• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:50
CEST 01:50
KST 08:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12758 users

Newbie Mini Mafia LII - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26 27 Next All
Amiko
Profile Joined February 2014
United States1725 Posts
February 16 2014 05:46 GMT
#81
edit by post: sorry, Lord Tolkien put the post about innocent child, I got it confused with his vote
Beneather
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada451 Posts
February 16 2014 06:14 GMT
#82
On February 16 2014 13:48 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2014 13:29 Beneather wrote:
On February 16 2014 13:09 Lord Tolkien wrote:
I really do need to watch Arrested Development.

im not mafia gaiz, pls no lynch

Also, don't we get a mod post on the innocent child? Or are there none.


That's something mafia say !

##VOTE Lord Tolkien

##vote Beneather

Which part?


The part with " im not mafia gaiz, pls no lynch " seems scummy to me.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Day[9} <3
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
February 16 2014 06:16 GMT
#83
On February 16 2014 13:49 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2014 13:15 Cavalinho wrote:
On February 16 2014 13:09 IAmRobik wrote:
okok, you're town. I rescind.

##unvote cavalinho


That was...A rather poor reaction to what was obviously a joke vote.

huh? I cleared you as town for your response.


Oh, so I'm clear now. Cool.

Hey guys, I'm clear.
Spectaticle
theDragoon
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada307 Posts
February 16 2014 07:06 GMT
#84
Nice, we finally got this started, all that early voting made me lol a bit. Gonna hit the sack soon, see ya'll tomorrow
OnceKing
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States939 Posts
February 16 2014 07:21 GMT
#85
On February 16 2014 15:16 Cavalinho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2014 13:49 IAmRobik wrote:
On February 16 2014 13:15 Cavalinho wrote:
On February 16 2014 13:09 IAmRobik wrote:
okok, you're town. I rescind.

##unvote cavalinho


That was...A rather poor reaction to what was obviously a joke vote.

huh? I cleared you as town for your response.


Oh, so I'm clear now. Cool.

Hey guys, I'm clear.

aite he claimed town friends
i think hes town
"Every man has his follies - and often they are the most interesting thing he has got."
Beneather
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada451 Posts
February 16 2014 07:28 GMT
#86
So anyone who claims town is town ? :O
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Day[9} <3
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
February 16 2014 07:58 GMT
#87
no...anyone who makes the post he made in response to my post is town. Anyway. theDragoon is actually scum

#vote theDragoon
OnceKing
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States939 Posts
February 16 2014 08:09 GMT
#88
ya absolutely correct beneather
thats the way this game works right
"Every man has his follies - and often they are the most interesting thing he has got."
Valenius
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1266 Posts
February 16 2014 16:37 GMT
#89
So, out of the group that are playing now.. Who's played on these forums before?
Beneather
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada451 Posts
February 16 2014 17:47 GMT
#90
On February 17 2014 01:37 Valenius wrote:
So, out of the group that are playing now.. Who's played on these forums before?

I have but a really long time ago so I'm pretty much a newbie.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Day[9} <3
N1k0
Profile Joined June 2011
Uruguay1075 Posts
February 16 2014 19:36 GMT
#91
Cool this started, sup guys.
p.d: No idea what we should be doing on day 1.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
February 16 2014 19:58 GMT
#92
On February 17 2014 04:36 N1k0 wrote:
Cool this started, sup guys.
p.d: No idea what we should be doing on day 1.

we should be lynching scum. unless you're scum. in which case, please bus your teammates to make my life easier.
OnceKing
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States939 Posts
February 16 2014 20:05 GMT
#93
Alright guys, here's what I think -- Amiko is lookin' awfully shady.

Why? Look at his introductory post. What do you immediately note about it? Probably that it's huge (relative to the rest of the posts this game).
So this by itself doesn't mean anything. But let's examine the contents of this post.
Paragraph 1: Random stuff about not having played before, a random claim to be townie when no one asked, and other filler. Oh, and an excuse to be regularly inactive. This is all filler.
Paragraph 2: Gives a list of inactives like three hours into the game and promises he'll be back after refusing to actually cast suspicion on anyone.

All in all, there's really no reason for this post to be so large and say so much fluff unless he's just trying to look helpful.
##VOTE Amiko
"Every man has his follies - and often they are the most interesting thing he has got."
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
February 16 2014 20:15 GMT
#94
Man, I wanted to suggest murdering Amiko. You beat me to it. I think IAmRobik is a person of interest for his odd sense of spinelessness earlier, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

##unvote IAmRobik
##VOTE Amiko
Spectaticle
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
February 16 2014 20:25 GMT
#95
OnceKing,

That's one hell of an argument for a newbie game. what's your experience?
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
February 16 2014 20:29 GMT
#96
On February 16 2014 15:14 Beneather wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2014 13:48 Lord Tolkien wrote:
On February 16 2014 13:29 Beneather wrote:
On February 16 2014 13:09 Lord Tolkien wrote:
I really do need to watch Arrested Development.

im not mafia gaiz, pls no lynch

Also, don't we get a mod post on the innocent child? Or are there none.


That's something mafia say !

##VOTE Lord Tolkien

##vote Beneather

Which part?


The part with " im not mafia gaiz, pls no lynch " seems scummy to me.

In which case: are you mafia?

Because using your logic, if you say yes you're mafia, and if you say no you aren't.

