• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:11
CEST 00:11
KST 07:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8639 users

Noir Mini Mafia: Chapter 4 - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 77 Next
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 08 2016 07:36 GMT
#141
On March 08 2016 16:25 yamato77 wrote:
Also, I don't understand how geript wants to lynch slam for what he's posted, nor would I give Shapelog a pass for being a noob. Shapelog's posts aren't bad necessarily, but they don't give off a newb vibe. They seem comfortable.

Not giving Shape a pass for being a noob. Besides, people never understand how I read Slam or most anyone. But I'm always right. I would've figured you would've learned by now.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 08 2016 07:46 GMT
#142
On March 08 2016 16:36 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2016 16:29 yamato77 wrote:
On March 08 2016 16:27 Vivax wrote:
most interesting thing so far is surely shape mentioning my post and following disappearance without any intent of giving it weight in reading me, so it just looks like he put it there just to put something out there in an urge to look active.

otherwise theres not much worth mentioning, except that im less lazy than my new meta d1 standard.

Considering this is the only post with any sort of substance you've had, I find it hard to believe you've sunk your standards of play lower than this.

I disagree. His posting does not look nervous like he feels pressure. This post does, though, which is funny.


for estimated 6 months jat has been bugging me about me intentionally making my D1 shittastic, not my fault if you dont follow whats happening on the forum and in qts

So I'm just supposed to take that at face value?

No thank you. No one gets metagame passes just because they want to be lazy as mafia.

On March 08 2016 16:36 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2016 16:25 yamato77 wrote:
Also, I don't understand how geript wants to lynch slam for what he's posted, nor would I give Shapelog a pass for being a noob. Shapelog's posts aren't bad necessarily, but they don't give off a newb vibe. They seem comfortable.

Not giving Shape a pass for being a noob. Besides, people never understand how I read Slam or most anyone. But I'm always right. I would've figured you would've learned by now.


You clearly did give him a pass, but that's not really relevant, I don't actually think he's mafia. But Vivax apparently does, what do you think about that?

The false bravado in the accuracy of your reads does nothing to make you more trustworthy in my eyes. "No one understands my reads!" is the mafia equivalent of a teenager yelling at their parents because they don't have the latest iPhone.
Writer@WriterYamato
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 08 2016 07:54 GMT
#143
I couldn't care less about Vivax so long as he votes for Slam. I don't have any accurate meta read on him and there's obvious scum.

Do you really want me to post a page and a half discourse about why Slam plays Mafia and how he approaches playing from both sides? Do you really want me to show you how he's not trolling? On top of that do you want me to show you how he's even not trolling how he does when he's scum? I've made this case like idk 4-5 times previously. I'm always right about it.

Game is simple. I find 1 scum and figure out if you're town and if Koshi is town. Literally all I need to do.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 08 2016 08:03 GMT
#144
I don't necessarily disagree with your plan but it doesn't exactly inspire faith either.

I do need convincing on Slam, though. I don't think he's trolling either, his posting seems lazy, but does that mean he's mafia?
Writer@WriterYamato
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 08 2016 08:12 GMT
#145
So basically when Slam is town, he has no clue what he's doing. He tries to have fun while doing something. He tries to play for his fun and others. He tries to get in on jokes. When he breaks to make a serious point, his thoughts meander. It's like he's posting high and there's the roundabout thought hidden between the jokes. When he's mafia, he tries to mimic that shit entirely. But instead of getting the meandering around, it's broken up separately. He focuses mostly on doing on thing at a time instead of just letting him his thoughts lead him wherever his mind goes.

So therefore between him not trolling (aka playing to have fun) and not trolling wrong (consistency between points of posts), he's scum.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 08 2016 08:15 GMT
#146
On March 08 2016 17:03 yamato77 wrote:
I don't necessarily disagree with your plan but it doesn't exactly inspire faith either.

