• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:14
CEST 22:14
KST 05:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6078 users

"##" Mafia - Page 85

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 245 Next
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 00:14 GMT
#1681
And I think the motion of nukes being fake is dumb honestly. Fake nuke? What is that?

It's a themes game it could happen
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 30 2013 00:15 GMT
#1682
On October 30 2013 09:14 Pandain wrote:
And I think the motion of nukes being fake is dumb honestly. Fake nuke? What is that?

It's a themes game it could happen

Almost all games with nukes have fake nukes. And I've played in several of them. Especially when there are a lot of nukes as there are here.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 30 2013 00:29 GMT
#1683
On October 30 2013 09:14 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 09:10 Pandain wrote:
Because if they are real it's the equivalent of a vigilante

Why would they be fake


The argument for them being fake is, "This will be the dumbest game of mafia ever." For all intents and purposes the game could basically be over after N1.

The argument for them being real is, "This is twitter mafia with some pretty ridiculous powers and who would have guessed the town would be dumb enough to thoughtlessly countdown an unknown power from an unverified source day 1?
"

very town is dumb enough to do this, and in balancing you have to assume for a scneario like this---it's not entirely unlikely.
I say with 100% confidence that all of the nukes are not real. It is way more likely to me that they are all fake, or that, as marv said there are 1-2 real ones distributed somehow.

I'm not sure we are bothering to still talk about this.
Marv do you regret not lynching me?
Looking at the voting:
On October 30 2013 02:06 Oatsmaster wrote:
Oh what lol.

Ok so now Im struggling with the 180 for suess, I have no idea why WoS suddenly decided that Seuss is scum and I would really like to know.

This is Oats' reasoning for wanting to lynch me. That and 'I pulled out the big guns last time I was 'almost lynched' despite the fact that I was obviously not available to do so this time, and the last time I was almost lynched, I WAS lynched.

Tacked on reasoning last second before fucking off.
Didn't find me scummy whatsoever all day before this.

Then there's this:
On October 30 2013 01:36 OOHCHILD wrote:
Popping in to say I hate the WoS lynch. It feels like the only reason why are lynching him is because he isn't here.

I'm letting Pandain go.
Im letting Marv go (don't see what is so town about him though)

I would lynch Seuss, HotCottonCandy, or Sentinel.


On October 30 2013 02:32 OOHCHILD wrote:
Seuss over WoS please.

All else being equal, you lynch the weaker player so that you can benefit from the insight of the better player.
In this case Seuss is the weaker player.

I read Seuss' analysis he posted in some quick chat about some random game. He is not thinking nearly as deep in this game as he was thinking in that analysis.

WoS voting for himself. You may not like it but it's honest. He is honest about not knowing who to lynch and that leans town.


This is the statement that changes his entire half-day long outlook?
On October 30 2013 02:39 OOHCHILD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 02:36 marvellosity wrote:
On October 30 2013 02:36 OOHCHILD wrote:
I can see town placing a placeholder vote on me yesterday. I was acting weird. Also I think it's less likely that scum would actually call it a placeholder vote.

Why do you think Seuss would effectively counterclaim in that situation as mafia do you think?

This is actually a very good point. Changing my vote to WoS.

In doing so he basically assumes that one of Seuss and I have to be mafia and because it's not Seuss it must be me. I don't follow this horrible logic.

OOHCHILD my townread of you impinges on your response to me here. Why would you sheep so absolutely fucking blindly, and then go on to nuke me as well?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 30 2013 00:30 GMT
#1684
EBWOP: some spelling errors and accidentally some words.
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 30 2013 09:14 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 09:10 Pandain wrote:
Because if they are real it's the equivalent of a vigilante

Why would they be fake


The argument for them being fake is, "This will be the dumbest game of mafia ever." For all intents and purposes the game could basically be over after N1.

The argument for them being real is, "This is twitter mafia with some pretty ridiculous powers and who would have guessed the town would be dumb enough to thoughtlessly countdown an unknown power from an unverified source day 1?
"

Every town is dumb enough to do this, and in balancing you have to assume for a scenario like this---it's not entirely unlikely.
I say with 100% confidence that all of the nukes are not real. It is way more likely to me that they are all fake, or that, as marv said there are 1-2 real ones distributed somehow.

I'm not sure why we are bothering to still talk about this.
Marv do you regret not lynching me?
Looking at the voting:
On October 30 2013 02:06 Oatsmaster wrote:
Oh what lol.

Ok so now Im struggling with the 180 for suess, I have no idea why WoS suddenly decided that Seuss is scum and I would really like to know.

This is Oats' reasoning for wanting to lynch me. That and 'I pulled out the big guns last time I was 'almost lynched' despite the fact that I was obviously not available to do so this time, and the last time I was almost lynched, I WAS lynched.

Tacked on reasoning last second before fucking off.
Didn't find me scummy whatsoever all day before this.

Then there's this:
On October 30 2013 01:36 OOHCHILD wrote:
Popping in to say I hate the WoS lynch. It feels like the only reason why are lynching him is because he isn't here.

I'm letting Pandain go.
Im letting Marv go (don't see what is so town about him though)

I would lynch Seuss, HotCottonCandy, or Sentinel.


On October 30 2013 02:32 OOHCHILD wrote:
Seuss over WoS please.

All else being equal, you lynch the weaker player so that you can benefit from the insight of the better player.
In this case Seuss is the weaker player.

I read Seuss' analysis he posted in some quick chat about some random game. He is not thinking nearly as deep in this game as he was thinking in that analysis.

WoS voting for himself. You may not like it but it's honest. He is honest about not knowing who to lynch and that leans town.


