• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:11
CEST 01:11
KST 08:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9389 users

[C][M][T] Survivor Series Mafia - Page 18

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 176 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 00:48 GMT
#341
boo. Odin would have been so much easier to read.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 00:52 GMT
#342
On February 09 2014 09:03 WaveofShadow wrote:
Buddying in general however brings me to Koshi.
His best buddy of all time is in this game, and yet Koshi has made no attempt to do his usual insane (and no offense) annoying buddying with Rayn.
Up until only recently when I voted for him, Koshi has not commanded the attention and the usual joyfulness at rolling town that he does---only now have I seen a semblance of the carefree attitude he normally has. Before this he has been avoiding answering questions, being purposefully lazy and unhelpful.

Koshi's first post of the game:
On February 09 2014 02:14 Koshi wrote:
Hi all. Read everything xcept latest 5 messages. Atm at party and will release all my reads when home. I can tell you 1 thing. I had the sickest townread on slam. He is totes town for sure. Also yamato post on Risen post was hilarious.

rayn's last, and only, since Koshi's first post:
On February 09 2014 02:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
One question Cora. You said you ahev a rough idea of Slam's playstyle, but in the same sentence you also said you don't know if this is something that is normal for him (the early vote) and ask about it. Why would you ask that because (1) if you have a rough idea of his playstyle how come you don't know if it's normal to him or not and (2) it's probably the easiest thing to check by yourself?

[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 00:56 GMT
#343
Palmar, why are you voting for a townie?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 09 2014 00:57 GMT
#344
I see no reason to think he's a townie.
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 00:59 GMT
#345
That was a boring response.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 01:00 GMT
#346
On February 09 2014 07:01 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2014 06:58 geript wrote:
On February 09 2014 06:53 Palmar wrote:
On February 08 2014 11:32 Oatsmaster wrote:
What are you hoping your vote will achieve geript? No one is gonna lynch va just because of that.

Its not useful to discuss the nomination mechanic now so dont


On February 08 2014 12:54 geript wrote:
##unvote
##vote Oats

Stupid question bro. I put my vote where I wanna.


Are you denying this happened? I mean feel free to attack my conclusion, but you can't attack my premise, that's just dumb.

Also, I don't care what you think about "how players normally are". I'm not going to let people get away with doing stuff on "meta".

No. It happened. You're trying to skew my purpose behind it in a scummy light. Do you deny that you've had scumreads on Oats before for lack of activity.


Well my conclusion was that it wasn't productive, as I said in my post. I mean you may think it was but to me what you did was not productive at all. Now we can debate whether or not it's reasonable to make the jump from "unproductive" to "scummy".

There's no reason that unproductive might come from town?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 09 2014 01:03 GMT
#347
On February 09 2014 07:21 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2014 07:08 Palmar wrote:
Also, I'm still waiting for you to answer Risen's question about why you should be considered obvious-town. I'm expecting a bit of self-analysis where you point out why certain actions or posts can only be explained by you being town. And don't use meta, I don't give a shit about meta.

How the fuck am I not supposed to use meta.


How do you think people play mafia with people they don't know well?

On February 09 2014 07:21 geript wrote:I've literally been intentionally interacting with people to get a read on them. Like the Scooby doo post with Alakaslam. The best way to read him now and always is to determine whether or not he's having fun in the game. Like if he's carefree and having fun then he's town; as scum he gets all tense and freezes up. So my point was to get a series of interactions with him where I could tell the difference. The fact that he replaced out bothers me and I'm not quite sure what to think of it.


This is fair, it's obviously a bit dumb, but I guess the story makes sense.

On February 09 2014 07:21 geript wrote:Then there's the Oats thing which I've already covered. There's the activity thing which you seem content to ignore completely despite the fact that it's true.


You say you've "covered" the Oats thing, but I still don't understand why you couldn't just answer Oats the question at the time. I mean you've now explained why you did what you did, and since you changed your vote in the same post you refused Oats an answer, your "poke" was no longer valid, so I still struggle with why you feel like you have to be a dick.

On February 09 2014 07:21 geript wrote:Hell, I even wanted to understand how VE was intending to approach Cora as I figured it'd help me give a read on him. Like I pick and probe so that I can get reads


You said something like "treat cora like geript is in the game (tm)". I have no idea what that even means.

On February 09 2014 07:21 geript wrote:
I'm literally like the simplest person to read ever. The fact that people can't ever even fucking read me right is so frustrating when i was so fucking stoked to just be able to play a fucking game again.


You think you're easy to read, but because you fucking insist on being a dick and intentionally do stupid and bad things, you're not. It's objectively bad to do some of the things you've done. If you want to be easy to read, be less of a dick and less disruptive.

That all being said I need to consider. I have no opinion on Marv yet but he seems to think you're town... so idk. Please come back to the thread more useful and less asshole.
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 01:04 GMT
#348
Thing is, Palmar, I like your "who sees themselves as obv town" question because it's kooky, and I thnk in a good way.

I'm not sure I agree on what you've done for the results. In my experience town are far more likely to think they look obv-town and mafia rarely think that way, even as a joke response. I constantly say I'm obv-town as town and can almost never make myself say it as mafia, as a joke or otherwise.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 09 2014 01:04 GMT
#349
On February 09 2014 10:00 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2014 07:01 Palmar wrote:
On February 09 2014 06:58 geript wrote:
On February 09 2014 06:53 Palmar wrote:
On February 08 2014 11:32 Oatsmaster wrote:
What are you hoping your vote will achieve geript? No one is gonna lynch va just because of that.

