• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:03
CEST 04:03
KST 11:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5226 users

TL Mafia Plays: Diplomacy - Page 34

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 54 Next
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
April 18 2016 16:57 GMT
#661
I don't have a strong opinion on replacing or not. Naturally I don't really want it since it would mainly hurt me (and Slam I guess), but not hugely really... Probably just delaying Germany's elimination for 1-2 turns or something? In any case, in normal (even ranked) games, replacing into a game can be done freely regardless of the players' wills. Usually nobody replaces if the situation is this dire though. In a sense, it's more of an inconvenience to a certain player (or players) rather than legitimately trying to win. I think it's okay to replace whenever you think it's a possible position to play, but if the only purpose is to affect the game balance without trying to win, it's a bit... Especially in ranked, you also lose some points for losing after replacing, so... Well, this is a friendly game, so it's not that important. My point being: there's little point in doing it, but I'm not strongly against it.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
April 18 2016 17:04 GMT
#662
On April 19 2016 01:57 Xatalos wrote:
I don't have a strong opinion on replacing or not. Naturally I don't really want it since it would mainly hurt me (and Slam I guess), but not hugely really... Probably just delaying Germany's elimination for 1-2 turns or something? In any case, in normal (even ranked) games, replacing into a game can be done freely regardless of the players' wills. Usually nobody replaces if the situation is this dire though. In a sense, it's more of an inconvenience to a certain player (or players) rather than legitimately trying to win. I think it's okay to replace whenever you think it's a possible position to play, but if the only purpose is to affect the game balance without trying to win, it's a bit... Especially in ranked, you also lose some points for losing after replacing, so... Well, this is a friendly game, so it's not that important. My point being: there's little point in doing it, but I'm not strongly against it.

Yeah as i said if Artanis wants to replace in he can do so, i just do not think it is fair. I am just gonna say that if i knew it was even an option here i would not have surrendered, and i think everyone who has any brain and has talked with me in the game would know what my intention atm would be.

JX knows this just as well as anyone else who is in the game, therefore him even trying to argue anything here is just complete nonsense.
table for two on a tv tray
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-18 17:40:49
April 18 2016 17:19 GMT
#663
I am honestly confused as to why you think it's unfair for somebody to replace a leaver, and I trying to understand this by looking for your reasons why.

3) Me surrendering and someone replacing in ONLY helps his circlejerk ass and whoever is under it, noone else. It literally hurts the people who i did make plans with if someone else takes my spot.


If you had plans to execute and you're so adamant of seeing it through maybe you shouldn't have left the game?

On April 19 2016 01:48 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2016 01:34 JieXian wrote:
I've made it explicitly clear that a replacement would benefit me. How is that bullshitting?

mhm....
Show nested quote +
The rationale for this goes as such: by surrendering as germany, everyone who is attacking germany has gained an unfair advantage over people who have to struggle with fighting a dying but live player (me and italy) hahaha

you sure did bro!!! you sure did!

Anyways, i don't care what the "diplomacy community" says. I think it is unfair to replace people into the game where surrendering is a legit option GIVEN YOU BY THE GAME ITSELF. It is equivalent to a mafia game where choosing to kill yourself is an option but when one does so, the host decides to replace the player with another player. It is definitely NOT equivalent to what you are claiming here.

idk, maybe i have just understood the purpose of the game wrong and diplomacy is not a game where people should try to win and win fair. Who knows...


You know, replacing a leaver is also an option given to everyone by the game and it takes more effort to program.


Anyways, i don't care what the "diplomacy community" says


Apparently you didn't get my thinly veiled mini insult earlier: "This is how "house rules" for popular games are born." You're just being childish.

For some reason you think that I'm still "playing the game" here. I am not, for the very fact that I discouraged Artanis from replacing until he showed me how keen he was and I was being his friend while letting people know I have a selfish reason for him joining, as little as an impact that would make.

Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-18 17:40:14
April 18 2016 17:39 GMT
#664
Retracted phone did not fully read.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-18 17:42:12
April 18 2016 17:40 GMT
#665
On April 18 2016 23:59 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2016 17:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On April 18 2016 17:33 mderg wrote:
why wouldn't it be allowed?

Because my moves have more or less affected to other player's moves and surrendering is a legitmate option in the game. If someone else comes to the game they come to the game with an entirely different mindset and it may screw over some players.. It's like letting a player who was killed by scum on N1 in a mafia game to replace another player on N3..

This.

Stop circle jerking and work toward a legitimate win.

Art, when all the powerful players are asking you to join, please do the underdogs a favor and don't take the insult just to further insult those who finally thought they had a chance.


Thank you for your comments Slam. Please note that my personal advise to Art was to NOT join, because I didn't think he'd enjoy it.

it's fair for Artanis to replace Rayn but i don't know why you would want to do it :D

it's more like joining a BW game when your opponent has 5 bases to your 2. Winning isn't impossible but it's unlikely.

i think it's more like facing a zerg with 5 gases and ultralistk defiler ling without tanks and vessels... and with each Terran unit the zerg kills they get a free unit of equivalent value. The situation of Germany is that dire :D


if you are going to pick on this point:

ART: I'm aware. If you guys prefer to just end the game with your current alliance though that's fine.

ME: The game isn't over yet and I think you should join but I don't know how replacements work Was just letting you know of the situation.


