• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:04
CEST 18:04
KST 01:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8381 users

Back To The Basics Mini Mafia - Page 60

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 145 Next
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=437262
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 23 2013 01:59 GMT
#1181
Thrawn
Very quick. In phone thoughts with no reread


Jjd
Still town. I like the way he kept pushing Corazon about a point. He's always backing himself up with filter so good consistency.
I don't like that he assumed rayn could be right about Me.. but. Town can make those snap calls all the time. Plus jjd was suspicious of me at the start so I think there is progression to his comment.
Still town

Bereft
Yeah I'm a little concerned went into a big spiel to justify rayn lynch.
Um not sorry about it. I'm not really sure the town motive to give that spiel as bereft wasn't under pressure to justify actions.
I'm not sure if bereft is a townie that wanted to policy lynch rayn but doesn't want to admit. Or is scum hiding behind policy and again doesn't want to admit it.

Inoe that onegu presented the quote where bereft thinks onegu case wasn't on me but Cora.. I have to think about it.
Iverlall I would say that tell is null because that onegu case was so poorly formatted abd constructed it's message was never clear.
Will give bereft benefit of the doubt and say slight town lean. If anything is not worth considering when people like holy abd onegu are alive


Lastly I did not like how onegu addressed me over night. Seemed almost like a begging for forgiveness yonr.
If onegu really thought I was scum I would have expected more venom. Food for thought.

Gotta go. Sorry I couldn't be of more use
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
November 23 2013 02:43 GMT
#1182
I am doctor and I saved thrawn.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 23 2013 02:43 GMT
#1183
About to eat dinner- giving my final brief reads just in case I die (I probably won't)

Coming into D2, I want to lynch Onegu. His play has been really shady and he needs to be under the gun D2. He does not care about who gets lynched which is a huge scum tell.
I'd also be cool lynching Jampi for similar reasons.
HF blaming Mocsta for the lynch is really scummy seeing as if HF was town and didn't like the lynch, he could just back off it.

I'd be down for lynching one of those three tomorrow.

Sciberia's vote was really shady as it came with no explanation at the buzzer. From what I gathered up, he did not have a scum read on Rayn yet voted for him (let me know sci if I missed a post)

Thrawn needs to have more of a presence in the thread and needs to stop buddying Mocsta and make his own reads.

I'm not interested in lynching anyone outside of these 5 as of now. Of course I will be flexible depending on what happens.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 23 2013 02:43 GMT
#1184
On November 23 2013 11:43 Holyflare wrote:
I am doctor and I saved thrawn.

What
Grubby's #1 Fan
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
November 23 2013 02:45 GMT
#1185
On November 23 2013 11:43 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2013 11:43 Holyflare wrote:
I am doctor and I saved thrawn.

What


Never know when a random vig can take you out and especially as my play has been bad
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 23 2013 02:45 GMT
#1186
On November 23 2013 11:45 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2013 11:43 cDgCorazon wrote:
On November 23 2013 11:43 Holyflare wrote:
I am doctor and I saved thrawn.

What


Never know when a random vig can take you out and especially as my play has been bad

This isn't 23+1 night...that makes no sense
Grubby's #1 Fan
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
November 23 2013 02:46 GMT
#1187
Oh well shit, at least there's only 10 mins... Don't think anyone is checking. Especially as mocsta just went afk
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
November 23 2013 02:47 GMT
#1188
I'm kidding of course i knew it isnt +1 you tit
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 23 2013 02:48 GMT
#1189
On November 23 2013 11:47 Holyflare wrote:
I'm kidding of course i knew it isnt +1 you tit

