• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:54
CEST 17:54
KST 00:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9554 users

Aperture Mafia 4: This Time it's Personal - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 335 Next
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
March 25 2015 18:55 GMT
#141
I'm not sure I want to play yet. I have a lot of dnd sessions coming up. /out
/replace
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 26 2015 00:00 GMT
#142
Can you clarify this: "You may NOT quote directly any PM you receive from a host or another player."

I just don't know exactly what "directly" means. Obviously I can't screenshot a PM, that seems pretty direct. But where's the line?

Can I say: "VE said ______"?
Can I say "VE said _____ at 10:58 yesterday"? What if 10:58 is a lie?
Can I say "VE told me yesterday ______"?

I'm getting bad memories of English class you must put it in your own words directions.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-26 00:37:08
March 26 2015 00:34 GMT
#143
On March 26 2015 09:00 Snarfs wrote:
Can you clarify this: "You may NOT quote directly any PM you receive from a host or another player."

I just don't know exactly what "directly" means. Obviously I can't screenshot a PM, that seems pretty direct. But where's the line?

Can I say: "VE said ______"?
Can I say "VE said _____ at 10:58 yesterday"? What if 10:58 is a lie?
Can I say "VE told me yesterday ______"?

I'm getting bad memories of English class you must put it in your own words directions.


Almost anything less than a screenshot/direct copy pasting is fine.

I would say a good rule is you may neither post or represent that you are posting a direct copy of another player's role PM. This is to prevent scenarios in which players prove something by matching up time stamps/reading the way in which someone wrote something.

This rule mainly applies to a host regarding certain PMs you recieve in game. In the case of those I would say the best course of action is to simply paraphrase the information.

To be more specific to your questions I am ok with all of them (depends on what fills in the blank, but they look ok) except for the second one. I would err away from that.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-26 00:54:03
March 26 2015 00:51 GMT
#144
fristed

In regards to trying to reference a pm another player sent, try to err on the side of "putting it in your own words."
Ace1312
Profile Joined March 2015
United States10 Posts
March 26 2015 02:35 GMT
#145
I've played a lot of WW, just never at TL. Due to this I signed up for the Newbie game thats about to start. But this one seems REALLY interesting. Is it ok if I sign up for this one as well? I've played a few games with Damdred and Rsoultin at another site, but most of my playing was with friends in real life.

In case I am allowed to play this was as well.

/in
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
March 26 2015 02:41 GMT
#146
On March 26 2015 09:51 geript wrote:
fristed

In regards to trying to reference a pm another player sent, try to err on the side of "putting it in your own words."


Is this necessary? Not sure why quoting a player PM would be a problem.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 26 2015 02:58 GMT
#147
On March 26 2015 11:35 Ace1312 wrote:
I've played a lot of WW, just never at TL. Due to this I signed up for the Newbie game thats about to start. But this one seems REALLY interesting. Is it ok if I sign up for this one as well? I've played a few games with Damdred and Rsoultin at another site, but most of my playing was with friends in real life.

In case I am allowed to play this was as well.

/in

We can add you to the replacement list. Unfortunately, the game is full and we aren't expanding it anymore.
On March 26 2015 11:41 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 09:51 geript wrote:
fristed

In regards to trying to reference a pm another player sent, try to err on the side of "putting it in your own words."


Is this necessary? Not sure why quoting a player PM would be a problem.

It's preferable. Mainly because it makes it a bit easier for mafia to fake conversations whereas creating fake pms is relatively difficult/time consuming; especially when demanded to do so on the spot.
Ace1312
Profile Joined March 2015
United States10 Posts
March 26 2015 02:59 GMT
#148
Sounds good. Thank you.

/replacement
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
March 26 2015 03:04 GMT
#149
we have this conversation every PM game but nothing ever actually comes of it because faking anything or posting any incriminating PMs leads you to a 50/50 scenario 1v1 so it is basically never done.
I come in for the scraps
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
March 26 2015 03:17 GMT
#150
It will most likely not be a problem without that rule, I just like to have bases covered.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
March 26 2015 03:18 GMT
#151
/obs
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
March 26 2015 03:24 GMT
#152
On March 26 2015 12:04 VayneAuthority wrote:
we have this conversation every PM game but nothing ever actually comes of it because faking anything or posting any incriminating PMs leads you to a 50/50 scenario 1v1 so it is basically never done.


Fake PM logs with flipped players are fun though!