Do note that I didn't want to feel like I'm discouraging him from joining the game just because "I prefer to end the game with my current alliance". As mentioned earlier, I consider him my friend.
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 18 2016 18:19 GMT
#666
I expected drama, I got drama, I'm happy.
Shapelog
Profile Joined November 2015
United States5188 Posts
April 18 2016 18:29 GMT
#667
Looks like you guys need to practice some Diplomacy methods...
"Subsequently clicking post is like launching a doomsday's worth of nukes' equivalent in dopamine." -RB
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-18 18:52:19
April 18 2016 18:52 GMT
#668
On April 19 2016 03:19 mderg wrote:
I expected drama, I got drama, I'm happy.


mderg the coolcat still going strong :D
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
April 18 2016 21:19 GMT
#669
On April 19 2016 03:29 Shapelog wrote:
Looks like you guys need to practice some Diplomacy methods...

IKR? You join next game?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 18 2016 21:47 GMT
#670
On April 19 2016 03:52 JieXian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2016 03:19 mderg wrote:
I expected drama, I got drama, I'm happy.


mderg the coolcat still going strong :D

not sure about the going strong part but at least this game was a fun experience for me.
Shapelog
Profile Joined November 2015
United States5188 Posts
April 18 2016 22:43 GMT
#671
On April 19 2016 06:19 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2016 03:29 Shapelog wrote:
Looks like you guys need to practice some Diplomacy methods...

IKR? You join next game?

Idk, depends. It isn't voiced/mic right? If so, then I can't due to crappy internet.

If it is like turn based like a civ game, than totally I am up. Can learn to play, prob, in like 5 mins .
+ Show Spoiler +
I am picking Madagascar if so. Fucking get a army of my lemur brothers and just rekt everyone from behind, after a peaceful era.
[image loading]
MY LIFE FOR SHAPELOG!
"Subsequently clicking post is like launching a doomsday's worth of nukes' equivalent in dopamine." -RB
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
April 19 2016 00:05 GMT
#672
On April 19 2016 07:43 Shapelog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2016 06:19 Alakaslam wrote:
On April 19 2016 03:29 Shapelog wrote:
Looks like you guys need to practice some Diplomacy methods...

IKR? You join next game?

Idk, depends. It isn't voiced/mic right? If so, then I can't due to crappy internet.

If it is like turn based like a civ game, than totally I am up. Can learn to play, prob, in like 5 mins .
+ Show Spoiler +
I am picking Madagascar if so. Fucking get a army of my lemur brothers and just rekt everyone from behind, after a peaceful era.
[image loading]
MY LIFE FOR SHAPELOG!

Turn based
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
JustAnotherScummer
Profile Joined March 2016
165 Posts
April 19 2016 12:27 GMT
#673
On April 19 2016 09:05 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2016 07:43 Shapelog wrote:
On April 19 2016 06:19 Alakaslam wrote:
On April 19 2016 03:29 Shapelog wrote:
Looks like you guys need to practice some Diplomacy methods...

IKR? You join next game?

Idk, depends. It isn't voiced/mic right? If so, then I can't due to crappy internet.

If it is like turn based like a civ game, than totally I am up. Can learn to play, prob, in like 5 mins .
+ Show Spoiler +
I am picking Madagascar if so. Fucking get a army of my lemur brothers and just rekt everyone from behind, after a peaceful era.
[image loading]
MY LIFE FOR SHAPELOG!

Turn based

Sign me up for next game then.
[image loading]
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-19 18:04:30
April 19 2016 18:04 GMT
#674
On April 19 2016 06:47 mderg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2016 03:52 JieXian wrote:
On April 19 2016 03:19 mderg wrote:
I expected drama, I got drama, I'm happy.


mderg the coolcat still going strong :D

not sure about the going strong part but at least this game was a fun experience for me.

I meant emotionally

I just found out that rayn deleted me from skype
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
JustAnotherScummer
Profile Joined March 2016
165 Posts
April 19 2016 18:13 GMT
#675
Wait, Does this need skype? I'm so confused.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
April 19 2016 19:15 GMT
#676
On April 20 2016 03:13 JustAnotherScummer wrote:
Wait, Does this need skype? I'm so confused.

No it doesn't. It is just easier to communicate via IM's rather than the PM system the site offers.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
April 19 2016 19:22 GMT
#677
On April 20 2016 03:04 JieXian wrote:
I just found out that rayn deleted me from skype

Well we don't talk outside diplomacy anyways and i don't consider playing a game of diplomacy again with you so i am not sure why i wouldn't.
table for two on a tv tray
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
April 19 2016 19:59 GMT
#678
On April 20 2016 04:22 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2016 03:04 JieXian wrote:
I just found out that rayn deleted me from skype

Well we don't talk outside diplomacy anyways and i don't consider playing a game of diplomacy again with you so i am not sure why i wouldn't.

aïe
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
April 19 2016 20:02 GMT
#679
I mean it is nothing personal JX. I just don't feel like it's worth of my time to play with people who are playing for not to lose instead of playing to win.
table for two on a tv tray
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 19 2016 20:19 GMT
#680
On April 20 2016 03:04 JieXian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2016 06:47 mderg wrote:
On April 19 2016 03:52 JieXian wrote:
On April 19 2016 03:19 mderg wrote:
I expected drama, I got drama, I'm happy.


mderg the coolcat still going strong :D

not sure about the going strong part but at least this game was a fun experience for me.

I meant emotionally

I just found out that rayn deleted me from skype

In the end you just have to live with the way people play the game. And I know how I play the game, so there is not much that can surprise me.
Getting deleted from skype over a diplomacy game is something I also have experience with
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 198
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2562
NotJumperer 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever799
NeuroSwarm188
Other Games
summit1g8165
Coldzera 765
Day[9].tv746
JimRising 580
C9.Mang0380
PiGStarcraft202
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick867
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream344
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 124
• davetesta20
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv746
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
7h 57m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
21h 57m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.