Maybe I should just policy lynch you for not using your brain.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
November 23 2013 02:49 GMT
#1190
I'm a good shot for a vig, if there is one and he sees, he can save a shot, if scum sees they can kill me over a more towny looking person, it's the only thing i could have done
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
November 23 2013 02:50 GMT
#1191
How about you use some logic before you insult my claim
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
November 23 2013 02:50 GMT
#1192
You would have debated me all day and it would have been a waste, this is nothing but a pro town move my friend
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 23 2013 02:51 GMT
#1193
..........
Bereft
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1007 Posts
November 23 2013 02:53 GMT
#1194
you serious bro?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
November 23 2013 02:53 GMT
#1195
If i survive you get your doctor for another night, if i die you don't really lose a player
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
November 23 2013 02:53 GMT
#1196
this is derp on top of derp
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
November 23 2013 02:54 GMT
#1197
If you say so
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 23 2013 02:57 GMT
#1198
On November 23 2013 11:49 Holyflare wrote:
I'm a good shot for a vig, if there is one and he sees, he can save a shot, if scum sees they can kill me over a more towny looking person, it's the only thing i could have done

You're too scummy to be a good vig shot
Grubby's #1 Fan
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 23 2013 02:59 GMT
#1199
With the death of Rayn, you can expect a return to your regularly scheduled broadcast of rational and reasonable Aquanim.

I will have a look at these cases he asked us to read though.

Bereft
+ Show Spoiler +

On November 21 2013 13:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
##Unvote
##Vote: Bereft

You stated Onegu is your town read. You filter four guys. Three which are your scumreads, and Onegu, your town read.
That makes no sense given you have null-reads you should be filtering over your townreads in case you are trying to find scum.
You are just following thread sentiment and it makes no sense. In fact you never even filter Aqua and Onegu after promising to do so.

On November 21 2013 13:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I want to lynch Bereft for the way he prioritizes things. That's fucking scummy. Notice Aqua was one of his three scumreads to filter. Now he has filtered Rean/Cora, has his vote on Rean, and defended Onegu's posts. He hasn't even read all his scumread's filters yet there is already a vote. A big no.
Now sleep.

Bereft filtered Onegu because he was asked to by Corazon:
On November 21 2013 13:11 cDgCorazon wrote:
Bereft, I would like to know why you don't think we should lynch Onegu. I was really puzzled when you threw that read out (as were others) and I just want to know why you see Onegu in a good light. When you said you thought he was town I got this feeling that we weren't reading the same game.

In this same post Rayn claims that Bereft "never even filtered Onegu after promising to do so"... but Bereft did. Rayn must just have been not even thinking about his argument or something. It wasn't Bereft's immediately next post after promising to do so, but I don't think that's a reasonable expectation of Bereft.
Bereft doesn't make some wallpost on me, that's true, but if Bereft's read of me has changed I can see why a town Bereft wouldn't bother to comment on my filter and conclude "I dunno, still need to think about it guys". Making a post like that would be a waste of time and I almost think better of Bereft for not doing it.

There's also the 'scumslip' where Bereft said 'mislynch' but that's a typo regardless of Bereft's alignment.

Conclusion: Rayn's case holds no merit. Bereft had a perfectly good reason to post about Onegu and a perfectly good reason not to post about me. Ideally of course Bereft would have posted aboue everyone, but given his time restrictions that's not reasonable to expect all the time.

Mocsta
+ Show Spoiler +


On November 22 2013 04:54 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Quick version:
- far too conservative and "nice", even towards me, throughout the game
- puts on tunnel glasses when i stir up the thread (more on this later)
- will not consider any motives but scum-motives to my actions which lasted ~15min (even after i explain myself)
- should know better that it does not make me scum
- scumslips (besides Bereft - who is also scum)
- after that, when i call him out for it, look at his posts. rofl. suddenly he is "willing to reconsider". suddenly Rean is town while earlier asked everyone to consolidate on him. does a meta-search on Rean at that point, why no before? rofl. that's fucking ridiculous.
- suddenly has "calmed down and is willing to discuss things with me" when it looks like i am ACTUALLY lynching myself.

