• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:32
CEST 22:32
KST 05:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7155 users

[C][M][T] Survivor Series Mafia - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 26 Next All
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 08:44 GMT
#1347
I am a butterfly
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 08:50 GMT
#1348
Mafia is so much more fun when you're about to die. No pressure, just go with the flow.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 08:53 GMT
#1350
On February 11 2014 16:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
I could totally lynch yamato for that vote too


Let's discuss it for a bit, and for the moment let's assume I'm town, because that's actually important for the discussion at hand.

Why does this vote make yamato scum? Does it make sense for scum-yamato to do this? Given the assumption that marv is not the one who's going to die from the nomination, why on earth would scum-yamato place his vote on the one person that is most likely to be alive to give him a hard time later in the game.

I'm not saying he can't be scum, it's just food for thought.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 08:55 GMT
#1352
On February 11 2014 17:51 Koshi wrote:
How are you dieing?


I don't know yet, but when the time comes I'll be ready.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 09:03 GMT
#1356
On February 11 2014 17:58 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 17:53 Palmar wrote:
On February 11 2014 16:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
I could totally lynch yamato for that vote too


Let's discuss it for a bit, and for the moment let's assume I'm town, because that's actually important for the discussion at hand.

Why does this vote make yamato scum? Does it make sense for scum-yamato to do this? Given the assumption that marv is not the one who's going to die from the nomination, why on earth would scum-yamato place his vote on the one person that is most likely to be alive to give him a hard time later in the game.

I'm not saying he can't be scum, it's just food for thought.

I don't understand what you being town has to do with it. But yamato being town will be judged on how he returns to thread after his 72h porck-chop cooking. I got him as town for his "big" post with the quoting of other people somewhere in the middle of the day and a decent filter. And the emotions at the end of lynch.

Don't know if scum yamato is still the 1-2 hardtry posts into nothingness like it was when he rolled a lot of scum 6 months ago. But atm I got yamato as town.

Oats is just being wrong. again.


I don't agree with Oats's conclusion, but that doesn't really make it invalid.

What I need is a thought process, to understand why he just did what he did.

1. Oats reads post
2. *something here*
3. Oats wants to lynch yamato.

I need Oats to fill in the blank. What specifically about that vote makes yamato lynch-worthy.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 09:06 GMT
#1358
On February 11 2014 18:04 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 17:53 Palmar wrote:
On February 11 2014 16:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
I could totally lynch yamato for that vote too


Let's discuss it for a bit, and for the moment let's assume I'm town, because that's actually important for the discussion at hand.

Why does this vote make yamato scum? Does it make sense for scum-yamato to do this? Given the assumption that marv is not the one who's going to die from the nomination, why on earth would scum-yamato place his vote on the one person that is most likely to be alive to give him a hard time later in the game.

I'm not saying he can't be scum, it's just food for thought.

So assuming the vote is there because he wants to lyncch marv, he isnt doing shit to make that happeb. Its the only vote on marv and now, looks like he doesnt give a shit which one out of the three dudes die.
Scum yamato might do this because he expects to use the reasoning "why would I do this if im scum bla bla". Honestly though, if hes scum he wont get lynched just because of a shoddy vote so its possible he isnt thinking about the long term. What do you think Palmar?


I think scum prefer safe play over most everything else. Sure it's entirely possible yamato anticipated someone noticing how little sense the vote on marv makes sense from a mafia perspective.

But at face value (ie: disregard wifom) this vote by itself is not scummy. And I'm surprised you'd try to portray it as such.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 09:15 GMT
#1364
I'm awful beyond earlygame tbh. I'm quite good at day 1 reads usually, but beyond that I tend to just try to lynch whoever thinks I'm scum because I'm a dumbass and I think everyone should always know I'm town when I'm town.

I need to confirm this, but initial reading of rayn's filter makes me think it's very, very unlikely he's mafia. I'm even contemplating asking people to lynch me over him, if unwilling to lynch marv.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 09:31 GMT
#1369
Maybe scum wants me dead because I want them dead (hi ve, geript etc)
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 09:32 GMT
#1371
This conversation is making Kosher look pretty good btw, I like his train of thought.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 09:37 GMT
#1372
On February 11 2014 18:32 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 18:15 Palmar wrote:
I'm awful beyond earlygame tbh. I'm quite good at day 1 reads usually, but beyond that I tend to just try to lynch whoever thinks I'm scum because I'm a dumbass and I think everyone should always know I'm town when I'm town.

I need to confirm this, but initial reading of rayn's filter makes me think it's very, very unlikely he's mafia. I'm even contemplating asking people to lynch me over him, if unwilling to lynch marv.

There is a post of you out there that says geript, marv, VE, rayn, holyfare, yamato are scum. Oats/WoS town.

Could you explain those reads? and the progression to current times?


Gonna give you the brief version.

geript I think everyone understands why I want to lynch. Also notice how he has absolutely no presence in the thread since it became clear he wasn't getting lynched. He's like superscum and I still want to lynch him.

VE had, and still has no impact on the game and seems relatively content about it. He has driven no discussion or pushed no ideas hard. In general whenever I don't think VE is town, he's scum.

marv at the time had thrown out a really lazy read on Oats that may have been legit, but he made no effort to present it in concise enough manner for anyone to pick up on it. I gave Oats townie points and marv scum points for that interaction, although obviously my reads have changed since.

rayn I just felt like wasn't really saying much, and I think I was wrong now that I've spent some time reading him.

holyflare at the time was inactive.

