• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:55
CEST 01:55
KST 08:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9042 users

Aperture Mafia 4: This Time it's Personal - Page 23

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 50 Next All
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 00:03 GMT
#3785
On April 01 2015 09:01 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2015 08:59 Crossfire99 wrote:
Also, how else am I suppose to use a role where I fake my own death? Like it is the most confusing role ever. It doesn't actually protect me from abilities since my someone got my role name last night. My whole role is confusing and makes no sense to me honestly. Why is it a town role? How is faking my death useful? That was the best I got. Confuse mafia and maybe get reactions to determine who they are. Problem is informing people about this action ruins the whole purpose, so I didn't tell anyone save one person, who I'm waiting to talk and see if that person learned anything in pms or something.


i think you used your power just fine tbh, it's just unfortunate that there were so many pm cycles

I think the idea is ok but the reality is that this wouldn't even helped if there was a normal cycle. Whatever...
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 00:04 GMT
#3787
Thus game is way less fun than I hoped :/
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 00:09 GMT
#3793
On April 01 2015 09:07 Crossfire99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2015 09:05 Keirathi wrote:
On April 01 2015 08:59 Crossfire99 wrote:
Also, how else am I suppose to use a role where I fake my own death? Like it is the most confusing role ever. It doesn't actually protect me from abilities since my someone got my role name last night. My whole role is confusing and makes no sense to me honestly. Why is it a town role? How is faking my death useful? That was the best I got. Confuse mafia and maybe get reactions to determine who they are. Problem is informing people about this action ruins the whole purpose, so I didn't tell anyone save one person, who I'm waiting to talk and see if that person learned anything in pms or something.

Why even use it at all?

My role is awful and I'll never use either of my abilities because it does nothing to push town closer to finding mafia. The fact is that yours actually pushes town BACKWARDS towards finding mafia.

Zzzzzz.

Well I was incentivized to use it because I was told I would gain new abilities upon returning. But I feel like it is all a troll because my new ability is literally a death framer. It frames someone as the opposite alignment upon death for 24 hours...

I think I don't need to tell you to never use it ever...
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 00:10 GMT
#3794
On April 01 2015 09:09 WaveofShadow wrote:
Oh sweet shitfucks
JAT I have about an hour before DND starts.
Are we talking?

I will be awake for a while if you want to.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 00:12 GMT
#3797
On April 01 2015 09:10 Snarfs wrote:
Well I think Crossfire confirmed town. Mafia would probably just fake die as town then claim to be revived.

Yeah, seems unlikely he is scum. But we will know soon I think.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 00:13 GMT
#3803
On April 01 2015 09:12 rsoultin wrote:
I got that impression while talking to him, yes. He was trying to figure out the best way to utilize his role and did say that he thought maybe he shouldn't when we were discussing it N1.

That would have been smarter.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 00:25 GMT
#3819
On April 01 2015 09:21 Crossfire99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2015 09:13 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 01 2015 09:12 rsoultin wrote:
I got that impression while talking to him, yes. He was trying to figure out the best way to utilize his role and did say that he thought maybe he shouldn't when we were discussing it N1.

That would have been smarter.

yeah well I thought my role was like wherebugsgo from personality 2

Show nested quote +
You are wherebugsgo, Jack of all mafia trades! Unfortunately for you, you seem to have rolled town. Once per cycle, you must submit one of the following actions. You cannot select the same action twice. The following cycle you will receive a reward for your scummy ways based on your selection. 1) Frame target player to return the role and alignment of your choice. 2) Silence target player from posting in the thread for the first 24 hours of the day cycle. 3) Cover target player's alignment from being revealed during an alignment check or death through night hit. 4) Roleblock target player. 5) Pardon target player during the day cycle. You win with town.


After using one of those abilities the player gained the opposite power.

1) Frame -> role cop
2) Silence -> Mason first 24 hours
3) Cover -> Godfather
4) Roleblock -> Jail
5) Pardon -> Unlynchable for 1 cycle

Yeah well I'm sorry if it turns out that I shouldn't have used it. I thought something good would have come of it...

It's ok. It is over anyways.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 00:51 GMT
#3839
.... I guess slam needs to die with fire then.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 00:56 GMT
#3844
On April 01 2015 09:55 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2015 09:54 ExO_ wrote:
Yeah I don't think it has anything to do with what he was talking about. But he called the daytime vote at 24 hours, which was the ability I gave him during night 1.

I did mess up a bit, though I'm not going to explain how just yet. But that was the ability that should've been passed out to slam. Barring somebody somehow rerouting my shit in some way I cannot fathom, he would've gotten it.


So slam told you he had your power?