+ Show Spoiler +
On September 28 2011 07:36 kitaman27 wrote:
Ok so here is the deal.

EVERYONE READ THIS POST

Radfield masoned me on night one. Nobody can counter claim this. I didn't claim it earlier because I wanted to trap mafia. Obviously, they would have known that I was in contact with him so they would be weary of going after me knowing that I had the claim in my back pocket. Tonight, we lynch the serial killer choaser. Tomorrow, we clean up based on today's mess.

Here are my logs. Radfied played it very carefully. He gave me hardly any reads and mainly bussed his own teammates. Its possible I may have missed something however. Everyone should be switching over to chaoser now.

Kurumi
Hey there, what are your thoughts on the game so far?


Sauron
lol hai, who is this?


Kurumi
I think its best if we remained anonymous for now.


Sauron
Err, but you just targetted me as a mason didn't you? So don't you know who I am?


Kurumi
No, my role is different from the one Wiggles flipped as having. My targets are chosen at random.
I think its best if our identites remain hidden. I don't know if I can trust you yet.


Sauron
Heh ok, I'll play along, yet the only person I can imagine would ever mason me is jcarl <3

So are masoned for the rest of the game or do you pick a new target each cycle?


Kurumi
Only for today. What do you think about last night's hits?


Sauron
Wait, so you can pick a target each cycle?

Kurumi
No, like I said, it is randomly chosen for me.


Sauron
Well there seems to be 4kp, which seems like a lot for mafia to have in a 3 player game. There might be a vig or a SK who shot last night.

Sauron
lol nevermind, I'm dumb. The lynch from yesterday was included in the day post -_-

Is there anyone that stands out to you so far?


Kurumi
Radfield and DoctorHelvetica should have been shot last night. They are the far more experienced players compared to the group of players that mafia went after. That alone makes me think we should keep on eye on them.

JeeJee, jackal, kitaman27, and Palmar all should be contributing more at this point.


Sauron
chaoser claimed to have been shot. Do you buy it? I don't see why mafia would risk a role claim as vet after night one, but he has been known to make fake claims in the past.
Also, what do you make of this:

A message has been delivered to all within the realm!

The message reads:

Fdehfq ht Ytxm


Kurumi
chaoser hasn't claimed vet. At this point, I think it's a null tell.

The message is a distraction to town. It should be ignored for now.


Sauron
Does that mean you think it comes from scum?


Kurumi
I don't know, but its pointless to speculate. Who do you plan to push today for the lynch?


Sauron
I might have a couple people in mind, but I'm going to hold off for now. How about you?


Kurumi

DoctorHelvetica's play so far has been extremely inconsistant. I'm really not liking how he has played so far. What do you think?


Sauron
What in particular do you not like from DrH? I agree he probably would be a likely day one night shot if he were town. The way he was responding to people on day one makes me think he might have something to hide.

sadroba as scum can be really tricky. After missing day 1, I'm worried he might continue making minimal contributions. There are also a bunch of lurkers that really need to start posting more. Its hard to get a read on them, when they only have a bunch of one liners. chaos has also been pretty useless thus far. What do you think about kita's analysis?

Sauron
hmm apparently it seems like chaos is quitting. Do you think he is serious or is that just an act to gain town cred?

Sauron
lol guess that answers that -_-

Hopefully DrH flipping will give us something for day two.


Kurumi

Yes, filtering through his posts is a good idea. This post in particular I find strange:

"Greymist straight up asking for the ring day 1 doesn't bode well for him.

##Vote Greymist"

As scum, why is he placing his vote on Greymist for such weak reasons? I'm thinking his goal on day one might have been to distance himself from his scumbuddies.

I might not be around a computer for a while, but I'll try to come up with a few suspects when I'm back. Town really needs to start narrowing down the suspect list.



Sauron
Maybe, DrH is a good enough player to plan something like that ahead of time, but I'm not really sure about that post in particular.

Sauron

Heh iGrok's claim sure did come out of nowhere. What do you think?

The timing of his claim is rather weird, since he wasn't really under much pressure. Even if he is telling the truth, he needs to shoot tonight, or else he can use the kp against town later on.

Sauron

lol a day vig? It looks like he survived, so either syllo is lying about his claim or iGrok was fake claiming.


Sauron

Now I'm completely lost. Why on earth would draz protect iGrok on night one? All he had was a handfull of one liners and basically had no chance of getting hit. What do you think?

