• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:49
CEST 06:49
KST 13:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7770 users

Catastrophe Mafia - Page 44

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 317 Next
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
April 03 2014 14:02 GMT
#861
On April 03 2014 22:32 syllogism wrote:
Robik your strategy of insulting players who have a mafia read on you is not helpful regardless of your alignment. From what I saw from you in another game, it's a waste of promising talent if this is going to be your approach from now on.

The accusations are absolutely baseless and that pisses me off. People have been trashing on my play and calling me mafia for my style of play since I got here. I'm not gonna instantly convert to the "TL standard" just to appease the masses. If that results in me getting mislynched, then that's the result. But fuck it if I don't go down fighting.

And ANYONE here who is town and gives a shit about winning this game and thinks that I'm mafia, feel free to review my play in Foundations and GSL vs my play in the latest newbie game. I am one of the worst mafia of all time. I fucking lurk. I sit quietly. I am afraid to step out of line. I try to emulate my town play but am terribly unsuccessful and recreating it.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 03 2014 14:02 GMT
#862
JESUS WHATS A GUY GOTTA DO TO GET ON A TOWNIE LIST UP IN THIS BITCH?!?!

Like at first I was like "Meh Palmar thinks I'm scum whatever" when I was catching up but seriously NO ONE thinks I'm town?! What a ripoff. Should we just start voting for me now and get it over with?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
April 03 2014 14:02 GMT
#863
No thats not what marv said at all. He just disproved holyflares extreme generalisation. Its streching it pretty far.
I dont think marv is scum. Marv scum looks better
No gg, No skill.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 03 2014 14:03 GMT
#864
When did Oats become so wise?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 03 2014 14:04 GMT
#865
On April 03 2014 22:59 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 22:30 Palmar wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:19 IAmRobik wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:17 Palmar wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:14 IAmRobik wrote:
I hate that Palmar is town this game.


I learned new term in awful foreign land. ROBIK IS TMI-ING PRETTY HARD NOW.

Although I can't verify, not sure i'm town.

TMI = too much info?

Did I TMI when I called you out as mafia instantly? You still give me 0 fucking credit. Fucking pathetic

Initially, you think I'm weak. So you call me mafia.

Then you realize, I am strong. You must try to win my favor.

I am sorry Robik, I don't believe in violence. But we must investigate. Investigation shall be performed using a rope and a tree. I hope this does not come between us.

I mean. If you are town then you're trying to lynch another town, so that's playing against your win-con. I know mine says something along the lines of I win with town.

I don't need to win anyone's favor. I'm not here to make friends. I'm not here to make anyone feel good about themselves. I'm here because I like competition and because I want to win. I am town, thus I'm trying to solve the game. I don't think you're a strong player. I was told by Mattchew that you're good, but I didn't see any good town play from you in Foundations and I was able to determine that you were mafia based off of one measly sentence in Heavyweight Champ.


Appeal to ego, noted.
Computer says mafia
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
April 03 2014 14:04 GMT
#866
On April 03 2014 23:02 Oatsmaster wrote:
No thats not what marv said at all. He just disproved holyflares extreme generalisation. Its streching it pretty far.
I dont think marv is scum. Marv scum looks better

If he's saying this then in a way he's soft defending me. Don't get it twisted...that is 100% a soft defense. Maybe he's doing it as town cause he's afraid to take a solid stance on me. Maybe he's scum doing it so that he doesn't have to take a solid stance on me being town. I don't know the exact rationale, but believe you me, this is DEFINITELY a soft defense.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 03 2014 14:04 GMT
#867
On April 03 2014 23:03 marvellosity wrote:
When did Oats become so wise?

The wisdom was always there - he just hid it under a crusty layer of antagonism.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 03 2014 14:04 GMT
#868
On April 03 2014 23:02 VisceraEyes wrote:
JESUS WHATS A GUY GOTTA DO TO GET ON A TOWNIE LIST UP IN THIS BITCH?!?!

Like at first I was like "Meh Palmar thinks I'm scum whatever" when I was catching up but seriously NO ONE thinks I'm town?! What a ripoff. Should we just start voting for me now and get it over with?

