason.

Also, yeh, I probably shouldn't play because while I do spam a lot of reads they've all just been surface thoughts and no real effort into reading people's filters like I used to. Work life really makes me bad, hence the bad past few games (even if we did win 2/3) I've not been as consistent as I used to be.

But the worst part is putting in effort with no time to play and nobody reciprocating or even talking to me about it. Shame. Shammeeeee.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 20 2016 23:09 GMT
#3042
I promise next time I play I'll put in old time Damdred effort just need my phone hf: (
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 20 2016 23:11 GMT
#3043
16:51:28] Calix: also is HF always like this?
[16:51:30] Calix: just wondering
[16:55:38] live:deniztur214_1: i've played with him just once before, read few other games.
[16:55:53] live:deniztur214_1: first game i read he ragequitted and voted himself as mafia d1
[16:56:36] live:deniztur214_1: second he fakeclaimed rec copcheck on a townie then they both got lynched
[16:57:38] live:deniztur214_1: You know what its not much of an alignment tell but he said before joining game on few other places he's caught in work and unable to play mafia from there anymore
[16:57:46] live:deniztur214_1: but he's got a 23 page filter
[16:57:54] live:deniztur214_1: i think thats more town than scum


This makes me sad to not be remembered as the best player ever

Probably the worst games I've played ever! Read some of my profile, post count especially doesn't count. :D
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-20 23:29:23
September 20 2016 23:24 GMT
#3044
Also Skynx i scum read you n2 because you had the exact same thought process as me, I had it before you and then you made an entire case on me being mafia for having the same thought process as you.

I even pointed out it was wrong and I had the thoughts first and you still scum read me.

Like you, I also weigh mind meld quite highly and that just didn't quite add up enough for me. No hard feelings though, I got the revenge for the vig shot in the palmar game, I hold no grudges

Nice save too ^^
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
September 21 2016 00:25 GMT
#3045
hey calix and NU, you were both lots of fun to play with. I'm glad to see you signing up for another game on this site and hope you sign up for more. calix seems like a good player already and NU got much better throughout the game from what I saw.
good times for all
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
September 21 2016 01:05 GMT
#3046
On September 21 2016 09:25 Tumblewood wrote:
hey calix and NU, you were both lots of fun to play with. I'm glad to see you signing up for another game on this site and hope you sign up for more. calix seems like a good player already and NU got much better throughout the game from what I saw.


"calix seems like a good player already and NU got much better throughout the game from what I saw. "

The way it's formulated. :')

It's okay. I know I sucked.

I will probably play some more games over here with Jealous after my break from FM.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 21 2016 01:24 GMT
#3047
Coolio.
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 21 2016 01:26 GMT
#3048
Btw I was fully aware BG could not save anyone tonight. But maybe mafia don't know that. ;p
Minimal effort.
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
September 21 2016 01:32 GMT
#3049
On September 21 2016 10:05 NeverUnlucky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2016 09:25 Tumblewood wrote:
hey calix and NU, you were both lots of fun to play with. I'm glad to see you signing up for another game on this site and hope you sign up for more. calix seems like a good player already and NU got much better throughout the game from what I saw.


"calix seems like a good player already and NU got much better throughout the game from what I saw. "

The way it's formulated. :')

It's okay. I know I sucked.

I will probably play some more games over here with Jealous after my break from FM.

I mean, you were pretty bad at the start of the game, I'm not gonna lie. after d1 you seemed to pick your head out of your ass a little bit, except when you ignored the damning evidence against palmar on d4. you've played, what, 8 games so far? don't sweat it. I have 18 or so under my belt and I'm still just exiting my scrub phase.
good times for all
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
September 21 2016 01:47 GMT
#3050
I felt like I played fine Day 1. Oh well.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
September 21 2016 02:10 GMT
#3051
I glanced over the chat Bene QT earlier

but reading it now it's so good

so much to quote but you just need to read it for yourself. esp d4
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
September 21 2016 05:52 GMT
#3052
On September 21 2016 08:11 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
16:51:28] Calix: also is HF always like this?
[16:51:30] Calix: just wondering
[16:55:38] live:deniztur214_1: i've played with him just once before, read few other games.
[16:55:53] live:deniztur214_1: first game i read he ragequitted and voted himself as mafia d1
[16:56:36] live:deniztur214_1: second he fakeclaimed rec copcheck on a townie then they both got lynched
[16:57:38] live:deniztur214_1: You know what its not much of an alignment tell but he said before joining game on few other places he's caught in work and unable to play mafia from there anymore
[16:57:46] live:deniztur214_1: but he's got a 23 page filter
[16:57:54] live:deniztur214_1: i think thats more town than scum


This makes me sad to not be remembered as the best player ever

Probably the worst games I've played ever! Read some of my profile, post count especially doesn't count. :D

[image loading]
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 21 2016 06:07 GMT
#3053
On September 21 2016 10:47 NeverUnlucky wrote:
I felt like I played fine Day 1. Oh well.


