• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:45
CEST 15:45
KST 22:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8646 users

[C][M][T] Survivor Series Mafia - Page 58

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 176 Next
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 10 2014 22:30 GMT
#1141
On February 11 2014 06:30 Holyflare wrote:
I just want to know the nominations.... -.- Feel like this dawn thing is kinda pointless as the optimal play is to NOT mention who you think is town like everyone (including rayn who said he agreed with this) has been doing.

Also, wave, wtf are you doing? You just went through gracks filter and pointed out everything I had already brought to light to then reach.... no conclusion, yet, that was the thing you criticised/questioned me for?

Also your post which has pre-flip associations in it shouldn't at all after your last 2 games:

(Vengeful Mafia)

Show nested quote +
On February 07 2014 08:41 WaveofShadow wrote:
On February 07 2014 08:36 Cephiro wrote:
On February 07 2014 08:25 LSB wrote:
I am deeply concerned about Cephiro trying to get a townie to offer themselves as a sacrifice to get me shot. I know that I am a townie, so this falls under my "worst case scenario of townie shooting townie" argument.

This is incredibly different from Marv/HF who are both asking people to lynch them so they can pull the trigger themselves. Unless they are bluffing (which applies more to HF than Marv) mafia should never offer themselves as a sacrifice.


1) I have merely pointed out my suspicions on you and referred to you as my preferred lynch target since I was asked of that specific question.

2) If you are scum, there is no reason for scum to shoot you. I am not in need of tempting another townie to get to shoot you, I am just fine doing it myself.

I figure it would be best to talk cooperatively among town who they want to keep around for lategame to ensure the best possibilities of winning. As you might have noticed, I am in no rush to make decisions about who to lynch or who to shoot this cycle, neither was I during last cycle.

This is also a reason why I'm sad that Prome was the one to take the shot, since I would have preferred him to stay alive later in the game, and had an more unsure read take the shot.

@Wave: It's suboptimal play. Why guess if we can have facts? Certainly it might not even become a deciding factor of any sorts, but why take the risk? Why not go for the guaranteed information?

Disagree.
We have direct control over a lynch, not who gets shot. The shooters can technically do whatever they want despite what they may say, and they may or may not mean they're scum. If we lynch two people who then shoot town, and then game doesn't end either way, then we know one of them was scum---the only thing that the 'guaranteed' information matters is for association cases, which I have very little faith in lately.


(Shadow Mafia)
Show nested quote +
I've kidna forgotten about Toad so I dunno where I am on that. Thinking of it now I figure much of our downfall this game has been association so I don't think I want to start looking into waht pairs make sense and what don't.

We REALLY should be lynching on merits alone, and then once we have a flip we can start attempting to associate (but even then I'd lean towards solo analysis).


So why did you start out the game with pre-flip associations in your mind when you know that it hasn't been working out for you and even said you don't want to do it in previous 2 games?

Phoneposting
You should read what I wrote. First of all, not mainly basing anything on association, but I'm mentioning it anyway. I still have a scum read on geript, that hasn't changed.
As for my conclusion on grack, if you'd read what I wrote, I said conclusion Iis pending based on his answer to my question which he hasn't given me. The bad prefliip business does not on its own influence what I think about either of them, and does not contradict at all what I'm doing

Palmar ignoring me again
Love it
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 10 2014 22:49 GMT
#1142
yeah sorry dude you just write so much.
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 23:44 GMT
#1143
On February 11 2014 03:39 Risen wrote:
I'm guessing a setup nomination to get rid of me. Completely nonsensical people being put up.

can't tell if srs
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
February 10 2014 23:45 GMT
#1144
"let's get rid of those possible mislynches for late game" - scum 2014
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
February 10 2014 23:45 GMT
#1145
On February 11 2014 08:44 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 03:39 Risen wrote:
I'm guessing a setup nomination to get rid of me. Completely nonsensical people being put up.

can't tell if srs

Was a joke about how nonsensical night kills mean Risen's mafia lol
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 23:47 GMT
#1146
I don't get it Risen but I'll take your word for it :p

Just reading the VE stuff, VE never thinks that "normally" for people calling what he was saying a "stretch". Town-VE had an exceptionally convoluted triple-bus theory for quite some time in Shadow.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
February 10 2014 23:48 GMT
#1147
On February 11 2014 08:47 marvellosity wrote:
I don't get it Risen but I'll take your word for it :p

Just reading the VE stuff, VE never thinks that "normally" for people calling what he was saying a "stretch". Town-VE had an exceptionally convoluted triple-bus theory for quite some time in Shadow.


not sure his mindframe was the same as this one though
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
February 10 2014 23:48 GMT
#1148
On February 11 2014 08:47 marvellosity wrote:
I don't get it Risen but I'll take your word for it :p

Just reading the VE stuff, VE never thinks that "normally" for people calling what he was saying a "stretch". Town-VE had an exceptionally convoluted triple-bus theory for quite some time in Shadow.

Was he right?
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 23:49 GMT
#1149
On February 11 2014 04:48 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 02:06 marvellosity wrote:
I wish Palmar would stop pushing weird things.

