• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:47
CEST 12:47
KST 19:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9189 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 88

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 114 Next
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 17:34 GMT
#1741
Is chatzy on iphone?

If you want an alternate system then PM me details and I'll see what I can do. I'll post a response here in thread.
Wow
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 17:39 GMT
#1742
On January 14 2014 02:30 marvellosity wrote:
Vayne, what are the insights that you found valuable from Wave?


mostly here

On January 12 2014 10:07 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 09:58 yamato77 wrote:
If you're scum after that emotional blab, I'm never playing with you again.

I'd suggest ditching dick move analysis; it's proven to be ineffective as of late. I will however appeal to you personally; you can take it as you will. Knowing what you know of me, my playstyle, and my attitude towards mafia and rules in general, I think you can draw the proper conclusions.

Now if people are interested in my scumreads (and you should be), I'm thinking primarily suchdoge for starters.
I have been in discussion with a few players in PMs (I won't reveal who I'm talking to with regards to specific conversations unless I believe it's absolutely necessary---they can reveal themselves if they so choose) and one player got me thinking about suchdoge's identity. I won't really bother guessing (even though we both guessed the same person) because basing a scumread solely on that (and as a result, meta) would be terrible but if other people have any guesses you may want to keep those in mind or alternatively you can PM me and I will discuss that section with you.

Suchdoge:
His massive entry post that said the same thing about the mayoral election that I already did earlier in thread, and then promoted marv and mig as good candidates for election despite the fact that marv (at the time) was barely playing this game (although I can't be certain about PMs) and I'm assuming Mig hasn't shown up yet (and from what I saw in PYP I'm not particularly impressed with his play).

The rest of his filter (and he HAS one, unlike others) was shitting on the main and strongest mayoral prospect and talking about how he can't PM.

I would be curious to know what interactions people have had with him in PM/IRC-land because I have spoken to people with conflicting reads here. It is my belief that such an entry into the thread, not offering anything particularly useful other than the offering up of mayoral candidates that can widely be accepted as 'good players' if they decide to run is nothing more than a safe and neutral play under the guise of effort, a perfect scum opener. The rest of his filter does not lead me to believe he has town's best interests in mind (despite some people currently agreeing with DrH not being the best mayoral prospect, including DrH himself) as he promoted negativity without offering something positive and realistic in return. Also now that marv HAS announced his potential candidacy I would like to see how he will react.


I tend to agree with dick move analysis not being that great lately and with his qualms about suchdoge, who I don't have a strong or even slight town read on yet. Maybe I'll send him a PM and see what we can accomplish.

also here

On January 12 2014 21:39 WaveofShadow wrote:
I really don't like the direction things have taken right now.
I'm really tempted to pick up the reins here now that yamato has dropped out (and why, exactly?) because I have zero faith or trust in Rayn this game and don't want the mayor role to default onto him.
Marv I'm 50/50 on you right now, so let's chat while I have the chance.

At the moment the only thing stopping me from actually running is the fact that I won't be around for deadlines and a large part of today specifically, which wouldn't exactly be fair to what would be my loyal constituents, now would it? VE please take your vote off me so I'm not tempted any further.

I've said it before and I'll say it again---I get burned on newbie reads a lot, unfortunately, but that doesn't mean I have to like what is going on with Derrida. I simply don't think he is scum despite the similarities between his opening post here and in his scum game and I certainly don't like that he appears to be an easy 'default' lynch for people to fall back on. Rayn announced he'd vote for him (to assist him in winning, no doubt) and now marv has done the same---it seems today's lynch has already been chosen despite all the talk that's going to go on for the next few hours, no?


At that point in the game, Dr.H and yamato had both dropped out of mayor running and so he had good reason to wonder wtf was going on at that point in the game. Also I tended to agree with his Derrida analysis after I went through some more filters, because there was a lot of players in the game like chinstrap and captain obvious that had about the same content at that point but derrida was getting singled out which felt strange to me.
I come in for the scraps
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 13 2014 17:49 GMT
#1743
That 2nd quote I really dislike. I hate the "I don't like this direction at the moment"

He keeps shading rayn without backup and he's unhappy that I'm finally running for mayor? He also defended Xatalos terribly. I dunno. Why does Wave not think Derrida is mafia? What possible reason does he have to think this other than other people have called Derrida mafia?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 17:49 GMT
#1744
Hello Vayne I would rather not use on of my remaining 3 PMs so if you would like to talk please make a chatzy room (and PM me the link) or contact me via Skype:

suchdogemlg420

As for the players you mentioned, I think the first two are likely town (like 80%+) and the last one likely scum (also like 80%+)

I can explain more if you can get an alternate PM method.
Wow
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 13 2014 17:51 GMT
#1745
I have huge problem with the second post.
It's basically complaining without presenting alternative answers. So bad.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 13 2014 17:51 GMT
#1746
EBWOP: Above directed to Vayne's WoS quotes.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 13 2014 17:52 GMT
#1747
On January 14 2014 02:49 marvellosity wrote:
That 2nd quote I really dislike. I hate the "I don't like this direction at the moment"

He keeps shading rayn without backup and he's unhappy that I'm finally running for mayor? He also defended Xatalos terribly. I dunno. Why does Wave not think Derrida is mafia? What possible reason does he have to think this other than other people have called Derrida mafia?

rofl <3
table for two on a tv tray
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 18:00 GMT
#1748
On January 14 2014 02:49 marvellosity wrote:
That 2nd quote I really dislike. I hate the "I don't like this direction at the moment"

He keeps shading rayn without backup and he's unhappy that I'm finally running for mayor? He also defended Xatalos terribly. I dunno. Why does Wave not think Derrida is mafia? What possible reason does he have to think this other than other people have called Derrida mafia?


as much as it is bad, I think that is the signature that WoS is town lol.

