• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:43
CEST 19:43
KST 02:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11804 users

Newbie Mini Mafia LXI - Page 90

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 88 89 90
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 02 2015 16:15 GMT
#1781
On March 03 2015 01:07 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2015 21:23 Koshi wrote:
Was he being an asshole?

Yes.

Is this based solely on the fact he didn't bother to play when Palmar was lynched? Maybe he had a reason to afk? I don't see that much else. I searched in zlefin his filter for the word retard, idiot, fag, bastard and even the word fuck and I came up empty. My search function might be broken but otherwise the guy is pretty well mannered.

I think Palmar was being a meanie.
I had a good night of sleep.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 02 2015 16:21 GMT
#1782
lol zlefin was refusing to even consider the possibility that palmar/tere may not be scum, and said he wasn't going to put the effort in to solve a game that was already solved

as a replacement into a slot (that was pretty objectively townie, I might add) i'd find it more strange if Palmar wasn't frustrated by an attitude like that ^^

but yes, Palmar is overall a meanie -beats palmar with a wet noodle-
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 02 2015 16:29 GMT
#1783
I didn't see what Palmar said as over the line at all really. Getting lynched while other players refuse to play sucks.
Retired.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 02 2015 16:30 GMT
#1784
Well. Ignoring them and sticking to your read is acceptable. Palmar probably got used to the fact we tend to discuss our scumreads with our scumreads for 15 pages just to come to the conclusion they are really scum. When they sometimes (read: a lot) aren't
I had a good night of sleep.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 02 2015 16:33 GMT
#1785
lol I tend to agree with you, koshi

doesn't make it any less frustrating to be on the other end of it though
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 02 2015 17:19 GMT
#1786
On March 03 2015 01:15 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2015 01:07 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 02 2015 21:23 Koshi wrote:
Was he being an asshole?

Yes.

Is this based solely on the fact he didn't bother to play when Palmar was lynched? Maybe he had a reason to afk? I don't see that much else. I searched in zlefin his filter for the word retard, idiot, fag, bastard and even the word fuck and I came up empty. My search function might be broken but otherwise the guy is pretty well mannered.

I think Palmar was being a meanie.

Pretty much. It is no problem to be wrong even if the answer is really obvious but to just flat out refuse to play the game and consider what the replacement (who was very towny - and more importantly tried to work with zlefin - and replaced a very towny player) has to say for no apparent reason is what I call being an asshole.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-02 17:33:30
March 02 2015 17:33 GMT
#1787
On March 03 2015 02:19 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2015 01:15 Koshi wrote:
On March 03 2015 01:07 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 02 2015 21:23 Koshi wrote:
Was he being an asshole?

Yes.

Is this based solely on the fact he didn't bother to play when Palmar was lynched? Maybe he had a reason to afk? I don't see that much else. I searched in zlefin his filter for the word retard, idiot, fag, bastard and even the word fuck and I came up empty. My search function might be broken but otherwise the guy is pretty well mannered.

I think Palmar was being a meanie.

Pretty much. It is no problem to be wrong even if the answer is really obvious but to just flat out refuse to play the game and consider what the replacement (who was very towny - and more importantly tried to work with zlefin - and replaced a very towny player) has to say for no apparent reason is what I call being an asshole.

well obviously they do/did not feel like it...
But no matter what they should not feel offended.
table for two on a tv tray
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-02 18:02:15
March 02 2015 18:02 GMT
#1788
On March 03 2015 02:33 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2015 02:19 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 03 2015 01:15 Koshi wrote:
On March 03 2015 01:07 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 02 2015 21:23 Koshi wrote:
Was he being an asshole?

Yes.

Is this based solely on the fact he didn't bother to play when Palmar was lynched? Maybe he had a reason to afk? I don't see that much else. I searched in zlefin his filter for the word retard, idiot, fag, bastard and even the word fuck and I came up empty. My search function might be broken but otherwise the guy is pretty well mannered.

I think Palmar was being a meanie.

