• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:48
CEST 01:48
KST 08:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7432 users

Generic Boring Mini Mafia - Page 73

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 71 72 73 74 Next
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
May 25 2015 23:27 GMT
#1441
Endgame
Scum wins






Stutters695 the Veteran has been killed! His armour was roleblocked.

The game has ended!





I did not wait for confirmation from the balance team before starting this game. Both foolishness and Blazinghand informed me that the setup was scum favoured after it started. I placed too much weight on the Innocent Child when coming up with the setup. Please direct all angry remarks and insults to me and me alone.

That being said, the scumteam had a pretty easy time and I'm not sure the extra mislynch with the vig removed would have been game changing in this specific instance.



obs qt http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/u5HHFAq9Lsv
scum qt http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/cRwrGTFRP7t

scumteam
Onegu (vig)
Oatsmaster (RB)
ShoCkeyy (goon)
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
May 25 2015 23:29 GMT
#1442
gg all xP

<3 oneg you scummy bastard lol
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
May 25 2015 23:30 GMT
#1443
oh right, the only blues town had were Inno child (GB) and vet (stutters)
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
May 25 2015 23:32 GMT
#1444
Well... I was onto oneg at the end oh well
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
May 25 2015 23:38 GMT
#1445
this game was pretty easy.
Heh.

I have no idea why everyone gave onegu a free pass for killing the towniest player in the game.
No gg, No skill.
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
May 25 2015 23:43 GMT
#1446
Onegu is natural born mafia folks.

Policy lynching him next game we're in together <3
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
May 25 2015 23:43 GMT
#1447
On May 26 2015 07:28 Stutters695 wrote:
Because you tried to lynch me for not claiming instead of people with valid points against them?


I was trying to lynch shockey all game you fucking numbskull. I even left my vote on him over you.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
May 25 2015 23:44 GMT
#1448
I'm glad we lost.
Retired.
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
May 25 2015 23:50 GMT
#1449
On May 26 2015 05:06 Onegu wrote:
Onegu scum MVP T_T

Try TL Mafia!!!
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
May 25 2015 23:52 GMT
#1450
So how did I play? Lol
Life?
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
May 26 2015 00:07 GMT
#1451
On May 26 2015 08:52 ShoCkeyy wrote:
So how did I play? Lol



Fine other than claiming mafia shot scib :/
Try TL Mafia!!!
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
May 26 2015 00:20 GMT
#1452
Didn't mean too, but it got ignored and played off really well, other than that <3 GB. Obi & Palmar!
Life?
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-26 00:27:45
May 26 2015 00:27 GMT
#1453
Puppies and unicorns. Nothing to see here.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
May 26 2015 00:37 GMT
#1454
Honestly the setup wasn't too bad. Town sucked on its own and deserved to lose.
Retired.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 26 2015 01:29 GMT
#1455
On May 26 2015 09:37 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Honestly the setup wasn't too bad. Town sucked on its own and deserved to lose.

Yes, absolutely.
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
May 26 2015 01:38 GMT
#1456
gg mafia I think you guys played fairly well. Didn't make any major blunders (except maybe that one post from shock) and exploited town's mistakes. Shockey did well to keep posting in the face of massive pressure. Gutsy, but ultimately nice play to claim vig onegu. I have no idea how to catch mafia oats besides poe.

ggwp

I enjoyed playing and obsing despite the stomp. Thanks for hosting ff and ksc.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
May 26 2015 01:52 GMT
#1457
the best part is shockey was the alternative lynch for all 3 days and didnt die.
No gg, No skill.
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-26 02:06:37
May 26 2015 02:03 GMT
#1458
Oh yeah, reflections on how to improve hosting.

1. Closed setups are cool but change the wifom side of balance a lot more than expected.

2. If I ask someone a question or for advice, WAIT FOR A RESPONSE BEFORE ACTING OUT OF MY OWN VOLITION. Why do I even bother asking for help if I'm going to act on my own before the response comes?

3. Similar to number 2, wait for confirmation before assuming my setup is fine.

4. Good job not spoiling anything to anyone this game. Also good job no modkills.

Questions for players and observers alike:

1. Aside from the balance, what aspects of the hosting for this game specifically could be improved upon and which aspects were done well?

2. Do you prefer setups that are open, semi-open, or closed? Why?

3. I usually have at least one person asking to be spoiled while observing. Do you think it's a good idea to have a separate obs chat for those who want to be spoiled and one where spoilers are not allowed? Is the risk of cheating too great for it to be worthwhile?

4. Assuming it's balanced would you prefer a game with many roles that are weak (mason/inno child/vet/parity cop/watcher etc) or a game with fewer strong roles (cop/vig/doctor/jk etc) on the town side?

5. Not modkilling for activity; should I start doing that?
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 26 2015 02:13 GMT
#1459
On May 26 2015 11:03 Fecalfeast wrote:
Oh yeah, reflections on how to improve hosting.