A little bird told me slam said he had this power. It is really weird.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 01:09 GMT
#3849
On April 01 2015 10:07 Blazinghand wrote:
so, SLAM, what you're sayign is I fuckin' called it and you're a 3p victory con guy who wins if we lynch GLADOS, and to punish us for not lynching glados you're not letting us lynch scum?

I hope this is not true because it would be retarded. We could have made some kind of deal in that case.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 01:25 GMT
#3857
Giving someone this ability is so incredibly bad....
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 01:28 GMT
#3861
On April 01 2015 10:26 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2015 10:25 justanothertownie wrote:
Giving someone this ability is so incredibly bad....


meh, what's done is done...there are a lot of things all over the place now

I just reread someone calling this ability a townfavored one. smh
Why did I not think about this earlier...
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 01:28 GMT
#3863
On April 01 2015 10:27 Snarfs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2015 10:23 ExO_ wrote:
On April 01 2015 10:15 Snarfs wrote:
Exo why would you give anyone the ability to end the day after 24 hours then not tell the thread?


I wasn't sure I did hand it out. I made a mistake, and PMed I wanted to send it to a person who was ineligible. Slam was the person it had to go to if it was going out. So because I didn't specifically say give it to slam I wasn't sure if it went out, or nothing was sent because I didn't say slam.

But the ability I was trying to hand out was call the day vote in 24 hours instead of 48.

Blah. It sucks for town but you're probably town for claiming it.

Not 100 % but I guess likely.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 01:33 GMT
#3869
On April 01 2015 10:30 Snarfs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2015 09:56 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 01 2015 09:55 kitaman27 wrote:
On April 01 2015 09:54 ExO_ wrote:
Yeah I don't think it has anything to do with what he was talking about. But he called the daytime vote at 24 hours, which was the ability I gave him during night 1.

I did mess up a bit, though I'm not going to explain how just yet. But that was the ability that should've been passed out to slam. Barring somebody somehow rerouting my shit in some way I cannot fathom, he would've gotten it.


So slam told you he had your power?

A little bird told me slam said he had this power. It is really weird.

When did they tell you? Why didn't they claim it was out there?

At that point I wasn't actually thinking it would be used. Maybe I wasn't thinking in general I don't know.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 01:34 GMT
#3871
On April 01 2015 10:32 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2015 10:07 Blazinghand wrote:
so, SLAM, what you're sayign is I fuckin' called it and you're a 3p victory con guy who wins if we lynch GLADOS, and to punish us for not lynching glados you're not letting us lynch scum?

No lol, only half.

I actually did it by accident when the GLaDOS train was getting steam. I realized if we lynched glados, I would only get a nominal victory. I want to go for the bamcis mission accomplished ness

You are getting lynched if you are alive tomorrow. I hope you know that.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 01:34 GMT
#3873
On April 01 2015 10:33 Holyflare wrote:
i dont get it why was rsoul ineligible?

justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 01:35 GMT
#3877
On April 01 2015 10:34 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2015 10:33 Holyflare wrote:
i dont get it why was rsoul ineligible?


it's the role mechanic? i'll let ExO explain it but basically i wasn't in the right spot lol >< it's not that me as a player is ineligible

Ah, this shit. Ok.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 01:38 GMT
#3881
On April 01 2015 10:37 Holyflare wrote:
why can't people just be open and tell me what the fuck is going on -.-?????

What do you want to know? ...
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 01:39 GMT
#3886
Apparently either Exo and rsoultin fucked up big time as town. Like a game throwing level fuckup. Or some weird shit is going on.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 01 2015 01:40 GMT
#3887
On April 01 2015 10:39 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2015 10:34 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 01 2015 10:32 Alakaslam wrote:
On April 01 2015 10:07 Blazinghand wrote:
so, SLAM, what you're sayign is I fuckin' called it and you're a 3p victory con guy who wins if we lynch GLADOS, and to punish us for not lynching glados you're not letting us lynch scum?

No lol, only half.

I actually did it by accident when the GLaDOS train was getting steam. I realized if we lynched glados, I would only get a nominal victory. I want to go for the bamcis mission accomplished ness

You are getting lynched if you are alive tomorrow. I hope you know that.

I am totally aware. I will be winning too quickly.

In fact, I am trying to accomplish in a way that helps town rather than hurting it. I have given town enough shit.

Good luck when I'm gone, my role is perfect for me and if I goofed up I deserve to die.

You indeed have given town enough shit.
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 50 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 117
Nina 86
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 973
GuemChi 645
Artosis 614
910 37
MaD[AoV]25
Bale 15
League of Legends
JimRising 684
Counter-Strike
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox615
Other Games
summit1g8633
Day[9].tv557
shahzam512
C9.Mang0363
Trikslyr49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick598
BasetradeTV189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta28
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie867
• Shiphtur692
• Day9tv557
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5m
Patches Events
16h 5m
The PondCast
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.