• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:18
CEST 19:18
KST 02:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)58Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8815 users

Catastrophe Mafia - Page 35

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 317 Next
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
April 03 2014 07:11 GMT
#681
Well I don't have chocolate chip cookies.

Do you think I actually have items to give out or not?
Also something you may want to keep in mind is I don't necessarily have to be town OR mafia in this game.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
April 03 2014 07:13 GMT
#682
On April 03 2014 16:09 Tehpoofter wrote:
Also my read on you is terrible? Are you not town? should I read what you're doing as more mafia/3p?

Your read can still be bad even if you come to the right conclusion. That is, after all, a mafia tactic. Your further explanation was a bit better but I'm still getting bad feels from you. Something about your entrance.

I'm going to put you on the backburner list-wise for now.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
April 03 2014 07:14 GMT
#683
my entrance was amazing anything else is a bad read by you sir.

Lets talk about other people in this game WoS what do you think about my Oats read? Robik read? you have experience with them?
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
April 03 2014 07:15 GMT
#684
I agree that you can come to the right read for the wrong conclusion but does that make me more mafia if I do something like that? or more town?

For the record I actually kinda hope you do have things to give out I'd say right now I think there is a 20% chance you do have goodies but I think like a 1% chance I'd get any.
Paperscraps
Profile Joined March 2010
United States639 Posts
April 03 2014 07:20 GMT
#685
.early this other each at dirt throwing be would scum that unlikely Seems .VE out calling is Robik that is though weird is What .IAmRobik on read his with agree somewhat I .far so doing is Tehpoofter what like I

.unusual play his find I ,about talked be not need that bond special a shard we Although .warranted t'wasn really it when ,me defended also He .awkward is it press to wanting to ,button the defending from switch His .game this scum be could VisceraEyes

.do can item the what on updated all you keep will I .ways uncontrollable and weird in affected being is speech my that is it having to downside The .power great of item an found have I ,searching my In
"Because in the end, the only way we can measure the significance of our own lives is by valuing the lives of others.” - David Gale
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
April 03 2014 07:20 GMT
#686
Alas, alack, I am off to bed.
Robik strikes me as town actually, but I really dislike what I have seen in terms of his play attitude-wise. Never played with him before. As far as your read on him, it's largely meta-based and comparing his play to video mafia is bad---the two are not even remotely similar. You also dribble off of your own read at the end where you say that the rage might just be because he has a temper and you weren't swayed by his case on iamp.

Oats I'm bad at reading, always have been. Played with him a ton. I can say for certain the things you called him town for he does as mafia as well. Oats' signature quote is 'Who's scum?'

Good night.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
April 03 2014 07:26 GMT
#687
On April 03 2014 16:20 WaveofShadow wrote:
Alas, alack, I am off to bed.
Robik strikes me as town actually, but I really dislike what I have seen in terms of his play attitude-wise. Never played with him before. As far as your read on him, it's largely meta-based and comparing his play to video mafia is bad---the two are not even remotely similar. You also dribble off of your own read at the end where you say that the rage might just be because he has a temper and you weren't swayed by his case on iamp.

Oats I'm bad at reading, always have been. Played with him a ton. I can say for certain the things you called him town for he does as mafia as well. Oats' signature quote is 'Who's scum?'

Good night.


Fair enough the robik read is definitely an early game read, and some things translate between video and forum mafia that I've noticed in people like Geript and VE so I wouldn't discredit it completely. Especially tonal/attitude reads.

I still like Oats. who is good at reading him?
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
April 03 2014 07:29 GMT
#688
On April 03 2014 16:20 Paperscraps wrote:
.early this other each at dirt throwing be would scum that unlikely Seems .VE out calling is Robik that is though weird is What .IAmRobik on read his with agree somewhat I .far so doing is Tehpoofter what like I

.unusual play his find I ,about talked be not need that bond special a shard we Although .warranted t'wasn really it when ,me defended also He .awkward is it press to wanting to ,button the defending from switch His .game this scum be could VisceraEyes

.do can item the what on updated all you keep will I .ways uncontrollable and weird in affected being is speech my that is it having to downside The .power great of item an found have I ,searching my In



PSA Read from the end of the paragraph Right to left bottom to top, I spent longer than I cared to admit figuring this out.

