• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:01
CEST 14:01
KST 21:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9289 users

[M][N] Mini Mafia: The (kinda) Vanilla Experience - Page 15

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 40 Next All
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 21:09 GMT
#1397
Who is Gunshot btw?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 21:13 GMT
#1398
If it's the case that marv wouldn't want to play at all as scum, as it seems to be, that just leaves me to conclude that marv is off his game. I guess that can happen to everyone... I'll need to confirm that for myself next though.

As for rayn/Chromatically, they should be lynched next most likely. Currently undecided on the last suspect.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 21:17 GMT
#1400
Well..... All I can say is that if this is marv's current scumgame, then he's probably town here... http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/494452-student-mafia-xv?user=marvellosity
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 21:18 GMT
#1401
On October 24 2015 06:14 raynpelikoneet wrote:
i am qeffectively quitting this game because this is not fun.


You mean the pressure? Get used to it. It's a part of playing Mafia.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 21:19 GMT
#1403
On October 24 2015 06:05 raynpelikoneet wrote:
wGFhy do i play with trolls
hy do i play with people who are .............iusfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfasfaoC A


Why do you call him troll? He played this game more seriously and focused more on scumhunting than I've ever seen him do. Last time he was scum, he only trolled all game. Nothing like that here.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 21:24 GMT
#1407
Seriously rayn, you hosted the game where he was scum and only trolled all game. You even talked to me on Skype how he didn't really play at all. Here his effort level was like 20-30x higher, yet you are mad about it. Following your logic, half of the players in this game are useless trolls, since he put in more effort than most. Especially Onegu/Hopeless/gumshoe.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 21:25 GMT
#1411
On October 24 2015 06:23 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2015 06:06 Xatalos wrote:
On October 24 2015 06:04 marvellosity wrote:
Slam why couldn't you post that 10 minutes earlier?


What difference would it have made? It was just a listpost, nothing especially townish compared to his clear focus on scumhunting all D1.

i found it very town?

would you just fuck off?


Not really. Anyone can make listposts. Reading through the thread and making insightful comments on stuff is harder and he did just that.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 21:27 GMT
#1415
On October 24 2015 06:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2015 06:24 Vivax wrote:
i feel bad for slam but otherwise pretty relaxed

i don't. he should be lynched 100% of the games he "plays" in.


I don't really know what to say. I've never seen him put in this much effort, and I think the average level of effort from players is lower than his effort this game. This game is full of veterans so obviously the level of play is generally higher, but still he didn't seem bad or anything. The opposite actually.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 21:28 GMT
#1416
On October 24 2015 06:27 marvellosity wrote:
god i hope you are scum, xata.


And I hope you are too, but sadly that doesn't seem to be the case based on your last scumgames where you didn't even play. Maybe your level of play as town dropped along with it.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 21:31 GMT
#1417
I mean, a part of my scumread on you was that I wished you were scum. Alas, I have to face reality.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 21:42 GMT
#1421
Basically, I don't think someone who joins games with the attitude of ruining the game if he rolls a specific role has the right to call anyone terrible. Especially if he also can't read people properly.

As for rayn, I'm appeased by the fact that he is scum.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 21:44 GMT
#1422
But I won't completely rule out the option that marv could be scum and the scumteam forced him to actually play in this game. I know I would have done everything I could to achieve that in their position. Well, looking at the last game, that might have still not been possible....
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 21:48 GMT
#1424
On October 24 2015 06:45 gumshoe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2015 06:24 Xatalos wrote:
Seriously rayn, you hosted the game where he was scum and only trolled all game. You even talked to me on Skype how he didn't really play at all. Here his effort level was like 20-30x higher, yet you are mad about it. Following your logic, half of the players in this game are useless trolls, since he put in more effort than most. Especially Onegu/Hopeless/gumshoe.


Bro I've put way more effort into this game than you and def more than slam and thats Besides the fact that I wasn't pushing for a retarded lynch like half of town.

