• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:51
CEST 00:51
KST 07:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9559 users

Catastrophe Mafia - Page 47

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 317 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 03 2014 14:22 GMT
#921
On April 03 2014 23:21 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 23:19 marvellosity wrote:
On April 03 2014 23:18 Keirathi wrote:
On April 03 2014 23:14 IAmRobik wrote:
On April 03 2014 23:07 syllogism wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:59 IAmRobik wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:30 Palmar wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:19 IAmRobik wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:17 Palmar wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:14 IAmRobik wrote:
I hate that Palmar is town this game.


I learned new term in awful foreign land. ROBIK IS TMI-ING PRETTY HARD NOW.

Although I can't verify, not sure i'm town.

TMI = too much info?

Did I TMI when I called you out as mafia instantly? You still give me 0 fucking credit. Fucking pathetic

Initially, you think I'm weak. So you call me mafia.

Then you realize, I am strong. You must try to win my favor.

I am sorry Robik, I don't believe in violence. But we must investigate. Investigation shall be performed using a rope and a tree. I hope this does not come between us.

I mean. If you are town then you're trying to lynch another town, so that's playing against your win-con. I know mine says something along the lines of I win with town.

I don't need to win anyone's favor. I'm not here to make friends. I'm not here to make anyone feel good about themselves. I'm here because I like competition and because I want to win. I am town, thus I'm trying to solve the game. I don't think you're a strong player. I was told by Mattchew that you're good, but I didn't see any good town play from you in Foundations and I was able to determine that you were mafia based off of one measly sentence in Heavyweight Champ.

You are clearly smart so you know mafia is a game of incomplete information and thus townie attempting to lynch a townie is unavoidable. So why are you saying something like this? It looks off to me; something a carleess mafia is more likely to say than a smart townie.

As for the rest, the best way to win as either alignment is by making friends, even if just for the duration of the game.

That's all fine and dandy from your POV, but like -- I don't play that way. So you won't find me sucking up to people and trying to befriend them during the game. I'm gonna be aggressive. I'm gonna take weird fucking stances that no one is going to understand and I'm going to tell you what I'm thinking when I'm thinking it.

As for the first part of what you're saying -- I know mislynches happen, but fuck that. I never wanna mislynch and I never wanna be mislynched.

Just a hot tip: calling anyone who ever things you might be scum "fucking awful" and screaming about how you are "obvs 100% town" probably isn't the way to go about that.

Just sayin'.

I disagree, it's a fine strat.

Oh? How'd it work out for you in LVIII?

*Yes, I know you didn't get lynched. But you still ragequit and got modkilled

That was my choice though. And I've done the same thing in many other games to great success. Depending on your definition of "success" that is. The definition I'm using is the one where I can use the word in that context.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 03 2014 14:22 GMT
#922
On April 03 2014 23:19 Balla24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 23:19 Oatsmaster wrote:
Anyway whatever.
I really prefer lynching balla over practically anyone else at the moment. Does anyone want to join the wagon of justice?

YES YOU DO. HOP RIGHT ON!

####waaaaaaaaagonofjustice~~~~~~~

It would be infinitely preferable if you just actually played the game.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
April 03 2014 14:23 GMT
#923
On April 03 2014 23:19 Balla24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 23:19 Oatsmaster wrote:
Anyway whatever.
I really prefer lynching balla over practically anyone else at the moment. Does anyone want to join the wagon of justice?

YES YOU DO. HOP RIGHT ON!

####waaaaaaaaagonofjustice~~~~~~~

Are you reading the thread or just skimming? I asked you a questione earlier.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
April 03 2014 14:23 GMT
#924
But since your here balla anything to say? if your mafia don't post accept your fate of course.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 03 2014 14:23 GMT
#925
Anyways, for the record, I'm not really interested in lynching Balla right this minute. Mostly because everything he's done has fit with his pre-game "roll".