INTERLUDE. TERRIBLE META COMPARISON OF THE DAY:
On May 22 2013 01:11 WaveofShadow wrote:
Why does it feel like you're the only one who's ever around for me to interact with marv?

On February 09 2014 15:15 WaveofShadow wrote:
Fuck this I probably should just assume marv is town every game and just lick his asshole because he's often the only one that bothers to read anything I write.

Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 02:29 Palmar wrote:
Best use of meta I've seen.

I'm totally off the WoS=town wagon now.

Is this a fucking bait?
Because just tell me now so I don't rage even harder than I'm about to. I HATE being baited.
Are you REALLY using meta on me from almost a YEAR ago that not only proves absolutely nothing and ignores all circumstances of the games in which they take place, but also completely ignores my evolving reads on you in the games we've played together since?

Like last time someone pulled this terrible meta shit completely unabashedly it was scum Palmar in Thug life, and hey, what do you know, Palmar is here agreeing with marv for some ungodly reason.

Like...I really don't understand the point of this nor do I even think I fully understand the meta comparison you're trying to make.

Am I overreacting and is this a joke? Because if so I'm not sure I get it.


Are you seriously reacting exactly the same way as mafia-DP to a totally obvious joke-meta post?

Like srsly.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 23:49 GMT
#1150
On February 11 2014 08:48 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 08:47 marvellosity wrote:
I don't get it Risen but I'll take your word for it :p

Just reading the VE stuff, VE never thinks that "normally" for people calling what he was saying a "stretch". Town-VE had an exceptionally convoluted triple-bus theory for quite some time in Shadow.

Was he right?

no, these theories are almost never right.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
February 10 2014 23:50 GMT
#1151
nominations in 40 minutes right?
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 23:50 GMT
#1152
I mean, I literally said "interlude, terrible meta comparison of the day"

how can anyone believe that is serious?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
February 10 2014 23:51 GMT
#1153
On February 11 2014 08:50 marvellosity wrote:
I mean, I literally said "interlude, terrible meta comparison of the day"

how can anyone believe that is serious?


why are you telling us about obvious scum :o
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 23:52 GMT
#1154
Because I'm reading the thread and I like to comment on things that make me incredulous/amuse me/are important
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
February 10 2014 23:53 GMT
#1155
he didn't even react that angrily to toad's shittest case on him in shadow, this overreaction at koshi (who he thinks is scum) is totally unlike any wave that i've checked up on and his reaction to the rest of the thread is.... the same.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 23:55 GMT
#1156
On February 11 2014 05:42 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 04:49 Palmar wrote:
In sake of fairness, it's actually quite uncharacteristic for me to accept a wagon I don't feel good about. generally I'm all like "I never vote townies, no compromises". so VE isn't wrong.

Like, arguably Palmar "didn't think Cora was town", but my opinion is that his posting looks like he doesn't even care if he's town or not, and the fact is that the Cora wagon was fast and it LOOKED like a town wagon. And that's a problem for me, because of the post above.

As an aside, mafia-Palmar will do what you're expecting town-Palmar to be doing.

reference: Rock Band. ScumPalmar threw a bitchfit that town was lynching prplhz on day 1 and refused to vote for him. So when you're expecting Palmar to do something as town, it's also something he mimics as mafia too, which definitely weakens the point considerably imo.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
February 10 2014 23:55 GMT
#1157
Yeah and he buddied me.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
February 10 2014 23:56 GMT
#1158
EBWOP: Is joke. No kill plz <3
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 11 2014 00:00 GMT
#1159
The central accusation that rayn and I made against Wave still stands, specifically his non-attitude towards the main wagon in Cora + the stuff surrounding that.

Also how post-lynch he is "well i had my vote on scum and i know it" to "I'm dropping this now because you guys say so" even though that didn't stop him at all before.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 11 2014 00:03 GMT
#1160
By the way, Wave, I haven't intentionally antagonised you at all, I've called you out on what I think is bullshit just like I do in every single game we play together.

Indeed one reason you were suspicious of me in Shadow is because i hadn't customarily slapped you down...
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 671
ComeBackTV 489
SteadfastSC371
TaKeTV 277
Rex113
IndyStarCraft 75
EnkiAlexander 44
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 371
ProTech122
Rex 113
IndyStarCraft 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44231
Bisu 2471
Horang2 1354
Shuttle 922
EffOrt 784
Hyuk 605
BeSt 569
Soma 528
Light 401
Mini 399
[ Show more ]
Larva 328
Rush 231
ZerO 209
Mong 88
Leta 85
Snow 76
Pusan 52
ToSsGirL 47
Mind 47
Sexy 42
JYJ 35
Aegong 29
Bale 21
Terrorterran 20
sorry 19
Noble 13
Rock 11
Icarus 9
Trap 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6583
Counter-Strike
Fnx 784
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1493
Khaldor1027
Lowko429
Other Games
singsing2028
hiko1678
olofmeister1479
Beastyqt455
B2W.Neo454
Livibee188
XaKoH 183
Hui .144
Liquid`VortiX119
ArmadaUGS79
Mew2King75
djWHEAT65
QueenE23
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV162
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream104
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 30
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2523
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 15m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 15m
Online Event
21h 15m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.