• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:18
CEST 17:18
KST 00:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8864 users

Aperture Mafia 4: This Time it's Personal - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 01:42 GMT
#297
*ebwop

everyone will agree to the plan
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 02:56 GMT
#370
On March 28 2015 11:53 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2015 11:51 VisceraEyes wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:54 rsoultin wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:50 VisceraEyes wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:49 sicklucker wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:02 Crossfire99 wrote:
On March 28 2015 09:56 sicklucker wrote:
Ok so I have veteran powers and im never a nk. So ill just hardclaim so we have a confirmed town as mayor

Like I don't even know what to say to this. Ugh. If you really wanted to make the most of your role and be the best town you could be, then you should have tried to play well so you would get night killed assuming you are telling the truth. This is just so ridiculous...I don't care how bad you think you are. Just try and don't do stuff like this.


People dont respect my town game im never a nk

If I had to guess, I'd say that "preemptively explaining why you weren't nightkilled" falls under the "stuff he doesn't like" category...


get out of my head xP

*gets on ur head instead*

Have a taste of ur own medicine woman!


nuuu!

-sits on head- my throne! mine!



leaning town on lightningstrike lol his usual metaread for me is "she's too happy to be scum" so i can believe he thinks he's right here. more to the point, i don't see a scum!lightningstrike being this aggressive


idk in Guardians he did something similar with "meta" reads when he said something along the lines of "I think ExO is town based on the Student Game we played last". Granted, now he's reading scum where in Guardians he was reading me as town.

Still doing that same silly kinda meta reading back to back as scum would be silly, so maybe I'm just over thinking it.
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 03:08 GMT
#381
On March 28 2015 11:58 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2015 11:56 ExO_ wrote:
On March 28 2015 11:53 rsoultin wrote:
On March 28 2015 11:51 VisceraEyes wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:54 rsoultin wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:50 VisceraEyes wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:49 sicklucker wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:02 Crossfire99 wrote:
On March 28 2015 09:56 sicklucker wrote:
Ok so I have veteran powers and im never a nk. So ill just hardclaim so we have a confirmed town as mayor

Like I don't even know what to say to this. Ugh. If you really wanted to make the most of your role and be the best town you could be, then you should have tried to play well so you would get night killed assuming you are telling the truth. This is just so ridiculous...I don't care how bad you think you are. Just try and don't do stuff like this.


People dont respect my town game im never a nk

If I had to guess, I'd say that "preemptively explaining why you weren't nightkilled" falls under the "stuff he doesn't like" category...


get out of my head xP

*gets on ur head instead*

Have a taste of ur own medicine woman!


nuuu!

-sits on head- my throne! mine!



leaning town on lightningstrike lol his usual metaread for me is "she's too happy to be scum" so i can believe he thinks he's right here. more to the point, i don't see a scum!lightningstrike being this aggressive


idk in Guardians he did something similar with "meta" reads when he said something along the lines of "I think ExO is town based on the Student Game we played last". Granted, now he's reading scum where in Guardians he was reading me as town.

Still doing that same silly kinda meta reading back to back as scum would be silly, so maybe I'm just over thinking it.


lol everything is meta with him >< unfortunately that's not alignment-indicative

i did find something curious...why the joint campaign thing mm? i'd think you'd be most certain of your own alignment, so if you're running, why wouldn't you want the gold?


The reasoning is 2 fold.

1. My early posts with the pictures were just for fun. I don't suspect I have enough clout with the TL members to get elected anyway. By attaching myself to somebody else maybe I can pull in a few votes

2. Getting any of the top 3 spots, is better than getting 0 of the top 3 spots. So might as well try to get somebody else to campaign with me; again so maybe I can pull in a few votes.
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 03:19 GMT
#385
On March 28 2015 12:12 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2015 12:08 ExO_ wrote:
On March 28 2015 11:58 rsoultin wrote:
On March 28 2015 11:56 ExO_ wrote:
On March 28 2015 11:53 rsoultin wrote:
On March 28 2015 11:51 VisceraEyes wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:54 rsoultin wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:50 VisceraEyes wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:49 sicklucker wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:02 Crossfire99 wrote:
[quote]
Like I don't even know what to say to this. Ugh. If you really wanted to make the most of your role and be the best town you could be, then you should have tried to play well so you would get night killed assuming you are telling the truth. This is just so ridiculous...I don't care how bad you think you are. Just try and don't do stuff like this.


People dont respect my town game im never a nk

If I had to guess, I'd say that "preemptively explaining why you weren't nightkilled" falls under the "stuff he doesn't like" category...


get out of my head xP

*gets on ur head instead*

Have a taste of ur own medicine woman!


nuuu!

