• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:03
CEST 16:03
KST 23:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7709 users

Student Mafia V - Page 124

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 128 Next
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 27 2015 22:55 GMT
#2461
Also this newbies are delicate flowers that need to be protected from the big mean mafia players is nonsense.

My third ever game

I hung with the best of them and flamed the shit out of someone scum reading me correctly which won me the game, let the newbies experience what mafia is actually like rather than try and protect them which completely alters their expectations of what is normal and artificially limits the things they can use in the game.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 27 2015 22:55 GMT
#2462
Like the check on Trfel is less of an issue than the claim. Like you can stand to learn a lot about who is probably not mafia on who he pushes. Also, you weren't likely to be NK'd or lynched so you can stuff that one in your pocket. Plus you can just potentially just get him lynched on what he already said. Like, the only time to make an early claim on like that is when it's going to be a really tough lynch to push through, like HF, Marv, etc. That way you give people more time to evaluate the claim.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 27 2015 22:56 GMT
#2463
Geript are you now never gonna trust me again
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 27 2015 22:57 GMT
#2464
FWIW, I think there's a happy medium between being "lovey dovey" and "flaming the shit out of people." The latter shouldn't really be promoted imo, but I don't think that just calling someone shit, calling their reads shit, calling their pushes shit, etc. is over the line. When I host, generally my approach is to "pre-warn" like HtS sent to me. Something like, "I don't think this is over the line, but it's coming close. So watch yourself." I find that that strategy tends to work the best and I didn't have any problem with the pre-warning myself.
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 27 2015 22:59 GMT
#2465
On January 28 2015 07:55 DarthPunk wrote:
Also this newbies are delicate flowers that need to be protected from the big mean mafia players is nonsense.

My third ever game

I hung with the best of them and flamed the shit out of someone scum reading me correctly which won me the game, let the newbies experience what mafia is actually like rather than try and protect them which completely alters their expectations of what is normal and artificially limits the things they can use in the game.


Maybe you misunderstood my post (if that's what you are hinting at), but I blame that bias for some of the tunnelling going on in this game. Effectively, I agree with you here.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 27 2015 22:59 GMT
#2466
On January 28 2015 07:57 geript wrote:
FWIW, I think there's a happy medium between being "lovey dovey" and "flaming the shit out of people." The latter shouldn't really be promoted imo, but I don't think that just calling someone shit, calling their reads shit, calling their pushes shit, etc. is over the line. When I host, generally my approach is to "pre-warn" like HtS sent to me. Something like, "I don't think this is over the line, but it's coming close. So watch yourself." I find that that strategy tends to work the best and I didn't have any problem with the pre-warning myself.


Good to know, I appreciate the feedback. Cheers.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 27 2015 23:01 GMT
#2467
On January 28 2015 07:56 DarthPunk wrote:
Geript are you now never gonna trust me again

Nah. Might not townread you so early. But I mean there are a lot of warning signs I should've picked up on. Like you in effect blind trusting me on WW and Breshke but essentially ignoring better cases/points on Trfel/Shining. Like I should've picked up on the fact that you were hammering lynches on GB and LM while they were looking really towny. The Rsoultin push on D1 was pretty classic DP town though. I even noted in my first big post that I didn't know what to do with you. Plus, I really couldn't fathom you being on a scumteam that didn't CC anything on D2. Like, it makes sense because you couldn't CC and Shining wouldn't have lasted a day. But I couldn't really see you on a team with shining.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 27 2015 23:02 GMT
#2468
As funny as it is to say, I think that posting more really actually quite hurt my play this game. I think I'm going to head back towards wall of text posts.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
January 27 2015 23:44 GMT
#2469
Well played DP!

I'll try to go over this game in the next day or two - really interesting all around.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 27 2015 23:54 GMT
#2470
On January 28 2015 07:24 Half the Sky wrote:
Cheers sharing your input, Eden.

Honestly I also want to throw out a massive shoutout to the coaches - Eden, Hapahauli, Amiko, and Artanis.

All of you posted some very good input and some of you even provided tips/followup after your student's deaths.

So cheers all, volunteering your time like that, especially with two of you hosting/playing other games.

Actually I feel like I've barely contributed, just a bit at the start. I think it was because DP was in the scum qt too so I figured he'd basically provide them better guidance than I could. I attempted to give some general advice here and there but I think DP was more involved in the game, so he was a more logical spokesman.