Sauron

You're not JeeJee are you? Don't get modkilled on me -_-

Sauron

lol nevermind, he would have flipped blue. >.<


Kurumi

Sorry, I am back.

iGrok's claim makes absoultely no sense as scum. There is no way a mafia would make a claim like that on day two with only three votes on himself. Mafia all have safe claims. No sane scum would claim Barlog, which is clearly not town aligned. I'm thinking we should make him use his shot tonight and use it against the scumteam.

Jackal or maybe supersoft would be much better lynches today. Radfield's analysis on Jackal seems pretty convincing, although I'm not sure how much he can be trusted.

Sauron

Jackal is someone I've also been pretty suspicious of. He is usually the most aggressive player in the game, yet he hasn't really showed that yet. When JeeJee posted a case against him, he completely ignored it, rather than responding or calling it out as a bad argument.

lol I can probably narrow down your identity based on the people who haven't voted iGrok :p


Kurumi

Good luck with that.

I'm out for a while, hopefully I come back to a scum lynch.

Sauron

Oh, are we allowed to still talk after the day ends? As in can we talk during the night before you get a new target?


Kurumi

Yep.

Sauron

err doh.

At least he was a miller, rather than vanilla or blue.

Sauron

Any thoughts on who we should be having iGrok shoot tonight? I wonder if he will agree to shoot himself -_-


Kurumi

He needs to decide who he thinks is most likely scum. We can't claim in the thread because if we tell him to shoot a scum, then the mafia could roleblock him.

Sauron

I suppose, but at least that would mean mafia wouldn't have a role block to use on anybody else.


Kurumi

It's fine if you don't want to, but do you want to role claim to me? You don't have to tell me who you are. I won't share it with anybody else, but it might be useful to be able to form a town circle later on where we can coodinate everyones actions.


Sauron

there aren't pms in the game, besides your random mason. I don't really see how a town circle could be formed at this point.

For now, I think I'll hold off on claiming.


[b]Kurumi

OK that's fine. I won't be back until the day post. Nice chatting with you

Anything else to add?

[b]Sauron

lol, cya.

Maybe you'll get unlucky and get stuck with me again for another cycle ^_^
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
March 26 2015 04:15 GMT
#153
On March 26 2015 12:24 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 12:04 VayneAuthority wrote:
we have this conversation every PM game but nothing ever actually comes of it because faking anything or posting any incriminating PMs leads you to a 50/50 scenario 1v1 so it is basically never done.


Fake PM logs with flipped players are fun though!

+ Show Spoiler +
On September 28 2011 07:36 kitaman27 wrote:
Ok so here is the deal.

EVERYONE READ THIS POST

Radfield masoned me on night one. Nobody can counter claim this. I didn't claim it earlier because I wanted to trap mafia. Obviously, they would have known that I was in contact with him so they would be weary of going after me knowing that I had the claim in my back pocket. Tonight, we lynch the serial killer choaser. Tomorrow, we clean up based on today's mess.

Here are my logs. Radfied played it very carefully. He gave me hardly any reads and mainly bussed his own teammates. Its possible I may have missed something however. Everyone should be switching over to chaoser now.

Kurumi
Hey there, what are your thoughts on the game so far?


Sauron
lol hai, who is this?


Kurumi
I think its best if we remained anonymous for now.


Sauron
Err, but you just targetted me as a mason didn't you? So don't you know who I am?


Kurumi
No, my role is different from the one Wiggles flipped as having. My targets are chosen at random.
I think its best if our identites remain hidden. I don't know if I can trust you yet.


Sauron
Heh ok, I'll play along, yet the only person I can imagine would ever mason me is jcarl <3

So are masoned for the rest of the game or do you pick a new target each cycle?


Kurumi
Only for today. What do you think about last night's hits?


Sauron
Wait, so you can pick a target each cycle?

Kurumi
No, like I said, it is randomly chosen for me.


Sauron
Well there seems to be 4kp, which seems like a lot for mafia to have in a 3 player game. There might be a vig or a SK who shot last night.

Sauron
lol nevermind, I'm dumb. The lynch from yesterday was included in the day post -_-

Is there anyone that stands out to you so far?


Kurumi
Radfield and DoctorHelvetica should have been shot last night. They are the far more experienced players compared to the group of players that mafia went after. That alone makes me think we should keep on eye on them.

JeeJee, jackal, kitaman27, and Palmar all should be contributing more at this point.