-sits on head- my throne! mine!



leaning town on lightningstrike lol his usual metaread for me is "she's too happy to be scum" so i can believe he thinks he's right here. more to the point, i don't see a scum!lightningstrike being this aggressive


idk in Guardians he did something similar with "meta" reads when he said something along the lines of "I think ExO is town based on the Student Game we played last". Granted, now he's reading scum where in Guardians he was reading me as town.

Still doing that same silly kinda meta reading back to back as scum would be silly, so maybe I'm just over thinking it.


lol everything is meta with him >< unfortunately that's not alignment-indicative

i did find something curious...why the joint campaign thing mm? i'd think you'd be most certain of your own alignment, so if you're running, why wouldn't you want the gold?


The reasoning is 2 fold.

1. My early posts with the pictures were just for fun. I don't suspect I have enough clout with the TL members to get elected anyway. By attaching myself to somebody else maybe I can pull in a few votes

2. Getting any of the top 3 spots, is better than getting 0 of the top 3 spots. So might as well try to get somebody else to campaign with me; again so maybe I can pull in a few votes.


that kinda makes sense lol

carry on


Will do

[image loading]

Vote ExO_ for Overseer!!
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 11:48 GMT
#468
I think we're getting a bit distracted. The little squabble HF/Rsoultin is having isn't being productive right now. And while it's important to find scum I think it's more important to focus on who we're electing today. It's a bit rough right now since this game seems to really be off to a slow star and we've yet to here from a lot of people.
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 12:13 GMT
#471
On March 28 2015 21:04 Chezitwo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2015 20:48 ExO_ wrote:
I think we're getting a bit distracted. The little squabble HF/Rsoultin is having isn't being productive right now. And while it's important to find scum I think it's more important to focus on who we're electing today. It's a bit rough right now since this game seems to really be off to a slow star and we've yet to here from a lot of people.

This is very wrong. The little squabble is one of the only things I've managed to get a lean out of someone one way or another, so it's one of the most useful things that's happened in the thread.

And if you find mafia, you know who to elect.

You cannot possibly know who to elect without finding mafia.


You could argue it's the same thing, but you need to find town more than mafia (for this particular day 1 setup). 3 really townie people specifically. I'd say its easier and more important to focus on finding and electing the 3 most townie people.

In my opinion getting really solid reads on scum is damn near impossible on day 1. It's a crapshoot of people spewing meta reads and bullshit. However I think certain people almost always stick out as super townie. Right now I'm not seeing the super town people. So until I think we're in the right direction as far getting townies elected that's what I'm going to focus on.
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 13:10 GMT
#475
On March 28 2015 21:41 Holyflare wrote:
Bla bla mechanics. Tell me what you got from interactions don't ignore what I'm saying artanis


I've gotten very little. I'm leaning town on rsoultin. I lean town on you as well, but not as much as rsoultin.

Everybody else? Almost nothing. If you held a gun to my head and told me to pick scum I'd probably say JAT right now. He's answering questions and responding which I like, but he's not really adding information. He's not offering anything just reacting to what's there. It's the kinda thing that I think looks decent but isn't really helping town at all.
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 21:23 GMT
#807
On March 29 2015 06:21 VisceraEyes wrote:
List-Post time!!!

Not being lynched today:

2. Holyflare
3. justanothertownie
5. Trfel
6. Damdred
7. LightningStrike
8. Alakaslam
10. Half the Sky
12. Hapahauli
13. Blazinghand
14. VisceraEyes
15. Sepulchre
16. yamato77
18. ritoky
19. Onegu
20. VayneAuthority
21. batsnacks
22. kitaman27
23. rsoultin
24. WaveofShadow
25. ObiWanShinobi
27. Koshi

Could lynch today:

1. Snarfs
4. Keirathi
9. Crossfire99
11. Chezitwo
17. sicklucker
26. ExO_

Any questions?


Yeah I got a question. Why in the world did you put me in the could lynch today? I've been asleep but I was trying to be helpful when I was awake. It just didn't seem like anybody besides HF/Rsoultin/Keirathi was really being super active.

For that matter why are any of these people on the list? I get that SL is kinda a wild card but the rest I have no idea. Did you draw names out of a hat?
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 21:39 GMT
#810
[QUOTE]On March 29 2015 06:25 Trfel wrote:
Probably Town


ExO_

ExO_'s decision to run for the adventuring party was very delayed. Initially, he seemed to wonder about the game mechanics, and sit on the sidelines, but then he made a slight push for becoming the warrior. And then, he keeps posting campaign pictures, and then suddenly decides that he's willing to be second to someone else's campaign. The goal of his campaign seems to be constantly changing. It's not clear why he decided to run, and why he is so determined to get a spot on the adventuring party. This doesn't necessarily make ExO_ scum, but I am suspicious of him. I'm interested in seeing how he continues from here.

