• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:57
CEST 14:57
KST 21:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9616 users

Newbie Student Mafia VI - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 113 114 115 Next
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 20 2015 02:04 GMT
#21
On February 20 2015 10:43 Blazinghand wrote:
There's something called "shadowing" which is like reverse coaching which might actually be what you want. a newbie and a vet share a QT while the vet plays the game. That being said, experience is usually the best teacher, especially experience in mixed games like this with coaching
That's not really what I'm looking for. I want to be able to freely share all of my reads and my reasoning, and get feedback on them, and hear how I should be reading people.

Neither coaching or shadowing lets me do that, to my knowledge.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 20 2015 02:07 GMT
#22
On February 20 2015 11:04 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2015 10:43 Blazinghand wrote:
There's something called "shadowing" which is like reverse coaching which might actually be what you want. a newbie and a vet share a QT while the vet plays the game. That being said, experience is usually the best teacher, especially experience in mixed games like this with coaching
That's not really what I'm looking for. I want to be able to freely share all of my reads and my reasoning, and get feedback on them, and hear how I should be reading people.

Neither coaching or shadowing lets me do that, to my knowledge.


Coaching covers that, but if you want that without having to play, probably like shadowing a coach is what you want.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 20 2015 02:47 GMT
#23
On February 20 2015 11:07 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2015 11:04 Trfel wrote:
On February 20 2015 10:43 Blazinghand wrote:
There's something called "shadowing" which is like reverse coaching which might actually be what you want. a newbie and a vet share a QT while the vet plays the game. That being said, experience is usually the best teacher, especially experience in mixed games like this with coaching
That's not really what I'm looking for. I want to be able to freely share all of my reads and my reasoning, and get feedback on them, and hear how I should be reading people.

Neither coaching or shadowing lets me do that, to my knowledge.


Coaching covers that, but if you want that without having to play, probably like shadowing a coach is what you want.
Coaches aren't really allowed to tell me specifically how good my reads are, and they can't tell me who I should be reading and why. So yeah, shadowing a coach seems good, if that's possible.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
February 20 2015 03:05 GMT
#24
On February 20 2015 10:49 Silverarte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2015 10:43 Blazinghand wrote:
There's something called "shadowing" which is like reverse coaching which might actually be what you want. a newbie and a vet share a QT while the vet plays the game. That being said, experience is usually the best teacher, especially experience in mixed games like this with coaching


Hmm. It's not a bad idea though, because I'd like to see how someone really good plays the game. The Coaches I've had so far have been fantastic to me.

What makes experience in mixed games good? Or perhaps different?

Mafia is a very hard game to learn generally. Experience is the best teacher over all.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 20 2015 03:16 GMT
#25
On February 20 2015 12:05 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2015 10:49 Silverarte wrote:
On February 20 2015 10:43 Blazinghand wrote:
There's something called "shadowing" which is like reverse coaching which might actually be what you want. a newbie and a vet share a QT while the vet plays the game. That being said, experience is usually the best teacher, especially experience in mixed games like this with coaching


Hmm. It's not a bad idea though, because I'd like to see how someone really good plays the game. The Coaches I've had so far have been fantastic to me.

What makes experience in mixed games good? Or perhaps different?

Mafia is a very hard game to learn generally. Experience is the best teacher over all.

This is true.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
February 20 2015 03:27 GMT
#26
On February 20 2015 11:47 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2015 11:07 Blazinghand wrote:
On February 20 2015 11:04 Trfel wrote:
On February 20 2015 10:43 Blazinghand wrote:
There's something called "shadowing" which is like reverse coaching which might actually be what you want. a newbie and a vet share a QT while the vet plays the game. That being said, experience is usually the best teacher, especially experience in mixed games like this with coaching
That's not really what I'm looking for. I want to be able to freely share all of my reads and my reasoning, and get feedback on them, and hear how I should be reading people.

Neither coaching or shadowing lets me do that, to my knowledge.


Coaching covers that, but if you want that without having to play, probably like shadowing a coach is what you want.
Coaches aren't really allowed to tell me specifically how good my reads are, and they can't tell me who I should be reading and why. So yeah, shadowing a coach seems good, if that's possible.

TBH, don't necessarily expect that from our QT. Take for example any of the top players. They all gather reads differently. Some are shared, but for the most part people do very different things. I tend to town hunt and often rely on meta to read people one way or another. Other players wholly ignore meta, like I don't think Marv does much meta. Some players, like raynpelikoneet, just scumhunt in thread.
Silverarte
Profile Joined December 2014
115 Posts
February 20 2015 04:25 GMT
#27
On February 20 2015 12:05 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2015 10:49 Silverarte wrote:
On February 20 2015 10:43 Blazinghand wrote:
There's something called "shadowing" which is like reverse coaching which might actually be what you want. a newbie and a vet share a QT while the vet plays the game. That being said, experience is usually the best teacher, especially experience in mixed games like this with coaching


Hmm. It's not a bad idea though, because I'd like to see how someone really good plays the game. The Coaches I've had so far have been fantastic to me.

What makes experience in mixed games good? Or perhaps different?

Mafia is a very hard game to learn generally. Experience is the best teacher over all.


I have noticed it's incredibly difficult. It's amazing how quickly it moves in one direction or the other. It's just something I honestly want to learn to do well. =) It's been pretty fun so far.
Tronak
Profile Joined February 2015
Spain217 Posts
February 20 2015 14:33 GMT
#28
On February 20 2015 06:07 Blazinghand wrote:
OK, the signups list is updated! Any new players, if you have questions or want to learn more, I recommend you check out the guides linked here. I'm also available for Q&A here in the thread before the game start. I'd expect it'll take a few more days for this game to fill up.