Sauron
chaoser claimed to have been shot. Do you buy it? I don't see why mafia would risk a role claim as vet after night one, but he has been known to make fake claims in the past.
Also, what do you make of this:

A message has been delivered to all within the realm!

The message reads:

Fdehfq ht Ytxm


Kurumi
chaoser hasn't claimed vet. At this point, I think it's a null tell.

The message is a distraction to town. It should be ignored for now.


Sauron
Does that mean you think it comes from scum?


Kurumi
I don't know, but its pointless to speculate. Who do you plan to push today for the lynch?


Sauron
I might have a couple people in mind, but I'm going to hold off for now. How about you?


Kurumi

DoctorHelvetica's play so far has been extremely inconsistant. I'm really not liking how he has played so far. What do you think?


Sauron
What in particular do you not like from DrH? I agree he probably would be a likely day one night shot if he were town. The way he was responding to people on day one makes me think he might have something to hide.

sadroba as scum can be really tricky. After missing day 1, I'm worried he might continue making minimal contributions. There are also a bunch of lurkers that really need to start posting more. Its hard to get a read on them, when they only have a bunch of one liners. chaos has also been pretty useless thus far. What do you think about kita's analysis?

Sauron
hmm apparently it seems like chaos is quitting. Do you think he is serious or is that just an act to gain town cred?

Sauron
lol guess that answers that -_-

Hopefully DrH flipping will give us something for day two.


Kurumi

Yes, filtering through his posts is a good idea. This post in particular I find strange:

"Greymist straight up asking for the ring day 1 doesn't bode well for him.

##Vote Greymist"

As scum, why is he placing his vote on Greymist for such weak reasons? I'm thinking his goal on day one might have been to distance himself from his scumbuddies.

I might not be around a computer for a while, but I'll try to come up with a few suspects when I'm back. Town really needs to start narrowing down the suspect list.



Sauron
Maybe, DrH is a good enough player to plan something like that ahead of time, but I'm not really sure about that post in particular.

Sauron

Heh iGrok's claim sure did come out of nowhere. What do you think?

The timing of his claim is rather weird, since he wasn't really under much pressure. Even if he is telling the truth, he needs to shoot tonight, or else he can use the kp against town later on.

Sauron

lol a day vig? It looks like he survived, so either syllo is lying about his claim or iGrok was fake claiming.


Sauron

Now I'm completely lost. Why on earth would draz protect iGrok on night one? All he had was a handfull of one liners and basically had no chance of getting hit. What do you think?

Sauron

You're not JeeJee are you? Don't get modkilled on me -_-

Sauron

lol nevermind, he would have flipped blue. >.<


Kurumi

Sorry, I am back.

iGrok's claim makes absoultely no sense as scum. There is no way a mafia would make a claim like that on day two with only three votes on himself. Mafia all have safe claims. No sane scum would claim Barlog, which is clearly not town aligned. I'm thinking we should make him use his shot tonight and use it against the scumteam.

Jackal or maybe supersoft would be much better lynches today. Radfield's analysis on Jackal seems pretty convincing, although I'm not sure how much he can be trusted.

Sauron

Jackal is someone I've also been pretty suspicious of. He is usually the most aggressive player in the game, yet he hasn't really showed that yet. When JeeJee posted a case against him, he completely ignored it, rather than responding or calling it out as a bad argument.

lol I can probably narrow down your identity based on the people who haven't voted iGrok :p


Kurumi

Good luck with that.

I'm out for a while, hopefully I come back to a scum lynch.

Sauron

Oh, are we allowed to still talk after the day ends? As in can we talk during the night before you get a new target?


Kurumi

Yep.

Sauron

err doh.

At least he was a miller, rather than vanilla or blue.

Sauron

Any thoughts on who we should be having iGrok shoot tonight? I wonder if he will agree to shoot himself -_-


Kurumi

He needs to decide who he thinks is most likely scum. We can't claim in the thread because if we tell him to shoot a scum, then the mafia could roleblock him.

Sauron

I suppose, but at least that would mean mafia wouldn't have a role block to use on anybody else.


Kurumi

It's fine if you don't want to, but do you want to role claim to me? You don't have to tell me who you are. I won't share it with anybody else, but it might be useful to be able to form a town circle later on where we can coodinate everyones actions.


Sauron

there aren't pms in the game, besides your random mason. I don't really see how a town circle could be formed at this point.

For now, I think I'll hold off on claiming.


