• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:12
CEST 21:12
KST 04:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9072 users

Aperture Mafia 4: This Time it's Personal - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 14 Next All
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 30 2015 15:38 GMT
#2592
On March 30 2015 23:49 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 07:40 Blazinghand wrote:
OK WAIT I'M DETECTIVE LESTRAD

the way my role works is that I have to submit a night actione very night and I get a generalized rolecheck like "kill power" or "healing" or "roleblocking"

there are 2 other players, sherlock and moriorarirty. we all recieve each other's results but not who each other targeted. Also, nto sure if the others have this power, but I can follow one of them to see who they targeted since I can assign the cops under me to do it

seems fairly clear to me. Slam is probably sherlock "sure looks" remember and realized what I was


Are you not concerned in the slightest that one of these players is mafia, especially in a PM game?

One option is that we have is that Sherlock, moriorarirty, and lestrad all role claim to whoever they have as their strongest town read at the final seconds of the night cycle where mafia is unable to react to the PM if they choose wrong. The recipients then posts the targets of the check in the thread, revealing the information to the three roles without identifying the players themselves. Some players may die due to night hits here, but it's less likely all three are hit. Obviously BH and slam can simply claim in the thread if they live. When selecting the targets, keep in mind that a mafia player may be receiving results for a role cop etc.

Furthermore, if there is a a player that will receive an investigative night action tonight and does not want to reveal their identity you can PM me tonight with your target and a code trigger word. The following day if you want me to day mason you to reveal your check, post your trigger word and I'll set up the mason link. Obviously this relies on me living the night and you trusting me with your role.


Btw kita, wasn't BH concerned about one of his three being mafia earlier?
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 30 2015 16:05 GMT
#2611
On March 31 2015 00:57 LightningStrike wrote:
VA shoot BH if he flips a town investigative role we lynch Slam.


This doesn't make sense.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 30 2015 16:29 GMT
#2643
On March 31 2015 01:13 Chezitwo wrote:
Could Moriarty please claim to me in PMs? Or if you do not think I am town, claim to jat.

And if you think neither of us are town, then I can't help you.

And if you're mafia you're probably not going to claim but that will make BH look better by extension.

The reason I choose Moriarty is because *usually* baddies are baddies in Greymist games, even though mafia will be given fakeclaims.


I thought we already discussed the fact that flavor isn't indicative in any way.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 30 2015 16:38 GMT
#2649
On March 31 2015 01:32 Chezitwo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2015 01:29 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On March 31 2015 01:13 Chezitwo wrote:
Could Moriarty please claim to me in PMs? Or if you do not think I am town, claim to jat.

And if you think neither of us are town, then I can't help you.

And if you're mafia you're probably not going to claim but that will make BH look better by extension.

The reason I choose Moriarty is because *usually* baddies are baddies in Greymist games, even though mafia will be given fakeclaims.


I thought we already discussed the fact that flavor isn't indicative in any way.

A kind soul pointed out to me that, by and large, in Greymist games baddies are usually baddies.

So (and I am happy for someone to prove me wrong with some examples) it would indeed be at least somewhat indicative.


I guess?

There's no reason to not have Sherlock claim as well aside from flavor issues. If we really decide to run with the "scum in this group of players" idea then there's no reason to arbitrarily cross one of them off the list when we don't even know who the second and third players are.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 30 2015 17:33 GMT
#2689
On March 31 2015 02:29 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2015 02:29 Holyflare wrote:
the only other ones i told were my actual town reads

And I never got that claim! FANCY THAT!!!


ahahaha
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 30 2015 17:37 GMT
#2696
On March 31 2015 02:33 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2015 02:33 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On March 31 2015 02:29 VisceraEyes wrote:
On March 31 2015 02:29 Holyflare wrote:
the only other ones i told were my actual town reads

And I never got that claim! FANCY THAT!!!


ahahaha



I don't come and laugh at your misfortunes.


You know I love you VE.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 30 2015 17:43 GMT
#2702
On March 31 2015 02:41 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2015 02:37 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On March 31 2015 02:33 VisceraEyes wrote:
On March 31 2015 02:33 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On March 31 2015 02:29 VisceraEyes wrote:
On March 31 2015 02:29 Holyflare wrote:
the only other ones i told were my actual town reads

And I never got that claim! FANCY THAT!!!


ahahaha



I don't come and laugh at your misfortunes.