I've provided plenty of solid reasons all throughout day 1 for why I deemed gb, rayn and slam town. I scum read you initially and then realized I was flat out wrong before my idiocy impacted the lynch (something you could learn from).

Worst thing is, now you fucking group me with the people I wanted gone? That is total bullshit.

apologize to gumshoe + Lynch yamato/hopeless day 2= eat crow and profit.


What could I learn from? I was right.

But I agree that you have actually posted some stuff in this game. Although it's mostly been about policy lynching lurkers.

Maybe I should take a small break now. I don't usually get invested enough in games to insult people.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 22:02 GMT
#1428
On October 24 2015 06:56 gumshoe wrote:
Also I deduced why Gb is town, I meta read rayn, I gut read slam, worked through some suspicions with Bh, didnt tinfoil against marv, accused Yamato of making a mafia play based off forbidden knowledge, went back and forth on chrom and you and ritoky. I've done tons of thinking and posting and you boiling it down to me accusing lurkers is super shitty

I hope you die tonight. And I dont mean in the game.


...... Okay. But that's really what it boils down to, since the other stuff didn't have much impact during the day. At most it gathered responses like "scum post" or "useless wall of text" (not by me, mind you).
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 22:03 GMT
#1429
On October 24 2015 06:54 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2015 06:17 Xatalos wrote:
Well..... All I can say is that if this is marv's current scumgame, then he's probably town here... http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/494452-student-mafia-xv?user=marvellosity


Wow Xat, you successfully deduced that Marv's scumgame is really bad and apathetic right now

how could you figure that out so quickly without help? so clever, you get towncred from me for your original discovery

oh no wait

oh

oh no

the opposite of that


When did I claim it was an original discovery? I just went and looked for myself since the doubt of you misrepresenting something wouldn't leave my head after your unvote + support of rayn when he was in actual danger.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 22:04 GMT
#1430
On October 24 2015 06:51 gumshoe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2015 06:48 Xatalos wrote:
On October 24 2015 06:45 gumshoe wrote:
On October 24 2015 06:24 Xatalos wrote:
Seriously rayn, you hosted the game where he was scum and only trolled all game. You even talked to me on Skype how he didn't really play at all. Here his effort level was like 20-30x higher, yet you are mad about it. Following your logic, half of the players in this game are useless trolls, since he put in more effort than most. Especially Onegu/Hopeless/gumshoe.


Bro I've put way more effort into this game than you and def more than slam and thats Besides the fact that I wasn't pushing for a retarded lynch like half of town.

I've provided plenty of solid reasons all throughout day 1 for why I deemed gb, rayn and slam town. I scum read you initially and then realized I was flat out wrong before my idiocy impacted the lynch (something you could learn from).

Worst thing is, now you fucking group me with the people I wanted gone? That is total bullshit.

apologize to gumshoe + Lynch yamato/hopeless day 2= eat crow and profit.


What could I learn from? I was right.

But I agree that you have actually posted some stuff in this game. Although it's mostly been about policy lynching lurkers.

Maybe I should take a small break now. I don't usually get invested enough in games to insult people.


your wrong about Rayn / : if things had gone your way it would have been just as bad, only slam wouldnt have started crying green tears like Rayn.

Also scum have a harder time just talking than town / : whats wrong with looking at lurkers who have shit reads on top of being lurkers?


Well, we'll see. I won't say that there couldn't be scum among the lurkers.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 22:25 GMT
#1432
I still think Vivax is town. He didn't do much later on in the day, but he was still constantly involved and talking. What I've seen of scum Vivax is total apathy towards the thread.

I guess marv has to be town since he doesn't even play as scum anymore (it's a pretty sad reason, but it is what it is).

Blazinghand I still think is town. He was active around the deadline and trying shenanigans, even if scum should have been content with the way things were going.

gusmhoe is... town? It's not completely certain, but I think this is the best performance I've ever seen out of him. It would be nice to see more detailed analysis by someone who knows his "active" meta.