[b]Kurumi

OK that's fine. I won't be back until the day post. Nice chatting with you

Anything else to add?

[b]Sauron

lol, cya.

Maybe you'll get unlucky and get stuck with me again for another cycle ^_^


Didn't you also do fake pms in PTP IV? To which austinmcc then countered with real quotes from the scum qt?

fun times lol
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-26 04:25:08
March 26 2015 04:21 GMT
#154
HOLY SHIT.

Kita I literally just finished re-reading that game. One of the most enjoyable and hilarious games ever. I mean, jeez, I claimed BENIGN NEUTRAL SURVIVOR BALROG!

And I got medic-saved!

Why? All becouse!
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 26 2015 04:44 GMT
#155
On March 26 2015 12:24 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 12:04 VayneAuthority wrote:
we have this conversation every PM game but nothing ever actually comes of it because faking anything or posting any incriminating PMs leads you to a 50/50 scenario 1v1 so it is basically never done.


Fake PM logs with flipped players are fun though!

+ Show Spoiler +
On September 28 2011 07:36 kitaman27 wrote:
Ok so here is the deal.

EVERYONE READ THIS POST

Radfield masoned me on night one. Nobody can counter claim this. I didn't claim it earlier because I wanted to trap mafia. Obviously, they would have known that I was in contact with him so they would be weary of going after me knowing that I had the claim in my back pocket. Tonight, we lynch the serial killer choaser. Tomorrow, we clean up based on today's mess.

Here are my logs. Radfied played it very carefully. He gave me hardly any reads and mainly bussed his own teammates. Its possible I may have missed something however. Everyone should be switching over to chaoser now.

Kurumi
Hey there, what are your thoughts on the game so far?


Sauron
lol hai, who is this?


Kurumi
I think its best if we remained anonymous for now.


Sauron
Err, but you just targetted me as a mason didn't you? So don't you know who I am?


Kurumi
No, my role is different from the one Wiggles flipped as having. My targets are chosen at random.
I think its best if our identites remain hidden. I don't know if I can trust you yet.


Sauron
Heh ok, I'll play along, yet the only person I can imagine would ever mason me is jcarl <3

So are masoned for the rest of the game or do you pick a new target each cycle?


Kurumi
Only for today. What do you think about last night's hits?


Sauron
Wait, so you can pick a target each cycle?

Kurumi
No, like I said, it is randomly chosen for me.


Sauron
Well there seems to be 4kp, which seems like a lot for mafia to have in a 3 player game. There might be a vig or a SK who shot last night.

Sauron
lol nevermind, I'm dumb. The lynch from yesterday was included in the day post -_-

Is there anyone that stands out to you so far?


Kurumi
Radfield and DoctorHelvetica should have been shot last night. They are the far more experienced players compared to the group of players that mafia went after. That alone makes me think we should keep on eye on them.

JeeJee, jackal, kitaman27, and Palmar all should be contributing more at this point.


Sauron
chaoser claimed to have been shot. Do you buy it? I don't see why mafia would risk a role claim as vet after night one, but he has been known to make fake claims in the past.
Also, what do you make of this:

A message has been delivered to all within the realm!

The message reads:

Fdehfq ht Ytxm


Kurumi
chaoser hasn't claimed vet. At this point, I think it's a null tell.

The message is a distraction to town. It should be ignored for now.


Sauron
Does that mean you think it comes from scum?


Kurumi
I don't know, but its pointless to speculate. Who do you plan to push today for the lynch?


Sauron
I might have a couple people in mind, but I'm going to hold off for now. How about you?


Kurumi

DoctorHelvetica's play so far has been extremely inconsistant. I'm really not liking how he has played so far. What do you think?


Sauron
What in particular do you not like from DrH? I agree he probably would be a likely day one night shot if he were town. The way he was responding to people on day one makes me think he might have something to hide.

sadroba as scum can be really tricky. After missing day 1, I'm worried he might continue making minimal contributions. There are also a bunch of lurkers that really need to start posting more. Its hard to get a read on them, when they only have a bunch of one liners. chaos has also been pretty useless thus far. What do you think about kita's analysis?

Sauron
hmm apparently it seems like chaos is quitting. Do you think he is serious or is that just an act to gain town cred?

Sauron
lol guess that answers that -_-

Hopefully DrH flipping will give us something for day two.


Kurumi

Yes, filtering through his posts is a good idea. This post in particular I find strange:

"Greymist straight up asking for the ring day 1 doesn't bode well for him.

