• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:07
CEST 20:07
KST 03:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9233 users

[M][N]A Wonderful Normal Game of Mafia - Page 26

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 81 Next
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
May 04 2016 17:56 GMT
#501
you lynch me and you are going to look like a real idiot honestly
Moderator
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
May 04 2016 17:56 GMT
#502
mig my reads are i townread everybody.
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
May 04 2016 17:57 GMT
#503
zzzzzzzzzzz
Moderator
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
May 04 2016 17:57 GMT
#504
On May 05 2016 02:56 Mig wrote:
you lynch me and you are going to look like a real idiot honestly

lynching town happens so often that it doesn't really make you look like an idiot.
right?
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
May 04 2016 17:59 GMT
#505
I mean it is partially my own fault for being gone so long but if you read my 1 post then lynch me over the other people in the game as a town you should feel really bad about yourself.
Moderator
Killing
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada530 Posts
May 04 2016 18:00 GMT
#506
I still like my vote and I finish work at about an hour before the deadline so I will not be here for literal eod but I'm gonna keep looking to see what happens. Also, I said no takesie backsies so I plan on sticking with that.
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
May 04 2016 18:05 GMT
#507
On May 05 2016 02:56 Mig wrote:
you lynch me and you are going to look like a real idiot honestly

i do like this response so I suppose I'm back to wanting to lynch palmar.
Killing
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada530 Posts
May 04 2016 18:06 GMT
#508
How can you like that response as a respectable human being though lol
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
May 04 2016 18:08 GMT
#509
On May 05 2016 03:06 Killing wrote:
How can you like that response as a respectable human being though lol


I think it's townie to think you're so townie that only someone who's dumb would vote you.
Killing
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada530 Posts
May 04 2016 18:09 GMT
#510
On May 05 2016 03:08 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2016 03:06 Killing wrote:
How can you like that response as a respectable human being though lol


I think it's townie to think you're so townie that only someone who's dumb would vote you.


I dunno man. That seems like the easiest snap response in the world but live your dreams i suppose
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
May 04 2016 18:10 GMT
#511
Lynching palmar is pointless really. What exactly do you learn from lynching him? Basically just an entire wasted day. At least force people to take stands and vote someone out who is posting.
Moderator
Shapelog
Profile Joined November 2015
United States5188 Posts
May 04 2016 18:11 GMT
#512
On May 05 2016 02:47 Mig wrote:
Where are kush and JAT now!

Shape I have posted who are you going to vote for?

E-guy still needs to post. I think he promised but I cannot remember.
On May 05 2016 02:35 Mig wrote:
quick thoughts

Kush, you have been the most active player in the game I assume you must have a scum read on someone? Policy lynching palmar is pointless.

JAT, your filter is 20% of the total game and I dont see you calling anyone a scum really? Seems weird for you. As a town I would expect you to be giving a stronger opinion on things. So far I don't really see any hard headed JAT opinions that I would expect from someone who cared about finding scum.

Marv lean town just based on his super weak defense of etellex. Guy wasnt under any pressure seemed pointless to defend him as mafia especially when it is just a feel defense and going to draw more attention to yourself. Especially if he is going to put 0 effort in just seems like a weird thing for him to even bother posting as mafia.

Riceykins/JAT odds of them both being mafia are super small. Hard to explain but attacking someone for having a rehearsed entrance is a really weird thing for mafia to go after each other for. I just dont remember ever seeing it that often, especially if riceykins is new.

Tubesock, entrance felt really weird to me. Overly forced/jokey. A lot of random questions to people with 0 follow up. And none of the questions seem to really impact his reads. Seems way more confident marv is scum but still voting etellex? I still have to read the nutcracker filter.

Fazers - Weird, his thinking is completely nonsensical. Doesnt appear to actually care about finding scum?
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2016 10:31 Fazers wrote:

I have a strong opinion about Shapelog - imo he's a strong player from my observations. Thus I will not vote to lynch him on Day 1. However, that may change as days pass.