Do you know how fucking terrible Mocsta will look when i get lynched? I do. Because i am making a full case still.
I am also making a full case on Bereft and JarJar. thrawn could be scum too (in case JarJar is just really dumb). He's just pushing people into thinking "don't talk to rayn, just vote for him" and at the same time saying things he knows i can't stand. But it's okay, i will not take the bait. The case will come.

Also on Mocsta, Onegu's gutreads are actually really really good. I trust him on this, also because i am really sure he is town because he can't make a coherent case but still has strong reads. That's town Onegu.

Well for starters the "full case" never evenutated. Moving on.

1) Rayn claims Mocsta is being "conservative and nice", even towards Rayn himself. I fail to see any particular scum motivation behind being nice as such. Mocsta has been effectively pushing his reads without being obnoxious and that's all I require.

2) Mocsta apparently puts on tunnel glasses when Rayn shits up the thread. I consider this entirely understandable from a town Mocsta - in fact I did it to some extent myself. The "more later" also never eventuated I don't believe.

3) and 6) So Mocsta "doesn't consider any motives besides scum-motives" and yet is "willing to reconsider". Yeah... no.

4) can't see any reason why mocsta "should know better"

5) I've already talked about this alleged "scumslip" I believe. Rayn's claim that it was a scumslip was utter rubbish.

7) I don't see why calming down and being willing to discuss things is scum-motivated.

Conclusion: Rayn threw down a bunch of observations about Mocsta's play and claimed they made him scum. I don't see how any of this makes Mocsta scum myself, I thought Mocsta's approach to the Rayn wagon was entirely reasonable from town. Also, the scumslip doesn't exist.

JarJarDrinks
+ Show Spoiler +


  • How JJD treats his scumread Rean. He never interacts with him
  • He never tries to convince anyone Rean is scum
  • He talks about anything but why Rean is scum, all he says is "all other cases are crap"
  • In fact he talks more about Corazon between voting for Rean - voting for me
  • He does not tell anyone why his case is better than others
  • He is not scumhunting, he is just happily sitting on his vote, and when he can make a better vote he does it


1) is demonstrably incorrect. Just read JJD's filter.

2) There's an element of truth to this in that JJD is not constantly putting his point of view forward. However, once he'd said everything there was to say about Rean that hadn't been said already, he moved to asking people why they weren't voting Rean and thus pressuring them to do so. Entirely acceptable town play.

3) also demonstrably incorrect

4) So JJD is pursuing Corazon and Rean at the same time. Just because he talks to Corazon more doesn't mean Corazon has to be his bigger scumread - Corazon's been in the thread more than Rean, so this is entirely what I would expect.

5) I don't even know what this means quite, but I think it's entirely believable that JJD posted in the way he did as town

6) "He has a vote on a scumread and when he gets a bigger scumread he moves his vote" is not equal to "not scumhunting". I see JJD asking questions about things he doesn't understand in others' play and pressuring his reads, which seems ok to me.

Conclusion: This case isn't as demonstrably ridiculous but I'm still not convinced by it in any way.

I wouldn't say that none of these three could possibly be scum but these cases don't prove squat.




Moving on to some vote count analysis.
+ Show Spoiler +

Some representative votecounts:
+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

On November 21 2013 11:43 ObviousOne wrote:
Basic Vote Count


cDgCorazon (1): thrawn2112, Mocsta, sciberbia, Onegu
Aquanim (5): thrawn2112. Mocsta, jampidampi, cDgCorazon, Rean, raynpelikoneet
Rean (2): Aquanim, JarJarDrinks, raynpelikoneet
Onegu (1): sciberbia
Not Voting:: LoneMeow/Holyflare, Mocsta, Bereft