##Vote Greymist"

As scum, why is he placing his vote on Greymist for such weak reasons? I'm thinking his goal on day one might have been to distance himself from his scumbuddies.

I might not be around a computer for a while, but I'll try to come up with a few suspects when I'm back. Town really needs to start narrowing down the suspect list.



Sauron
Maybe, DrH is a good enough player to plan something like that ahead of time, but I'm not really sure about that post in particular.

Sauron

Heh iGrok's claim sure did come out of nowhere. What do you think?

The timing of his claim is rather weird, since he wasn't really under much pressure. Even if he is telling the truth, he needs to shoot tonight, or else he can use the kp against town later on.

Sauron

lol a day vig? It looks like he survived, so either syllo is lying about his claim or iGrok was fake claiming.


Sauron

Now I'm completely lost. Why on earth would draz protect iGrok on night one? All he had was a handfull of one liners and basically had no chance of getting hit. What do you think?

Sauron

You're not JeeJee are you? Don't get modkilled on me -_-

Sauron

lol nevermind, he would have flipped blue. >.<


Kurumi

Sorry, I am back.

iGrok's claim makes absoultely no sense as scum. There is no way a mafia would make a claim like that on day two with only three votes on himself. Mafia all have safe claims. No sane scum would claim Barlog, which is clearly not town aligned. I'm thinking we should make him use his shot tonight and use it against the scumteam.

Jackal or maybe supersoft would be much better lynches today. Radfield's analysis on Jackal seems pretty convincing, although I'm not sure how much he can be trusted.

Sauron

Jackal is someone I've also been pretty suspicious of. He is usually the most aggressive player in the game, yet he hasn't really showed that yet. When JeeJee posted a case against him, he completely ignored it, rather than responding or calling it out as a bad argument.

lol I can probably narrow down your identity based on the people who haven't voted iGrok :p


Kurumi

Good luck with that.

I'm out for a while, hopefully I come back to a scum lynch.

Sauron

Oh, are we allowed to still talk after the day ends? As in can we talk during the night before you get a new target?


Kurumi

Yep.

Sauron

err doh.

At least he was a miller, rather than vanilla or blue.

Sauron

Any thoughts on who we should be having iGrok shoot tonight? I wonder if he will agree to shoot himself -_-


Kurumi

He needs to decide who he thinks is most likely scum. We can't claim in the thread because if we tell him to shoot a scum, then the mafia could roleblock him.

Sauron

I suppose, but at least that would mean mafia wouldn't have a role block to use on anybody else.


Kurumi

It's fine if you don't want to, but do you want to role claim to me? You don't have to tell me who you are. I won't share it with anybody else, but it might be useful to be able to form a town circle later on where we can coodinate everyones actions.


Sauron

there aren't pms in the game, besides your random mason. I don't really see how a town circle could be formed at this point.

For now, I think I'll hold off on claiming.


[b]Kurumi

OK that's fine. I won't be back until the day post. Nice chatting with you

Anything else to add?

[b]Sauron

lol, cya.

Maybe you'll get unlucky and get stuck with me again for another cycle ^_^

what's even more hilarious everyone except the newbie and Palmar bought it....
table for two on a tv tray
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 26 2015 05:21 GMT
#156
On March 26 2015 09:34 GreYMisT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 09:00 Snarfs wrote:
Can you clarify this: "You may NOT quote directly any PM you receive from a host or another player."

I just don't know exactly what "directly" means. Obviously I can't screenshot a PM, that seems pretty direct. But where's the line?

Can I say: "VE said ______"?
Can I say "VE said _____ at 10:58 yesterday"? What if 10:58 is a lie?
Can I say "VE told me yesterday ______"?

I'm getting bad memories of English class you must put it in your own words directions.


Almost anything less than a screenshot/direct copy pasting is fine.

I would say a good rule is you may neither post or represent that you are posting a direct copy of another player's role PM. This is to prevent scenarios in which players prove something by matching up time stamps/reading the way in which someone wrote something.

This rule mainly applies to a host regarding certain PMs you recieve in game. In the case of those I would say the best course of action is to simply paraphrase the information.

To be more specific to your questions I am ok with all of them (depends on what fills in the blank, but they look ok) except for the second one. I would err away from that.