I also don't want to elect ExO_ to the adventuring party because I'm not sure if I trust him with whatever additional abilities the adventuring party is given. I do not want to see ExO_ elected today.
/QUOTE]

So my campaigning was just for fun. I really like fallout, and posting fallout propaganda pictures was kinda my homage to that. I do want warrior because I trust myself, but I felt like I wasn't gonna get elected here: not enough people really know me well enough to trust me right off the bat. Not in a game this large.

That being said the limited discussion I did have was more directed towards the game. And I feel like I was trying after that. So to call me scum because of the silly pictures at the start I think is ridiculous. And at least I was posting, unlike half the game.
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 22:25 GMT
#821
On March 29 2015 07:11 batsnacks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 07:04 Keirathi wrote:
On March 29 2015 06:57 batsnacks wrote:
On March 29 2015 06:50 Keirathi wrote:
VE: There's basically no way a scum ExO made that post I was talking about. Scum marv/rayn/hf/jat? Absolutely. But look at all of his other posts. That's the only post where he's being snarky, everything else is him posting cautiously/carefully.

Hmm...how to say what I'm trying to say...

Basically, in general if people are posting cautiously/carefully as scum, they don't suddenly break out into snark-mode just to poke at one of the vets. I find it very, very unlikely that ExO_ did that "just to find something to call out" as you put it.


What about exo's filter made you feel like he was posting cautiously/carefully?

On March 28 2015 11:56 ExO_ wrote:
On March 28 2015 11:53 rsoultin wrote:
On March 28 2015 11:51 VisceraEyes wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:54 rsoultin wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:50 VisceraEyes wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:49 sicklucker wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:02 Crossfire99 wrote:
On March 28 2015 09:56 sicklucker wrote:
Ok so I have veteran powers and im never a nk. So ill just hardclaim so we have a confirmed town as mayor

Like I don't even know what to say to this. Ugh. If you really wanted to make the most of your role and be the best town you could be, then you should have tried to play well so you would get night killed assuming you are telling the truth. This is just so ridiculous...I don't care how bad you think you are. Just try and don't do stuff like this.


People dont respect my town game im never a nk

If I had to guess, I'd say that "preemptively explaining why you weren't nightkilled" falls under the "stuff he doesn't like" category...


get out of my head xP

*gets on ur head instead*

Have a taste of ur own medicine woman!


nuuu!

-sits on head- my throne! mine!



leaning town on lightningstrike lol his usual metaread for me is "she's too happy to be scum" so i can believe he thinks he's right here. more to the point, i don't see a scum!lightningstrike being this aggressive


idk in Guardians he did something similar with "meta" reads when he said something along the lines of "I think ExO is town based on the Student Game we played last". Granted, now he's reading scum where in Guardians he was reading me as town.

Still doing that same silly kinda meta reading back to back as scum would be silly, so maybe I'm just over thinking it.


On March 28 2015 20:48 ExO_ wrote:
I think we're getting a bit distracted. The little squabble HF/Rsoultin is having isn't being productive right now. And while it's important to find scum I think it's more important to focus on who we're electing today. It's a bit rough right now since this game seems to really be off to a slow star and we've yet to here from a lot of people.


On March 28 2015 22:10 ExO_ wrote:
On March 28 2015 21:41 Holyflare wrote:
Bla bla mechanics. Tell me what you got from interactions don't ignore what I'm saying artanis


I've gotten very little. I'm leaning town on rsoultin. I lean town on you as well, but not as much as rsoultin.

Everybody else? Almost nothing. If you held a gun to my head and told me to pick scum I'd probably say JAT right now. He's answering questions and responding which I like, but he's not really adding information. He's not offering anything just reacting to what's there. It's the kinda thing that I think looks decent but isn't really helping town at all.


Basically he's just hiding around the sidelines saying soft/safe/obvious things. It's all very different from that one post where he called VE out.


I thought the mayor campaign was pretty loud and out there but I see what you're saying I think with the safe/obvious things. That said I still don't understand town reading him.

Like, maybe you can null read him because he has contributed more to talk about than others? I personally don't understand town reading him though.