The shift onto Rean began:
+ Show Spoiler +

On November 21 2013 15:20 ObviousOne wrote:
Basic Vote Count


Aquanim (4): thrawn2112. Mocsta, jampidampi, cDgCorazon, Rean, raynpelikoneet
Rean (4): Aquanim, JarJarDrinks, raynpelikoneet, Bereft, Mocsta
Onegu (1): sciberbia
Bereft (1): raynpelikoneet
Not Voting: LoneMeow/Holyflare, Onegu

After this thrawn moved onto Rean, and then we dogpiled Rayn.
+ Show Spoiler +

On November 22 2013 00:37 ObviousOne wrote:
Basic Vote Count

Aquanim (3): thrawn2112. Mocsta, jampidampi, cDgCorazon, Rean, raynpelikoneet
Onegu (1): sciberbia
raynpelikoneet (5): thrawn2112, Mocsta. Aquanim, JarJarDrinks, Bereft
jampidampi (1): raynpelikoneet


The final votecount was:
+ Show Spoiler +

On November 22 2013 11:57 ObviousOne wrote:
Basic Vote Count


Aquanim (2): thrawn2112. Mocsta, jampidampi, cDgCorazon, Rean, raynpelikoneet
Rean (1): Aquanim, JarJarDrinks, raynpelikoneet, Bereft, Mocsta, thrawn2112, raynpelikoneet
raynpelikoneet (7): thrawn2112, Mocsta. Aquanim, JarJarDrinks, Bereft, raynpelikoneet, cDgCorazon, thrawn2112, thrawn2112, raynpelikoneet, thrawn2112, Holyflare, sciberbia
Mocsta (1): Onegu, raynpelikoneet
No-Lynch (1): cDgCorazon



I doubt all the scum are either on or off the Rayn wagon at the end on general principles - It's a town lynch so they don't need to commit exceptionally hard either way. If I was scum, Rayn would hardly be a priority target for me, I'd want him alive as long as possible to shit up the thread. If I had to guess, I'd say two scum off the wagon - {Jampidampi, Rean, Corazon, Onegu} and one on it {everyone else}.
+ Show Spoiler +
I've considered Holyflare and Sciberbia to be on the wagon for the purposes of this statement, because they were at least willing to consolidate onto it. I think it's important to remember that distinction, though.

If there's scum on the Rayn wagon my first guess (based on lynch-related material) would be Holyflare simply due to his repeated insistence that the lynch wasn't his fault. Bereft and JJD are outside chances. I doubt Thrawn, Mocsta and Sciberbia are scum. The thought process of all five of these latter made sense (Sciberbia's position on Rayn was understandable and well reasoned though I disagreed at the time, the others policy lynched or had reasons to think Rayn was scum in various degrees). Holy didn't justify his position nearly as well, basically just called us all stupid.

Similarly, I would guess that there was at least one scum on my wagon earlier in the day, though probably not all of them either. Since I'm pretty confident in Thrawn and Mocsta being town, that leaves {Jampidampi, Rean, Corazon}. Hey, they're pretty much the same names - fancy that.

It's harder to draw any conclusions about the Rean wagon since I don't know his alignment. However, I do like the names on his wagon (myself, Mocsta, JJD, Bereft, Rayn at some point, and eventually Thrawn).

The hypothesis that Rean is scum and that thus zero or at most one scum didn't vote for him while there was stil a wagon on myself on offer is not contradicted by the votes on him, though this obviously isn't conclusive proof he's scum
.
If Rean flips town in the future I'll have to reassess my reads on the people in this list, though I think it's not impossible that all the votes on him could still be by townies. For instance, if scum were already committed to voting for me or for wherever else they've parked their vote (or in the case of Holyflare not even in the game yet). Or if they were mostly AFK during that phase of the game.

Conclusion: If there's no scum in {Jampidampi, Rean, Corazon, Onegu} I'll be very suprised (and I'd guess there's two), but the entire scumteam being in that list seems too damn easy as well. Hardly my most mindblowing discovery ever, but as more flips happen the day 1 picture should become clearer.