Random lynch = 100% neutral. He rolled true neutral.

I don't think it was constructive and the whole bit was dumb, but I just see it as more of him having fun with his roll than being scum.

Totes okay with waiting until he says more.

My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 03 2014 14:24 GMT
#926
On April 03 2014 23:23 iamperfection wrote:
But since your here balla anything to say? if your mafia don't post accept your fate of course.

NO. I am *so* bored of mafia rolling over.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
April 03 2014 14:24 GMT
#927
No robik, you dont get listened to because you go batshit insane every game at the slightest provocation.
Wanna lynch balla?
No gg, No skill.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
April 03 2014 14:25 GMT
#928
On April 03 2014 23:24 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 23:23 iamperfection wrote:
But since your here balla anything to say? if your mafia don't post accept your fate of course.

NO. I am *so* bored of mafia rolling over.

Who gives a shit. Just win baby.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
April 03 2014 14:26 GMT
#929
Why aren't you voting oats?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 03 2014 14:27 GMT
#930
On April 03 2014 23:25 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 23:24 marvellosity wrote:
On April 03 2014 23:23 iamperfection wrote:
But since your here balla anything to say? if your mafia don't post accept your fate of course.

NO. I am *so* bored of mafia rolling over.

Who gives a shit. Just win baby.

I give a shit. It's boring.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
April 03 2014 14:27 GMT
#931
On April 03 2014 23:23 syllogism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 23:19 Balla24 wrote:
On April 03 2014 23:19 Oatsmaster wrote:
Anyway whatever.
I really prefer lynching balla over practically anyone else at the moment. Does anyone want to join the wagon of justice?

YES YOU DO. HOP RIGHT ON!

####waaaaaaaaagonofjustice~~~~~~~

Are you reading the thread or just skimming? I asked you a questione earlier.


I read a bit, have stuff I will respond to I guess just in a while. Im keeping up in 2 minute intervals right now but after I get breakfast and shower and shit i'll be back~~
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 03 2014 14:28 GMT
#932
On April 03 2014 23:18 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 23:16 Palmar wrote:
On April 03 2014 23:15 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On April 03 2014 23:12 Palmar wrote:
On April 03 2014 23:11 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On April 03 2014 23:07 syllogism wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:59 IAmRobik wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:30 Palmar wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:19 IAmRobik wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:17 Palmar wrote:
[quote]

I learned new term in awful foreign land. ROBIK IS TMI-ING PRETTY HARD NOW.

Although I can't verify, not sure i'm town.

TMI = too much info?

Did I TMI when I called you out as mafia instantly? You still give me 0 fucking credit. Fucking pathetic

Initially, you think I'm weak. So you call me mafia.

Then you realize, I am strong. You must try to win my favor.

I am sorry Robik, I don't believe in violence. But we must investigate. Investigation shall be performed using a rope and a tree. I hope this does not come between us.

I mean. If you are town then you're trying to lynch another town, so that's playing against your win-con. I know mine says something along the lines of I win with town.

I don't need to win anyone's favor. I'm not here to make friends. I'm not here to make anyone feel good about themselves. I'm here because I like competition and because I want to win. I am town, thus I'm trying to solve the game. I don't think you're a strong player. I was told by Mattchew that you're good, but I didn't see any good town play from you in Foundations and I was able to determine that you were mafia based off of one measly sentence in Heavyweight Champ.

You are clearly smart so you know mafia is a game of incomplete information and thus townie attempting to lynch a townie is unavoidable. So why are you saying something like this? It looks off to me; something a carleess mafia is more likely to say than a smart townie.

As for the rest, the best way to win as either alignment is by making friends, even if just for the duration of the game.

Hey syllo. Robik is driven by emotion. You could even say you can take his posts and write "by: raynpelikoneet" below them. People who know his play and try to distract him with bullshit -> make him go emo and insane should be suspicious.

Which leads me to what are you doing Plammer? How does what you are doing help?