WoS just writes so much... he's gotta be town.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 09:51 GMT
#1376
Here's some extra informations. I'm going to post what I thought of each player when I entered the game. (The game started I think on page 5 and I noticed it had started on page... 12? 13?). as these are my personal quick notes, I will mark anything I need to clarify in italics.

VisceraEyes
- he did that singyy thing.

This is probably the worst scumtell ever, but VE tends to do little nervous twitches like that when he's scum. I'm referring to this post:

On February 08 2014 09:42 VisceraEyes wrote:
I love town! And I hate the mafiaaaaaaaaa!


the drawn out aaaa at the end is to no one else but me a scumtell for VE. I don't expect anyone to buy this part, but hey, this is what I noted.


Rayn
- idk... first post maybe bad?

Can't even remember what I'm referring to. In hindsight there's nothing wrong with his inital post(s)

Alakaslam
- First post kinda bad
- Nice question about geript's vote thing.

WoS
- Kinda weird first post
- better later

Holyflar
- Good entrance ^^

I'm referring to this post: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=20749533

geript
-instavotes weaklings

Vayne
- Good point about mutually exclusive, I'm a fan

This post: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/postmessage.php?quote=113&topic_id=442512

Oats
- Good question but fairly generic, re: geript vote

Corazon
- idk

yamato
- opens only trolling, but always bad and aids anywaya

Risen
- flip-flopped on his own opinion immediately. looks good enough

I'm talking about this:

On February 08 2014 15:44 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2014 15:15 yamato77 wrote:
On February 08 2014 15:07 yamato77 wrote:
Slam trolling , alignment indicative?

The one game I thought I could read him as town he was mafia. Is his town play intentionally unreadable? Slam meta solved.

In case it isn't clear, I'm being sarcastic.

I'm more leaning towards Alaka/Cora being scum mates.


On February 08 2014 15:45 Risen wrote:
EBWOP: Nvm. Seems stupid now that I've aired the thought. Stupid because why would they do that? And not a why would scum do that but then they do it etcetc, just a why would anyone do that and no one is going to put thought into something like that.






yes I know some players are missing ^^

Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 09:52 GMT
#1377
Note those reads aren't up to date, it's what I felt 12 pages into the game. I'll add more current thoughts as I have time.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 09:53 GMT
#1378
On February 11 2014 18:51 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 18:32 Palmar wrote:
This conversation is making Kosher look pretty good btw, I like his train of thought.

Well done, you got there eventually.


Got where?

Not much has changed, I've not wanted to lynch Alakaslam/Kosher the entire game.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 09:58 GMT
#1380
On February 11 2014 18:54 marvellosity wrote:
Alright, is your masterplan to keep on pointing out how townies look townie or something?


I don't understand, is this a bad thing?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 10:03 GMT
#1382
Why wouldn't we?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 10:16 GMT
#1383
On February 11 2014 19:01 marvellosity wrote:
Never mind.

Do we get a vote this phase?


Feel free to actually continue your train of thought. Why did you congratulate me on "getting there".
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 10:26 GMT
#1387
On February 11 2014 19:24 marvellosity wrote:
no, I don't care. And i'm not enjoying this game and you two seem happy to play.

##Vote: marvellosity


lol dude.

What's wrong with this game?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 10:35 GMT
#1390
Well whatever you feel like dude

##vote marvellosity

Do you care enough to answer some questions about how to proceed? The most important one is how strong is your townread on rayn. I'm pretty sure he's town, but you know the guy better than I do, and it'd make my life a lot easier to be certain he's town.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 10:40 GMT
#1392
Just looking for confirmation here, respond in your own time.

I've said I don't think Koshi is mafia, while you pointed out something as "Odd", I still get the overall feeling that you also think he's town. Is this correct interpretation/memory of your thoughts?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 11 2014 10:46 GMT
#1395
On February 11 2014 19:44 Koshi wrote:
totes town. Also totes sad with this move by marv.


I'm actually sort of okay with it, marv is a better scumplayer than rayn or I so the 0.00001% chance one of us is scum is marv. And marv seems to be genuinely okay with answering questions about his reads, which is great for bouncing ideas.

Btw we're down to nine people then (me, cora, marv, rayn, koshi are town).

need to figure out how to eliminate more.

Let's discuss Risen next. Kosher please feel free to join in as much as you can.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 512
ProTech144
BRAT_OK 95
Railgan 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1476
Dewaltoss 123
Trap 26
Bale 14
Dota 2
420jenkins527
Counter-Strike
fl0m4240
Fnx 613
minikerr1
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4508
Liquid`Hasu744
Other Games
summit1g4936
Liquid`RaSZi2166
FrodaN795
B2W.Neo533
XaKoH 254
ToD203
C9.Mang0169
RotterdaM82
QueenE69
UpATreeSC67
Mew2King34
PPMD25
JuggernautJason17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV217
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream16
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21117
Other Games
• Shiphtur1041
• imaqtpie829
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 28m
Patches Events
19h 28m
The PondCast
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.