Can you pass off the item? Is there any other effects to it?
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 03 2014 07:40 GMT
#689
Oh hai the button defense stuff was pregame. Now that we're in business I thought I'd get down to business. I didn't defend you, Oats called you a smurf. It wasn't an accusation, it was a mistaken observation that I corrected when I saw it.

You just haven't seen me play forum mafia Paperscraps. Trust me, this is my town game.

Tell me what you think about LSB and raynpelikoneet at your earliest convenience.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
April 03 2014 08:04 GMT
#690
@VE hai bro! We both roll town again this game? Or do you have other things in mind? What do you think of joey's(killings) push early?


Rayn I don't have my normal read on yet but he said we couldn't lynch him and bump that fake confidence is lame.

LSB I'll read his filter but he didn't say anything I remember so null atm.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 03 2014 08:21 GMT
#691
On April 03 2014 16:20 Paperscraps wrote:
.early this other each at dirt throwing be would scum that unlikely Seems .VE out calling is Robik that is though weird is What .IAmRobik on read his with agree somewhat I .far so doing is Tehpoofter what like I

.unusual play his find I ,about talked be not need that bond special a shard we Although .warranted t'wasn really it when ,me defended also He .awkward is it press to wanting to ,button the defending from switch His .game this scum be could VisceraEyes

.do can item the what on updated all you keep will I .ways uncontrollable and weird in affected being is speech my that is it having to downside The .power great of item an found have I ,searching my In


He wrote VisceraEyes in red, I am convinced.

##Vote VisceraEyes
Computer says mafia
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
April 03 2014 08:29 GMT
#692
LSB has talked almost entirely about the button and nothing more. Not really sure how much that speaks to his alignment but he is really interested in it it seems not sure if its just flavor To me its all null at this point leaning slightly scummy as it could be a roll hunt type thing associated with the button.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
April 03 2014 08:31 GMT
#693
On April 03 2014 15:36 Tehpoofter wrote:
Why haven't we pushed the button yet? Seems like a good idea.

Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 12:50 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 03 2014 12:47 Keirathi wrote:
It seems like Killing's basic argument boils down to something like this:

*Teacher puts 2 math problems on the board*

Guy 1: "Can you explain that first one again? I don't get it."

Teacher: "Okay, here you go!"

Guy 1: "Thanks, I got it now."

...................

Guy 2: "Wait, why didn't you ask for the explanation to both the problems? WHAT IS GOING ON WHY ARE YOU FAKING IT?"

Guy 1: "Because I only didn't understand the first one."

Guy 2: "DIE SCUM LIAR".

Ok, but Guy 2 is a tool then.


Naa its just joey you're have to excuse him he's canadian. Ask him about numbers that gets his pee-pee going.


Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 11:34 Keirathi wrote:
FWIW, my problem with Robik is how hyper-sensitive he's been. One mention of his name and he's all like "Are you trying to kill me?" Or "Dandel is singling me out!" (which wasn't the case out all).

It's just super defensive for no reason. Is he just always like that?


Only when he's mafia.

Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 09:44 raynpelikoneet wrote:
ACtually i don't even care. I won't get lynched in a game where marv is too or if i do you can straight up lynch him next.


O really? Can't lynch you huh? ##Vote: Raynpelikoneet

This post feels awkward to me even as a troll. In the subsequent post you postulate that, based on your video mafia experience, robik is really excited as town and you aren't seeing that here yet. You have at least some previous forum mafia experience, so I've a hard time believing that you can't see the difference between the formats. Was your genuine expectation that Robik's post would immediately convey the same kind of excitement and do you actually think that he has "quit"? That is, do you think that Robik was serious when he said he "would be back on day 2"?
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
April 03 2014 08:35 GMT
#694
On April 03 2014 17:31 syllogism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 15:36 Tehpoofter wrote:
Why haven't we pushed the button yet? Seems like a good idea.

On April 03 2014 12:50 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 03 2014 12:47 Keirathi wrote:
It seems like Killing's basic argument boils down to something like this:

*Teacher puts 2 math problems on the board*

Guy 1: "Can you explain that first one again? I don't get it."