/thanks

I'll surely check the guides while this starts.
LeaVe & LeT DiE
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 20 2015 14:39 GMT
#29
On February 20 2015 12:27 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2015 11:47 Trfel wrote:
On February 20 2015 11:07 Blazinghand wrote:
On February 20 2015 11:04 Trfel wrote:
On February 20 2015 10:43 Blazinghand wrote:
There's something called "shadowing" which is like reverse coaching which might actually be what you want. a newbie and a vet share a QT while the vet plays the game. That being said, experience is usually the best teacher, especially experience in mixed games like this with coaching
That's not really what I'm looking for. I want to be able to freely share all of my reads and my reasoning, and get feedback on them, and hear how I should be reading people.

Neither coaching or shadowing lets me do that, to my knowledge.


Coaching covers that, but if you want that without having to play, probably like shadowing a coach is what you want.
Coaches aren't really allowed to tell me specifically how good my reads are, and they can't tell me who I should be reading and why. So yeah, shadowing a coach seems good, if that's possible.

TBH, don't necessarily expect that from our QT. Take for example any of the top players. They all gather reads differently. Some are shared, but for the most part people do very different things. I tend to town hunt and often rely on meta to read people one way or another. Other players wholly ignore meta, like I don't think Marv does much meta. Some players, like raynpelikoneet, just scumhunt in thread.

Bad boy. I love me some meta.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
February 20 2015 14:48 GMT
#30
On February 20 2015 23:39 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2015 12:27 geript wrote:
On February 20 2015 11:47 Trfel wrote:
On February 20 2015 11:07 Blazinghand wrote:
On February 20 2015 11:04 Trfel wrote:
On February 20 2015 10:43 Blazinghand wrote:
There's something called "shadowing" which is like reverse coaching which might actually be what you want. a newbie and a vet share a QT while the vet plays the game. That being said, experience is usually the best teacher, especially experience in mixed games like this with coaching
That's not really what I'm looking for. I want to be able to freely share all of my reads and my reasoning, and get feedback on them, and hear how I should be reading people.

Neither coaching or shadowing lets me do that, to my knowledge.


Coaching covers that, but if you want that without having to play, probably like shadowing a coach is what you want.
Coaches aren't really allowed to tell me specifically how good my reads are, and they can't tell me who I should be reading and why. So yeah, shadowing a coach seems good, if that's possible.

TBH, don't necessarily expect that from our QT. Take for example any of the top players. They all gather reads differently. Some are shared, but for the most part people do very different things. I tend to town hunt and often rely on meta to read people one way or another. Other players wholly ignore meta, like I don't think Marv does much meta. Some players, like raynpelikoneet, just scumhunt in thread.

Bad boy. I love me some meta.

I'll take my spanking now.
_Tormented_
Profile Joined February 2015
United States157 Posts
February 20 2015 15:45 GMT
#31
/in
The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 20 2015 17:27 GMT
#32
Tormented! lol sorry, I forgot to ping you. Bad rsoul. Welcome ^^
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
_Tormented_
Profile Joined February 2015
United States157 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-20 22:57:54
February 20 2015 22:57 GMT
#33
lol its cool. I have been checking somewhat regularly since the game I am hosting in my alliance forums I based off a game from here about 4 years ago. Ready to get my hands dirty ^_^
The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
February 20 2015 23:15 GMT
#34
/in: Open
whole lies with a half smile
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
February 20 2015 23:33 GMT
#35
HI NODE! :o

How ya been?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
February 21 2015 02:00 GMT
#36
You got Tormented here?

/in

RSo, y u no in? Oh right, you're co-hosting. See, I'm reading thread. Towniest town to ever Town.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
February 21 2015 02:01 GMT
#37
pregame excuse: I can't read
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Silverarte
Profile Joined December 2014
115 Posts
February 21 2015 02:27 GMT
#38
So much towny town around here.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 21 2015 02:31 GMT
#39
OK, updated the signups list. Looks like we still have 4 slots, plus room for 2 more coaches. Eden might move over to a coaching role if we lack coaches and have plenty of signups.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
February 21 2015 02:33 GMT
#40
If enough noobs want in I will forfeit my spot and replace instead. Gotta get them new players interested, you know?
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 113 114 115 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1321
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 266
Rex 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56783
Calm 3815
Shuttle 3472
FanTaSy 1710
Bisu 1527
firebathero 374
Stork 295
Mini 288
Hyuk 283
Rush 262
[ Show more ]
Soma 240
EffOrt 230
Soulkey 186
Zeus 180
Last 152
actioN 146
Light 144
ZerO 139
Snow 110
Mong 73
Dewaltoss 69
Killer 68
Sea.KH 66
Barracks 65
Pusan 51
hero 47
Hyun 42
NotJumperer 39
PianO 39
JYJ 38
Free 37
Bale 34
ToSsGirL 34
Shinee 33
Yoon 29
Aegong 27
Shine 23
Sharp 22
sorry 21
yabsab 17
Sacsri 14
HiyA 11
Noble 11
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc5522
Dendi696
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1377
kRYSTAL_316
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King102
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko407
Other Games
gofns36412
singsing2077
B2W.Neo614
hiko255
DeMusliM233
crisheroes221
byalli155
Livibee148
Hui .27
ZerO(Twitch)10
Liquid`VortiX8
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream17
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
4m
OSC
9h 19m
Replay Cast
10h 4m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.