Day 1 was your best day, you established being town and were logical and had a solid approach. It was good.
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
September 21 2016 06:25 GMT
#3054
On September 21 2016 15:07 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2016 10:47 NeverUnlucky wrote:
I felt like I played fine Day 1. Oh well.


Day 1 was your best day, you established being town and were logical and had a solid approach. It was good.


How do you think I can improve?
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 21 2016 06:51 GMT
#3055
On September 21 2016 15:25 scott31337 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2016 15:07 Holyflare wrote:
On September 21 2016 10:47 NeverUnlucky wrote:
I felt like I played fine Day 1. Oh well.


Day 1 was your best day, you established being town and were logical and had a solid approach. It was good.


How do you think I can improve?


Being alive.
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
September 21 2016 06:56 GMT
#3056
On September 21 2016 15:51 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2016 15:25 scott31337 wrote:
On September 21 2016 15:07 Holyflare wrote:
On September 21 2016 10:47 NeverUnlucky wrote:
I felt like I played fine Day 1. Oh well.


Day 1 was your best day, you established being town and were logical and had a solid approach. It was good.


How do you think I can improve?


Being alive.


Zing!
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 21 2016 07:01 GMT
#3057
For real though scott I think in general you've just got to be really forthcoming with everything you're thinking. You have good ideas and a general idea of what to look for that's scummy and that's encouraging. The only thing to be worked on is weighing up the pros and cons of a person and valuing whether they are mafia over someone else.

Everyone does scummy things but lynch the people that do the most scummy things! I think a good way to play is by finding people you think are towny first and foremost and then that narrows down your scum pool quite easily (make sure your town reads aren't shit).

Reading filters after having read the whole game is imo the best way to play. Reading filters on their own can make people look bad without context. If someone looks bad in context then filter dive and have a look at their overview of the game, if it's bad and no contributions and just popping up to say nothing then they are likely mafia.

Gotta put yourself in the mindset of a person trying to survive amd mislynch people/look good and the circumstances of the game. Vivax is a good example, his Shapelog read doesn't really fit with what he should be thinking, he got his top scum read reading Shapelog filter but somehow his town read dropped and became a scum read whem nobody was talking about shape and vivax didn't even particularly push it.

Also there's nk wifom which is very likely wifom but also not :D
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
September 21 2016 07:01 GMT
#3058
Wow town win awesome!!!'

My Guess were palmar and HF as scum. 50/50 yo!
Failure is not an option
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 21 2016 07:05 GMT
#3059
If you look through our qt I'm constantly weighing up whether a player is mafia or town based on what they are doing and have done in an overview. It helped narrow down the pool substantially.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
September 21 2016 07:10 GMT
#3060
On September 21 2016 07:56 Holyflare wrote:
My lynch was still objectively terrible and you should all feel bad.

Also I've read all the QTs now. Calix you played very well, probably got a bit too taken up with arguing with your town reads that were critical of you but I can't blame you because I do the exact same thing.

NU you played well, were a good voice of reason at most times but probably need to cut back on the scum slips and wifom.

Uh other people you need to stop signing up to games if you're willing to put 0 effort in. There was no real analysis of any post after day 2 save from me??? You all afkd and came back to do random shit tone reads and afk again. If you're not willing to commit to a full game then join obs qt because you sure did play like one.

But despite crappy afk you somehow managed to look towny day 1 to 2 so not too bad after all.


Yeah, my default reaction to being scum-read is to OMGUS...because obviously I am so townie that anyone scum-reading me must be doing it to discredit me or something. It's a bad habit of mine.

I think my TPR play was pretty crappy, actually. I wasn't around for most of Day 2/ Night 2 and I wouldn't have had a clue who the mafia would attack and I spent two days voting for Damdred. Although I think picking you on Night 2 was a good choice since you were the most proactive player.

I read the scum QT, not entirely sure why I was killed unless it was a standard "kill the towniest players" NK. (which would make sense)

Prev 1 151 152 153 154 155 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft5
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 92
ViBE72
PiGStarcraft5
SpeCial 2
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 191
Hyuk 62
Noble 46
NaDa 24
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm146
League of Legends
Doublelift4341
Counter-Strike
minikerr4
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox162
Mew2King64
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5151
Khaldor676
Other Games
summit1g8019
FrodaN1705
Coldzera 687
shahzam540
JimRising 357
C9.Mang0282
KnowMe230
ZombieGrub90
ArmadaUGS87
Trikslyr41
PPMD30
CosmosSc2 13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick267
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH353
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21176
Other Games
• imaqtpie786
• Shiphtur157
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 55m
Online Event
11h 55m
FEL
16h 55m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.