These five players are the ones I'm not against lynching at this point in time. I'm pretty sure that at least two of the scum are in this group. I'd need a very good argument to lynch outside of this pool today.

Jampidampi
+ Show Spoiler +

His contributions have been decidedly lacklustre so far. He's been harping on about that single post of mine as pretty much his entire scumhunting content. The question I'm having difficulty answering is "Is this all Jampidampi is capable of as town?". If this was, say, Mocsta I'd lynch them out of hand, but this is kind of believable from a town Jampidampi.

It's difficult for me to determine from my perspective whether he could reasonably believe I haven't answered his point about that post already. I'd appreciate anyone with an outside view weighing in with their perspective on this.

For the record his argument is here:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=435582&currentpage=34#676

to which my reply is:
How is observing that a player hasn't answered a question scummy? You can claim that my motivation was to "throw dirt on" Jampidampi, but that's only a single possible explanation for that post. Another one (and the correct one) is that I thought Jampidampi needed more incentive to answer the question and to offer more constructive opinions.

I think I mentioned at some point during day 1 that this kind of paranoia about people "throwing dirt on me, oh teh noes" is somewhat more characteristic of town than scum. That does not, however, mean that I think a scum player *couldn't* pretend to be paranoid in that way. The fact of the matter is that Jampidampi's kept repeating that single, crappy point about me while largely ignoring the rest of my filter and saying as little as possible about anything else in the thread. If he's town I hope he picks up his play, otherwise we may just have to lynch him and pray he's not playing this badly as a townie.

Conclusion: I'm not immediately eager to lynch Jampidampi (again the lynchbait argument), but if he continues to pass up on opportunities to contribute then my mind will change. There's only so much failure to contribute that I will tolerate.

Onegu
+ Show Spoiler +

Reading Onegu is just damn hard because I don't think he's had enough time to read and evaluate the thread entirely and, worse, I don't know what parts he's read and which he hasn't. The go he had at Mocsta at the start wouldn't be believable if I thought Onegu had the time to make an indepth analysis of the thread, but I don't think that so :/

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=435582&currentpage=38#756
This post is kind of good in that Onegu's shown what he thinks of everyone, though I am finding it difficult to read since it's more a list of disjointed thoughts than any illustration of overall trends (which I would put more weight onto).

On November 22 2013 22:49 Onegu wrote:
Ill be back in a bit to make my case on mocsta and bereft. Third scum I am still trying to figure out. Have another game to catch up on but Ill be up late tonight to play so any questions ask me and I will answer.
I think he's completely wrong on Mocsta and Bereft though. I'll wait and see what material he brings to these cases and see what I think of them.

Conclusion: We could do a lot worse than lynching Onegu, but I'm finding it difficult to compensate for his apparently IRL-enforced shortage of time in terms of reading him.

Rean
+ Show Spoiler +

Not much has changed since the wagon on Rean in mid D1. He says he's not been posting because he has a headache - presumably true but that hardly makes him look better even so.

Rean's early game play strikes me as being very unwilling to share his thoughts. He doesn't offer any original observations on his own, and when he is asked for observations he gives vague, one-line responses; hell, the first time he was asked about Mocsta he dodged making any statements about Mocsta's alignment, and was still exceedingly vague when I asked him directly about Mocsta's alignment.

Rean has generally avoided giving definite points of view on anything all game - in fact the only instance of a definite read and opinion he gives is on me when he votes for me, which was 1) a safe opinion to hold at the time and 2) given the vague pokes he's made at me previously he kind of had to back them up with a vote or he'd have looked ridiculously tentative. Also his read was pretty rubbish, most everybody else in the thread eventually accepted my explanation of "pushing a wagon alternate to Corazon's" but Rean stubbornly claims that I can't have wanted to do that as a townie. There's a great deal of stubbornness about Rean's read on me which just doesn't match with his non-committal approach to all his other reads.