I had a lot of fun posting the fallout propaganda. And yeah I'd love it if somebody said "that was cool, I'll elect ExO over it". But I wasn't honestly expecting it. That being said:

Are you kidding me? ofc I want mayor (or warrior/rogue/cleric in this case). No offense, but I trust myself more than anybody else here. I'm not in the "TL mafia cool kids club" so me getting elected is practically impossible, but that's not gonna stop me from at least trying to get mayor. I agree with doing a community vote, and getting people elected who are going to do what the entire town wants. I know I'll follow it. But half the people here in TL mafia think they are the smartest people in the world and won't do what the majority wants because "they know better".
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 22:33 GMT
#825
JAT could you give me some actual reads? Like without quoting somebody else and telling me what you thought of their thoughts.
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 22:38 GMT
#832
On March 29 2015 07:35 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 07:33 ExO_ wrote:
JAT could you give me some actual reads? Like without quoting somebody else and telling me what you thought of their thoughts.

Are you serious?


Yeah. Unless I missed something in the pages I haven't read yet, all you've been doing (in my opinion) is quoting other people and saying what you've thought of their thoughts. That was the case when I went to sleep, and I wake up and here you are again doing the same thing.

Like do you post something that takes information and draws conclusions from it, or do you just thumb up and thumb down everybody elses posts?'
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 22:45 GMT
#841
On March 29 2015 07:38 batsnacks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 07:25 ExO_ wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:11 batsnacks wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:04 Keirathi wrote:
On March 29 2015 06:57 batsnacks wrote:
On March 29 2015 06:50 Keirathi wrote:
VE: There's basically no way a scum ExO made that post I was talking about. Scum marv/rayn/hf/jat? Absolutely. But look at all of his other posts. That's the only post where he's being snarky, everything else is him posting cautiously/carefully.

Hmm...how to say what I'm trying to say...

Basically, in general if people are posting cautiously/carefully as scum, they don't suddenly break out into snark-mode just to poke at one of the vets. I find it very, very unlikely that ExO_ did that "just to find something to call out" as you put it.


What about exo's filter made you feel like he was posting cautiously/carefully?

On March 28 2015 11:56 ExO_ wrote:
On March 28 2015 11:53 rsoultin wrote:
On March 28 2015 11:51 VisceraEyes wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:54 rsoultin wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:50 VisceraEyes wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:49 sicklucker wrote:
[quote]

People dont respect my town game im never a nk

If I had to guess, I'd say that "preemptively explaining why you weren't nightkilled" falls under the "stuff he doesn't like" category...


get out of my head xP

*gets on ur head instead*

Have a taste of ur own medicine woman!


nuuu!

-sits on head- my throne! mine!



leaning town on lightningstrike lol his usual metaread for me is "she's too happy to be scum" so i can believe he thinks he's right here. more to the point, i don't see a scum!lightningstrike being this aggressive


idk in Guardians he did something similar with "meta" reads when he said something along the lines of "I think ExO is town based on the Student Game we played last". Granted, now he's reading scum where in Guardians he was reading me as town.

Still doing that same silly kinda meta reading back to back as scum would be silly, so maybe I'm just over thinking it.


On March 28 2015 20:48 ExO_ wrote:
I think we're getting a bit distracted. The little squabble HF/Rsoultin is having isn't being productive right now. And while it's important to find scum I think it's more important to focus on who we're electing today. It's a bit rough right now since this game seems to really be off to a slow star and we've yet to here from a lot of people.


On March 28 2015 22:10 ExO_ wrote:
On March 28 2015 21:41 Holyflare wrote:
Bla bla mechanics. Tell me what you got from interactions don't ignore what I'm saying artanis


I've gotten very little. I'm leaning town on rsoultin. I lean town on you as well, but not as much as rsoultin.

Everybody else? Almost nothing. If you held a gun to my head and told me to pick scum I'd probably say JAT right now. He's answering questions and responding which I like, but he's not really adding information. He's not offering anything just reacting to what's there. It's the kinda thing that I think looks decent but isn't really helping town at all.


Basically he's just hiding around the sidelines saying soft/safe/obvious things. It's all very different from that one post where he called VE out.


I thought the mayor campaign was pretty loud and out there but I see what you're saying I think with the safe/obvious things. That said I still don't understand town reading him.

Like, maybe you can null read him because he has contributed more to talk about than others? I personally don't understand town reading him though.


