• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:18
CEST 02:18
KST 09:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8518 users

Newbie Student Mafia VII - Page 97

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 95 96 97 98 99 125 Next
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 16 2015 02:57 GMT
#1921
HAHAHAHAHA THIS IS AMAZING

I COUNTERCLAIM VIGILANTE XD
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 16 2015 02:59 GMT
#1922
On April 16 2015 11:57 Trfel wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA THIS IS AMAZING

I COUNTERCLAIM VIGILANTE XD
And before you ask, of course I'm joking.

The only real conclusion to be drawn from this is that Breshke and The Shining decided to make this game even more of a nightmare than it already is.

I have a history paper due tomorrow, once I turn that in I will try to catch the scum. But it does sort of appear that we need to lynch today now.

##unvote

And if there is a real vigilante who is not The Shining, they definitely should counterclaim.
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
April 16 2015 03:05 GMT
#1923
JJB where have you gone?

Prp has basically said he isnt vigi so now we are just waiting on either you or bourne because prp has claimed vanilla and i think i would probably believe shining over borne anyway since he has even less reason to shoot stutters
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 16 2015 03:05 GMT
#1924
On April 16 2015 11:59 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2015 11:57 Trfel wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA THIS IS AMAZING

I COUNTERCLAIM VIGILANTE XD
And before you ask, of course I'm joking.

The only real conclusion to be drawn from this is that Breshke and The Shining decided to make this game even more of a nightmare than it already is.

I have a history paper due tomorrow, once I turn that in I will try to catch the scum. But it does sort of appear that we need to lynch today now.

##unvote

And if there is a real vigilante who is not The Shining, they definitely should counterclaim.


parrot :/
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
April 16 2015 03:06 GMT
#1925
On April 16 2015 11:59 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2015 11:57 Trfel wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA THIS IS AMAZING

I COUNTERCLAIM VIGILANTE XD
And before you ask, of course I'm joking.

The only real conclusion to be drawn from this is that Breshke and The Shining decided to make this game even more of a nightmare than it already is.

I have a history paper due tomorrow, once I turn that in I will try to catch the scum. But it does sort of appear that we need to lynch today now.

##unvote

And if there is a real vigilante who is not The Shining, they definitely should counterclaim.


not really the shinings fault. I forced him to claim there if he is the real vigi i guess. If it was anyone but him or rso my plan was good i think idk
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 16 2015 03:08 GMT
#1926
On April 16 2015 12:05 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2015 11:59 Trfel wrote:
On April 16 2015 11:57 Trfel wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA THIS IS AMAZING

I COUNTERCLAIM VIGILANTE XD
And before you ask, of course I'm joking.

The only real conclusion to be drawn from this is that Breshke and The Shining decided to make this game even more of a nightmare than it already is.

I have a history paper due tomorrow, once I turn that in I will try to catch the scum. But it does sort of appear that we need to lynch today now.

##unvote

And if there is a real vigilante who is not The Shining, they definitely should counterclaim.


parrot :/
I'm well aware that you said it. I said it again. It's important enough that if there is a real vigilante and they don't trust you, then hopefully they trust me. Or vice versa, of course.

Oh, and as for those of you wondering about the night kill (Tubesock?), Half the Sky was the best night kill there. She was definitely playing better than rsoultin in this game, and was being very influential. Killing Half the Sky makes sense in terms of both skill and performance in this game. It doesn't necessarily mean that Half the Sky had incredible reads (though that is certainly a possibility).

It does suggest that there isn't another widely townread player with incredible reads, unless of course Half the Sky also had incredible reads. I just find it hard to believe that there is someone with amazing reads this game.

In short, I don't think the night kill gives us much information at all. Scum is just headhunting the best players (same with the Holyflare night kill), trying to choke town through lack of skill. And it seems to be working just fine.
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
April 16 2015 03:11 GMT
#1927
ok so vigi killed stutters... lol

no im not vigi have you read my filter? lol

i'm super behind, church things after work lol
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
April 16 2015 03:12 GMT
#1928
reading up.... ill check this occasionally

sorry guys I have like 10 pages to go
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 16 2015 03:12 GMT
#1929
Wow, no one is here. I should have waited for longer to get reactions, then.

Well, someone on the scum team probably knows already. So it's free to say in the open. Scum actually has plenty of incentive to counterclaim when town is in MYLO, since all they need is one mislynch. Normally, scum can't counterclaim because after the real town is lynched, they will be lynched themselves, and a one for one trade is good for scum. However, that isn't the case any more.

First and foremost, Breshke's play makes absolutely no sense whatsoever from a town perspective, unless he was trying to draw a shot. But that doesn't seem to be indicated in his filter, he seems to be trying to draw out a counterclaim (in this case, a fake claim). And while I could definitely see mafia counterclaiming here, I can also very easily see the real vigilante counterclaim. So basically, Breshke's plan seems to be attempting to draw out the mafia to counterclaim on himself (a seemingly vulnerable target) and then rescind his claim, and have a solid townread actually claim vigilante, thus dooming the scum counterclaimer. Breshke, is this a correct interpretation of your intentions?

