• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:06
CEST 21:06
KST 04:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7829 users

[C][M][T] Survivor Series Mafia - Page 17

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 176 Next
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
February 08 2014 23:22 GMT
#321
EBWOP: But beyond that I don't see how anyone can have a scum read on him. Explain.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 08 2014 23:23 GMT
#322
I'm not "starting" with anything, you are. I'm waiting for you to do something rather than fling shit at him.

Btw I saved this post on my readthrough
On February 08 2014 22:01 WaveofShadow wrote:
I start talking about VE and geript which I think is pretty clear.
Then your entrance introduced policy which actually interests me but the buddying withh marv looks bad to me

As far as policy itself I don't follow the strategy so I want clarification
And I found it interesting that you and yamato find it towny but geript is completely opposed to it, but since I don't understand the strategy behind it I can't really determine what a dichotomy like that indicates
If you're looking for conclusions on alignment then I'm sorry to disappooint you <12h into D1. Not enough feels yet

because the bolded bit is really bad. People buddy with me all the time and I buddy with people all the time. rayn and I quite happily buddy & work together, see the first edition of LXIV for a really obvious example where we 69ed in PMs and rayn pushed me as mayor even though I'd not done much in the thread.

rayn saying "let's find mafia together to me" does not warrant you saying that it looks bad to you.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 08 2014 23:24 GMT
#323
People can read Oats, Risen, just because you cannot does not mean other people shouldn't talk about it.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
February 08 2014 23:25 GMT
#324
On February 09 2014 08:10 marvellosity wrote:
Also Koshi, talk to me about your VA read properly please. Because I may have been thinking similar things but I want to know if my similar things are actually your similar things or not.

He is all serious and stuff. And the things he says are so strange. I am having no fun when I read VA. He is evil.
I had a good night of sleep.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 08 2014 23:26 GMT
#325
On February 09 2014 08:25 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2014 08:10 marvellosity wrote:
Also Koshi, talk to me about your VA read properly please. Because I may have been thinking similar things but I want to know if my similar things are actually your similar things or not.

He is all serious and stuff. And the things he says are so strange. I am having no fun when I read VA. He is evil.

ok, these were the things I thought too.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
February 08 2014 23:27 GMT
#326
On February 09 2014 08:26 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2014 08:25 Koshi wrote:
On February 09 2014 08:10 marvellosity wrote:
Also Koshi, talk to me about your VA read properly please. Because I may have been thinking similar things but I want to know if my similar things are actually your similar things or not.

He is all serious and stuff. And the things he says are so strange. I am having no fun when I read VA. He is evil.

ok, these were the things I thought too.

Pretty sure you were thinking he is evil as well then.
I had a good night of sleep.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 08 2014 23:28 GMT
#327
That was the implication behind my original question, yes
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
February 08 2014 23:53 GMT
#328
Was my answer sufficient enough so that you protect me against WoS for D1?
I had a good night of sleep.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 08 2014 23:57 GMT
#329
Naw, you have to fight your own battles. We both know that lazy Koshi can just be a cover from scumKoshi.

And while I agree about VA it feels kinda thin. Which isn't your fault but I don't really want to vote him for just that atm.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 09 2014 00:03 GMT
#330
On February 09 2014 08:23 marvellosity wrote:
I'm not "starting" with anything, you are. I'm waiting for you to do something rather than fling shit at him.

Btw I saved this post on my readthrough
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2014 22:01 WaveofShadow wrote:
I start talking about VE and geript which I think is pretty clear.
Then your entrance introduced policy which actually interests me but the buddying withh marv looks bad to me

As far as policy itself I don't follow the strategy so I want clarification
And I found it interesting that you and yamato find it towny but geript is completely opposed to it, but since I don't understand the strategy behind it I can't really determine what a dichotomy like that indicates
If you're looking for conclusions on alignment then I'm sorry to disappooint you <12h into D1. Not enough feels yet

because the bolded bit is really bad. People buddy with me all the time and I buddy with people all the time. rayn and I quite happily buddy & work together, see the first edition of LXIV for a really obvious example where we 69ed in PMs and rayn pushed me as mayor even though I'd not done much in the thread.

rayn saying "let's find mafia together to me" does not warrant you saying that it looks bad to you.

It's not really bad at all. I am inherently untrustworthy of buddying, whether with me or anyone else. I often buddy to some degree with VE in games and even then I second-guess myself constantly as to motivations. I would think especially after coming off of two strong wins scum would want to buddy with a town-marv, and if you're scum then it doesn't really say a lot I don't think.