I had a lot of fun posting the fallout propaganda. And yeah I'd love it if somebody said "that was cool, I'll elect ExO over it". But I wasn't honestly expecting it. That being said:

Are you kidding me? ofc I want mayor (or warrior/rogue/cleric in this case). No offense, but I trust myself more than anybody else here. I'm not in the "TL mafia cool kids club" so me getting elected is practically impossible, but that's not gonna stop me from at least trying to get mayor. I agree with doing a community vote, and getting people elected who are going to do what the entire town wants. I know I'll follow it. But half the people here in TL mafia think they are the smartest people in the world and won't do what the majority wants because "they know better".


I'm not "kidding you" I don't even understand what you're going on about. Your mayor campaign has nothing to do with why I'm scum reading you, I only pointed out your campaign because keirathi said you were being safe/agreeable and your mayor campaign was not consistent with that. I'm scum reading you because I think your game plan today is scummy.


Which part of my gameplan? I think the only thing I've said is I believe it's more important to find 3 town right now because that's who we are voting for. And I stand by that. Like I know there's a lot of egos in here that need to prove they can find scum on day 1, but a lot of day 1 reads are based on crap. There hasn't been a single case I've read yet that makes me go "yep that's super scummy".

However I think by the end of day 1 I'll have a pretty good idea of 3 people out of 27 that are really oozing town. So that's what I'm more interested in. Does that mean I think we shouldn't scum hunt? No, the scum discussion help reveal who is town who isn't. As I said earlier, scum hunting and figuring out who is town is kinda the same thing to a certain extent. But as town we need to be more focused on making sure the right people get elected today. Because that's what the votes are for today.
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 22:52 GMT
#847
On March 29 2015 07:41 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 07:38 ExO_ wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:35 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:33 ExO_ wrote:
JAT could you give me some actual reads? Like without quoting somebody else and telling me what you thought of their thoughts.

Are you serious?


Yeah. Unless I missed something in the pages I haven't read yet, all you've been doing (in my opinion) is quoting other people and saying what you've thought of their thoughts. That was the case when I went to sleep, and I wake up and here you are again doing the same thing.

Like do you post something that takes information and draws conclusions from it, or do you just thumb up and thumb down everybody elses posts?'

So you missed how I went against Koshi for starters? That has to be the strongest push there was so far and you are telling me you completely missed that?


I read this and clicked your filter, fully expecting to have to come back and apologize for not having read it all yet. I was very mistaken in that thought. Your case on Koshi I don't find compelling at all. Especially the parts where you are okay lynching him even if he is town.

you're filter is about 80% other people's quoted words, 20% your own. You rarely post more than one sentence at a time. To me it looks like you're just taking everyone else's words, saying a few more of your own, and that's it. You're not bringing anything to the table that somebody else doesn't first bring. Except this little "push" on Koshi, and there's hardly anything there to justify it. Other than Koshi can't help but get modkilled sometimes.

The only point I'd agree with you on is it's not right for Koshi wanting to redeem himself by getting lynched. But I don't believe it's scum alignment indicative.
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 22:56 GMT
#853
On March 29 2015 07:51 batsnacks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 07:45 ExO_ wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:38 batsnacks wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:25 ExO_ wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:11 batsnacks wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:04 Keirathi wrote:
On March 29 2015 06:57 batsnacks wrote:
On March 29 2015 06:50 Keirathi wrote:
VE: There's basically no way a scum ExO made that post I was talking about. Scum marv/rayn/hf/jat? Absolutely. But look at all of his other posts. That's the only post where he's being snarky, everything else is him posting cautiously/carefully.

Hmm...how to say what I'm trying to say...

Basically, in general if people are posting cautiously/carefully as scum, they don't suddenly break out into snark-mode just to poke at one of the vets. I find it very, very unlikely that ExO_ did that "just to find something to call out" as you put it.


What about exo's filter made you feel like he was posting cautiously/carefully?

On March 28 2015 11:56 ExO_ wrote:
On March 28 2015 11:53 rsoultin wrote:
On March 28 2015 11:51 VisceraEyes wrote:
On March 28 2015 10:54 rsoultin wrote:
[quote]

get out of my head xP

*gets on ur head instead*

Have a taste of ur own medicine woman!


nuuu!

-sits on head- my throne! mine!



leaning town on lightningstrike lol his usual metaread for me is "she's too happy to be scum" so i can believe he thinks he's right here. more to the point, i don't see a scum!lightningstrike being this aggressive


idk in Guardians he did something similar with "meta" reads when he said something along the lines of "I think ExO is town based on the Student Game we played last". Granted, now he's reading scum where in Guardians he was reading me as town.

Still doing that same silly kinda meta reading back to back as scum would be silly, so maybe I'm just over thinking it.