This is weird also, unnecessary buddying up when shape hasnt done anything.

Right now I would be fine lynching any of JAT/tube/faze. Probably JAT #1 unless he actually contributes something. Feels like JAT is around a lot but just commenting on the side as things go on and not actually doing anything. A lot of fake activity.

Lol, I am that Blendy now as either alignment? That I do not even get read? Dear lord

Jat- Kinda agree tbh. Don't know how much the sickness is playing in, but now that you meation it, he is kinda meh. Tho, I don't know his meta all that well.
Marv- scum are capable of defending townies for no reasons, and even yourself said it was weak. Is there anything else that makes you think he is town?
Fazer- What do you make of his "I want to contribe posts?"
"Subsequently clicking post is like launching a doomsday's worth of nukes' equivalent in dopamine." -RB
Killing
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada530 Posts
May 04 2016 18:12 GMT
#513
On May 05 2016 03:10 Mig wrote:
Lynching palmar is pointless really. What exactly do you learn from lynching him? Basically just an entire wasted day. At least force people to take stands and vote someone out who is posting.


Agreed but then as a counter argument, wouldn't that just encourage meta where scum just afk day 1? Don't you have to lynch afks a certain percentage of the time to make that -EV?
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
May 04 2016 18:14 GMT
#514
On May 05 2016 03:09 Killing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2016 03:08 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On May 05 2016 03:06 Killing wrote:
How can you like that response as a respectable human being though lol


I think it's townie to think you're so townie that only someone who's dumb would vote you.


I dunno man. That seems like the easiest snap response in the world but live your dreams i suppose


Are you speaking from experience?
I think scum are less likely to say that because deep down they know that someone calling them scum isn't dumb. So saying that doesn't even enter their mind.

Unless the "ur dumb" response is something they any time anyone calls them scum, like marv does.
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
May 04 2016 18:16 GMT
#515
*something they say
Killing
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada530 Posts
May 04 2016 18:22 GMT
#516
On May 05 2016 03:14 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2016 03:09 Killing wrote:
On May 05 2016 03:08 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On May 05 2016 03:06 Killing wrote:
How can you like that response as a respectable human being though lol


I think it's townie to think you're so townie that only someone who's dumb would vote you.


I dunno man. That seems like the easiest snap response in the world but live your dreams i suppose


Are you speaking from experience?
I think scum are less likely to say that because deep down they know that someone calling them scum isn't dumb. So saying that doesn't even enter their mind.

Unless the "ur dumb" response is something they any time anyone calls them scum, like marv does.


Partially from experience. A strategy of mine when I was scum was just to berate people and tell them how terrible they were until they backed off of me. Good times lol
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
May 04 2016 18:24 GMT
#517
So I have read tubesock's nutcracker and storm games.

So the questions going nowhere doesnt seem to be really alignment indicative, he did it in both games. But during his mafia game he was a lot quicker to give out his town reads.

Tube's first post as town in storm

+ Show Spoiler +
On March 25 2016 01:24 Tubesock wrote:
Good morning.

Kurumi is my biggest scum read. Seems opportunistic with the Gumdrops push. Damdred was fishing (but not for roles) and it didn't seem Gums was saying Damdred was fishing for that, but Kurumi jumps his ass. Meanwhile Ritoky ACTUALLY fishes for roles yet all Kurumi says is "very vary of Ritoky". The rest of Kurumi's posts seem nitpicky.

Tumble and Shape are forgettable and blending.

I'm going to leave Koshi at null. I'm not liking his "play" but I did like his little outburst of emotion. Although, I find it hard to believe that can't be faked.

As far as town I think my strongest TR's are Superbia, Vivax just below Jat and Rels. Damdred with a town lean.

Ritoky probably is in fact VT.

Slam I think is probably town. I am having trouble seeing the point of breadcrumbing so much if he were mafia. Why not just shut up and blow someone up? I do want to hear his explanation.