Its not useful to discuss the nomination mechanic now so dont


On February 08 2014 12:54 geript wrote:
##unvote
##vote Oats

Stupid question bro. I put my vote where I wanna.


Are you denying this happened? I mean feel free to attack my conclusion, but you can't attack my premise, that's just dumb.

Also, I don't care what you think about "how players normally are". I'm not going to let people get away with doing stuff on "meta".

No. It happened. You're trying to skew my purpose behind it in a scummy light. Do you deny that you've had scumreads on Oats before for lack of activity.


Well my conclusion was that it wasn't productive, as I said in my post. I mean you may think it was but to me what you did was not productive at all. Now we can debate whether or not it's reasonable to make the jump from "unproductive" to "scummy".

There's no reason that unproductive might come from town?


It shouldn't. I'm not saying it couldn't, but it shouldn't.

I mean you always have to work around or with people that just don't even try. The hard part is realizing who's mafia and who's just an asshole.
Computer says mafia
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 09 2014 01:04 GMT
#350
On February 09 2014 09:23 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2014 09:09 Palmar wrote:
Wanna buddy up WoS and Risen?

Sure why not. I don't have the best feelings about WoS just because he tried to buddy me, though. So that's probably paranoia. I'm working on it.

Giving you a townread is trying to buddy you?
k.

On February 09 2014 09:48 marvellosity wrote:
boo. Odin would have been so much easier to read.

Agreed. All dem scummers replacing out.
On February 09 2014 09:52 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2014 09:03 WaveofShadow wrote:
Buddying in general however brings me to Koshi.
His best buddy of all time is in this game, and yet Koshi has made no attempt to do his usual insane (and no offense) annoying buddying with Rayn.
Up until only recently when I voted for him, Koshi has not commanded the attention and the usual joyfulness at rolling town that he does---only now have I seen a semblance of the carefree attitude he normally has. Before this he has been avoiding answering questions, being purposefully lazy and unhelpful.

Koshi's first post of the game:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2014 02:14 Koshi wrote:
Hi all. Read everything xcept latest 5 messages. Atm at party and will release all my reads when home. I can tell you 1 thing. I had the sickest townread on slam. He is totes town for sure. Also yamato post on Risen post was hilarious.

rayn's last, and only, since Koshi's first post:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2014 02:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
One question Cora. You said you ahev a rough idea of Slam's playstyle, but in the same sentence you also said you don't know if this is something that is normal for him (the early vote) and ask about it. Why would you ask that because (1) if you have a rough idea of his playstyle how come you don't know if it's normal to him or not and (2) it's probably the easiest thing to check by yourself?


I'm sorry, but does Rayn need to be in thread for Koshi to send a message to Rayn or talk about him?

Palmar did you want to talk? I'm here.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 01:04 GMT
#351
btw I don't think geript is clearly town, I was fishing from you.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 01:06 GMT
#352
Wave, inane buddying tends to happen in real time, rather than randomly in single posts that aren't being responded to.

Shouldn't have to spell that out.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 09 2014 01:07 GMT
#353
On February 09 2014 10:04 marvellosity wrote:
Thing is, Palmar, I like your "who sees themselves as obv town" question because it's kooky, and I thnk in a good way.

I'm not sure I agree on what you've done for the results. In my experience town are far more likely to think they look obv-town and mafia rarely think that way, even as a joke response. I constantly say I'm obv-town as town and can almost never make myself say it as mafia, as a joke or otherwise.


I specifically asked people not to troll the response. So I am assuming geript's opinion of himself is genuine. His later outburst actually supports that, so that's consistent. I don't think it was a joke response.

So yeah, it's entirely plausible geript just has a really hard time realizing how shit his posting is because he's caught up in trying to be a badass (why do so many people here want to be badasses?).
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 09 2014 01:08 GMT
#354
The eternal question of mafia.

Bad, or scum?
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 01:09 GMT
#355
you did indeed, I forgot that. which makes it more likely that geript genuinely believed what he said, somehow.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 09 2014 01:10 GMT
#356
On February 09 2014 10:06 marvellosity wrote:
Wave, inane buddying tends to happen in real time, rather than randomly in single posts that aren't being responded to.

Shouldn't have to spell that out.

I disagree with that completely.
Look here:
On February 08 2014 14:47 geript wrote:
Also, where's my wubbybumpkins. His kid should be asleep.

There should be nothing stopping a town Koshi from saying 'Hey Rayn is in this game, I should send him something super upbeat and friendly in thread!'
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 01:11 GMT
#357
you're dumb then.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 01:11 GMT
#358
Pushing the argument that two people who haven't even been in the thread at the same time as each other should be buddying is just... terrible.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 01:12 GMT
#359
"I'm suspicious of rayn for buddying marv"

"I'm suspicious of Koshi for not buddying rayn"

pro job wave.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 09 2014 01:12 GMT
#360
Nope.
Fail to see anything terrible about it marv.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft32
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 84
ViBE74
PiGStarcraft32
SpeCial 15
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 172
Hyuk 58
Noble 50
NaDa 24
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm144
League of Legends
Doublelift4393
Counter-Strike
minikerr6
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox195
Mew2King67
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5057
Khaldor737
Other Games
summit1g8387
FrodaN1943
Coldzera 775
shahzam513
JimRising 365
C9.Mang0285
KnowMe227
ZombieGrub94
ArmadaUGS68
Trikslyr42
PPMD33
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick489
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH366
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21070
Other Games
• imaqtpie768
• Shiphtur184
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 49m
Online Event
11h 49m
FEL
16h 49m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 49m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.