Pretty much. It is no problem to be wrong even if the answer is really obvious but to just flat out refuse to play the game and consider what the replacement (who was very towny - and more importantly tried to work with zlefin - and replaced a very towny player) has to say for no apparent reason is what I call being an asshole.

well obviously they do/did not feel like it...
But no matter what they should not feel offended.

Exactly. Of course it is absolutely allowed to act like this but to complain about getting called out for it afterwards is pretty rich.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
March 02 2015 20:46 GMT
#1789
I see a number of people lying and calling tere/palmar objectively townie. That is simply untrue, or there wouldn't have been so much suspicion. As to the rest, I leave it to the mods.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
March 04 2015 07:19 GMT
#1790
I want to sincerely apologise Shining for my absence in the coaching qt. It was carnival here and I had some IRL stuff that kept me away from my PC. I am very, very sorry for it. Also, congratulations on your read on JJB.
I'm adorable.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 04 2015 09:46 GMT
#1791
On March 03 2015 05:46 zlefin wrote:
I see a number of people lying and calling tere/palmar objectively townie. That is simply untrue, or there wouldn't have been so much suspicion. As to the rest, I leave it to the mods.


Lol normally I agree that if someone is widely scumread they're not objectively town, but frankly...there was nothing objective about tere and trfel scumming one another. Tere clearly had made it personal, and trfel tilted super bad after Tere's case, classic OMGUS.

I don't blame town for it. Should you have probably reassessed instead of refusing to? Yeah. That's just good play. However, when you've got a strong townread tunneling someone it's natural to side with them so -shrugs-
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
March 04 2015 23:20 GMT
#1792
On March 04 2015 16:19 GlowingBear wrote:
I want to sincerely apologise Shining for my absence in the coaching qt. It was carnival here and I had some IRL stuff that kept me away from my PC. I am very, very sorry for it. Also, congratulations on your read on JJB.


RL stuff is always first, especially if its Carnival =P I hold no grudge or ill will at all, thank you for helping out when you could and giving me some good tips.

And thanks for the grats but town still lost </3 I think someone mentioned it before but being right is only half the battle lol
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
Smancer
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States379 Posts
March 18 2015 14:39 GMT
#1793
Going back and reading this game from start to finish, The Shinings call of JarJar was one of the best I have seen. I played a game a while back, but have mostly just been reading them once they are done for entertainment.

And it is not so much that he pointed the finger at JJB, there were clues like the bad filter, non-commitments etc, but the timing which he made the case, When there seemed to be an inevitable lynch of Tere (Palmer) is what made it outstanding.

What surprised me, is at that point, that no town suggest to just lynch Tere then Trfel the next day pending flip. The friction between those two outshined anything else that was going on in the thread.

But now I have seen it a couple times, where if you have two very active and outspoken personalities heatedly going at each others throats, the most likely scenario is that the both are town, and scum is just lurking in the background.

gg. Makes me want to sign up for a game again.
A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby."
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
March 18 2015 14:44 GMT
#1794
There is a newbie student game open for signups if you'd be interested

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/480171-newbie-student-mafia-vii
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Prev 1 88 89 90
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 637
UpATreeSC 114
ProTech50
JuggernautJason31
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33759
Calm 3357
Shuttle 1116
actioN 220
firebathero 181
Hyuk 113
Barracks 105
Dewaltoss 101
Liquid`Ret 61
Hyun 29
[ Show more ]
Free 24
Aegong 23
Bale 23
HiyA 23
soO 22
NaDa 19
PianO 17
Shine 16
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8595
Dendi1122
XaKoH 379
Fuzer 104
League of Legends
KnowMe82
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1342
fl0m1134
x6flipin834
Other Games
singsing2121
FrodaN1331
Beastyqt663
ceh9354
B2W.Neo336
mouzStarbuck289
Livibee186
byalli183
C9.Mang0155
RotterdaM110
Trikslyr81
Mew2King68
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV421
Other Games
• Shiphtur898
• imaqtpie526
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 32m
Replay Cast
5h 17m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.