The backwards prophet called you mafia dear, the jig is up.
Computer says mafia
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
April 03 2014 14:05 GMT
#869
Defending himself hard instead of finding town/scum. Noted.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
April 03 2014 14:05 GMT
#870
On April 03 2014 23:04 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 22:59 IAmRobik wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:30 Palmar wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:19 IAmRobik wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:17 Palmar wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:14 IAmRobik wrote:
I hate that Palmar is town this game.


I learned new term in awful foreign land. ROBIK IS TMI-ING PRETTY HARD NOW.

Although I can't verify, not sure i'm town.

TMI = too much info?

Did I TMI when I called you out as mafia instantly? You still give me 0 fucking credit. Fucking pathetic

Initially, you think I'm weak. So you call me mafia.

Then you realize, I am strong. You must try to win my favor.

I am sorry Robik, I don't believe in violence. But we must investigate. Investigation shall be performed using a rope and a tree. I hope this does not come between us.

I mean. If you are town then you're trying to lynch another town, so that's playing against your win-con. I know mine says something along the lines of I win with town.

I don't need to win anyone's favor. I'm not here to make friends. I'm not here to make anyone feel good about themselves. I'm here because I like competition and because I want to win. I am town, thus I'm trying to solve the game. I don't think you're a strong player. I was told by Mattchew that you're good, but I didn't see any good town play from you in Foundations and I was able to determine that you were mafia based off of one measly sentence in Heavyweight Champ.


Appeal to ego, noted.

Cool. You can proceed to try to mislynch me now. Lead the town in the wrong direction. GOGOGOGOGO!
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 03 2014 14:05 GMT
#871
On April 03 2014 23:02 VisceraEyes wrote:
JESUS WHATS A GUY GOTTA DO TO GET ON A TOWNIE LIST UP IN THIS BITCH?!?!

Like at first I was like "Meh Palmar thinks I'm scum whatever" when I was catching up but seriously NO ONE thinks I'm town?! What a ripoff. Should we just start voting for me now and get it over with?

Zzzz don't tell me you're going to pull this whole "woe is me" shit again
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 03 2014 14:05 GMT
#872
Based holyflare <3
Computer says mafia
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
April 03 2014 14:06 GMT
#873
On April 03 2014 23:05 Holyflare wrote:
Defending himself hard instead of finding town/scum. Noted.

S'ok. if you're town, which I don't think you are, you can justify my mislynch after by saying "well he was scummy" just like all the other trashcan players do.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
April 03 2014 14:06 GMT
#874
On April 03 2014 23:02 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 22:32 syllogism wrote:
Robik your strategy of insulting players who have a mafia read on you is not helpful regardless of your alignment. From what I saw from you in another game, it's a waste of promising talent if this is going to be your approach from now on.

The accusations are absolutely baseless and that pisses me off. People have been trashing on my play and calling me mafia for my style of play since I got here. I'm not gonna instantly convert to the "TL standard" just to appease the masses. If that results in me getting mislynched, then that's the result. But fuck it if I don't go down fighting.

And ANYONE here who is town and gives a shit about winning this game and thinks that I'm mafia, feel free to review my play in Foundations and GSL vs my play in the latest newbie game. I am one of the worst mafia of all time. I fucking lurk. I sit quietly. I am afraid to step out of line. I try to emulate my town play but am terribly unsuccessful and recreating it.

Don't worry Robert. I feel you. Bright people get it. syllogism is bright.
table for two on a tv tray
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 03 2014 14:06 GMT
#875
Well you are scummy
Computer says mafia
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 03 2014 14:07 GMT
#876
On April 03 2014 23:04 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 23:02 VisceraEyes wrote:
JESUS WHATS A GUY GOTTA DO TO GET ON A TOWNIE LIST UP IN THIS BITCH?!?!

Like at first I was like "Meh Palmar thinks I'm scum whatever" when I was catching up but seriously NO ONE thinks I'm town?! What a ripoff. Should we just start voting for me now and get it over with?