Buddying in general however brings me to Koshi.
His best buddy of all time is in this game, and yet Koshi has made no attempt to do his usual insane (and no offense) annoying buddying with Rayn. Up until only recently when I voted for him, Koshi has not commanded the attention and the usual joyfulness at rolling town that he does---only now have I seen a semblance of the carefree attitude he normally has. Before this he has been avoiding answering questions, being purposefully lazy and unhelpful.

I hosted SMB mafia with Dandel recently and Grack came up with this read on scum Koshi that was spot on D1.
On January 17 2014 14:02 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2014 13:53 thrawn2112 wrote:
Oats said your reasoning for voting Koshi was a joke, and that you have real reasons. Is this true, and why do you think Oats said that?

That was my real reason. Koshi is usually more invested in the game and it feels really off to me that he is both not present in thread and doesn't seem to be having as much fun in the game as he normally does.


Yes, a lot of it based on meta and feels, but they're strong feels.


twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
February 09 2014 00:05 GMT
#331
I haven't rolled town in a while so it's easy to see why people might have a scumread on me so far, but I have to re-adjust my play constantly to avoid giving away tells
I come in for the scraps
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 09 2014 00:07 GMT
#332
Now the issue I have here is the eventual explanation of Koshi's VA read/vote.
The reasoning I originally was asking him about is the same thing marv and Koshi just referred to---put simply, scumVayne cares way more about a game than townVayne, and his early posting was enough that it actually showed just a little effort, enough to make me raise my eyebrows at it. I asked Koshi because I wanted to know if he picked up on it, which it seems he had, but the explanation was not offered.
Instead this was given
On February 09 2014 05:18 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2014 04:18 Risen wrote:
Reasoning?

Show nested quote +
On February 08 2014 11:25 VayneAuthority wrote:
I'd say the mafia team would not bother chatting with eachother this early, if they have even showed up at all. Can probably put mutually exclusive brackets on geript(wave,yamato)

Show nested quote +
On February 08 2014 11:10 VayneAuthority wrote:
if im reading this correctly, the first thing that sticks out to me is that mafia only gets one kill chosen solely by them, so I would keep a close eye on who they decide to kill. can't really waste that on WIFOM is a town is dominating.

+
No anger vs geript.

none of which he bothered explaining when I asked.

The problem here is VA has since apparently agreed with my 'feels' read of Koshi before I bothered to show a great deal of reasoning, and has activity or whatever could be referred to as activity has fallen off. The two of them having scumreads on each other makes it slightly perplexing.

Marv, are you going to leave Koshi to fight his own battle or would you like to comment on any of the above?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 09 2014 00:09 GMT
#333
Wanna buddy up WoS and Risen?
Computer says mafia
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 09 2014 00:09 GMT
#334
Not particularly.
VE, I believe you were also asking for rationale on Koshi.
Thoughts?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 09 2014 00:11 GMT
#335
Actually for that matter anyone can comment.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
February 09 2014 00:13 GMT
#336
typically a lot of people like to do that as scum including myself, it's easy to just go through and quote stuff and say it is bad. pretty much the easiest cases to make as scum. He did it in our last game on mig and such in w/e that game was
I come in for the scraps
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 09 2014 00:13 GMT
#337
Palmar if you'd like to talk, actually we can do that---will you be around in a couple hours?
Sorry for spam
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
February 09 2014 00:23 GMT
#338
On February 09 2014 09:09 Palmar wrote:
Wanna buddy up WoS and Risen?

Sure why not. I don't have the best feelings about WoS just because he tried to buddy me, though. So that's probably paranoia. I'm working on it.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
February 09 2014 00:26 GMT
#339
Grackaroni replaces OdinOfPergo effective right now
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
February 09 2014 00:27 GMT
#340
Hi
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 211
ProTech170
JuggernautJason36
CosmosSc2 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21326
Shuttle 704
White-Ra 139
Hyuk 115
Dewaltoss 99
firebathero 72
Trap 45
ToSsGirL 26
Sacsri 20
Bale 17
[ Show more ]
Rock 16
Dota 2
Gorgc10086
qojqva1382
Counter-Strike
fl0m1515
Fnx 865
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King92
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2927
Khaldor1216
crisheroes1131
Liquid`Hasu517
Other Games
summit1g4649
FrodaN1648
Beastyqt373
XBOCT259
C9.Mang0171
ArmadaUGS169
QueenE79
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV260
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH342
• StrangeGG 73
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 12
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie877
• Shiphtur315
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 55m
CranKy Ducklings
14h 55m
Online Event
15h 55m
FEL
20h 55m
AI Arena Tournament
21h 55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.