Well I'm either dead N1 and correct on the scum team or I'm correct on the scum team and no one listens to what I post. So I'm just aiming for blaming everyone else for not listening to me after dying N1.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 08 2016 10:29 GMT
#147
geript would say Slam is not trolling in this game ? Or trolling wrong ?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/500627-outlaw-mini-mafia?user=alakaslam
First game post is the one that says "Q PASA MAH WHALASSA MOMBASSA"
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 08 2016 10:39 GMT
#148
I don't like Shapelog. How he reacted to pressure was scum indicative. I don't care for the Vivax "backtrack" townread, that is pretty BS, Shapelog's conclusion (Vivax' posting is very slightly town indicative) made sense. But I didn't like his defensiveness in these posts:
On March 08 2016 08:27 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2016 08:26 Shapelog wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:25 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:24 Shapelog wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:19 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:17 Shapelog wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:13 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
What does your science tell you so far, Shape?

A few things,
Vivax reported in yet has not done much. A course this is 15 mins into the game.
And I have a experiment about the Time kushs will live in this game compared to their ban time. At every vote count, I shall note how long this subject lasts until if one VC kills him. Then time the time it takes for his ban to run out.

It is a very scientific research i assure you.


About vivax:
If he were scum why not use his perfectly valid pregame excuse to not show up until tomorrow?

Did you think I was implying him to be scum? I just saw that and just said something about it.

About this question, Most likely. half a day-day is not that much to miss.


Most likely what?

Most likely he would use the excuss


So Vivax is most likely town?

kush pressures Shape into giving a read.
On March 08 2016 08:32 Shapelog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2016 08:27 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:26 Shapelog wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:25 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:24 Shapelog wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:19 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:17 Shapelog wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:13 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
What does your science tell you so far, Shape?

A few things,
Vivax reported in yet has not done much. A course this is 15 mins into the game.
And I have a experiment about the Time kushs will live in this game compared to their ban time. At every vote count, I shall note how long this subject lasts until if one VC kills him. Then time the time it takes for his ban to run out.

It is a very scientific research i assure you.


About vivax:
If he were scum why not use his perfectly valid pregame excuse to not show up until tomorrow?

Did you think I was implying him to be scum? I just saw that and just said something about it.

About this question, Most likely. half a day-day is not that much to miss.


Most likely what?

Most likely he would use the excuss


So Vivax is most likely town?

Yes totally kush, one situation is all that i look for as town to town read someone. Does he look townie in that situation, yes. Does that mean he is town? no. You know that that is not a reasonable town read reason.

This is different from what I expect from town. More so from Shapelog, who has no problem stating his opinion.
Basically here is what I expected: "No Vivax is not most likely town, it's maybe very slightly town indicative" or something like that. So what he posted later actually.
But instead of doing that, Shape was defensive and even attacked slightly kush by saying "you know it's not reasonnable". This is a scum mindset: instead of posting his read (or non-read) and talking about it, he is like "look my read makes perfect sense and you're dumb for attacking me".
I also didn't like these:
On March 08 2016 08:45 Shapelog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2016 08:39 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Shape it's just that you said that he would most likely do that as scum. He didn't do that. So logically wouldn't that make him most likely town?

If you only look at that then yes. It prob. would (after you factor in the chances of it being NAI, which actually might make it NAI). The thing is i do not look at one post for any reads and you fucking know this. Or do i need to remind you about how i did not feel conferrable with you voting for FF/Uon because i was not sure of their scummyness?
Am I not allowed to look at other posts made by him to determine his alignment? I am not allowed to be sure that he is town?

Why are you pressuring me about this btw? Just curious.

On March 08 2016 09:36 Shapelog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2016 09:21 Vivax wrote:
and only the internal continues into the brain

Yup.
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2016 09:30 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:54 Shapelog wrote:
Like Kush why are you trying to make me comment to a read on vivax Only a hour into the game off of one thing?


Giving reads is what this game is about.
Why are you so opposed to it?

