• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:26
CEST 22:26
KST 05:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11969 users

[M][T] The New Personality Mafia - Page 210

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 208 209 210 211 212 220 Next
JudgeJudy
Profile Joined August 2015
188 Posts
September 03 2015 20:50 GMT
#4181
[image loading]

On August 24 2015 07:13 Onegu wrote:
You have unlocked...a secondary win condition! Even if scum lose, you get a win if the REDACTED role is killed first. May not claim this or out your scum team.


Anyone have any idea what this might refer to? At first I assumed it would be like a win condition that relies on taking out the 3p damdred or something, but then it refers to not "outing your scum team" which suggests this might have been like a mafia traitor type role. I know rayn never would have unlocked it at this point, but is there a certain personality role that makes sense here?

As far as I know, marv wouldn't have had a beef with HF, Koshi, or FecalFeast, unless there is a reference that I'm not familiar with.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
September 03 2015 21:01 GMT
#4182
Mostly just waiting to see where you end up.
Retired.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 03 2015 21:10 GMT
#4183
I'd guess Palmar.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 03 2015 21:16 GMT
#4184
Marv had to outlive the hf role to show he was still the best mafia player.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 03 2015 21:18 GMT
#4185
It was in the original post but was edited out I believe
JudgeJudy
Profile Joined August 2015
188 Posts
September 04 2015 01:35 GMT
#4186
[image loading]

Okay, finally finished up with Tictock's filter. Once I hear back I'll make my final decision.

On August 20 2015 16:20 Tictock wrote:
Obi is actually a slight town read for me currently, he has made a few pokes and prods. As scum I'd describe him as "just along for the ride", in this game I feel like he's a little engadged, sorta? Idk he is definitely someone to keep an eye on though.


On August 24 2015 10:24 Tictock wrote:
Everything I've seen from obi is consistent with his scum game.


On August 25 2015 07:27 Tictock wrote:
Probably Town, but I'm not sure yet:
ObiWanShinobi


On August 28 2015 00:58 Tictock wrote:
Tbh I've never had reason to read Obi as town.

It's been riding on a hope and a dream


This is a follow up from the previous post so you can reply to that part together with this one maybe. It's been really difficult to follow your read on obi. You haven't mentioned him between these posts but on d1 you were town lean, night two you were scum lean, day three you have him back in the probably town pool and on day four you never read him as town. Could you elaborate what specifically made your read evolve between these cycles. You're not very consistent here and without an explanation I'm kinda lost.

On August 25 2015 08:06 Tictock wrote:
I say lynch Chez & nuke TL!


On August 25 2015 08:58 Tictock wrote:
Is somebody nuking LT yet?


These posts come out scummy in retrospect. TT suggests a nuke on LT, which would have allowed him to survive the cycle with an anti-nuke, which we know he had. LT even claimed in the thread that he had an anti so it really doesn't make sense to not make him the lynch considering the red check had been revealed by this point.

On August 25 2015 07:15 Tictock wrote:
So tbh, I'm not all that convinced LT is scum. The fact that he was saying to check rayn is only bad in retrospect since rayn flipped pgo, his late vote on rels is a bit more telling though


What about LT's play during the first two cycles made you be on the fence about him going into day three prior to the cop check?

On August 31 2015 17:15 Tictock wrote:
Besides, I honestly don't see getting much information out of his lynch.


On September 01 2015 15:07 Tictock wrote:
Oddly enough I think a lot of people agree Obi could be scum here and he might very well be the best lynch. The reason I say I feel like his lynch isn't too informative is because there is less contention there. It's the mechanical easy play, (Everyone not on Rayn wagon - green checks = Obi) and it will still be there tomorrow so I'm inclined to leave him alone another day.


