• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:02
CEST 14:02
KST 21:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9083 users

TL Mafia Plays: Diplomacy - Page 37

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 54 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 18 2019 14:17 GMT
#721
On playdiplomacy.com. I am not sure if playing is the wisest decision in case you think youre gonna miss turns since missing even one turn puts you in a HUGE disadvantage and can straight out lose you the game. Furthermore because of the nature of the game if you cant be a reliable ally for anyone (aka other people can't rely on you doing moves) the chances are people wont want to ally you because the other option is "easy to grab because not moving", and that is pretty much the point of the game, to kill other people.
table for two on a tv tray
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
September 19 2019 00:27 GMT
#722
I joined
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
September 19 2019 02:53 GMT
#723
On September 18 2019 23:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On playdiplomacy.com. I am not sure if playing is the wisest decision in case you think youre gonna miss turns since missing even one turn puts you in a HUGE disadvantage and can straight out lose you the game. Furthermore because of the nature of the game if you cant be a reliable ally for anyone (aka other people can't rely on you doing moves) the chances are people wont want to ally you because the other option is "easy to grab because not moving", and that is pretty much the point of the game, to kill other people.

I'd second this.

The time commitment for diplomacy is lower than mafia since you don't have much that you need to read, but it's really important that you submit orders every cycle. Missing moves in diplomacy puts you at a much bigger disadvantage compared to missing a vote in mafia.
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
September 19 2019 05:16 GMT
#724
Okok, I think it is best if I just hold off for now then. I got a call from library today about pickup request, so maby is hotspot and I can play. How long do games usually go on for? It might not matter because could be a book I requested in (I'm in a network library that has erhm.... want to say 46-47 locations I can pull from surrounding area? (not super sure on that, almost everything is about 20-50 miles because unless I get a ride I don't drive basically ever. (I'm super super not ok with trashing the one place we have to like... erhm... live, my contribution mean basically nothing, but it making me feel like I care :p)

Anywhos I got sidetracked there, if I can get hotspot if the game times fit in schedule I will join! Trip to town is almost 2 hours though for me (closest branch) so I can't afford to sink 2+ whatever time I spend playing into schedule now ! If I have to use phone I'm definitely out, I can get 'ok' reception sometimes but sometimes I spend entire days without it :/...
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-19 17:55:26
September 19 2019 17:53 GMT
#725
Shockeyy needs to join the game and we also need one more player!!

On September 19 2019 14:16 Eversince wrote:
How long do games usually go on for?

Some weeks.

if I can get hotspot if the game times fit in schedule I will join!

Okay, if you think you can play please do. I think we'll do first come first serve for the last spot so we can get this started at some point.
table for two on a tv tray
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-19 19:11:00
September 19 2019 19:08 GMT
#726
I tried signing up and never got a verification email

Never mind, it literally just came in now.
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
September 19 2019 19:13 GMT
#727
I'm going to play without understanding the basic rules of the game, does that sound good?

Otherwise I'll just pass and let Ever play
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
September 19 2019 22:32 GMT
#728
On September 20 2019 04:13 Conversion wrote:
I'm going to play without understanding the basic rules of the game, does that sound good?

Otherwise I'll just pass and let Ever play

My first and only times playing were with TL guys like 5 years ago, it'll be fine
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
September 20 2019 02:38 GMT
#729
People seem to be having a hard time signing up?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 20 2019 03:39 GMT
#730
On September 20 2019 04:13 Conversion wrote:
I'm going to play without understanding the basic rules of the game, does that sound good?

It's okay, there is an orders solver where you can check if your moves are legit and if you wanna know how something works just ask, noone will lie to you.
table for two on a tv tray
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
September 20 2019 05:34 GMT
#731
On September 20 2019 12:39 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2019 04:13 Conversion wrote:
I'm going to play without understanding the basic rules of the game, does that sound good?

It's okay, there is an orders solver where you can check if your moves are legit and if you wanna know how something works just ask, noone will lie to you.

If they do, it will be when they’re about to win anyway or they’ll lose trust and therefore lose entirely.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 20 2019 12:06 GMT
#732
It's pretty cheap if someone tries to win by not telling a first-time-player how to move their units in general in case tehy ask lol.
table for two on a tv tray
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
September 20 2019 12:46 GMT
#733
cool, just wanted to make sure people were ok with me not knowing what the fuck is going on most of the time.

I’ll head into the room today
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
September 20 2019 14:47 GMT
#734
Anyone have better help to offer ShoCkeyy than me?

I think I suck at tech support because he still isn’t in the game ...
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
September 20 2019 15:35 GMT
#735
What's he having issues with? Joining or signing up?
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 20 2019 16:14 GMT
#736
What's his problem? If it with account creation the confirmation email you'll get will definitely go to your junk/trash mail folder.
table for two on a tv tray
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
September 20 2019 17:13 GMT
#737
Joining
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-20 20:02:20
September 20 2019 20:02 GMT
#738
huh, interesting.

all I did was go to think link https://www.playdiplomacy.com/games.php?subpage=joinable&first=1

and under Advanced filter options -> Game Title: searched TL Mafia 9, entered the password (lynchbait) and joined the game

if that's what you're telling him though, I have no idea what might be wrong :D
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
September 20 2019 20:55 GMT
#739
On September 21 2019 05:02 Conversion wrote:
huh, interesting.

all I did was go to think link https://www.playdiplomacy.com/games.php?subpage=joinable&first=1

and under Advanced filter options -> Game Title: searched TL Mafia 9, entered the password (lynchbait) and joined the game

if that's what you're telling him though, I have no idea what might be wrong :D

No I am not this precise

I said
“Check junk folder”

“You should see this message: (message)”

“No then you didn’t join try again (link to game)”
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 21 2019 00:32 GMT
#740
yes

i did

^insert pictere"'

lets facu

we kill, we kill, lol come one how

we go we can. we can. ooooonoooooo. we "wan", pfffffff in gho no..... wow
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV416
Rex81
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko366
ProTech130
Rex 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33217
Hyuk 1299
Jaedong 1046
actioN 558
Soma 423
Horang2 385
Soulkey 332
BeSt 325
Mini 296
EffOrt 295
[ Show more ]
Larva 280
Light 221
Stork 211
910 207
Last 182
Zeus 176
Snow 145
Rush 135
ggaemo 108
Pusan 83
ZerO 67
Mind 50
Yoon 50
Creator 42
Mong 41
Free 37
hero 36
Shinee 35
Killer 35
Sharp 32
Bale 28
sorry 22
HiyA 18
yabsab 17
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc8089
Dendi487
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1574
markeloff106
kRYSTAL_35
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2808
Khaldor1009
Other Games
gofns34965
singsing1835
B2W.Neo313
XBOCT311
Pyrionflax263
DeMusliM225
byalli112
Mew2King94
ArmadaUGS53
ZerO(Twitch)7
hiko2
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 228
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream164
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH319
• StrangeGG 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1467
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
58m
The PondCast
21h 58m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.