As for the last part, I think it is a pretty good reason when you have others very similar in nature to him running around but nobody gives them a second thought (we've all seen mafia lie about activity, lets not kid ourselves)
I come in for the scraps
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 13 2014 18:01 GMT
#1749
Can you give an example of WoS doing the same thing in some game or otherwise elaborate more Vayne?
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 13 2014 18:02 GMT
#1750
BC and chinstrap both advertised their absence pre-game, so I don't see any direct comparisons with Derrida; basically everyone is hunching that Derrida is/was town in the ongoing game and comparing his opening post here to his opening post in the mafiagame he played which was extremely similar in intent

I don't see how you see a bad list post in a mafiagame then a bad listpost in this game and come to the conclusion "i don't think Derrida is scum"

You're also saying "as much as it is bad" when originally you posted it as insight from wave and you commented that it was insight, so you're kinda disagreeing yourself here which is pretty sucky.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 18:11 GMT
#1751
On January 14 2014 03:02 marvellosity wrote:
BC and chinstrap both advertised their absence pre-game, so I don't see any direct comparisons with Derrida; basically everyone is hunching that Derrida is/was town in the ongoing game and comparing his opening post here to his opening post in the mafiagame he played which was extremely similar in intent

I don't see how you see a bad list post in a mafiagame then a bad listpost in this game and come to the conclusion "i don't think Derrida is scum"

You're also saying "as much as it is bad" when originally you posted it as insight from wave and you commented that it was insight, so you're kinda disagreeing yourself here which is pretty sucky.


I think it is good though... I'm just trying to level with you here.

Advertising your absence doesn't mean much when you have time to come in and make big posts about how inactive you are, at least for me anyway.

I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 18:14 GMT
#1752
also suchdoge i will skype you then.

@rayn persona lol
I come in for the scraps
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 13 2014 18:17 GMT
#1753
ugh.. In 4 Persona WoS made posts that disagreed with the current thread sentiment and did not offer an alternative? I really need to look a this because i don't remember that happening.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 13 2014 18:17 GMT
#1754
No.. I already know that's a bad example because he was a lynch target.
table for two on a tv tray
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 18:20 GMT
#1755
he is a lynch target here so I don't see how it's a bad example. You thought his posts were super scummy and he wasn't. I think you are reading him wrong similarly here.
I come in for the scraps
LSB Banking
Profile Joined March 2011
48 Posts
January 13 2014 18:20 GMT
#1756
6 pages to go \o/
This is a multipurpose account to help with hosting mafia games
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 13 2014 18:23 GMT
#1757
On January 14 2014 03:20 VayneAuthority wrote:
he is a lynch target here so I don't see how it's a bad example. You thought his posts were super scummy and he wasn't. I think you are reading him wrong similarly here.

That's not what we are discussing here and in my opinion the situation was entirely different in 4 Persone, where WoS intentionally did something scummy to bait out reactions.

Here we are talking about the post that disagrees with things and does not offer alternatives. It does not say anything useful but spread doubt on people and includes a read that has no basis other than "because so many people think Derrida is scummy he can't be scum".

And btw WoS was not a lynch target at the time he made the post. I think you are trying to misrepresent the situation here and avoiding to give an answer.
table for two on a tv tray
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 13 2014 18:31 GMT
#1758
I'm here, ask me stuff
Writer@WriterYamato
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 18:40 GMT
#1759
On January 14 2014 03:23 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2014 03:20 VayneAuthority wrote:
he is a lynch target here so I don't see how it's a bad example. You thought his posts were super scummy and he wasn't. I think you are reading him wrong similarly here.

That's not what we are discussing here and in my opinion the situation was entirely different in 4 Persone, where WoS intentionally did something scummy to bait out reactions.

Here we are talking about the post that disagrees with things and does not offer alternatives. It does not say anything useful but spread doubt on people and includes a read that has no basis other than "because so many people think Derrida is scummy he can't be scum".

And btw WoS was not a lynch target at the time he made the post. I think you are trying to misrepresent the situation here and avoiding to give an answer.


how can I mispresent the situation on some one I am not trying to get lynched? That makes zero sense.

I already explained everything else.
I come in for the scraps
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 13 2014 18:47 GMT
#1760
On January 14 2014 03:31 yamato77 wrote:
I'm here, ask me stuff

Happy Birthday. Don't lynch me.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 114 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko182
ProTech144
Rex 8
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 688
Soma 650
Jaedong 524
Horang2 340
BeSt 331
Soulkey 263
Hyuk 247
910 225
Light 222
Stork 219
[ Show more ]
Mini 144
Snow 143
EffOrt 142
Pusan 115
Last 105
ZerO 98
Rush 60
ggaemo 60
Shinee 49
Mind 46
Mong 45
Killer 43
Yoon 33
Larva 26
Creator 25
Bale 25
hero 25
Sharp 17
sorry 15
Noble 15
yabsab 13
Sacsri 12
Dota 2
Gorgc5678
XcaliburYe134
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1489
pashabiceps892
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2605
Khaldor807
Other Games
gofns36529
singsing1434
XBOCT289
Pyrionflax259
DeMusliM206
Mew2King115
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
StarCraft 2
WardiTV5
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH307
• StrangeGG 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1614
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
13m
Rex8
WardiTV0
Stellar Fest
2h 13m
The PondCast
23h 13m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.