On March 28 2015 20:48 ExO_ wrote:
I think we're getting a bit distracted. The little squabble HF/Rsoultin is having isn't being productive right now. And while it's important to find scum I think it's more important to focus on who we're electing today. It's a bit rough right now since this game seems to really be off to a slow star and we've yet to here from a lot of people.


On March 28 2015 22:10 ExO_ wrote:
On March 28 2015 21:41 Holyflare wrote:
Bla bla mechanics. Tell me what you got from interactions don't ignore what I'm saying artanis


I've gotten very little. I'm leaning town on rsoultin. I lean town on you as well, but not as much as rsoultin.

Everybody else? Almost nothing. If you held a gun to my head and told me to pick scum I'd probably say JAT right now. He's answering questions and responding which I like, but he's not really adding information. He's not offering anything just reacting to what's there. It's the kinda thing that I think looks decent but isn't really helping town at all.


Basically he's just hiding around the sidelines saying soft/safe/obvious things. It's all very different from that one post where he called VE out.


I thought the mayor campaign was pretty loud and out there but I see what you're saying I think with the safe/obvious things. That said I still don't understand town reading him.

Like, maybe you can null read him because he has contributed more to talk about than others? I personally don't understand town reading him though.


I had a lot of fun posting the fallout propaganda. And yeah I'd love it if somebody said "that was cool, I'll elect ExO over it". But I wasn't honestly expecting it. That being said:

Are you kidding me? ofc I want mayor (or warrior/rogue/cleric in this case). No offense, but I trust myself more than anybody else here. I'm not in the "TL mafia cool kids club" so me getting elected is practically impossible, but that's not gonna stop me from at least trying to get mayor. I agree with doing a community vote, and getting people elected who are going to do what the entire town wants. I know I'll follow it. But half the people here in TL mafia think they are the smartest people in the world and won't do what the majority wants because "they know better".


I'm not "kidding you" I don't even understand what you're going on about. Your mayor campaign has nothing to do with why I'm scum reading you, I only pointed out your campaign because keirathi said you were being safe/agreeable and your mayor campaign was not consistent with that. I'm scum reading you because I think your game plan today is scummy.


Which part of my gameplan? I think the only thing I've said is I believe it's more important to find 3 town right now because that's who we are voting for. And I stand by that. Like I know there's a lot of egos in here that need to prove they can find scum on day 1, but a lot of day 1 reads are based on crap. There hasn't been a single case I've read yet that makes me go "yep that's super scummy".

However I think by the end of day 1 I'll have a pretty good idea of 3 people out of 27 that are really oozing town. So that's what I'm more interested in. Does that mean I think we shouldn't scum hunt? No, the scum discussion help reveal who is town who isn't. As I said earlier, scum hunting and figuring out who is town is kinda the same thing to a certain extent. But as town we need to be more focused on making sure the right people get elected today. Because that's what the votes are for today.


If day 1 reads are based on crap then how are you finding townies if not for reasons based on crap?

Step 1 is hunt scum, it isn't election politics and it isn't town reads.


Because townies generally put more time and effort into their posts. They question and try to solve the game. And I want to make sure the people doing that get elected.

I guess scum hunting is solving the game, again that's why I kinda said it's one in the same. It's just more important to me to make sure I find and identify the most town people for day 1, than to be super set on the scum cases.
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 22:57 GMT
#854
On March 29 2015 07:53 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 07:52 ExO_ wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:41 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:38 ExO_ wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:35 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:33 ExO_ wrote:
JAT could you give me some actual reads? Like without quoting somebody else and telling me what you thought of their thoughts.

Are you serious?


Yeah. Unless I missed something in the pages I haven't read yet, all you've been doing (in my opinion) is quoting other people and saying what you've thought of their thoughts. That was the case when I went to sleep, and I wake up and here you are again doing the same thing.

Like do you post something that takes information and draws conclusions from it, or do you just thumb up and thumb down everybody elses posts?'

So you missed how I went against Koshi for starters? That has to be the strongest push there was so far and you are telling me you completely missed that?


I read this and clicked your filter, fully expecting to have to come back and apologize for not having read it all yet. I was very mistaken in that thought. Your case on Koshi I don't find compelling at all. Especially the parts where you are okay lynching him even if he is town.

you're filter is about 80% other people's quoted words, 20% your own. You rarely post more than one sentence at a time. To me it looks like you're just taking everyone else's words, saying a few more of your own, and that's it. You're not bringing anything to the table that somebody else doesn't first bring. Except this little "push" on Koshi, and there's hardly anything there to justify it. Other than Koshi can't help but get modkilled sometimes.