The glaring problem with this is that if the real vigilante counterclaims first, he gets absolutely nothing from it.
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
April 16 2015 03:12 GMT
#1930
Okay time for an explanation. Give me a sec
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
April 16 2015 03:20 GMT
#1931
On April 16 2015 09:13 Breshke wrote:
Okay im not sure if this is the right move but I am the vigi and I shot stutters last night. It was a very poor decision and i hesitated on it because he softed blue earlier and i was worried he was the vet. Then he started pushing me after i tried to hammer someone who he had been scumreading and it just gave me really bad vibes. The bad thing from this shot, we go into mylo the good is that i am quite confident that rso and shining are mafia

Anyway I WILL BE SHOT TONIGHT and i was hoping someone would fake claim this because the fake claim would most likely have been the vet trying to pull a bullet since if we manage to kill the role blocker today that play would have effectively gained us a miss lynch. WHICH IS WHY WE DONT NO LYNCH.

Let me reiterate. The vet does not claim here noone else claims here because mafia HAS TO shoot me else they risk shooting into the vet and if we kill Rso or maybe shining we have a 1/3 shot of killing the role blocker which effectively means if the vet ever gets shot we gain a misslynch,.


The bolded is a fairly important paragraph. This is exactly what i was trying to do. I am the Veteran.

This is part of the reason why i brought the logic up why there is most likely a verteran because i wanted the possible cop to know not to rely on a medic. Also why i was asking about roleblocks because the person who was roleblocked would have been very suspicious because if there was a vigi there was no reason for scum to not roleblock there kill but if there was a cop that person would have been less suspicious.

Rso actually noticed that that paragraph was me trying to tell the real vigi not to out. This was probably a shit idea because at the time I honestly thought shining and rso were scum. It is probably better that this happend because i could have been persuaded to vote shining today and mafia only needs one town voting wrong so we would have lost.

I didn't interact in the thread last night because i felt it was useless because i knew i could clear myself by claiming vet(which is dumb) but it is also why ive been playing different/more reckless this game

At least the newbies are seeing how not to play lol

The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
April 16 2015 03:21 GMT
#1932
I'm omw home from work. Computer time. I'll be in thread in about an hour or so.

JJB didn't claim vigi. The lol reactions are disheartening.

Prpl claimed vt.

Trfel, Tube, RSo, Bresh have all been here. The only person left to CC me is Bourne.

Inb4 Bourne CCs me as scum.

This also means at least 2 or all 3 scum have seen my claim and not CCd. Why would scum wait until the very last person entered thread to CC? And with Bourne, no less, a player constantly under suspicion.

I'm the vigi and they're scared of CCing me because of the risk. They'd rather kill me tonight, if we make it that far.

K I'm out
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
April 16 2015 03:21 GMT
#1933
to make it clear the original plan was.

Claim vigi. Get shot during the night and unclaim vigi right before day post.

Shining claimed vigi and i was so sure he was scum claiming to try and win the game. It seems that i am wrong
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 16 2015 03:23 GMT
#1934
Furthermore, if we have a real veteran, they should counterclaim Breshke.

I would say more, but this is a newbie game. Thus it's not appropriate.

However, perhaps next newbie game, we should make sure that everyone gets coaches?
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
April 16 2015 03:23 GMT
#1935
On April 16 2015 12:23 Trfel wrote:
Furthermore, if we have a real veteran, they should counterclaim Breshke.

I would say more, but this is a newbie game. Thus it's not appropriate.

However, perhaps next newbie game, we should make sure that everyone gets coaches?


The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
April 16 2015 03:23 GMT
#1936
FUCK ARE YOU SERIOUS

##Unvote

Until I see who and when a CC comes in for you, I can't in good conscience vote you. Even though you claiming defeats the point of having a vet now.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 16 2015 03:25 GMT
#1937
...

"the vet should not claim"

breshke: I AM THE VET. this is how NOT to play

-_- no shit, sherlock

but now we have poe so there's that xP assuming breshke isn't fake-claiming again

btw, bresh, if this is your vet play i do not understand ><
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
April 16 2015 03:25 GMT
#1938
On April 16 2015 12:23 Trfel wrote:
Furthermore, if we have a real veteran, they should counterclaim Breshke.

I would say more, but this is a newbie game. Thus it's not appropriate.

However, perhaps next newbie game, we should make sure that everyone gets coaches?


I've played 3-4'games here, I think. This is 4th or 5th. I hold n illusions, I am definitely still a newb.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
April 16 2015 03:26 GMT
#1939
On April 16 2015 12:25 The Shining wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2015 12:23 Trfel wrote:
Furthermore, if we have a real veteran, they should counterclaim Breshke.

I would say more, but this is a newbie game. Thus it's not appropriate.

However, perhaps next newbie game, we should make sure that everyone gets coaches?


I've played 3-4'games here, I think. This is 4th or 5th. I hold n illusions, I am definitely still a newb.


he probably means me dude dw it fine

I have to claim here or town just keeps going the wrong way.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 16 2015 03:28 GMT
#1940
The worst part?

Now I have to play the game. This is so interesting. Even if it's an unbelievable mess and destruction of everything that mafia is supposed to be, it's extremely interesting.

So much for that paper I have to write.

Anyway, I apologize for getting a bit heated this game. I'll try to settle down. There's really nothing to get upset over, it's not like I've never messed up (or even that I've been playing all that well this game). It's a game for fun, winning is secondary.
Prev 1 95 96 97 98 99 125 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft488
Nina 165
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13604
Hyuk 48
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm202
League of Legends
Doublelift4698
Other Games
summit1g8894
FrodaN3137
JimRising 571
KnowMe194
ArmadaUGS103
ViBE95
Mew2King66
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1267
BasetradeTV218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream106
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• Letter145
• davetesta1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 42m
INu's Battles
11h 42m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 42m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 42m
Replay Cast
22h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.