Great, thank you
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 26 2015 05:37 GMT
#157
On March 26 2015 13:15 Crossfire99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 12:24 kitaman27 wrote:
On March 26 2015 12:04 VayneAuthority wrote:
we have this conversation every PM game but nothing ever actually comes of it because faking anything or posting any incriminating PMs leads you to a 50/50 scenario 1v1 so it is basically never done.


Fake PM logs with flipped players are fun though!

+ Show Spoiler +
On September 28 2011 07:36 kitaman27 wrote:
Ok so here is the deal.

EVERYONE READ THIS POST

Radfield masoned me on night one. Nobody can counter claim this. I didn't claim it earlier because I wanted to trap mafia. Obviously, they would have known that I was in contact with him so they would be weary of going after me knowing that I had the claim in my back pocket. Tonight, we lynch the serial killer choaser. Tomorrow, we clean up based on today's mess.

Here are my logs. Radfied played it very carefully. He gave me hardly any reads and mainly bussed his own teammates. Its possible I may have missed something however. Everyone should be switching over to chaoser now.

Kurumi
Hey there, what are your thoughts on the game so far?


Sauron
lol hai, who is this?


Kurumi
I think its best if we remained anonymous for now.


Sauron
Err, but you just targetted me as a mason didn't you? So don't you know who I am?


Kurumi
No, my role is different from the one Wiggles flipped as having. My targets are chosen at random.
I think its best if our identites remain hidden. I don't know if I can trust you yet.


Sauron
Heh ok, I'll play along, yet the only person I can imagine would ever mason me is jcarl <3

So are masoned for the rest of the game or do you pick a new target each cycle?


Kurumi
Only for today. What do you think about last night's hits?


Sauron
Wait, so you can pick a target each cycle?

Kurumi
No, like I said, it is randomly chosen for me.


Sauron
Well there seems to be 4kp, which seems like a lot for mafia to have in a 3 player game. There might be a vig or a SK who shot last night.

Sauron
lol nevermind, I'm dumb. The lynch from yesterday was included in the day post -_-

Is there anyone that stands out to you so far?


Kurumi
Radfield and DoctorHelvetica should have been shot last night. They are the far more experienced players compared to the group of players that mafia went after. That alone makes me think we should keep on eye on them.

JeeJee, jackal, kitaman27, and Palmar all should be contributing more at this point.


Sauron
chaoser claimed to have been shot. Do you buy it? I don't see why mafia would risk a role claim as vet after night one, but he has been known to make fake claims in the past.
Also, what do you make of this:

A message has been delivered to all within the realm!

The message reads:

Fdehfq ht Ytxm


Kurumi
chaoser hasn't claimed vet. At this point, I think it's a null tell.

The message is a distraction to town. It should be ignored for now.


Sauron
Does that mean you think it comes from scum?


Kurumi
I don't know, but its pointless to speculate. Who do you plan to push today for the lynch?


Sauron
I might have a couple people in mind, but I'm going to hold off for now. How about you?


Kurumi

DoctorHelvetica's play so far has been extremely inconsistant. I'm really not liking how he has played so far. What do you think?


Sauron
What in particular do you not like from DrH? I agree he probably would be a likely day one night shot if he were town. The way he was responding to people on day one makes me think he might have something to hide.

sadroba as scum can be really tricky. After missing day 1, I'm worried he might continue making minimal contributions. There are also a bunch of lurkers that really need to start posting more. Its hard to get a read on them, when they only have a bunch of one liners. chaos has also been pretty useless thus far. What do you think about kita's analysis?

Sauron
hmm apparently it seems like chaos is quitting. Do you think he is serious or is that just an act to gain town cred?

Sauron
lol guess that answers that -_-

Hopefully DrH flipping will give us something for day two.


Kurumi

Yes, filtering through his posts is a good idea. This post in particular I find strange:

"Greymist straight up asking for the ring day 1 doesn't bode well for him.

##Vote Greymist"

As scum, why is he placing his vote on Greymist for such weak reasons? I'm thinking his goal on day one might have been to distance himself from his scumbuddies.

I might not be around a computer for a while, but I'll try to come up with a few suspects when I'm back. Town really needs to start narrowing down the suspect list.



Sauron
Maybe, DrH is a good enough player to plan something like that ahead of time, but I'm not really sure about that post in particular.

Sauron

Heh iGrok's claim sure did come out of nowhere. What do you think?

The timing of his claim is rather weird, since he wasn't really under much pressure. Even if he is telling the truth, he needs to shoot tonight, or else he can use the kp against town later on.