The only point I'd agree with you on is it's not right for Koshi wanting to redeem himself by getting lynched. But I don't believe it's scum alignment indicative.

So why does this make me scum or do you just have a problem with the way I play? Because this is the way I play and I had success with it. I won't change it for you.


I think you're making a lot of low effort posts that increase filter size without actually saying much or adding to town. You're not really scum hunting, or offering any new ideas, only quoting other people's ideas.

Therefore yes, I think it's scummy.
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 23:05 GMT
#862
On March 29 2015 07:59 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 07:57 ExO_ wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:53 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:52 ExO_ wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:41 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:38 ExO_ wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:35 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:33 ExO_ wrote:
JAT could you give me some actual reads? Like without quoting somebody else and telling me what you thought of their thoughts.

Are you serious?


Yeah. Unless I missed something in the pages I haven't read yet, all you've been doing (in my opinion) is quoting other people and saying what you've thought of their thoughts. That was the case when I went to sleep, and I wake up and here you are again doing the same thing.

Like do you post something that takes information and draws conclusions from it, or do you just thumb up and thumb down everybody elses posts?'

So you missed how I went against Koshi for starters? That has to be the strongest push there was so far and you are telling me you completely missed that?


I read this and clicked your filter, fully expecting to have to come back and apologize for not having read it all yet. I was very mistaken in that thought. Your case on Koshi I don't find compelling at all. Especially the parts where you are okay lynching him even if he is town.

you're filter is about 80% other people's quoted words, 20% your own. You rarely post more than one sentence at a time. To me it looks like you're just taking everyone else's words, saying a few more of your own, and that's it. You're not bringing anything to the table that somebody else doesn't first bring. Except this little "push" on Koshi, and there's hardly anything there to justify it. Other than Koshi can't help but get modkilled sometimes.

The only point I'd agree with you on is it's not right for Koshi wanting to redeem himself by getting lynched. But I don't believe it's scum alignment indicative.

So why does this make me scum or do you just have a problem with the way I play? Because this is the way I play and I had success with it. I won't change it for you.


I think you're making a lot of low effort posts that increase filter size without actually saying much or adding to town. You're not really scum hunting, or offering any new ideas, only quoting other people's ideas.

Therefore yes, I think it's scummy.

Open any of my towngames and see how my posts look like there and then tell me that it is scummy again. If you can only work with big listposts and wall of texts that says more about you than about me.


Thats not what I'm getting at, at all. Are you able to write like a 5 sentence paragraph saying you saw X and Y which makes you think player Z is scum? Because so far It's all just "I agree with your opinion player B". Either that or "I don't like koshi he's day 1 lynch.

I don't need somebody to quote everyone elses opinion and say they agree or not. I'd much rather know why you agree, or better yet why you think there should be a case on someone that hasn't been mentioned yet with reasons to back it up
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 23:11 GMT
#869
On March 29 2015 08:07 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 08:05 ExO_ wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:59 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:57 ExO_ wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:53 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:52 ExO_ wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:41 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:38 ExO_ wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:35 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:33 ExO_ wrote:
JAT could you give me some actual reads? Like without quoting somebody else and telling me what you thought of their thoughts.

Are you serious?


Yeah. Unless I missed something in the pages I haven't read yet, all you've been doing (in my opinion) is quoting other people and saying what you've thought of their thoughts. That was the case when I went to sleep, and I wake up and here you are again doing the same thing.

Like do you post something that takes information and draws conclusions from it, or do you just thumb up and thumb down everybody elses posts?'

So you missed how I went against Koshi for starters? That has to be the strongest push there was so far and you are telling me you completely missed that?


I read this and clicked your filter, fully expecting to have to come back and apologize for not having read it all yet. I was very mistaken in that thought. Your case on Koshi I don't find compelling at all. Especially the parts where you are okay lynching him even if he is town.

you're filter is about 80% other people's quoted words, 20% your own. You rarely post more than one sentence at a time. To me it looks like you're just taking everyone else's words, saying a few more of your own, and that's it. You're not bringing anything to the table that somebody else doesn't first bring. Except this little "push" on Koshi, and there's hardly anything there to justify it. Other than Koshi can't help but get modkilled sometimes.

The only point I'd agree with you on is it's not right for Koshi wanting to redeem himself by getting lynched. But I don't believe it's scum alignment indicative.

So why does this make me scum or do you just have a problem with the way I play? Because this is the way I play and I had success with it. I won't change it for you.


I think you're making a lot of low effort posts that increase filter size without actually saying much or adding to town. You're not really scum hunting, or offering any new ideas, only quoting other people's ideas.