1. Closed setups are cool but change the wifom side of balance a lot more than expected.

2. If I ask someone a question or for advice, WAIT FOR A RESPONSE BEFORE ACTING OUT OF MY OWN VOLITION. Why do I even bother asking for help if I'm going to act on my own before the response comes?

3. Similar to number 2, wait for confirmation before assuming my setup is fine.

4. Good job not spoiling anything to anyone this game. Also good job no modkills.

Questions for players and observers alike:

1. Aside from the balance, what aspects of the hosting for this game specifically could be improved upon and which aspects were done well?

2. Do you prefer setups that are open, semi-open, or closed? Why?

3. I usually have at least one person asking to be spoiled while observing. Do you think it's a good idea to have a separate obs chat for those who want to be spoiled and one where spoilers are not allowed? Is the risk of cheating too great for it to be worthwhile?

4. Assuming it's balanced would you prefer a game with many roles that are weak (mason/inno child/vet/parity cop/watcher etc) or a game with fewer strong roles (cop/vig/doctor/jk etc) on the town side?

5. Not modkilling for activity; should I start doing that?

Seperate obs qts is not a good idea - obs qts are empty enough. If you want no spoilers tell people (I know you already do) and say if you think something is not ok to post so that it gets edited. If you are still afraid don't invite spoiled people to the qt/don't give them the link.
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
May 26 2015 02:38 GMT
#1460
On May 26 2015 11:03 Fecalfeast wrote:
1. Aside from the balance, what aspects of the hosting for this game specifically could be improved upon and which aspects were done well?
+ Show Spoiler +

Done well:
  • I like no 3P and that you told us it was 10 vs 3
  • I appreciate your responsiveness to PMs
  • I appreciate day and night posts being done on time
  • Love that you constantly try to improve as host

Could be improved:
More votecounts. Both during D1 and when doing analysis after, I wished there had been more votecounts on D1 in both the game thread and voting thread. Also I would like vote counts in end-of-day posts and in the vote thread at the end of each day as soon as possible.

On May 26 2015 11:03 Fecalfeast wrote:
2. Do you prefer setups that are open, semi-open, or closed? Why?
+ Show Spoiler +

Generally, the more open the better IMO because I hate host WIFOM. I love full open setups with everything rng'd because then I don't have to analyze what the host would or would not do. Also, I think closed/"balanced" setups give an unfair advantage to players that are more familiar with the host and/or the meta. New players have much less of an idea of what to expect, and are unfairly disadvantaged.

The things I don't like about open setups are that they are slightly less exciting and it is harder to make big plays as mafia. I think the former problem can be solved with creative use of rng. There are a lot of setups on mafiascucm you can look at for ideas such as C9++ or matrix6. I think that in a really well designed open setup, it is also possible for mafia to make strategic, smart fake-claims, althought the big play potential will never be quite the same as a closed setup.

On May 26 2015 11:03 Fecalfeast wrote:
3. I usually have at least one person asking to be spoiled while observing. Do you think it's a good idea to have a separate obs chat for those who want to be spoiled and one where spoilers are not allowed? Is the risk of cheating too great for it to be worthwhile?
+ Show Spoiler +

I think it's fine as is. This game the obs qt was pretty lonely. Put me and JAT in separate obs qt's and you would have gotten even less discussion. I personally don't mind getting some info leaked into the obs qt even when I'm trying to obs without full knowledge.

On May 26 2015 11:03 Fecalfeast wrote:
4. Assuming it's balanced would you prefer a game with many roles that are weak (mason/inno child/vet/parity cop/watcher etc) or a game with fewer strong roles (cop/vig/doctor/jk etc) on the town side?
+ Show Spoiler +

No strong preference. Fewer strong roles seems easier to balance and what people are used to, so I'm fine sticking with that.

On May 26 2015 11:03 Fecalfeast wrote:
5. Not modkilling for activity; should I start doing that?
+ Show Spoiler +

I think I prefer not modkilling for (in)activity. I always feel like once there is a modkill the game isn't "legit" anymore. If somebody doesn't post/vote for 1 day but comes back the next day I don't see how it makes any sense to modkill them.. seems like it is just ruining the game. If somebody goes permanently afk, replace if possible but if not, I'm fine with town having to lynch them. If they are town, they hurt their team. Makes sense.

I really don't see any good reason to modkill for inactivity tbh. Maybe someone could persuade me otherwise.
Prev 1 71 72 73 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 176
ProTech132
ViBE121
SpeCial 57
StarCraft: Brood War
910 72
NaDa 21
Dota 2
monkeys_forever427
canceldota136
League of Legends
Doublelift4393
Other Games
summit1g5927
JimRising 403
C9.Mang0366
ToD111
JuggernautJason34
PPMD33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick671
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 103
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP45
• poizon28 41
• RyuSc2 21
• musti20045 18
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra969
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur612
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
10h 12m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
17h 12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
Patches Events
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.