On September 02 2015 04:00 Tictock wrote:
The best way I can think to reexplain (and it may not even be a very good point) is to look at the analogy of a lynch vs nuke. A nuke is static and doesn't offer much chance for discussion, whereas a lynch is dynamic and generates a lot of content. Look at how Obi has responded to pressure thus far, it doesn't seem like he'd offer much to discuss if we were all pushing on him.


I still don't follow this, even after you re-explanation. When the game is nearly over, why does the lynch need to provide information or offer up a discussion? If obi is mafia, then the game likely is over. Getting information or discussion doesn't matter at that point. It's weird you say to leave him around for tomorrow, yet mention that he might be the best lynch.
JudgeJudy
Profile Joined August 2015
188 Posts
September 04 2015 01:42 GMT
#4187
[image loading]

The thread is awfully dead considering that we probably need to get this right today if damdred does his own thing tomorrow. Has everyone else made up their mind already? :/
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
September 04 2015 03:52 GMT
#4188
Technically I'm here, but cluttering the thread with annoying and laggy gifs that make it impossible for me to check in via phone have their drawbacks.
Retired.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2015 04:10 GMT
#4189
Having been in the situation where a townie is like 99% likely to get mislynched the following day a few times before and having playing opposite that position (whether as scum or town), what you generally see when people get in that situation is a burst of activity. A burst of here's what I think and why I think it and here's why you're wrong about me. Hell in my second game, I was in that position and did (poor) analysis on over half the players in a large game. I added like 2-3 pages to my filter easily. I was there in the game where HF bussed Suki D1, and I made the. Let's pretend I'm a treestump and have flipped green. Chezinu was like that in TSM, where he did what he could albeit not well. It happens more often than not.

So today, I didn't want to post that much or analyze and really sit back and see what TT did. He's made 8 posts. Most of which have little to no useful shit in them.

I want to draw attention to a few specific things:
On September 03 2015 17:39 Tictock wrote:
I'm not sure if that's enough to convince me he's town though.

On September 03 2015 18:03 Tictock wrote:
Wish I had better reasons to townread Obi, then I could die happy today.

Is this the sentiment of a townie who's about to get mislynched? "Oh I'm not sure about this" or "I wish I had better reasons for that." Fuck no. If he's town, and he 100% knows he's about to get mislynched, then he 100% knows that his opinions are going to matter. In the least, they'd matter to me. People will at least consider the points he's making, the things he's figured out for himself. Basically, his opinion becomes relevant. Instead, what we've seen from TT is a token show of effort. I've never seen that from town. You'll see either complete fuck off and giving up OR you'll see super try hard. This guy has repeatedly misrepresented why I've scumread him. He's completely misrepresented why he's obviously mafia for how he used his power; note it is not "because he used his power" I don't give a fuck about that. He's shown smart "pick ups" throughout the game yet now is completely thrown for a loop??? There's literally no way he flips town.

Basically, I'm just here to remind everyone to fucking lynch him and get the shit over with.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
September 04 2015 05:35 GMT
#4190
Sure, why not.
Retired.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
September 04 2015 05:43 GMT
#4191
Geript is obviously the person to listen to here, I mean he's been so right all game.

Just lynch me and get this over with.
I can take that responsibility.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
September 04 2015 13:11 GMT
#4192
Day 6 Votecount

Tictock (3): geript, JudgeJudy, ObiWanShinobi, ObiWanShinobi
ObiWanShinobi (0): Tictock

Not Voting (2): Damdred, Tictock

Currently, Tictock is set to be lynched with 3 votes in . Please do not forget to vote. You may vote for yourself, and a vote of "no lynch" is allowed.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/492852-the-new-personality-voting-thread

Please vote in the voting thread if you want your vote to be counted.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
September 04 2015 13:52 GMT
#4193
On September 04 2015 14:43 Tictock wrote:
Geript is obviously the person to listen to here, I mean he's been so right all game.

Just lynch me and get this over with.


