• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:28
CEST 17:28
KST 00:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10727 users

[M][N] Mini Mafia: The (kinda) Vanilla Experience - Page 33

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 40 Next All
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 27 2015 23:38 GMT
#2690
Hm... I think there could potentially still be scum within ritoky/Chromatically too. What do you think, BH? I think I'll go to sleep soon though.. Feels like it would be a huge (unnecessary) risk to lynch one of them today.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 00:06 GMT
#2693
Fair enough... I was just having doubts when rayn described his scum meta as "picking a target and tunneling him until the end of time". But I guess he did switch away from me already...
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 11:08 GMT
#2829
On October 28 2015 13:46 ritoky wrote:
i personally think there's at least 1 between gb and hopeless.

as i said before if gb is mafia there is GUARANTEED 1 between gumdrop, vivax, and xata.


I don't think it's "guaranteed", but yeah, it would make some sense to lynch GB information-wise... Especially compared to hopeless.. Honestly I'm fine with any of the trio dying today. My vote is just on Onegu because I have the hardest time believing he's town.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 11:13 GMT
#2830
Hah, I hope ritoky vs gumshoe doesn't start a new rage fest
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 11:16 GMT
#2831
Uh, ritoky giving flashbacks of myself on D1... But I think paranoia usually a towny quality, so I won't hold it against him, I guess...
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 11:27 GMT
#2832
On October 28 2015 14:55 gumshoe wrote:
##unvote

##vote Gb


sorry gb ) : I dont have a good way to clear you anymore, it's on you,


>.>
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 11:34 GMT
#2833
On October 28 2015 18:10 Vivax wrote:
who are the mediocre players u speak of gb?


I guess referring to me? Can't disagree my D1 wasn't particularly productive going against marv and rayn like that... But from now on, I'll just go along with my most town reads because I can't really be certain I have a clue what's going on in this game...
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 11:49 GMT
#2834
On October 28 2015 14:25 Chromatically wrote:
Just checked, gumshoe is definitely town because I think he posts differently as mafia than he does here and as town. It seems like his tone is much more serious as mafia, and definitely not as interested in finding mafia. Plus his mafia games have 2, 2, 2, and 4 page filters total (idk how convincing filter length argument is but it's easy and feels good). I guess it could just be a coincidence that lurker gumshoe showed up for his mafia games, but I don't think that gumshoe would be able to play like this as mafia.

Town game (real similar to here):
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/444078-cultured-mini-mafia?user=gumshoe
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/446774-world-heavyweight-championship-mafia-ii?user=gumshoe

Mafia:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/448443-you-only-shoot-once-mafia?user=gumshoe
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/445571-doctor-who-mafia-2?user=gumshoe
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/445063-handslaps-and-fisticuff-a-pyp-mini?user=gumshoe
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/441596-gsl-open-mini-mafia-iv?user=gumshoe


Posts like this make it harder to tinfoil that Chromatically is scum...
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 11:54 GMT
#2835
On October 28 2015 15:24 GlowingBear wrote:
Let me be sincere here:

I'm completely demotivated to play. Partly because I've burned out of playing mafia, partly because I can't stand coming to a promising game, liking playing it, but then facing medium tier players overvaluating themselves and promoting shitfests, and players that signs in to simply not play the game. It's like playing chess with a wall.

I'm not certain on anyone but Vivax. Vivax has displayed some townie posts, I must agree, but his overall gameplay seems scummy to me. He doesn't feel engaged to win. He hasn't done anything memorable.

The rest I can call scummy for whatever reasons. At this point I want to lynch everybody and be the last man standing.

No, I won't make a case on Vivax. I've spent 3-4 hours re reading day one, talked about Vivax, said we should keep slam and yamato to read later, and that we should go against Onegu and hopeless, just to be called mafia right after. It's boring. Then it's day3, and people are considering a team of me/Onegu/hopeless ROFLMAO. I won't waste my time.

I will be hanging here and give some opinions on whatever I find relevant and vote people accordingly to how I feel comfortable.



For the record, I kind of thought this post could be coming from town? Again the same feeling as at D1 end.