The backwards prophet called you mafia dear, the jig is up.

Daniel is my bro and he's calling me scum for a misunderstanding - the pregame BS. There's nothing mafia-motivated in my wanting to push the button, and no "switch" has occurred this game because for the duration of this game I've been wanting to push the button. I think he'll see the truth with regard to me soon enough. You have 50 minutes remaining Palmar.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
April 03 2014 14:07 GMT
#877
On April 03 2014 23:04 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 23:02 Oatsmaster wrote:
No thats not what marv said at all. He just disproved holyflares extreme generalisation. Its streching it pretty far.
I dont think marv is scum. Marv scum looks better

If he's saying this then in a way he's soft defending me. Don't get it twisted...that is 100% a soft defense. Maybe he's doing it as town cause he's afraid to take a solid stance on me. Maybe he's scum doing it so that he doesn't have to take a solid stance on me being town. I don't know the exact rationale, but believe you me, this is DEFINITELY a soft defense.

No, hes not thinking about you at all when he made that post.
HF made a completely wrong generalisation and marv said ot was wrong in his case and asked for a response. Marv wants a read of HF, not defending you.
No gg, No skill.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 03 2014 14:07 GMT
#878
On April 03 2014 23:05 Holyflare wrote:
Defending himself hard instead of finding town/scum. Noted.

The fact that you're allying yourself with the person in the thread being the most disruptive and making the least sense should make you think twice. I don't know what you're doing, Holy.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
April 03 2014 14:07 GMT
#879
On April 03 2014 23:02 VisceraEyes wrote:
JESUS WHATS A GUY GOTTA DO TO GET ON A TOWNIE LIST UP IN THIS BITCH?!?!

Like at first I was like "Meh Palmar thinks I'm scum whatever" when I was catching up but seriously NO ONE thinks I'm town?! What a ripoff. Should we just start voting for me now and get it over with?


I thought you were town but then you wanted to press the button and you became scum!
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
April 03 2014 14:07 GMT
#880
On April 03 2014 22:59 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 22:30 Palmar wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:19 IAmRobik wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:17 Palmar wrote:
On April 03 2014 22:14 IAmRobik wrote:
I hate that Palmar is town this game.


I learned new term in awful foreign land. ROBIK IS TMI-ING PRETTY HARD NOW.

Although I can't verify, not sure i'm town.

TMI = too much info?

Did I TMI when I called you out as mafia instantly? You still give me 0 fucking credit. Fucking pathetic

Initially, you think I'm weak. So you call me mafia.

Then you realize, I am strong. You must try to win my favor.

I am sorry Robik, I don't believe in violence. But we must investigate. Investigation shall be performed using a rope and a tree. I hope this does not come between us.

I mean. If you are town then you're trying to lynch another town, so that's playing against your win-con. I know mine says something along the lines of I win with town.

I don't need to win anyone's favor. I'm not here to make friends. I'm not here to make anyone feel good about themselves. I'm here because I like competition and because I want to win. I am town, thus I'm trying to solve the game. I don't think you're a strong player. I was told by Mattchew that you're good, but I didn't see any good town play from you in Foundations and I was able to determine that you were mafia based off of one measly sentence in Heavyweight Champ.

You are clearly smart so you know mafia is a game of incomplete information and thus townie attempting to lynch a townie is unavoidable. So why are you saying something like this? It looks off to me; something a carleess mafia is more likely to say than a smart townie.

As for the rest, the best way to win as either alignment is by making friends, even if just for the duration of the game.
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 317 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft238
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta58
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft641
PiGStarcraft238
RuFF_SC2 190
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 195
Stork 186
Leta 105
PianO 69
Hyuk 61
Bale 15
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm206
League of Legends
JimRising 684
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox723
C9.Mang0268
Westballz42
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor617
Other Games
summit1g9434
Coldzera 820
Sick117
ViBE83
ArmadaUGS43
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick781
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 103
• Letter149
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2134
League of Legends
• Lourlo1101
• Stunt401
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 11m
Online Event
6h 11m
FEL
11h 11m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 11m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.