Teacher: "Okay, here you go!"

Guy 1: "Thanks, I got it now."

...................

Guy 2: "Wait, why didn't you ask for the explanation to both the problems? WHAT IS GOING ON WHY ARE YOU FAKING IT?"

Guy 1: "Because I only didn't understand the first one."

Guy 2: "DIE SCUM LIAR".

Ok, but Guy 2 is a tool then.


Naa its just joey you're have to excuse him he's canadian. Ask him about numbers that gets his pee-pee going.


On April 03 2014 11:34 Keirathi wrote:
FWIW, my problem with Robik is how hyper-sensitive he's been. One mention of his name and he's all like "Are you trying to kill me?" Or "Dandel is singling me out!" (which wasn't the case out all).

It's just super defensive for no reason. Is he just always like that?


Only when he's mafia.

On April 03 2014 09:44 raynpelikoneet wrote:
ACtually i don't even care. I won't get lynched in a game where marv is too or if i do you can straight up lynch him next.


O really? Can't lynch you huh? ##Vote: Raynpelikoneet

This post feels awkward to me even as a troll. In the subsequent post you postulate that, based on your video mafia experience, robik is really excited as town and you aren't seeing that here yet. You have at least some previous forum mafia experience, so I've a hard time believing that you can't see the difference between the formats. Was your genuine expectation that Robik's post would immediately convey the same kind of excitement and do you actually think that he has "quit"? That is, do you think that Robik was serious when he said he "would be back on day 2"?


So those were just funny trolls I had while reading the thread, the robik read developed. I know there is a difference between the two formats and my expectation or robik is that he calls a bunch of people town he came from forums and that is what he said is how he plays forums this is my first time playing with him so him not doing that causes me worry. And he came back with that weak case on iamp so to me hes the most scummy. I didn't even move my vote to him so its not a strong read at all just a place to start.
LoneMeow
Profile Joined June 2013
Finland1396 Posts
April 03 2014 08:38 GMT
#695
Gentle reminder about voting:

On March 26 2014 11:40 GreYMisT wrote:
Voting will be done in the vote thread.


You can find the voting thread here.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 03 2014 08:40 GMT
#696
Will probably not read this thread like ever btw.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 03 2014 08:40 GMT
#697
I have other things to do.
Computer says mafia
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
April 03 2014 09:20 GMT
#698
WaveofShadow: Do players have to specifically ask in order for you to give them items?
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
April 03 2014 09:28 GMT
#699
On April 03 2014 11:36 Balla24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 11:32 sandroba wrote:
Balla why is it interesting or beneficial for a lynch to be fair?


I did not claim this to be the case. Being fair is always nice though, for the people of course. What is interesting is not the fairness of the lynch but the attempts to make the lynch unfair.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the last sentence?
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 03 2014 10:12 GMT
#700
btw if anyone has a pm role, I'd love to hang out on IRC and chat.

If it's in a quicktopic, don't bother.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 317 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1163
SteadfastSC784
ComeBackTV 784
TaKeTV 548
IndyStarCraft 231
Rex131
EnkiAlexander 81
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 784
IndyStarCraft 231
ProTech135
Rex 131
BRAT_OK 45
UpATreeSC 33
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40725
Shuttle 788
Mini 390
Larva 360
Rush 351
Dewaltoss 110
Hyuk 85
firebathero 82
Mong 72
Trap 44
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 30
Sexy 28
Bale 19
Rock 18
Shine 16
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9573
qojqva1769
Counter-Strike
fl0m1438
Fnx 805
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1581
Khaldor1249
Other Games
hiko1335
FrodaN1294
Beastyqt347
DeMusliM259
ArmadaUGS217
XBOCT215
Mlord137
KnowMe131
C9.Mang0104
XaKoH 101
QueenE85
Mew2King74
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV234
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH310
• poizon28 39
• StrangeGG 35
• Hinosc 21
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3710
Other Games
• imaqtpie408
• Shiphtur328
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 42m
CranKy Ducklings
16h 42m
Online Event
17h 42m
FEL
22h 42m
AI Arena Tournament
23h 42m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.