Plus it was a joke post so if you want to take it at face value go ahead.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Amiko
Profile Joined February 2014
United States1725 Posts
February 16 2014 20:34 GMT
#97
I think this early the only information we have is on ourselves - votes change too much to mean anything unless you give some kind of reasons for your actions. So I am glad to explain why I may vote for people (being idle) or the only town read I had at the time (Lord Tolkein asking about innocent child).

I don't like OneKing's reasoning for voting me, though - (1) you want to discourage long posts, which I think hurts town (2) you classify saying you are town as scumsided rather than neutral (3) you claim (probably joking) that you are clear, and (4) providing the time you shouldn't expect posts from me (morning MST) merely provides a time, I'm sure there are times you sleep/commute as well and I would like to know them so you don't have an excuse for silence down the line.
That said, I think OnceKing is acting slightly townsided because he has at least started some discussion by giving a reason for his vote, even if it is misguided.

Moving forward, I see Cavalinho's post as scummy -
Cavalinho, what were your reasons for wanting to lynch me? The same reasons as OnceKing, or is there anything else to add? If you wanted to suggest voting me, why not suggest it in your earlier post?
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
February 16 2014 20:38 GMT
#98
On February 17 2014 05:34 Amiko wrote:
I think this early the only information we have is on ourselves - votes change too much to mean anything unless you give some kind of reasons for your actions. So I am glad to explain why I may vote for people (being idle) or the only town read I had at the time (Lord Tolkein asking about innocent child).

I don't like OneKing's reasoning for voting me, though - (1) you want to discourage long posts, which I think hurts town (2) you classify saying you are town as scumsided rather than neutral (3) you claim (probably joking) that you are clear, and (4) providing the time you shouldn't expect posts from me (morning MST) merely provides a time, I'm sure there are times you sleep/commute as well and I would like to know them so you don't have an excuse for silence down the line.
That said, I think OnceKing is acting slightly townsided because he has at least started some discussion by giving a reason for his vote, even if it is misguided.

Moving forward, I see Cavalinho's post as scummy -
Cavalinho, what were your reasons for wanting to lynch me? The same reasons as OnceKing, or is there anything else to add? If you wanted to suggest voting me, why not suggest it in your earlier post?


Because, quite frankly, I wasn't sure if I should have pursued your post due to this actually being a newbie game. I wasn't sure if real players would actually think like that in a gametype that emphasize newness.

But since I'm not the only one that thinks it, then I'm going to roll with the fact that this is probably the right path to go down.

Oh, and for the record, this argument doesn't come out of nowhere. It's brought up in Ver's Mafia XXX guide at the top of the forum; Misder made the same kind of post you did at the start of the day and wound up being red. If players better than us are suggesting looking for the exact traits you showed in your very first post, we're probably on the right track.
Spectaticle
Amiko
Profile Joined February 2014
United States1725 Posts
February 16 2014 20:48 GMT
#99
I appreciate you explaining your reasoning somewhat - do you have a townread on OnceKing right now, or do you think you would have followed any other post that had brought up my post?

I think OnceKing's points are
1) Post is long
2) Criticism re: not playing before
3) Criticism re: claiming town
4) Criticism re: playtime
5) Inactives / not voting

I think I touched on a few of these in my last post, but let me ask this -
Regarding playing before, don't you think that is relevant to the game? Your last post even mentions that it is relevant this is a newbie game.

I still think it is scummy that you wanted to suggest voting me but decided not to until someone else did, first. This early in the game I think we should post our suspicions as they arise.
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
February 16 2014 20:59 GMT
#100
On February 17 2014 05:48 Amiko wrote:
I appreciate you explaining your reasoning somewhat - do you have a townread on OnceKing right now, or do you think you would have followed any other post that had brought up my post?

I think OnceKing's points are
1) Post is long
2) Criticism re: not playing before
3) Criticism re: claiming town
4) Criticism re: playtime
5) Inactives / not voting

I think I touched on a few of these in my last post, but let me ask this -
Regarding playing before, don't you think that is relevant to the game? Your last post even mentions that it is relevant this is a newbie game.

I still think it is scummy that you wanted to suggest voting me but decided not to until someone else did, first. This early in the game I think we should post our suspicions as they arise.


I townread OnceKing, because he's posting his thoughts without fear. Hell, he even brought up what I wanted to bring up, so I see no point to view him as scum at this point if we think the exact same way. I see no point in scumreading anyone that shares the same viewpoint as I do about something so suspect and out of place so early. Any other post probably would have brought me around to vote you, had I not finally come out and made my suspicions clear before anyway.

Also, you say it's scummy to suggest voting you but I should post my suspicion as it arises. How is it that I'm scummy for saying that I think you're scum? Should I just never vote on my suspicions? Should I just ignore my suspicions if someone else shares the same sentiment as I do?

Your argument has holes in it and really only seems to be poking at the fact that I'm supposedly bandwagoning.
Spectaticle
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings72
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta15
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9056
Artosis 782
GuemChi 608
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm212
monkeys_forever95
League of Legends
Doublelift5520
JimRising 439
Counter-Strike
minikerr4
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe75
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3581
Other Games
FrodaN2302
Liquid`RaSZi1756
C9.Mang0438
Livibee367
Maynarde167
Mew2King43
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1209
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• musti20045 31
• Sammyuel 30
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1440
• Scarra1285
• Shiphtur632
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 11m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.