Immediately gives a scum read, lists town reads but they are secondary. He never really gives a town list again throughout the game. He also went by his own opinion and voted the guy he had a scum read on.

First post in nutcracker, immediately gives a town read and buddys up to someone. Notice he gives himself an opportunity to bandwagon his lynch target.

+ Show Spoiler +
On December 15 2015 09:28 Tubesock wrote:
Hello all, sorry had a long travel couple of days and my hotel internet is pretty terrible.

Anyway, Koshi is the only one acting towny. I think he’s funny and I like his critical eye (Kusgate). I think his alternate lynch on Rels is interesting. Whether Koshi wants to lynch him or just pressure him, I think that benefits town.

I’m thinking about Shapelog. The first half of his filter I can’t help but think he’s just parroting and talking to talk. Then he has to “reread my filter” (#182 pg 10) which I think is super weird unless he’s mafia. He then talks about TT in a scummy way but ends with “null”. If he found it null, why not just say “meh, I don’t see the case” or something? Why the big post?

Sukrit is in some ways like Shapelog. But different somehow too. I personally think Koshi’s post about he’s going to be useless and then a few posts later actually delivers makes Koshi towny more than scummy. Yet, Sukrit appears driven to lynch him because he’s convinced Koshi is mafia. I will think about him more later.

No one else has done anything interesting.



He then follows up by following the bandwagon and voting rels with koshi. And later on making a large post listing his town reads

This game he immediately buddys up with kush, then buddys up to slam (putting slam on multiple town read/ no lynch lists why?) And then immediately hops on slams bandwagon and votes etellex (very similar to how he did in nutcracker as mafia) It appears his strongest mafia read is marv but he hasnt made any attempt to actually lynch him.

I am good with a tubesock lynch

##vote Tubesock

Moderator
Shapelog
Profile Joined November 2015
United States5188 Posts
May 04 2016 18:24 GMT
#518
I kinda, just, want to play with palmar, like, passed the first cycle.......
"Subsequently clicking post is like launching a doomsday's worth of nukes' equivalent in dopamine." -RB
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
May 04 2016 18:26 GMT
#519
On May 05 2016 03:12 Killing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2016 03:10 Mig wrote:
Lynching palmar is pointless really. What exactly do you learn from lynching him? Basically just an entire wasted day. At least force people to take stands and vote someone out who is posting.


Agreed but then as a counter argument, wouldn't that just encourage meta where scum just afk day 1? Don't you have to lynch afks a certain percentage of the time to make that -EV?


If mafia all just afkd every game then mafia wouldnt be very fun. In the end its still a game to play and usually someone is going to actually participate.
Moderator
Etellex
Profile Joined April 2016
36 Posts
May 04 2016 18:28 GMT
#520
I've made some observations but I'm very inexperienced so take them with a grain of salt, I suppose, and don't interpret them as accusations.

Faze seems to be jumping around a bit in what our whom he discusses and dropping a lot of conversations.

Mig is either town or very good scum, and from his somewhat pushy and productive tone I'm leaning town.
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 81 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 330
ProTech147
UpATreeSC 124
BRAT_OK 85
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2241
Bisu 2189
Soulkey 999
EffOrt 467
Mini 454
Larva 345
Dewaltoss 190
ZerO 158
hero 90
Sharp 64
[ Show more ]
Shinee 53
sorry 46
Trap 25
Bale 22
NaDa 18
Terrorterran 17
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 7
Dota 2
Dendi1494
XaKoH 435
420jenkins371
League of Legends
Reynor67
Counter-Strike
fl0m4216
pashabiceps716
Fnx 643
x6flipin345
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu469
Other Games
Grubby3290
Liquid`RaSZi1664
FrodaN812
Livibee179
C9.Mang0116
QueenE90
TKL 82
RotterdaM62
Mew2King38
B2W.Neo33
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV221
BasetradeTV114
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 33
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2773
• TFBlade896
Other Games
• Shiphtur875
• imaqtpie606
• WagamamaTV407
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 53m
Patches Events
21h 53m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.