You're not really helping yourself.
Retired.
JudgeJudy
Profile Joined August 2015
188 Posts
September 04 2015 14:06 GMT
#4194
[image loading]

Yeah I mean do you plan to respond to anything I wrote yesterday TT? I did spend most of my free time looking through your filter after all and then you just responded to geript's single post. :/
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
September 04 2015 14:51 GMT
#4195
The answer to pretty much all your questions JJ, is yes that's what I thought at the time.

Going into D2-3 I was sorta townreading Tube and LT. Apparently I forgot LT had an anti-nuke, at the time I believe I was thinking Chez mighta been town or w/e 3p he claimed and a trying to lynch him woulda gotten him to possibly be productive LT was more checked out.

I voted FF with the RNG to see if it got reaction, I honestly didn't know nukes existed in mafia till this game.

I don't have a clue how to read Obi. I've seen him in the past 2 of his games where he rolled scum but haven't seen him as town, he probably plays close to the same either way so I don't have a clue how to tell it apart.

I was going to respond earlier, but after geripts post and reviewing my answers I can't imagine it will change anyone's mind.

I'm not sure who is mafia at this point.

Geript's reads are pure shit teir and he's not bothering to reconsider anything, but role-blah-blah-greencheck-blah-RB

I don't even know if Obi has a read on anyone, just that he's ok lynching me.

Damdred will prob show up in a few hours, but he's been clear he townreads the geript and Obi.

JJ your the only one putting effort in today, but clearly you've suddenly decided I could be mafia today when the idea never crossed your mind last phase.

So I'm just hoping that there isn't 2 mafia left in the lot of you and me no longer caring isn't throwing the game, if it is well like I said in an earlier post, I had my fun last cycle.

So since nobody has had the idea to talk about somebody else this phase, lets just get it over with and lynch me ok?
I can take that responsibility.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
September 04 2015 15:08 GMT
#4196
So JJ, where do you stand?
Retired.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 04 2015 15:15 GMT
#4197
Obi what do you think though
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2015 15:16 GMT
#4198
On September 04 2015 23:51 Tictock wrote:
Geript's reads are pure shit teir and he's not bothering to reconsider anything, but role-blah-blah-greencheck-blah-RB

On September 04 2015 13:10 geript wrote:
So today, I didn't want to post that much or analyze and really sit back and see what TT did. He's made 8 posts. Most of which have little to no useful shit in them.
JudgeJudy
Profile Joined August 2015
188 Posts
September 04 2015 15:20 GMT
#4199
On September 05 2015 00:08 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
So JJ, where do you stand?


[image loading]

I guess I'm sticking with TT. This is still a really tough choice, but he hasn't really addressed anything I found scummy from the filter dive and it kinda seems like he has given up by not offering up a preferred lynch today. If he was town I would have thought that he would at least try to suggest who is the final mafia if the game is still going on after his own lynch. meh I really hope this is over with.

you?
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
September 04 2015 15:26 GMT
#4200
On September 05 2015 00:15 Damdred wrote:
Obi what do you think though


Still don't really trust JJ.

@TT: Did you ever address what JJ brought up? It kind of seems like it but I'd like to confirm for the sake of it.
Retired.
Prev 1 208 209 210 211 212 220 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20558
Calm 2155
Shuttle 336
White-Ra 179
Mini 165
ZZZero.O 117
firebathero 77
soO 9
Sacsri 6
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1594
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4800
Liquid`Hasu609
Other Games
summit1g6810
Liquid`RaSZi2316
FrodaN1816
fl0m1390
B2W.Neo929
olofmeister775
RotterdaM499
crisheroes321
IndyStarCraft 242
Pyrionflax205
Livibee200
Mew2King65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1009
BasetradeTV197
StarCraft 2
angryscii 27
EmSc Tv 17
EmSc2Tv 17
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 21
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki40
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1504
• Shiphtur668
• WagamamaTV369
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 34m
Replay Cast
2h 34m
OSC
15h 34m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.