• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:55
CEST 02:55
KST 09:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8388 users

TL Mafia LXX: Guardians of the Galaxy - Page 38

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 Next All
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 03:22 GMT
#6872
Oh bummer I misexplained my formula ._______.

Sorry, instead of time alive, it's number of pages at time of death.

So amend my example to say that there were 100 pages of filter. 20 pgs of filter for me, I die n1, 20 players in game. 20 / 20 / 100 * 1000 = 10.0, which is still extreme lol
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 03:23 GMT
#6873
Anyway, I'm gonna go read Palmar's reads now and see what's up.
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 03:32 GMT
#6874
wow how weird palmar never gives a read on me

BUT "HE TALKS 2ME LIKE IM CONFIRMD TOWN SO I MUST B TOWN" - tlmafia.net
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 04:32 GMT
#6880
._. the formula explicitly adjusts for big games
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 05:29 GMT
#6885
i guess i could reintroduce onegu to the lynch if trfel feels strong enough about it

i think right now my pile of lynches is:

- fecalfeast
- superbia
- breshke
- onegu
- ritoky

probably in that order, too.

definitely never lynch vigs, me, trfel, sl
almost definitely never lynch arty, damd
i keep waffling on slam but hopefully the orb sorts that out

although honestly we have 6 lynches... so unless there's a fakeclaimed vig i'm pretty sure we just lynch that whole list and call it a day
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 05:31 GMT
#6886
but there pretty much can't be a fakeclaimed vig, right? damdred said he's starting to think it over again, but i'm just not seeing it. vivax seems townie from gameplay, palmar's play d1 strongly makes me think both are town, toad p. much never fake-cc's vivax there... doesn't make sense.

basically unless arty or damd is playing a hell of a scum game we have the POE list right there
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 19:30 GMT
#7143
This might be the worst vote count I've ever seen. ~3.5 hrs to EOD, there's like 5 wagons that could get voted for and literally all of the most suspicious people except Fecalfeast are just sitting back not voting and waiting to see which wagon gets lynched.

Onegu if your vote is locked in why aren't you voting?
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 19:32 GMT
#7144
unvoting btw

will be deciding my vote in the next hourish. apparently i have work from 4-10 tonight
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 19:33 GMT
#7147
Agreed

Vivax you're drunk go home
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 19:34 GMT
#7148
On March 27 2015 04:33 Toadesstern wrote:
Eden, do you think posts like this:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2015 12:53 Onegu wrote:
You dumb dumbs lynch me before Rayn. When I flip mason you lynch toad when he flips scum you lynch rsoul.
show good intent and the idea that Onegu was fakeclaiming to draw hits as well as help town or does it look like he abused it for something else?

I can't figure out what that something else would be. Looks completely within his town range and mafia range, also looks pointless
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 19:37 GMT
#7149
I think I'm just going to trust in 2 things:
(1) SCIENCE BITCH
(2) The fact that he seemed to just be arguing points with Artanis instead of actually trying to figure anything out or get anywherre

and say we lynch Superbia today.

(1) is pretty self-evident, of the people who I bothered to do my Advanced AnalysisTM on Superbia's data clearly fit scum profile rather than town.

(2), when I read that argument (and I'm gonna reread to find examples or reevaluate if I'm wrong), it seemed more like Superbia was interested in arguing the individual points Artanis was raising instead of demonstrating why he was town instead of scum. I got the impression that it was debate without a conclusion.

I'm not really sure why Artanis was satisfied with it, but I don't think it means anything for his alignment, so idgaf.
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 19:49 GMT
#7156
On March 26 2015 22:36 Superbia wrote:
Your reads haven't been "fluid". They've been chaotic. I've demonstrated that your "reads" do not influence your progression whatsoever. You move top scum to hard town in a split second. You are town-read your previous top scum after he does exactly what you predicted he would do if he were scum (partial thanks to FF for pointing that out).

So this is a good example. This doesn't actually prove that Artanis is mafia. Superbia is interested in demonstrating that Artanis's reads were chaotic instead of fluid. Sweet argument, who the fuck cares, is he town or mafia for this? He almost gets to the point of arguing that something might be mafia-indicative (disconnect between stated reads and apparent progression of those reads), but he uses one example (Vivax read) that is actually pretty reasonable to flip like that on (since Vivax really dialed his game up around n1).

Later on is more damning to me:
On March 26 2015 22:54 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 22:53 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On March 26 2015 22:52 Superbia wrote:
On March 26 2015 22:48 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On March 26 2015 22:46 Superbia wrote:
On March 26 2015 22:45 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Because I checked his scum filters and they were at most 13 pages by D5. He's posted an immense amount more at that time as scum than he ever did in any of his previous games. I remember Vivax telling everyone how bad his scumgames were a while back. After the night I went into his games and saw that indeed he never posts this much as scum.


What's the parallel between this game and my scum games?

Combing through your filter was work enough already. I didn't have anything specific I wanted to meta you for this game, so I haven't checked them. With everyone I've meta'd, I've had a specific reason to look into their meta. With Vivax, it was because he posted a lot and I remember how he's mentioned having trouble posting as scum, so I wanted to verify that. With Onegu, it was because I was looking for something specific in that he scumread someone universally regarded as town. With you, it was simply PoE.


