• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:19
CEST 10:19
KST 17:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9056 users

A Quiet Game of Mini Mafia - Page 65

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 74 Next
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 09 2014 08:37 GMT
#1281
keeping up with the thread is quite different than catching up with it.
I have an answer but I know you aren't going to like it...

Right now my reads are all PoE based on townfeels. I filtered some people but they were all pretty obvious town (like WoS).
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 09 2014 08:39 GMT
#1282
I don't care if you call me scum and that does not make you scum. I want you to reason your opinions so i can see if they can possibly make sense from town perspective or not.
table for two on a tv tray
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 09 2014 08:42 GMT
#1283
ofc you aren't scum rayn..
i get that you want to see my reasons, but honestly I don't have them yet.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 09 2014 08:44 GMT
#1284
Well then stop posting and try to look for them. Right now you are not helping much.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 09 2014 08:51 GMT
#1285
kushm4sta:

I know you are perfectly capable of making good logical arguments and reads as town. In 4 Persona you were the town MVP from N2 onwards. In Titanic 2 i shot you over Blazinghand/Artanis/Xatalos/three other people because you looked so town and because i thought you were most likely to solve the game after DarthPunk.

I also know you are not capable of making good logical arguments as mafia, because you just can't put yourself into the right mindset which is pretty evident from Extractor game.

Therefore your alignment is pretty easy to figure out and now, when the thread is not moving fast is a perfect time to prove your alignment if you are town. So please do so, for me.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 09 2014 09:04 GMT
#1286
I think Artanis has a fair chance of flipping scum as well:
He has a case on Cheesecake. I ask him to contribute to thrawn/WoS/Corazon. He says Corazon is the scummiest of those three people, gives a few scumpoints to WoS aswell, and doesn't understand thrawn's "scumminess". In this post:
On January 08 2014 21:14 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2014 17:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
But when i make a case on thrawn, he (cora) does not apparently even read the case (or if he does - he misrepresents it totally - which makes him scum). He calls the case OMGUS and the argument between me and thrawn a "shitstorm which will ruin the town". This is totally not the case.

I like this point.
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2014 17:51 mkfuba07 wrote:
I was kinda hoping for his response too, but it never came. If he's really a townie who feels like people are misconstruing his play, wouldn't he at least comment on something that's been brought up repeatedly?

I also like this point. Scumpointsᵀᴹ to Cora.

Show nested quote +
On January 08 2014 16:48 raynpelikoneet wrote:
@ yamato (mainly);


On January 08 2014 13:29 WaveofShadow wrote:
On January 08 2014 13:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
thrawn:
Well then you should not post when you are under influence. I stopped posting drunk when i realized that's a fucking terrible idea. yamato even asked you to stop posting last night when you told us you are stoned.

WoS:
I try to elaborate as well as i can onto yamato. What yamato does as mafia is two things. He does not play for an all game plan. He plays for (1) survival, usually lurks, and (2) fuels arguments between townies. 1 and 2 are important, usually lurking is something that's not so important as he is able to change that if he wants to.
1) This can be seen in GoT, where i played scum with him. We had a game plan from the beginning but yamato's mindset was pretty much "i won't get lynched on D1". I don't remember he was doing much else than trying to survive D2.
2) This can be seen from 4 Persona, where yamato's pure purpose was to fuel me vs you argument until it ended up in a townie lynch. After that he discredited me for all D2, but when i basically solved the game on N2 he had no other option than to night kill me, even though i lynched a cop on D1 and had a red check on me. That's how "confident" yamato feels his scumplay is.

What he has done in this game is neither of those things.

Would you not consider his last couple of posts 'confident' in him not getting lynched today?
I dunno Rayn it's like I said to WBG, I am not particularly good at meta, and I very rarely see it getting used well so I can't really take reads solely based on meta into account. I see what yamato has done in this game, and it's scummy.

I think atm this is the only post/argument that could make WoS scum.

He does not explain how what yamato has done in this game is scummy. Because yamato hasn't done anything besides argued with me up to this point. So where the scumread is based on? Lurker lynch? No, because WoS said yamato is scummy. Meta? No, because WoS said he's not good at meta so he does not use it.

So exactly why is what yamato has done up to this point of the game scummy?

I agree here though I'd need to filter dive WoS again. I'm not sure this is something he'd do as town especially after being so active.

I can't really comment on the Thrawn case because I have no idea what the effects of drugs are as I've never really used them myself. In a vacuum it looks scummy as shit and I haven't really been impressed by the rest of his play.

Dunno when I'll be back, but I'll try to find time before the deadline.

He agrees with my reasoning for WoS to possibly be mafia (as he gives him scumpoints). The reasoning is WoS' "bullshit stance" on yamato which is quite clear from my post. However, when the thread sentiment leans towards lynching Corazon here's what Artanis does:
On January 09 2014 01:07 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
I'd be willing to lynch Yamato but I'd rather get CC.

Bang, like a scumclaim.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 09 2014 09:06 GMT
#1287
Actually this puts Artanis as my top scumread. Slightly above thrawn.
table for two on a tv tray
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 09 2014 09:19 GMT
#1288
yeah rayn that last quote is pretty damming. Like he needs to justify his vote for yamato by saying he'd rather get CC. That is a scummy way to try to justify your vote.

but yeah artanis he's my new top scumreaad too!
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 09 2014 09:25 GMT
#1289
Actually rayn, something that gives me pause.. remember in Titanic, artanis played scum much better than he is playing here if he is scum.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 09 2014 09:26 GMT
#1290
nvm what i just said. he bused that game and it's easy to look good as scum when you are busing.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 09 2014 11:47 GMT
#1291
On January 09 2014 16:33 wherebugsgo wrote:
I'm lecturing you assholes because you're all saying really stupid things like "day 1 countered wagons have to be town" and "if we kill a townie we just rinse and repeat"

If it didn't sound like you were all clueless I wouldn't have to keep yelling at you for forgetting the newbie guide.

