• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:53
CEST 17:53
KST 00:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9772 users

TL Mafia Plays: Diplomacy - Page 36

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 54 Next
Shapelog
Profile Joined November 2015
United States5188 Posts
April 26 2016 17:48 GMT
#701
So I was sad to find out that I could not play as Madagascar.

Thankfully, I can settle for a turkey infantry. Gibble Gibble.
[image loading]
"Subsequently clicking post is like launching a doomsday's worth of nukes' equivalent in dopamine." -RB
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
April 26 2016 17:52 GMT
#702
There will be many games- I will start a new thread so we can get signups going (since DP is away) and possibly run two games if there is sufficient interest.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
April 26 2016 18:02 GMT
#703
I have signed some of you up in another thread already. Let me know if you disagree with my preemptive measures

Also I haven't included the current players but I am willing to bet we are up for another right? So let me know over there if you are and I'll start managing the signups. I am almost certain we can fill two games at this point, especially if we do some (not too much! don't want folks getting left out) recruiting.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
April 27 2016 08:40 GMT
#704
I see how diplomacy is an awesome game but I personnally don't like it. I prefer mafia by a huge margin. In mafia, there are a set of people that needs to lie in order to win, and hte goal of the other people is to find out the liars. I like that. I'm either looking for a liar or being one. It doesn't work like that in Diplomacy. I didn't like that you had to be double faced with everyobdy all the time.
TLDR it's not a game I enjoy but I gotta admit it's an awesome game.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
April 27 2016 13:41 GMT
#705
On April 27 2016 17:40 Rels wrote:
I see how diplomacy is an awesome game but I personnally don't like it. I prefer mafia by a huge margin. In mafia, there are a set of people that needs to lie in order to win, and hte goal of the other people is to find out the liars. I like that. I'm either looking for a liar or being one. It doesn't work like that in Diplomacy. I didn't like that you had to be double faced with everyobdy all the time.
TLDR it's not a game I enjoy but I gotta admit it's an awesome game.

To some extent that is true. The game is very different from mafia. Although you don't really have to be "double-faced" or lie. You just don't have to tell everything. Obviously you will end up lying or cutting off communication or something similar when you are planning on backstabbing people (which will happen anyways since it is the point of the game lol).

But you don't have to be double-faced before that. For example i never lied to anyone in last game before the turn i moved to Burgundy. Technically i (also) lied to mderg but i still didn't tell straight out say i will do something and then not do it. I just kinda umm... tried to make him believe i cannot help him and had to move differently while i probably didn't (well if i had known better what was going on far east i actually did).
table for two on a tv tray
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 27 2016 13:43 GMT
#706
On April 27 2016 17:40 Rels wrote:
I see how diplomacy is an awesome game but I personnally don't like it. I prefer mafia by a huge margin. In mafia, there are a set of people that needs to lie in order to win, and hte goal of the other people is to find out the liars. I like that. I'm either looking for a liar or being one. It doesn't work like that in Diplomacy. I didn't like that you had to be double faced with everyobdy all the time.
TLDR it's not a game I enjoy but I gotta admit it's an awesome game.


nh yeah that's what got me this last game lol the game before that i could be relatively open about my intentions but this one was so sneaky sneaky

prob won't return cause i'm just uncomfortable with the constant deception ^^
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 27 2016 13:43 GMT
#707
On April 27 2016 22:41 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2016 17:40 Rels wrote:
I see how diplomacy is an awesome game but I personnally don't like it. I prefer mafia by a huge margin. In mafia, there are a set of people that needs to lie in order to win, and hte goal of the other people is to find out the liars. I like that. I'm either looking for a liar or being one. It doesn't work like that in Diplomacy. I didn't like that you had to be double faced with everyobdy all the time.
TLDR it's not a game I enjoy but I gotta admit it's an awesome game.

To some extent that is true. The game is very different from mafia. Although you don't really have to be "double-faced" or lie. You just don't have to tell everything. Obviously you will end up lying or cutting off communication or something similar when you are planning on backstabbing people (which will happen anyways since it is the point of the game lol).

But you don't have to be double-faced before that. For example i never lied to anyone in last game before the turn i moved to Burgundy. Technically i (also) lied to mderg but i still didn't tell straight out say i will do something and then not do it. I just kinda umm... tried to make him believe i cannot help him and had to move differently while i probably didn't (well if i had known better what was going on far east i actually did).


to me that is being deceptive/lying soooooo
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
September 14 2019 05:28 GMT
#708
Let’s start this insanity once again
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 14 2019 09:29 GMT
#709
yeah i am in
table for two on a tv tray
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
September 14 2019 11:42 GMT
#710
Not sure I totally understand this but it's almost Risk forum format? If so I'll give it a go assuming another game doesn't interrupt.
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 14 2019 14:02 GMT
#711
Yeah, it's less time consuming than mafia in general. We usually play on playdiplomacy.com.
table for two on a tv tray
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
September 15 2019 20:35 GMT
#712
I'm down.
Life?
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
September 15 2019 23:44 GMT
#713
I'll play too.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
September 16 2019 02:24 GMT
#714
Sweet, more than halfway!

Just need a couple more
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
September 17 2019 09:20 GMT
#715
count me in
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 17 2019 12:38 GMT
#716
Slam
rayn
Eversince ?
shockeyy
Grack
mderg

one more (or two depending on ES)
table for two on a tv tray
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
September 18 2019 01:21 GMT
#717
I will play
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 18 2019 04:02 GMT
#718
game name: TL Mafia 9
password: lynchbait

orders/retreat/build all 24 hrs

game will start when we have 7 players in
table for two on a tv tray
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-18 06:39:25
September 18 2019 06:38 GMT
#719
I'm for sure up to give it a try if I can get hotspot, I might miss some deadlines though...

You just hosting on discord?
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
September 18 2019 14:16 GMT
#720
Currently page 11 or 12 of active games. That changes rapidly of course.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech153
Codebar 32
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1141
Mini 935
Soma 642
actioN 500
ggaemo 414
Rush 366
Light 343
Larva 292
Stork 269
Horang2 254
[ Show more ]
BeSt 250
Snow 203
hero 174
Barracks 154
Killer 111
Shine 105
firebathero 104
Dewaltoss 92
Aegong 86
Sea.KH 75
Zeus 74
Sexy 48
Shinee 44
soO 37
Sharp 35
JYJ 34
sorry 33
Liquid`Ret 32
ToSsGirL 28
zelot 22
Bale 22
Rock 16
Trap 16
Terrorterran 11
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
Gorgc8191
qojqva2109
Dendi791
420jenkins168
Counter-Strike
fl0m1173
Fnx 672
x6flipin430
edward60
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5228
Other Games
singsing1483
B2W.Neo954
byalli500
Khaldor434
Lowko361
Mlord322
DeMusliM199
ceh9162
Liquid`VortiX153
KnowMe138
ArmadaUGS124
Trikslyr43
BRAT_OK 18
Railgan6
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV218
BasetradeTV195
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream188
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH207
• StrangeGG 66
• mYiSmile119
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 24
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV352
League of Legends
• Nemesis2651
• Jankos1776
• TFBlade768
Other Games
• Shiphtur169
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 7m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 7m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.