• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:19
CEST 09:19
KST 16:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8831 users

Noir Mini Mafia: Chapter 3 - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 03:06 GMT
#383
You guys stay around, okay? When I finish reading the thread, I need people to talk to.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 03:13 GMT
#385
On April 22 2015 12:06 Trfel wrote:
You guys stay around, okay? When I finish reading the thread, I need people to talk to.
Eh, never mind.

I think I need a break.

See you guys tomorrow.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 03:34 GMT
#394
Just a quick update on where I'm at.

I reread about the first half of the thread.

Damdred is very likely to be town here, despite my earlier read. His play actually does have direction and focus. Furthermore, someone pointed out that mafia Damdred plays to survive. Damdred isn't playing to survive here; smaller post count (at least in the first half of the thread) aside, Damdred's tone is extremely relaxed, and he did that strange list post to try and draw questions about it. Damdred here is enjoying the game, and playing for fun, which makes him quite likely to be town.

WaveofShadow is also town here. His play makes sense from a town perspective throughout, both when he thought that the game was Instant Majority and when he realized what the vote format is. Again, WaveofShadow's play shows some inconsistencies, but they are in the details and I actually think that they make him more likely to be town (I explained one of them a few posts back).

Breshke is probably town here as well. I was a bit put off by the way that he defended WaveofShadow when it wasn't necessary, but the comment he gave was absolutely correct, and the way that he posted afterwards seemed genuine. He's been providing useful points and good thoughts this game, and that is a sign of town Breshke.

I think that yamato77 could be mafia here. I'm not going to go into it in detail, but it's just an impression that I get. He makes several comments picking on people's play, and only later attaching an alignment to it (ironically, one example of this is Breshke defending WaveofShadow without taking a stance on WaveofShadow's alignment.... yamato77 only takes an actual stance on Breshke later). Furthermore, yamato77 wanted to point out one of WaveofShadow's statements that had no value (it was a null read on himself), but didn't arrive at any conclusions about WaveofShadow's alignment from this. Yamato77 does seem a bit overly concerned with people's reads on himself.

I might be gone for a while. Good luck, and happy scumhunting!
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 03:39 GMT
#395
Grr, forgot Artanis and Blazinghand. I'm a bit flustered at the moment.

Artanis is probably town, though I haven't carefully read the section of the thread in which he was posting. His questions are not only motivated at making reads, but also increasing the thread motivation. While he could do this as scum, I don't think it's terribly likely. In addition to the way that he responded to my pressure on him (previously described), I feel that Artanis is likely town.

And Blazinghand could very well be scum. I didn't want to say it earlier in case he would hear that he was under pressure and change his play, but everyone's already talking about it. Blazinghand is willing to go to any length to survive.

Furthermore, I don't actually think that his post comes in a town mindset. Town wouldn't sign up for a game and not even have time to read the thread. Town would glance over a few pages and provide at least a few thoughts to go on. Town wouldn't necessarily ask for a no-lynch on Day 1, town would trust that if other people wanted to lynch someone, that they would have good reasons for doing so, and wouldn't force themselves to be present. Town wouldn't set a hard deadline. His post feels more motivated by someone wanting to survive, than the actual words that he says.

Good enough for me for now.

##vote Blazinghand
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 16:55 GMT
#515
On April 22 2015 04:15 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Hm, I can see what you're saying Wave. Looking back I do feel like he's pulling a bit of a character though, which leads me to believe the confidence thing isn't really alignment indicative in this case.
Still catching up on the thread.

But would it be possible to get an explanation of this? What does it mean to "pull a bit of character"?

Thanks!
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 19:32 GMT
#517
I have come to a realization. This entire game seems to think that the third vote on a wagon is a scummy vote.

I'm not scum. Let me prove it.

##unvote
##vote Blazinghand


Hammer vote is mine!
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 20:11 GMT
#521
On April 23 2015 05:08 WaveofShadow wrote:
Trfel incapable of basic math apparently, or lying.

Do explain?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 20:13 GMT
#524
On April 23 2015 05:12 WaveofShadow wrote:
And once again, how the hell have you taken so long to 'catch up with the thread?'

Like, a bunch of other people flat out profess to not have read it but you would rather make excuses for not reading a 20 page game?
I'm on page 26 right now. Let me finish. I'm not making excuses.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 20:16 GMT
#525
Okay, I have now read the entire thread. Thank you very much for your patience, it is much appreciated.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 20:44 GMT
#526
Is it alignment indicative for Blazinghand's primary motivation to be survival instead of scumhunting?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 20:48 GMT
#528
On April 23 2015 05:45 rsoultin wrote:
so now that you've read the entire thread you can solve it for us, right? xP i've retired from the "annoying prodder" role. carry me
Working on it, but yamato77 is annoying. My explanation of why he is scum doesn't fit into any of my typical case formats, so I might have to improvise a bit.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 20:58 GMT
#529
On April 23 2015 05:48 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2015 05:45 rsoultin wrote:
so now that you've read the entire thread you can solve it for us, right? xP i've retired from the "annoying prodder" role. carry me
Working on it, but yamato77 is annoying. My explanation of why he is scum doesn't fit into any of my typical case formats, so I might have to improvise a bit.
Never mind about this, really.

In the end there isn't much that sticks on yamato77. He's mostly been focusing on irrelevant things and not driving the thread direction in ways which I feel are the best, but that doesn't make him scum.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 21:12 GMT
#532
On April 23 2015 06:05 rsoultin wrote:
talk to me about artie and damdy -flops on- or about part of my list you disagree with

artie just seems...i dunnae, like people keep saying he's doing stuff but off the top of my head i can't really recall what aside from being charitable about my negative toneread on his entrance vote xP
Yeah, in retrospect, Artanis hasn't been doing as much as I thought. What he has been doing, though, has been in the right direction. I'm not sure how much of this is due to his post count restriction, and how much of it is due to my annoying him yesterday.