I am doing many things. Some of them you understand, some of them you don't. I fear most of them you don't.

So in your opinion it's better to:
1) make Robert mad and unreadable to about 80% of the people rather than;
2) let Robert do his thing and see if he makes sense and is town, or if he does not and he is scum??

Do you choose (1)? Because i think that's either really bad strategy if you are town or maybe you are not.


You see only black and white, but there is a middle ground.

I am expecting an explanation on scenario (3). Palmar.. rayn does not forget.
Let's say in 24 hours ok?

I don't accept your terms.
Computer says mafia
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
April 03 2014 14:29 GMT
#933
Play in the shower.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
April 03 2014 14:29 GMT
#934
On April 03 2014 23:24 Oatsmaster wrote:
No robik, you dont get listened to because you go batshit insane every game at the slightest provocation.
Wanna lynch balla?

I'd have to read him first. the only posts I remember are his first RL one and then the latest one. But whats-his-face just brought up a "good" point about the role neutral posts. That kinda makes the situation more difficult. But yes, if I remember correctly, I thought that balla was scummy to start the day
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
April 03 2014 14:29 GMT
#935
On April 03 2014 23:29 iamperfection wrote:
Play in the shower.

Good idea.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2014 14:33 GMT
#936
On April 03 2014 23:24 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 23:23 iamperfection wrote:
But since your here balla anything to say? if your mafia don't post accept your fate of course.

NO. I am *so* bored of mafia rolling over.

And still you complain if I say your games have been boring to observe.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2014 14:33 GMT
#937
This Thread needs more Koshi!
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
April 03 2014 14:34 GMT
#938
On April 03 2014 23:29 Balla24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 23:29 iamperfection wrote:
Play in the shower.

Good idea.

just never while driving
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
April 03 2014 14:35 GMT
#939
Balla read:

This is a weird opening post. Neither Rayn nor I were really going after each other, besides rayn trying to blow me up.
On April 03 2014 09:24 Balla24 wrote:
##SPLIT ROBIK AND RAYNPELIKONEET UP BEFORE SOMEONE GETS HURT


Then he does RL
Then he posts the person that he randed
Then he posts:
On April 03 2014 11:27 Balla24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 11:25 sandroba wrote:
I think we are moving along just fine balla, any reason why you think that's a particulary good idea or did you decide you were going to open up like this before the game?


No reason to take sides, if we have to lynch someone might as well be fair! This way everyone has an equal chance to be lynched! Woo ^_^

(I did not decide I was going to open like this pre-game)


Which, if we're taking into account his pre-game "roll", would fit that style of play


Then this post, which also fits that meta:
On April 03 2014 11:36 Balla24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 11:32 sandroba wrote:
Balla why is it interesting or beneficial for a lynch to be fair?


I did not claim this to be the case. Being fair is always nice though, for the people of course. What is interesting is not the fairness of the lynch but the attempts to make the lynch unfair.


Then wagon of justice.

All in all, I would think he was scummy, but taking into account pregame, I would hold off judgement temporarily to see how he plays moving forward
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 03 2014 14:39 GMT
#940
On April 03 2014 23:34 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 23:29 Balla24 wrote:
On April 03 2014 23:29 iamperfection wrote:
Play in the shower.

Good idea.

just never while driving

Do you have a shower in your car?

That sounds amazing.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 317 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O182
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft353
Nina 128
ViBE72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14984
ZZZero.O 182
firebathero 105
Hyuk 65
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm150
febbydoto70
League of Legends
Doublelift4000
Counter-Strike
Fnx 954
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5666
Other Games
summit1g8255
FrodaN2323
JimRising 455
mouzStarbuck440
KnowMe265
ArmadaUGS132
Mew2King53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1164
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• musti20045 34
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie787
• Shiphtur217
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 9m
INu's Battles
13h 9m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 9m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 9m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 9m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.