His point of view about the Onegu wagon was "Onegu's definitely scummy but I don't like that it's taking attention away from the Aquanim wagon". An opinion like this isn't individually damning, but it continues the trend of non-committal play and reluctance to express opinions apart from the "safe" vote on me.

I'm pretty sure Rayn's only argument as to why Rean was town is the following:
On November 21 2013 23:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
The difference between Aquanim and Rean is both have made bad posts & contradicted themselves but unlike Aquanim, Rean admits he made a mistake or worded his thought poorly when it's pointed out. Aquanim makes up new reasons for his argument or licks strong players asses to make himself look better to them. And that is a fucking fact.

THIS QUOTE ENDS HERE I'VE MADE A MISTAKE SOMEWHERE AND I CAN'T FIND THE MISSING TAG



"Admitting he made a mistake" is hardly grounds for a serious townread on Rean. In fact, even if it was I can't see much in Rean's filter I'd describe this way - certainly less than I would find in my own. I admit that I've worded things poorly quite often. Honestly I get the feeling Rayn was mostly making this argument because he was butthurt that my lynch seemed to be evaporating. Suffice it to say that there's no love lost between Rayn and myself...

Maybe Rayn was referring to this post:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=435582&currentpage=20#387
but I would describe this myself as "no no Rayn we're saying the same thing link hands with me so we can lynch aqua plz" rather than "whoops I fucked up this was what I meant to say".

I don't think Rean has posted at all N1 so there's that too.

Basically, I see nothing redeeming in Rean's filter at all.

Conclusion: I think Rean is the most likely scum.

Corazon
+ Show Spoiler +

Bah, mostly. My gut read is very conflicted on Corazon.

Things I like about Corazon:
- The no-lynch vote. He must have known how bad this would make him look, and did it anyway.
- He's taking some responsibility for his actions (this is mostly a gut read on my part):
[QUOTE]On November 21 2013 15:16 cDgCorazon wrote:
[QUOTE]On November 21 2013 14:55 Mocsta wrote:
Corazon
Regarding why you did not vote Sciberbia

You stated that: early votes dont get traction so whats the point.

If that is the case, why did you ask Sciberbia to put his vote where his mouth is?
Cause I'm dumb and don't remember what I say before contradicting myself.
[QUOTE]On November 22 2013 12:20 cDgCorazon wrote:
...
I was transparent with my stance on Rayn and my decision to no-lynch. Onegu was very shady about it and I think it's because he is hiding the fact that he is scum.[/QUOTE]

Things I don't like about Corazon:
- The no-lynch vote, especially after sheeping onto the Rayn wagon with some shitty excuse (unrelated to Rayn being scum) earlier. Earlier Rayn was being too disruptive and had to go, and a little while before the lynch he's now certainly town and his disruptions are no longer worth voting off? Even at risk of no-lynching, which Corazon has to know is an utterly awful idea. I'd like to think that if his vote had been 100% necessary to a flip he'd have moved it back, but I just don't know.
- His play at the start of the day. I still don't see what the point of going after Sciberbia like that was.
- His antangonism towards Mocsta and Thrawn. Considering he isn't planning on lynching them any time soon this just seems like an excuse for activity.
- He's focused in on Onegu something chronic. Isn't considering Jampidampi, Rean, etc. as possible lynches at all.

Conclusion: Bleh... Corazon holds some points of view I don't understand and is pushing people who I don't think need to be pushed (sciberbia, Thrawn, Mocsta). I don't understand his motivations, but I'm not yet convinced that Corazon (in particular) wouldn't think his actions are a good idea as a townie. Overall I'd prefer to lynch the other people on this list who have contributed less.

Holyflare
+ Show Spoiler +

There were one or two sketchy things about LoneMeow's contributions in this slot which I won't go over again.

Holyflare hasn't had time to contribute much so far. Can't say I'm impressed much with what he has contributed, though.