Bullshit. One of your arguments is that I have bussed in the past, indicating that you have some sort of realization of what my meta is. Draw parallels.

Which was my one game with you in Imperial. Stop telling me how to do my job and respond to the entire post if you can.


I bussed in Imperial? Hardly. I threw some scum on Ritoky (iirc), my team mate. That's about it. You can't half-ass this shit.

Expand all the quotes and read it. I snipped some of the older stuff that's not relevant, you can read that on your own if you wish. You'll notice that Superbia doesn't bother to rebut the arguments Artanis made about his play in this game, only instead demanding that Artanis also make a meta argument against him. When Artanis says he hasn't meta-read Superbia, Superbia rebuts by saying that one of Artanis's points was based on meta. He doesn't actually try to rebut the point being made based on meta, notice; he just corrects Artanis on the fact that one point was meta-based. Artanis rightfully tells him that he's arguing points instead of reads and demands his case be addressed again; Superbia responds by halfway-arguing that in one game in the past he didn't bus. This doesn't even rebut the substantive part of the one point being made (that Superbia buses as mafia), it's just semantics about one example. The rest of the case goes unaddressed.

This guy is just arguing to argue.
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 19:53 GMT
#7161
The Superbia one is bad because
(1) Him starting to show doubt on his read on you doesn't mean anything. He could be backing off as scum because he doesn't want to argue with you further because he can't, which is entirely consistent with him dodging your case and nitpicking semantics.
(2) He didn't bother to try to force something by comparing to Imperial because fuck going through 30+ pages of your filter in a 500+ pg game just to maybe throw some doubt on you that won't get you lynched. Much better to pacify you by trying to tr you while still not addressing your case.

I'm okay enough with the Breshke one for now.

FF one might be legit, I forgot about that. I would rather lynch Superbia anyway so yeah. Meh.

I'd rather orb Slam and I don't know about the Onegu one.
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 19:56 GMT
#7164
On March 27 2015 04:55 Vivax wrote:
Fuck it I'm rescinding the convincing promise 2 h pre-lynch.

Y'all too bad while I called out scum D1 and N2. Don't even wanna bother against jubjubs.

Wat
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 20:00 GMT
#7167
On March 27 2015 04:57 Fecalfeast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2015 04:56 Eden1892 wrote:
On March 27 2015 04:55 Vivax wrote:
Fuck it I'm rescinding the convincing promise 2 h pre-lynch.

Y'all too bad while I called out scum D1 and N2. Don't even wanna bother against jubjubs.

Wat

he promised to bury either me or slam

Oh yeah.

You swayed to vote Superbia Vivaxbro?
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 20:11 GMT
#7177
On March 27 2015 05:03 ritoky wrote:
eden, how strong is that read on superbia? cuz i kinda had the same no traction, and backing out of a read feelz that you did.

Strong enough that I'm lynching him over it

Thinking back a bit, I remember a comment he made toward me where he basically insinuated that I was likely to be biased against him due to my earlier read. This came while I was questioning him on something. In hindsight it kinda reeks of this debate club, point-out-fallacies-without-forming-useful-conclusions "style" that I feel like comes from mafia mindset more than town mindset.

Townies argue as a means to the end of finding mafia. Mafia argue as a means to the end of looking engaged. For townies, argument is strictly a tool through which reads are formed, so they're less likely to just argue aimlessly about the minutia of particular points - they might get into stupid arguments but it's always for the purpose of trying to develop reads on other players. Mafia otoh can and do easily fall into the trap of engaging points about players without trying to make a read on them. It makes them look like they're helping and being useful without committing them to a read.

I don't really feel like Superbia's arguing this game has been the townie kind of arguing, with the exception of his case on Artanis, which he's promptly walked back anyway.
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 20:13 GMT
#7178
On March 27 2015 05:10 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Drops a big case on me and is "anxious to see me reply", then goes afk for 33 hours in which time I had replied, happens to come back right as I case him and barely seems interested in anything but nitpicking.

Bingo. He sorta revisited his case once with the Vivax point, but that quickly devolved into aimless arguing, and he just kinda drops the rest without engaging you on it at all
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 20:15 GMT
#7182
On March 27 2015 05:13 Damdred wrote:
Who all's on super now

arty, me, ff
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 20:15 GMT
#7183
On March 27 2015 05:15 ritoky wrote:
get sold by art and eden, vote in vote thread.

return to thread, hit f5.

read this

Show nested quote +
On March 27 2015 05:08 Damdred wrote:
I'd vote super with you art. I just think Rayn was scun


[image loading]

lmao
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 26 2015 20:15 GMT
#7184
oh and apparently ritoky too damd
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings64
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE148
ProTech140
SpeCial 122
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13556
Artosis 601
Shuttle 158
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
canceldota116
League of Legends
Doublelift3905
Counter-Strike
taco 196
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox396
AZ_Axe120
Other Games
summit1g6604
shahzam636
Day[9].tv584
C9.Mang0310
Maynarde151
Trikslyr60
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV180
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
• StrangeGG 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv584
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 5m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.