You know I love you VE.

Don't lie to him you cruel bastard. This isn't the first time in this game you laugher about him.


:>
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 30 2015 17:49 GMT
#2708
On March 31 2015 02:46 VisceraEyes wrote:
I'm not sad anymore I'm salty. And the only thing that cures salt is time.


What about some private time with me in PM land?

c:
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 30 2015 17:56 GMT
#2723
VE ignoring me breaks my heart.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 30 2015 17:59 GMT
#2728
I'm not going to be around for deadline, so if anyone has anything to say to me here or in PM land for realsies, now is the time to do it.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 30 2015 19:29 GMT
#2875
On March 31 2015 04:22 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2015 04:22 yamato77 wrote:
On March 31 2015 04:16 Holyflare wrote:
like i was saying, there's a shit tonne of null ppl

anyone been pm'ing keirathi?

I'm working on people I think aren't being talked about much, keirathi up next

On that note, HTS seems townish. Nothing glaring in that filter.

Also, I know I'm on some people's shit lists but my role really only works well if I know other people's roles, so if I could be somehow given some information about important actions taking place and the results of those actions tomorrow, that would be cool.

Yes Keirathi isn't being talked about at all.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm done with this game.


Dude I made a case on him during day 1.

Don't say nobody is talking about him when I'm talking about him. >:|
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 30 2015 19:29 GMT
#2877
Btw:

On March 31 2015 04:05 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2015 04:03 Koshi wrote:
He calls me shit and wants to lynch me when I don't play.
when hapa doesn't want to play he is pming me to spare hapa.

FUCKING QDFQSFQSDFQSDFQSDFQSDF SHIT MAYOR IS MAFIA.

I FUCKING BLAME ALL OF YOU.

Koshibot has reached maximum sensory overload. Koshibot needs immediate maintenance.


lol
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 30 2015 19:35 GMT
#2890
On March 31 2015 04:20 WaveofShadow wrote:
Snarfs may not be scum either. He has a very self centric view of his reads and how they interact with him specifically which reads towny to me.


Why can't mafia do this?
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 30 2015 19:41 GMT
#2899
I've been talking to people about crossfire in pm land.

It's plausible.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 30 2015 19:42 GMT
#2901
I also asked hf, and him and his lazy 3pness cba to read him.

HINTWINK.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 30 2015 19:46 GMT
#2910
On March 31 2015 04:43 Holyflare wrote:
+ we were busy cybering


It was supposed to be a secret.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 30 2015 19:53 GMT
#2916
On March 31 2015 04:48 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2015 04:46 VisceraEyes wrote:
HtS SEEMS townie but I get a REAAALLY cautious feel in general from filter.

Discuss. Language like "Shout if I'm wrong" and "I could be off" etc etc


I can think of a scenario where she is, but she's talking about some of the stuff I was talking about in pms so I'm not sure if it's worth exploring.

So town lean.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 30 2015 21:10 GMT
#2991
On March 31 2015 06:07 Koshi wrote:
There really is no reason to look further than WoS, BH, kita, hapa and yamato. All cases on other people that aren't genius on first look should be instantly forgotten.


Crossfire.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 31 2015 00:21 GMT
#3132
On March 31 2015 08:46 kitaman27 wrote:
So who wants to be my day mason today? -_-


Me!
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 31 2015 00:21 GMT
#3133
I'll make posts of substance when I get home.
Retired.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1673
RotterdaM908
TaKeTV 279
IndyStarCraft 191
SteadfastSC124
ZombieGrub85
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1673
RotterdaM 908
IndyStarCraft 191
MaxPax 177
RuFF_SC2 152
SteadfastSC 124
ZombieGrub85
UpATreeSC 72
MindelVK 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2914
Shuttle 551
Dewaltoss 104
910 75
Mind 69
Zeus 63
Bale 15
Dota 2
qojqva3586
Counter-Strike
fl0m6205
pashabiceps1261
Fnx 667
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4281
Liquid`Hasu481
Other Games
Beastyqt792
ceh9450
mouzStarbuck382
C9.Mang0152
ToD102
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 140
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 15
• Eskiya23 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie781
• Shiphtur312
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 48m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 48m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 48m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.