Sure he consolidated onto Rayn at the end, but only while shouting about how it wasn't his fault that Rayn was going to flip green. I don't consider that he did enough work pushing an alternate wagon.

I'm finding Holyflare's insistence that a lot of scum were on Rayn's wagon... disturbing, considering how greatly that opinion differs from my own. If Holyflare's scum, and most of the scumteam is not on the Rayn wagon (as I suspect), he obviously has a vested interest in pushing this point of view. I don't think he's incapable of thinking this as town, but if he continues to push this point without considering other facts, my read on him will only become scummier.

Conclusion: Wait and see. Need more time to make a solid read here.
Last minute addition: this doctor claim is bloody bizarre. I mean, if holyflare gets vigilante'd then we'd know he's a doctor anyway, so the only value to this claim is that if he gets vig'd and Thrawn gets shot as well so we'd know where the shot went. And I still don't think that's worth a doctor claim, putting aside the likelihood of us having both a doctor and a vigilante. Maybe he's scum with two lurkers and they're desperate? Maybe he's fakeclaiming to draw a kill away from somebody worthwhile? I just don't understand this claim.

Obviously none of my reads are entirely confident at this point in time; I doubt I'll be shot tonight so I should have time to further explore them tomorrow. If I am killed, good luck.




Some miscellaneous notes:

@Onegu: You're inevitably going to come under some suspicion for the things you weren't around to comment on during day 1. Dealing with that by getting angry and explaining why you couldn't be here isn't going to fix it, and I hope you can at least understand that suspecting you is reasonable under the circumstances. If you do your best to contribute in the coming days with whatever time you do have, that's the most useful thing you can do.

Oh, and an important point regarding considering the motivations of people lynching Rayn. I think it's been argued that at least some of Rayn's scum reads were correct and that they voted him off because of this. It's important to remember that Rayn's scum reads only materialised AFTER THEY VOTED FOR HIM, and so in my view this argument doesn't hold water. In fact, I'm pretty sure that Rayn's scum reads would have been ANYONE who voted for him, which renders the argument completely void. (For evidence of that, see Rayn's suspicions of Thrawn for no good reason and the shit he threw at me.)

I've fucked up a quote tag somewhere and can't find it, I will fix and repost.
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
November 23 2013 03:00 GMT
#1200
If I die I think the best lynch is still Onegu.

Rean remains scummy and has barely posted in 2 days. I'd like to assume he wouldn't lie about having being bedridden, but if he maintains his current level of (in)activity we will have no choice but to lynch him.

Cora also has a good chance of being scum.

This HF claim is so stupid I don't even know what to think about it.
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 145 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 651
ComeBackTV 542
SteadfastSC427
Rex103
CosmosSc2 47
EnkiAlexander 41
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 427
ProTech145
Rex 103
CosmosSc2 47
UpATreeSC 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45087
Jaedong 1404
Hyuk 1156
Mini 677
Horang2 512
Soma 490
BeSt 480
Larva 321
Soulkey 314
Rush 283
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 282
ZerO 282
Snow 211
Last 203
hero 83
Liquid`Ret 56
Mind 55
Free 37
Killer 31
ToSsGirL 26
Terrorterran 23
sorry 22
Shine 21
yabsab 21
Rock 20
Trap 19
HiyA 17
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7888
qojqva1438
Dendi891
Counter-Strike
x6flipin1088
Fnx 835
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2558
Khaldor1934
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2939
singsing2016
B2W.Neo950
hiko779
byalli443
KnowMe129
Liquid`VortiX117
QueenE89
Mew2King76
Trikslyr40
Railgan16
ZerO(Twitch)13
Chillindude1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile124
• StrangeGG 23
• Adnapsc2 7
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2750
League of Legends
• Nemesis2025
• Jankos1122
• TFBlade737
Other Games
• Shiphtur314
• WagamamaTV261
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 56m
OSC
20h 56m
Stellar Fest
20h 56m
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 20h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.