But since it seems that you like to bus, GB, I'm not really dye how GB/Onegu/hopeless could be ruled out. Even if I think you and hopeless have potential to be town. But ritoky's paranoia and Chromatically's continued balanced effort makes me want to townread them more today too..
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 11:55 GMT
#2836
gumshoe's Vivax tinfoil came to mind, but really... Vivax is totally apathetic as scum in my experience,
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 12:05 GMT
#2837
Hmm... Theoretically, I guess ritoky/Onegu could make sense based on ritoky's reluctance to lynch Onegu starting from the original shenanigans... But why would he then jump on Onegu in the first place? Perhaps thinking that it was too late anyway? Well, it's still risky.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 12:07 GMT
#2838
Btw I agree that Onegu's reaction to the NK was odd. It's as if he thought it was natural/expected. What's more, I'm not sure where he pulled Xatalos/hopeless since rayn was mainly scumreading GB and ritoky at the end?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 12:09 GMT
#2839
Hm... I think there may be something to gumshoe's theory, but I think it's a bit too WIFOMy to make our reads based on our assumptions about the last NK. It could well be that they just thought he had potential to be dangerous as a veteran player, like marv.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 13:17 GMT
#2841
On October 28 2015 21:55 Chromatically wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2015 15:08 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 28 2015 14:07 Chromatically wrote:
Ehhhh I really don't agree with that. gumshoe and Xatalos were both of the mindset that yamato scum = GB town, which was pretty reasonable. So they'd want to see the yamato flip before killing GB. Even I thought it would be a mistake to double lynch without considering info from the flip.


This is bullshit. If you think I'm mafia like you show you think I am you vote me 100%.

Tell me how yamato flipping mafia would clear me. And I want YOU to tell me, not anyone else.

What? It doesn't matter what I say, I wasn't convinced yamato mafia would clear you. The point is that Xatalos and gumshoe clearly thought it would.


Agreed...
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 15:21 GMT
#2845
You're adorable.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 15:24 GMT
#2846
Seriously though.. Hm.. I guess it's not a *bad* option to lynch GB. I still think Onegu is more likely scum, though, so maybe you should reconsider gumshoe? Like I see GB actually thinking about the game, but Onegu is just using his votes in ways that contradict his stances, and generally not being coherent with what he posts.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 15:27 GMT
#2847
From Onegu :D

Also dont worry people, I will still figure this game out in lylo, I am the best lylo player ever as you all should know by now.

"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 15:33 GMT
#2848
On October 24 2015 04:32 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2015 04:23 Xatalos wrote:
Onegu... Are you really sure about your rayn read? Because you said that town rayn "wants you to do more". But here his reactions to you have been basically like "I don't want to talk with you", "shut up and sheep". Is that him wanting you to do more? Well, it's not exactly buddying either, but...



No not really but def dont think he is the lynch today. I wouldnt lynch him today for sure I am that comfortable.



On October 24 2015 04:59 Onegu wrote:
##Unvote
##Vote: raynpelikoneet



Couldn't help but laugh
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 15:35 GMT
#2849
On October 25 2015 09:41 Onegu wrote:
Nope Rayn hasnt left yet. He is still town.

Xata is making zero sense here.

##Vote: Xata


Maybe I'm biased but this post really felt weird... There wasn't really either anything before this or any follow-up..
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 28 2015 15:38 GMT
#2850
On October 26 2015 02:19 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2015 02:18 Xatalos wrote:
On October 26 2015 02:16 Onegu wrote:
##Unvote

Still dont like xata and his pushes that make no sense. But he really is the only one talking... I need to think about this more after football.

Football


You also didn't explain what makes no sense... Except your own posts I guess....



Your push on Marv. Your posts with rayn. They make no sense.

Football


There was this... But.... I guess I was ultimately wrong on rayn there, but still... Am I really sure scum just because my read is disagreeable?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 306
OGKoka 287
Codebar 47
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40720
Calm 3844
Shuttle 1918
Bisu 1629
FanTaSy 1456
Mini 1103
Soma 701
Rush 581
EffOrt 477
Stork 328
[ Show more ]
Light 296
actioN 282
Snow 249
Hyuk 246
firebathero 210
ZerO 209
Dewaltoss 96
Zeus 85
Barracks 80
hero 71
Sea.KH 51
Shinee 48
Killer 46
Pusan 36
Sharp 36
Hyun 35
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 29
Free 26
Shine 20
Yoon 20
Aegong 18
PianO 17
HiyA 16
sorry 16
zelot 15
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc9017
Dendi1002
League of Legends
KnowMe36
Counter-Strike
x6flipin674
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes570
Lowko366
Other Games
singsing2300
hiko1591
B2W.Neo357
byalli269
Liquid`VortiX186
Livibee185
mouzStarbuck172
Hui .169
Beastyqt72
Mew2King71
Trikslyr62
Rex25
RotterdaM23
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV255
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV248
League of Legends
• Nemesis2655
Other Games
• Shiphtur504
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 47m
Replay Cast
7h 32m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.