Damdred's tone looks really good for him here. And while some of the things he is doing seem strange, I don't see the mafia motivation, and he has seemingly tried to get more information into the thread. I don't think that he is scum.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 21:13 GMT
#533
On April 23 2015 06:10 WaveofShadow wrote:
He scum read Trfel.
And actually as I recall that read is mostly based on meta and contrary to your read soniv kind of interested to see how that plays out.

Also don't quite get that yamato read Trfel.
Right now I'm not really sure about his alignment, so he's null. I'm not going to meta read him unless I have to, and even then I'm really bad at meta reads.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 21:24 GMT
#538
On April 23 2015 06:15 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2015 06:10 WaveofShadow wrote:
He scum read Trfel.
And actually as I recall that read is mostly based on meta and contrary to your read soniv kind of interested to see how that plays out.

Also don't quite get that yamato read Trfel.


well, that's easy, wave lol >< i'm right

the really question is whether or not it's reasonable for artie to be wrong about truffle and still town

(truffle is a super easy read imo)

meh guess i should actually read artanis' filter :/
I think that Artanis's scumread of me actually looks good for him. He makes a good point, and that's the sort of read that I expect from him. Would he do that as mafia? Not sure, but I think that he knows that he won't mislynch me this game (or at least, he will need much more evidence first).

I'm still leaning town on Artanis, though is absence is concerning me. Does he agree with the Blazinghand wagon? If not, he should be here and trying to stop it. At the time of his last post, there were four votes on Blazinghand.

If anything looks suspicious, that is it. He doesn't care if Blazinghand is lynched or not.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 21:30 GMT
#541
I take it back, I just have terrible reading comprehension.

Artanis did comment on Blazinghand, first not convinced that he was scum due to his case, and then felt that it was an okay lynch due to the followup. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked.

It isn't a very large or amazing amount of information on Blazinghand, but I suppose I can see it from the perspective who sees an okay lynch, but also sees everyone ignoring what is (in his opinion) a better lynch.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 21:40 GMT
#548
On April 23 2015 06:34 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2015 00:26 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On April 22 2015 21:12 WaveofShadow wrote:
That's your ironclad reasoning palmar? Calling me scum for shit I've already explained in thread and saying 'I don't know what yamato is doing?'

Gj

Artanis any thoughts on BH at all? Did you read what I wrote?

I don't like his unwillingness to comment on other things. I don't like his case on Damdred particularly either. As has been said, it's a narrative. Seems like a good chance to flip scum.

I need to do some more work on Trfel and flesh my read on him out but I have to leave for theater in a sec. Will get something done later tonight. Kinda annoyed no one's commented on him since I called him scummy but you though.


mmm or maybe just benching the read for later?

okay i guess i can give artie some space to see what comes of this
It seemed to me that Artanis would be back later to finish his read on me.

Artanis is sort of null, I suppose, given both his semi-weak stance on Blazinghand and not having the thread leadership that I thought he did at a glance.

I expect scum to be among Artanis, yamato77, and maybe Breshke, even though I can't demonstrate that any of them are clear scum yet.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 21:46 GMT
#552
On April 23 2015 06:45 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2015 06:40 Trfel wrote:
On April 23 2015 06:34 rsoultin wrote:
On April 23 2015 00:26 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On April 22 2015 21:12 WaveofShadow wrote:
That's your ironclad reasoning palmar? Calling me scum for shit I've already explained in thread and saying 'I don't know what yamato is doing?'

Gj

Artanis any thoughts on BH at all? Did you read what I wrote?

I don't like his unwillingness to comment on other things. I don't like his case on Damdred particularly either. As has been said, it's a narrative. Seems like a good chance to flip scum.

I need to do some more work on Trfel and flesh my read on him out but I have to leave for theater in a sec. Will get something done later tonight. Kinda annoyed no one's commented on him since I called him scummy but you though.


mmm or maybe just benching the read for later?

okay i guess i can give artie some space to see what comes of this
It seemed to me that Artanis would be back later to finish his read on me.

Artanis is sort of null, I suppose, given both his semi-weak stance on Blazinghand and not having the thread leadership that I thought he did at a glance.

I expect scum to be among Artanis, yamato77, and maybe Breshke, even though I can't demonstrate that any of them are clear scum yet.


what has you uncertain about breshke?
Mostly because I'm too lazy to read his filter and see if he's scummy or not at this time. If I did that, I would probably be fairly certain one way or another.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 21:48 GMT
#553
I don't think there is any question that Blazinghand isn't playing to find scum here. He's obviously playing to survive, and not to find scum.

But from what I've heard of Blazinghand, I'm not sure that this actually makes him mafia? Would he play to live, at all costs, as town?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 22 2015 23:54 GMT
#626
Hello.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EnDerr 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2783
Rain 1799
FanTaSy 503
GuemChi 304
sSak 86
Mong 75
Bale 38
Hm[arnc] 35
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
Noble 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
League of Legends
JimRising 563
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King214
Other Games
summit1g7852
olofmeister320
Happy157
KnowMe133
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick727
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2218
League of Legends
• Rush1216
• Lourlo1145
• Stunt415
Other Games
• Shiphtur926
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 41m
INu's Battles
3h 41m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
5h 41m
OSC
14h 56m
Replay Cast
15h 41m
OSC
1d 15h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.