Cool you dodged the question about commitment.
And you know why I am not giving vivax a town read based off of 1 post. How have you forgotten that? I been saying the reason for awhile now.

Seems to me Shape could still be in his "attack kush" mode I described above.

Again, this has nothing to do with his Vivax read which is perfectly reasonnable, but his reaction to pressure.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 08 2016 10:43 GMT
#149
I don't like this from Vivax:
On March 08 2016 08:34 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2016 08:32 Shapelog wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:27 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:26 Shapelog wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:25 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:24 Shapelog wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:19 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:17 Shapelog wrote:
On March 08 2016 08:13 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
What does your science tell you so far, Shape?

A few things,
Vivax reported in yet has not done much. A course this is 15 mins into the game.
And I have a experiment about the Time kushs will live in this game compared to their ban time. At every vote count, I shall note how long this subject lasts until if one VC kills him. Then time the time it takes for his ban to run out.

It is a very scientific research i assure you.


About vivax:
If he were scum why not use his perfectly valid pregame excuse to not show up until tomorrow?

Did you think I was implying him to be scum? I just saw that and just said something about it.

About this question, Most likely. half a day-day is not that much to miss.


Most likely what?

Most likely he would use the excuss


So Vivax is most likely town?

Yes totally kush, one situation is all that i look for as town to town read someone. Does he look townie in that situation, yes. Does that mean he is town? no. You know that that is not a reasonable town read reason.


whats the point of you mentioning me reporting in and not doing much then if its completely nai apparently

scum points for you and town points for kush

On March 08 2016 08:35 Vivax wrote:
i also give you 1 minute to tell me where the carotic sinus is

Serious post about Shape being potentially scum, immediately (it's 1 minute later and it's the next post in the thread) followed by a joke post. There is a disconnect in the way Vivax is playing the game there. He's serious and posting a scumread on a guy, and immediately after he's posting a joke to the guy he's scumreading.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 08 2016 10:47 GMT
#150
Tumble what do you think of kush ?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 08 2016 10:50 GMT
#151
On March 08 2016 17:12 geript wrote:
So basically when Slam is town, he has no clue what he's doing. He tries to have fun while doing something. He tries to play for his fun and others. He tries to get in on jokes. When he breaks to make a serious point, his thoughts meander. It's like he's posting high and there's the roundabout thought hidden between the jokes. When he's mafia, he tries to mimic that shit entirely. But instead of getting the meandering around, it's broken up separately. He focuses mostly on doing on thing at a time instead of just letting him his thoughts lead him wherever his mind goes.

So therefore between him not trolling (aka playing to have fun) and not trolling wrong (consistency between points of posts), he's scum.

I think geript is town. I like how he is convinced he found scum and is pushing for him.
geript, how I read Slam is looking at if he's hiding behind his trolling to not do anything. I would like your take in his play in outlaw.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 08 2016 10:53 GMT
#152
Other slight townreads:
kush, for being invested in solving the game.
yamato, for being invested in solving the game.
It's super early so it's easily fakable so it's slight townreads.

Slight scumread:
Koshi for not being there when he should be awake by now. Koshi usually posts aaaaaaaaalll the time as town, and has a way harder time posting as scum.
Obviously it could be explained by IRL too so it's very slight.
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-08 13:25:21
March 08 2016 13:21 GMT
#153
Vote Count - Day 1


Alakaslam (1): geript

Not Voting (8): Koshi, Tumblewood, Shapelog, nnn_thekushmountains, Vivax, yamato77, Rels, Alakaslam

At this time, no one is slated to be lynched. With 9 players, 5 are needed to lynch.
The next check will occur on 23:00 GMT (+00:00).
Town must find the mafia before on 23:00 GMT (+00:00)