I also think for next time in case of coaching scum I'd like to have separate qt's with the players because it'll make people ask questions quicker.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 27 2015 23:56 GMT
#2471
I also like how Geript starts all of his sentences with "like,".
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 28 2015 00:24 GMT
#2472
On January 28 2015 08:56 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
I also like how Geript starts all of his sentences with "like,".

Only 90%
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-28 00:51:13
January 28 2015 00:51 GMT
#2473
I just wanna point out to the obs qt heroes that although I definitely made mistakes. I am insanely hard to lynch. And intimidating in the thread.

I am pretty sure Rso would have called me mafia for days in the obs qt, but in the game she was too timid and second guessed herself and I think a large part of that is because lynching me is fucking hard and intimidating.

That is just my personal rationale behind it. Like Rso called me out for various things correctly since day 2.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 28 2015 00:57 GMT
#2474
On January 28 2015 07:43 LightningStrike wrote:
Sorry for the bad Cop claim that was just entirely my fault but I can't believe you guys didn't get catch scum after I got us a scum Any advice for Cop play because this was my 2nd time playing Cop and first time getting a red check too.

I would give you advice, but I am possibly the worst cop/tracker player on TL.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 28 2015 01:01 GMT
#2475
On January 28 2015 09:51 DarthPunk wrote:
I just wanna point out to the obs qt heroes that although I definitely made mistakes. I am insanely hard to lynch. And intimidating in the thread.

I am pretty sure Rso would have called me mafia for days in the obs qt, but in the game she was too timid and second guessed herself and I think a large part of that is because lynching me is fucking hard and intimidating.

That is just my personal rationale behind it. Like Rso called me out for various things correctly since day 2.



Eh, I woulda gone for you for sure, but I knew that was why geript was still alive. It was...insanely...obvious...when he was not the NK.

I was not at all lying about why I wanted a NL lol.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 28 2015 01:02 GMT
#2476
I didn't think I could lynch you without geript's support, though. -swt-
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 28 2015 01:09 GMT
#2477
On January 28 2015 10:02 rsoultin wrote:
I didn't think I could lynch you without geript's support, though. -swt-


you're not wrong about that.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 28 2015 01:12 GMT
#2478
yeah, pretty sure I'm not. Maybe with damdred. his poe threw me off badly -_- and he certainly wasn't interested in going against you for any reason at least when I was in thead

like, that was the part that threw me off the most about him
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 28 2015 01:17 GMT
#2479
On January 28 2015 07:08 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2015 07:05 Eden1892 wrote:
btws look out for rsoultin. she good. bright future

apologies to warwaffle for being horribly afk during d1 and not being helpful

for next time i coach town: how to help my students not get bandwagoned at eod? happened to BOTH of them lmao

Rsoultin's issue literally was imo not reading/thinking. Like I explained 4-5-6-7 different things 4-5-6 different times and it never took. Like how Trfel could be mafia and not a good D1 lynch.

Also, FWIW, I don't like the Trfel check. I think that there were many other better checks at that point and Trfel was easily catchable. Next, don't fucking claim a check with the first post in a day. It literally makes the day like 90% worthless.


My interest was that he was the exception to the rule. Only mafia who wasn't a good lynch in your book. You kept saying you found reasons to read him both ways...which to me translates as null, not scum, so just drop him into the no-lynches.

I think the biggest problem is sometimes I don't articulate what I'm really trying to say correctly, so keep asking when the answer shows the question wasn't understood ><
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 28 2015 01:18 GMT
#2480
Should just drop it on the third iteration lol
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 128 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 250
MaxPax 202
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65738
Calm 4028
Shuttle 3399
Bisu 1746
FanTaSy 1517
EffOrt 703
Mini 594
Soma 479
Rush 448
Stork 340
[ Show more ]
Light 272
firebathero 255
Hyuk 235
Snow 204
ZerO 160
Soulkey 128
Barracks 111
actioN 110
Zeus 85
Last 80
Killer 70
Dewaltoss 68
hero 64
Mong 57
Pusan 50
Hyun 43
Shinee 41
Bale 37
Free 36
ToSsGirL 31
Shine 29
PianO 21
Sharp 21
Aegong 20
zelot 20
sorry 18
yabsab 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7258
Dendi805
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1277
kRYSTAL_117
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko449
Other Games
gofns47281
singsing2157
B2W.Neo697
hiko449
crisheroes293
byalli275
DeMusliM250
Livibee219
Hui .183
Liquid`VortiX131
Mew2King83
Rex54
ZerO(Twitch)14
Trikslyr1
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV255
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1121
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 12m
Replay Cast
8h 57m
OSC
1d 8h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 19h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.