Finally I know what your fucking problem was. Jesus dude I never suggested we should lynch CC - I just told you what happened if we did and he flipped town. Can you stop calling me dumb for reaching the same conclusion you made now? Thanks.
On January 09 2014 16:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2014 16:30 gumshoe wrote:
Anyone have any questions for me before I go to sleep?

Not really, no. At least i don't. I don't think your reasons for thinking thrawn is scum are good because you can't tell thrawn's alignment based on what Corazon says about him and the "buddying one guy and not the other people" thingy is just meh but i don't have pa roblem with you because i think thrawn is scum.

I don't really understand why gumshoe is insisting on the weaker points against thrawn that much (I see no scum motivation here but it is weird). I think the arguments against him are quite clear:

- he voted cora
- he unvoted when the cora wagon got momentum
- he instantly started to defend cora hard and did nothing else for a while (weird thing to do when you apparently had a scumread on this person shortly before)
- he tried to fuel the only realistic counterwagon (yamato)
- he disappeared when it didn't happen

Of course you can argue that Cora did not fight him the way he attacked other people who called him out and I saw that quite a few times when mafia is bussing but I don't think that is the strongest point here.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-09 12:47:39
January 09 2014 12:00 GMT
#1292
About 12 hours to deadline. Remember to send any actions to all hosts.

This is obviously now irrelevant.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
January 09 2014 12:47 GMT
#1293
[image loading]

Endgame


I might recycle this flavour sometime in the future, in a hopefully less abortive game. I hope what you've seen so far was entertaining.

Mr. Cheesecake the Mafia Godfather has been modkilled!
Artanis[Xp] the Mafia Roleblocker has conceded!

Town wins!

Obs QT
Mafia can post their QT if they so wish.

Roles and actions:
+ Show Spoiler +
iamperfection - Doctor
Corazon - Mafia Goon
kushm4sta - Vanilla Townie
yamato77 - Vanilla Townie
wherebugsgo - Vanilla Townie
raynpelikoneet - Vanilla Townie
Mr. Cheesecake - Mafia Godfather
justanothertownie - Vanilla Townie
gumshoe - Vanilla Townie
Artanis[Xp] - Mafia Roleblocker
WaveofShadow - 1-Shot Roleblocker
thrawn2112 - Vanilla Townie
mkfuba07 - 1-Shot Vigilante





I didn't think it was fair to town to let the Mr. Cheesecake slot be replaced into, given the posts he'd made after his statement he was asking for replacement which "confirmed" him as town.

(One wonders how effective "dick-move analysis" is, really... I was tempted to replace the slot and watch you not lynch it for two weeks as an object lesson, but that would have been pretty un-fun. Hopefully the lesson is learned anyway.)

With one mafioso lynched and another modkilled Artanis felt he was practically in an unwinnable position, so I've accepted his resignation.

It's unfortunate that the game has ended this way, but letting it drag on further (no matter what the decision about the Mr. Cheesecake slot) didn't seem like it would be fun for anybody.

In future I think I'll make the rules about talking about replacement in the thread even more crystal-clear.

I hope you all enjoyed playing this game, even though it was cut short. I've personally enjoyed reading it more than many games of late.




Thanks to:
[UoN]Sentinel and Alakaslam for cohosting
Foolishness for vetting the setup
All of you for playing an entertaining game
Artanis for graciously accepting the modkill of his scumbuddy




I would appreciate any feedback on the setup and moderation of this game, I still have things to learn

Also, I suspect this is the shortest 13p normal game on record. So we've made history, I guess.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 09 2014 12:51 GMT
#1294
lol
table for two on a tv tray
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
January 09 2014 12:51 GMT
#1295
yeah that pretty much sums it up
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
January 09 2014 12:52 GMT
#1296
wot m8
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 09 2014 12:54 GMT
#1297
What the actual fuck

I was about to make a post about how I no longer trust 'dick move analysis' anymore as well...

Um

Gg I guess?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 09 2014 12:54 GMT
#1298
Insta re-roll roles and go?
table for two on a tv tray
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 09 2014 12:55 GMT
#1299
Our QT features 31 posts of which about 10 are Aquanim. I'm not sure it's worth posting.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 09 2014 13:03 GMT
#1300
This is why you should not, ever, say you're looking to be replaced in thread. It's a total no-go.

Compounded by giving out "reads" after you've said you're going to get yourself replaced.

Just don't do that, ever, under any circumstances.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech16
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 247
Hyuk 146
910 74
Mong 70
Leta 52
Shinee 49
PianO 40
soO 39
Killer 36
Mind 35
[ Show more ]
Bale 30
Aegong 23
ToSsGirL 18
ZergMaN 15
HiyA 15
sorry 15
League of Legends
JimRising 454
Counter-Strike
ceh9526
shoxiejesuss414
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King181
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1590
Other Games
summit1g8836
olofmeister1098
Happy288
crisheroes216
Sick176
Livibee103
ArmadaUGS88
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick554
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream270
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH158
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2289
League of Legends
• Rush1646
• Jankos1139
• Stunt527
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 41m
OSC
4h 41m
Stellar Fest
4h 41m
OSC
15h 41m
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.