This is the statement that changes his entire half-day long outlook?
On October 30 2013 02:39 OOHCHILD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 02:36 marvellosity wrote:
On October 30 2013 02:36 OOHCHILD wrote:
I can see town placing a placeholder vote on me yesterday. I was acting weird. Also I think it's less likely that scum would actually call it a placeholder vote.

Why do you think Seuss would effectively counterclaim in that situation as mafia do you think?

This is actually a very good point. Changing my vote to WoS.

In doing so he basically assumes that one of Seuss and I have to be mafia and because it's not Seuss it must be me. I don't follow this horrible logic.

OOHCHILD my townread of you impinges on your response to me here. Why would you sheep so absolutely fucking blindly, and then go on to nuke me as well?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 30 2013 00:31 GMT
#1685
Yeah, Ooh's turnaround on you is quite remarkable.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
HotCottonCandy
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada188 Posts
October 30 2013 00:33 GMT
#1686
I have a nuke for some reason, catching up now
taste me
OOHCHILD
Profile Joined September 2013
United States570 Posts
October 30 2013 00:36 GMT
#1687
Why did I nuke you? Because you should have been lynched.

Why did I sheep a lot? I didn't really sheep I just changed my mind. I don't believe all of the vote changers can be town. Wouldn't that be OP?
Like I said I wasn't doing analysis so I couldn't really get a good read on anyone.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 00:41 GMT
#1688
It's extremely unlikely all nukes are fake, although I guess some might be, though I don't think so because there's a time limit on using the nukes, and we only have the next 12 hours to use them.

Even if some are fake, what would be more retarded then having everyone have nukes is having no one have a real nuke and thus making Sentinels role completely useless.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 00:45 GMT
#1689
Maybe you guys simply don't care but I believe even 1-2 nukes means we should treat all of them as real
HotCottonCandy
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada188 Posts
October 30 2013 00:47 GMT
#1690
We should probably all use our nukes regardless if they are real or not, much easier to read people like this because there's no hiding behind anything, you attempt to nuke one person and it says a lot about your alignment and where you stand. I'll be nuking some one soon after I read a few more filters.
taste me
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 30 2013 00:48 GMT
#1691
On October 30 2013 09:36 OOHCHILD wrote:
Why did I nuke you? Because you should have been lynched.

Why did I sheep a lot? I didn't really sheep I just changed my mind. I don't believe all of the vote changers can be town. Wouldn't that be OP?
Like I said I wasn't doing analysis so I couldn't really get a good read on anyone.

So....for no reason essentially?
Because that's what I'm reading here.
What does I 'should have been lynched' mean?
Do you know that in an overwhelming percentage of games that i have taken part in, the day one lynch is between two townies? People switching wagons does not make them scum, just the same as people staying on me alone does not make them scum.

You couldn't get a good read on anyone. Well that certainly sounds familiar, and yet it's what people wanted to lynch me for.
You just 'changed your mind.'

Jesus. I think I may have found someone whose play can actually infuriate me more than VA. The thing about you is, I'm pretty damn sure you're town for it so on the one hand, it's nice that I can read you, but on the other hand it means you're just awful.

Marv are you here? Can we talk?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 30 2013 00:51 GMT
#1692
Not really, too tired to think/talk tonight.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
OOHCHILD
Profile Joined September 2013
United States570 Posts
October 30 2013 00:52 GMT
#1693
Why have you townread me? That seems weird.
OOHCHILD
Profile Joined September 2013
United States570 Posts
October 30 2013 00:55 GMT
#1694
I can't believe the person who voted for himself is taking the high horse.
HotCottonCandy
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada188 Posts
October 30 2013 00:56 GMT
#1695
As a sidenote I feel better about sentinel wanting everybody to have nukes day 1. Even though he still hasn't really done anything so maybe im wrong but meh. Seems pro-town.
taste me
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 00:57 GMT
#1696
On October 30 2013 09:56 HotCottonCandy wrote:
As a sidenote I feel better about sentinel wanting everybody to have nukes day 1. Even though he still hasn't really done anything so maybe im wrong but meh. Seems pro-town.

It seems anti-town he didn't tell us what his power was until it was already activated
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 30 2013 00:57 GMT
#1697
On October 30 2013 09:55 OOHCHILD wrote:
I can't believe the person who voted for himself is taking the high horse.

Not taking this bait.
##shun

Fine marv, but at some point there has to be talk about what went down, and right now I'm the only one doing it.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
HotCottonCandy
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada188 Posts
October 30 2013 00:58 GMT
#1698
Im contemplating nuking strongandbig for nuking such an easy target. He can play it off later as just nuking a troll like he did in sicilian when he shot Ace. Seems eerily familiar and I was on his team for that.
taste me
OOHCHILD
Profile Joined September 2013
United States570 Posts
October 30 2013 00:59 GMT
#1699
Why did you townread WoS?
OOHCHILD
Profile Joined September 2013
United States570 Posts
October 30 2013 01:02 GMT
#1700
WHy did you townread me Wos?
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 245 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 769
ZombieGrub109
JuggernautJason79
Nathanias 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 580
White-Ra 177
firebathero 84
910 44
Killer 25
Trap 22
Counter-Strike
Fnx 774
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0177
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9709
crisheroes1928
Liquid`Hasu1731
Trikslyr75
Other Games
summit1g5520
Liquid`RaSZi5085
Beastyqt827
shahzam462
B2W.Neo277
IndyStarCraft 169
KnowMe132
ArmadaUGS126
Pyrionflax100
UpATreeSC60
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream331
Other Games
BasetradeTV183
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 38
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV311
League of Legends
• TFBlade999
Other Games
• imaqtpie738
• Shiphtur305
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 46m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.