Sauron

lol a day vig? It looks like he survived, so either syllo is lying about his claim or iGrok was fake claiming.


Sauron

Now I'm completely lost. Why on earth would draz protect iGrok on night one? All he had was a handfull of one liners and basically had no chance of getting hit. What do you think?

Sauron

You're not JeeJee are you? Don't get modkilled on me -_-

Sauron

lol nevermind, he would have flipped blue. >.<


Kurumi

Sorry, I am back.

iGrok's claim makes absoultely no sense as scum. There is no way a mafia would make a claim like that on day two with only three votes on himself. Mafia all have safe claims. No sane scum would claim Barlog, which is clearly not town aligned. I'm thinking we should make him use his shot tonight and use it against the scumteam.

Jackal or maybe supersoft would be much better lynches today. Radfield's analysis on Jackal seems pretty convincing, although I'm not sure how much he can be trusted.

Sauron

Jackal is someone I've also been pretty suspicious of. He is usually the most aggressive player in the game, yet he hasn't really showed that yet. When JeeJee posted a case against him, he completely ignored it, rather than responding or calling it out as a bad argument.

lol I can probably narrow down your identity based on the people who haven't voted iGrok :p


Kurumi

Good luck with that.

I'm out for a while, hopefully I come back to a scum lynch.

Sauron

Oh, are we allowed to still talk after the day ends? As in can we talk during the night before you get a new target?


Kurumi

Yep.

Sauron

err doh.

At least he was a miller, rather than vanilla or blue.

Sauron

Any thoughts on who we should be having iGrok shoot tonight? I wonder if he will agree to shoot himself -_-


Kurumi

He needs to decide who he thinks is most likely scum. We can't claim in the thread because if we tell him to shoot a scum, then the mafia could roleblock him.

Sauron

I suppose, but at least that would mean mafia wouldn't have a role block to use on anybody else.


Kurumi

It's fine if you don't want to, but do you want to role claim to me? You don't have to tell me who you are. I won't share it with anybody else, but it might be useful to be able to form a town circle later on where we can coodinate everyones actions.


Sauron

there aren't pms in the game, besides your random mason. I don't really see how a town circle could be formed at this point.

For now, I think I'll hold off on claiming.


[b]Kurumi

OK that's fine. I won't be back until the day post. Nice chatting with you

Anything else to add?

[b]Sauron

lol, cya.

Maybe you'll get unlucky and get stuck with me again for another cycle ^_^


Didn't you also do fake pms in PTP IV? To which austinmcc then countered with real quotes from the scum qt?

fun times lol

Oh man that was great (austin quoting from scum QT in order to not get lynched) AND not backstabby at all.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 26 2015 05:45 GMT
#158
On March 26 2015 11:35 Ace1312 wrote:
I've played a lot of WW, just never at TL. Due to this I signed up for the Newbie game thats about to start. But this one seems REALLY interesting. Is it ok if I sign up for this one as well? I've played a few games with Damdred and Rsoultin at another site, but most of my playing was with friends in real life.

In case I am allowed to play this was as well.

/in


ace ace ace! hi! lolol
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 26 2015 14:25 GMT
#159
I want the real ace though
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Felkyr
Profile Joined August 2013
United States135 Posts
March 26 2015 15:02 GMT
#160
/obs
"… Every day, when I open the windows, my Koshi sings. It's marvelous."
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 335 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem299
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 299
IndyStarCraft 111
Railgan 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55147
Shuttle 4081
Horang2 562
BeSt 554
Larva 273
actioN 270
ggaemo 201
Soma 149
Sexy 138
Mind 131
[ Show more ]
Last 97
Zeus 74
Aegong 73
Dewaltoss 65
hero 59
Killer 50
Sea.KH 50
Hyun 47
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 25
PianO 19
NaDa 17
Rock 15
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5148
qojqva2724
Dendi1578
420jenkins484
Fuzer 150
Counter-Strike
fl0m4045
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1323
Liquid`Hasu1108
MindelVK21
Other Games
singsing1587
FrodaN1061
B2W.Neo950
Beastyqt792
byalli677
Mlord498
ArmadaUGS203
Hui .186
KnowMe142
QueenE82
Mew2King53
Chillindude28
CosmosSc2 27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick935
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 54
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4073
League of Legends
• Nemesis3288
Other Games
• WagamamaTV201
• Shiphtur106
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 6m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 6m
Replay Cast
7h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 6m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
19h 6m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.