The voting thread is here.
Only votes there will be counted.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
March 08 2016 13:21 GMT
#154
@getript how long has it been since you'll played with alakaslam? Tone-wise he's gotten a lot darker as of late.
I think as scum he usually gives a strong effort early to look townie, which I'm not seeing here. So I don't think a scumread is justified.
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
March 08 2016 13:34 GMT
#155
On March 08 2016 19:50 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2016 17:12 geript wrote:
So basically when Slam is town, he has no clue what he's doing. He tries to have fun while doing something. He tries to play for his fun and others. He tries to get in on jokes. When he breaks to make a serious point, his thoughts meander. It's like he's posting high and there's the roundabout thought hidden between the jokes. When he's mafia, he tries to mimic that shit entirely. But instead of getting the meandering around, it's broken up separately. He focuses mostly on doing on thing at a time instead of just letting him his thoughts lead him wherever his mind goes.

So therefore between him not trolling (aka playing to have fun) and not trolling wrong (consistency between points of posts), he's scum.

I think geript is town. I like how he is convinced he found scum and is pushing for him.
geript, how I read Slam is looking at if he's hiding behind his trolling to not do anything. I would like your take in his play in outlaw.


Two questions:
Do you think getript honestly has a strong scumread of alakslam or is he posturing?
Is part of the reason you townread getript because you agree with him about alakslam?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 08 2016 13:37 GMT
#156
On March 08 2016 22:34 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2016 19:50 Rels wrote:
On March 08 2016 17:12 geript wrote:
So basically when Slam is town, he has no clue what he's doing. He tries to have fun while doing something. He tries to play for his fun and others. He tries to get in on jokes. When he breaks to make a serious point, his thoughts meander. It's like he's posting high and there's the roundabout thought hidden between the jokes. When he's mafia, he tries to mimic that shit entirely. But instead of getting the meandering around, it's broken up separately. He focuses mostly on doing on thing at a time instead of just letting him his thoughts lead him wherever his mind goes.

So therefore between him not trolling (aka playing to have fun) and not trolling wrong (consistency between points of posts), he's scum.

I think geript is town. I like how he is convinced he found scum and is pushing for him.
geript, how I read Slam is looking at if he's hiding behind his trolling to not do anything. I would like your take in his play in outlaw.


Two questions:
Do you think getript honestly has a strong scumread of alakslam or is he posturing?
Is part of the reason you townread getript because you agree with him about alakslam?

Yes and no.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 08 2016 13:38 GMT
#157
To expand on geript, I liked how he entered the game with no bullshit and pushed his reads. And his reads are logical, they do not feel fabricated.
To expand on Slam, I saw him troll as scum (outlaw) and be serious as town (smurf) so I don't think his "non-trolliness" is scum indicative.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 08 2016 13:39 GMT
#158
kush, any feel on tumble's single post ?
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
March 08 2016 13:42 GMT
#159
On March 08 2016 22:38 Rels wrote:
To expand on geript, I liked how he entered the game with no bullshit and pushed his reads. And his reads are logical, they do not feel fabricated.
To expand on Slam, I saw him troll as scum (outlaw) and be serious as town (smurf) so I don't think his "non-trolliness" is scum indicative.


In Outlaw he had a serious early game.
Anyway, I don't know where you are getting that getript's read on alakslam is logical.
He is applying superficial meta to a couple joke phase posts alakaslam made.
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
March 08 2016 13:43 GMT
#160
On March 08 2016 22:39 Rels wrote:
kush, any feel on tumble's single post ?


big summary post with no conclusions. wait and see.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 77 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech142
SpeCial 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 352
MaD[AoV]26
910 23
Bale 11
League of Legends
JimRising 496
Counter-Strike
fl0m4396
Fnx 613
minikerr7
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox469
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4210
Liquid`Hasu553
Other Games
summit1g6844
FrodaN639
C9.Mang0230
Trikslyr17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV252
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream16
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• davetesta0
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21385
Other Games
• imaqtpie798
• Shiphtur755
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 49m
Patches Events
17h 49m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.