GlowingBear could be town. I liked some of the things he did later on D1. I think his alignment is rather strongly tied with rayn's. If rayn is scum, he's almost certainly not scum. If rayn is town, he has a decent chance of being scum. Especially considering his switch to rayn when things got heated at the end. Hard to see him doing that as scum with rayn.

Hopeless is... what? No idea. Some people said he was sure town, but it's hard to believe that without any evidence. Null.

rayn is probably scum. At least I really hope so. His play in this game has been focused on trying to push forward mislynches (me + Slam for certain, plus others with varying probability), OMGUS and unnatural read progression (not dependent on game events, but rather what's convenient for survival/mislynches).

Onegu is ?

Chromatically could well be scum. Like someone said, he's been kind of mechanical and detached. There's no... real thread presence. Just posting some stuff from time to time.

ritoky is town? It felt like he kind of disappeared later on. At least his initial posts were nice.. Hopefully he'll come back in force. If not, I'll reconsider.

Dunno about yamato yet. Many people seem to consider him obvtown, but I haven't yet seen anything definitely townie. He's been this inactive as both town/scum in my experience, and usually he's only more active as town. Maybe he will make a grand entrance at some point.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 22:28 GMT
#1433
On October 24 2015 07:11 gumshoe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2015 07:02 Xatalos wrote:
On October 24 2015 06:56 gumshoe wrote:
Also I deduced why Gb is town, I meta read rayn, I gut read slam, worked through some suspicions with Bh, didnt tinfoil against marv, accused Yamato of making a mafia play based off forbidden knowledge, went back and forth on chrom and you and ritoky. I've done tons of thinking and posting and you boiling it down to me accusing lurkers is super shitty

I hope you die tonight. And I dont mean in the game.


...... Okay. But that's really what it boils down to, since the other stuff didn't have much impact during the day. At most it gathered responses like "scum post" or "useless wall of text" (not by me, mind you).


I have no power over how people chose to take what I've said. But I have been trying, and you of all people who have been harping about my lurker meta should appreciate that as opposed to taking low blows against me.

I will be back later with ANOTHER case against hopeless and Yamato. Others can feel free to call them lurker tunneling or shitty wot's if that makes them feel better. Cause you know who gets called a shitposter by everyone till thier blue in the face? The guy whose onto scum : D but isnt good enough to convince town to listen to him ) that or just a shitty player). Regardless I will continue to push the people I think are scum. Not the small horde of poor bastards town will likely go through in the days to come if they all act like you.


Well, sorry about the "low blow", but I think it was lower to hope that I would die IRL. Regardless, keep at it. It was a mistake to lump you with Onegu/Hopeless, I admit it. It's better if you keep trying rather than dive into lurkerland.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 22:45 GMT
#1434
It's also a great misrepresentation to say that Slam was trolling this game. I think there were many insights of value from him. All the better since he's confirmed town.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 23:37 GMT
#1447
What the heck is that post by Coagulation :D
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1181
WardiTV490
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 9680
StarCastTV_EN242
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko451
ProTech133
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 17497
Bisu 3920
Jaedong 2939
EffOrt 1091
BeSt 968
ZerO 512
Horang2 416
actioN 270
Larva 207
Zeus 193
[ Show more ]
Pusan 175
Yoon 121
Mind 110
Barracks 109
Hyun 100
ggaemo 77
Killer 53
Snow 48
Sharp 41
Shinee 40
scan(afreeca) 37
NotJumperer 33
Bale 31
ToSsGirL 29
Hm[arnc] 23
Terrorterran 21
Sacsri 19
Mini 13
zelot 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Noble 7
sorry 5
Dota 2
Dendi1020
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1449
byalli740
markeloff87
Other Games
crisheroes314
DeMusliM200
Pyrionflax194
B2W.Neo141
dupreeh114
Mew2King65
QueenE45
Livibee44
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 115
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV636
League of Legends
• Jankos1288
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 59m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.