Therefore yes, I think it's scummy.

Open any of my towngames and see how my posts look like there and then tell me that it is scummy again. If you can only work with big listposts and wall of texts that says more about you than about me.

I don't need somebody to quote everyone elses opinion and say they agree or not. I'd much rather know why you agree, or better yet why you think there should be a case on someone that hasn't been mentioned yet with reasons to back it up

Tough titties you will have to deal with it. I couldn't care less if you have a problem with the way I play.
Pro tip: If I am agreeing with something then I agree with it period. I don't have to write my own reasoning because that WOULD actually be useless filter size enlargement.



Just mindlessly agreeing with others IS useles filter size enlargement. Its 100% worthless if you don't offer anything else


ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 23:12 GMT
#871
What has sick lucker done in the past to get the reputation he has?
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 28 2015 23:18 GMT
#874
On March 29 2015 08:12 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 08:11 ExO_ wrote:
On March 29 2015 08:07 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 08:05 ExO_ wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:59 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:57 ExO_ wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:53 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:52 ExO_ wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:41 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 07:38 ExO_ wrote:
[quote]

Yeah. Unless I missed something in the pages I haven't read yet, all you've been doing (in my opinion) is quoting other people and saying what you've thought of their thoughts. That was the case when I went to sleep, and I wake up and here you are again doing the same thing.

Like do you post something that takes information and draws conclusions from it, or do you just thumb up and thumb down everybody elses posts?'

So you missed how I went against Koshi for starters? That has to be the strongest push there was so far and you are telling me you completely missed that?


I read this and clicked your filter, fully expecting to have to come back and apologize for not having read it all yet. I was very mistaken in that thought. Your case on Koshi I don't find compelling at all. Especially the parts where you are okay lynching him even if he is town.

you're filter is about 80% other people's quoted words, 20% your own. You rarely post more than one sentence at a time. To me it looks like you're just taking everyone else's words, saying a few more of your own, and that's it. You're not bringing anything to the table that somebody else doesn't first bring. Except this little "push" on Koshi, and there's hardly anything there to justify it. Other than Koshi can't help but get modkilled sometimes.

The only point I'd agree with you on is it's not right for Koshi wanting to redeem himself by getting lynched. But I don't believe it's scum alignment indicative.

So why does this make me scum or do you just have a problem with the way I play? Because this is the way I play and I had success with it. I won't change it for you.


I think you're making a lot of low effort posts that increase filter size without actually saying much or adding to town. You're not really scum hunting, or offering any new ideas, only quoting other people's ideas.

Therefore yes, I think it's scummy.

Open any of my towngames and see how my posts look like there and then tell me that it is scummy again. If you can only work with big listposts and wall of texts that says more about you than about me.

I don't need somebody to quote everyone elses opinion and say they agree or not. I'd much rather know why you agree, or better yet why you think there should be a case on someone that hasn't been mentioned yet with reasons to back it up

Tough titties you will have to deal with it. I couldn't care less if you have a problem with the way I play.
Pro tip: If I am agreeing with something then I agree with it period. I don't have to write my own reasoning because that WOULD actually be useless filter size enlargement.



Just mindlessly agreeing with others IS useles filter size enlargement. Its 100% worthless if you don't offer anything else



I disagree.

Do you want to keep arguing with me about how we both think the game should be played or are we done with enlarging our filters now?


I don't think it's arguing about the way the game should be played, I think I'm arguing you're scum and attempting to slip by. You make low quality posts that only piggy back off others. You aren't adding any new information or perspectives. Unless this changes ill continue to scum read you for it.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem195
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 195
Railgan 88
IndyStarCraft 49
trigger 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53488
Shuttle 7712
BeSt 785
Horang2 492
actioN 263
Larva 209
Sexy 200
ggaemo 155
Soma 148
Last 115
[ Show more ]
Mind 102
Zeus 78
hero 57
Hyun 55
Aegong 49
Killer 47
ToSsGirL 30
Bale 26
PianO 23
Rock 16
NaDa 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4862
qojqva2774
Dendi1449
420jenkins457
Fuzer 112
Counter-Strike
fl0m3361
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1177
Liquid`Hasu762
MindelVK7
Other Games
singsing882
B2W.Neo880
Beastyqt609
Mlord472
byalli386
Livibee222
ArmadaUGS200
Hui .192
KnowMe120
QueenE86
Mew2King59
CosmosSc2 31
Chillindude20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick796
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream56
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 56
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2917
League of Legends
• Nemesis2803
Other Games
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 43m
Replay Cast
7h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 43m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
19h 43m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.