• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:32
CEST 07:32
KST 14:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7579 users

"##" Mafia - Page 209

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 207 208 209 210 211 245 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 05 2013 13:34 GMT
#4161
rayn? lol

Prome/Sent/Oats/s&b/Candy/OOHCHILD
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 05 2013 13:34 GMT
#4162
Remember you counted up 5 for me then s&b did it after
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 05 2013 13:43 GMT
#4163
Ow only 8 alive atm. yeah.

Well medic it is. I'll track or RB depending on what hosts say.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 05 2013 13:44 GMT
#4164
I agree now there is only going to be 3 scums. But it is still not going to be Prome/Oats.

It's SnB. Then Kush.
I had a good night of sleep.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 05 2013 13:45 GMT
#4165
Generally speaking I prefer track because you get to find out who the person you're tracking was targeting, not just whether they actually performed the kill or an action or not. Gives some extra info maybe.

Say, for example, there actually somehow 4 mafia.

Mafia A performs the kill but you are doing your action on Mafia B. If you RB, then the kill still goes through and that's all there is to it. But maybe Mafia B also has an action and you get to follow them to their target.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 05 2013 13:45 GMT
#4166
no. I still think there are 4.
WoS for short win.
Pandain for reads.

I believe.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 05 2013 13:45 GMT
#4167
Ok ok I track.
I had a good night of sleep.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 05 2013 13:46 GMT
#4168
look I can't help being right.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 05 2013 13:48 GMT
#4169
Oh Kush you are not using your power tonight. just saying.
I had a good night of sleep.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 05 2013 15:21 GMT
#4170
Ok so hey guys

After the way I've been playing pretty sure if you decide to lynch me I'm not gonna be able to probe you wrong, especially with a problem set due tomorrow, another one due Friday, and my boss breathing down my neck about classes. So I'll just make a few points and then ignore it.

(1) if I'm scum, I'm definitely not the only scum left or I would have resigned. I would obviously have zero win chance, and I'm pretty sure I have conceded as scum in the past, although I can't remember a game right now (except the one where I was a hydra with Drazerk and he wouldn't let me concede. (Hydra mini mafia 2 extra nuke edition). I think there was another one but maybe not.

(2) when I've been around to play, people have apparently thought I was town. I persuaded wos and va, both of whom actually nuked me night 1, that they were incorrect.
Only pandain was still tunneling me, and does it really make sense to kill him for his correct reads on clearly the weakest members of the scum team rather than kill someone who was on to rayn or whoever the hypothetical fourth scum is? Marv is probably right, pandain was probably killed for being basically confirmed town and unlikely to be jailed or protected.

(3) if you guys think "not caring" or "apathy" is a scum tell from me at this point, you are wrong - I put way more effort into thug lyfe as scum than into noir as town, or even into golden sun as town. This game may be restoring my faith in TL towns a little bit but my recent streak has been finding town not very fun to play.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 05 2013 15:22 GMT
#4171
You need to provide alternatives.

Dunno why you signed up if you couldn't make any effort bro :/
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 05 2013 15:25 GMT
#4172
The problem is me and Koshi managed to lynch two scummers in a row even though almost everyone in the town have sat around and done nothing in the meanwhile.

Makes it really easy for final mafia(s) to hide :/
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 05 2013 15:32 GMT
#4173
As for who is scum. Here's the thing.
I kind of still think one of the charger roles is scum, and here's why.
Night 1, when rayn "accidentally" sent the wrong power to Marv. The whole time, he acted as though he always knew that the "-1" power was the "helpful" power and the "+1" power was the "harmful" power.

I really don't think this was the natural/intuitive assumption. The vast majority of the time, numbers in roles refer to the ability or strength of the role. How many KP you can block as medic or jailor; how many KP you deal as a vig; how many targets you can choose for any role, but especially as eg a list checker or other multiuse role. Like, if I was a scumteam with that power, I would be really worried about making a 1/2 KP vig into a real vig, powering up a list checker, or making a role that said "target 1 player to watch/detect/doctor/etc".

Plus, even if you only talk about costs, it could just as easily be worded as "your starting power level is X + the number of people who Twerk" or even as "you gain 1 power for each person who twerks."

The fact that rayn used the increase power on Marv and then immediately started walking it back makes means he knew it was the "harmful" power to Marv. The only way he could have known that is if there is a scum charge-up power role.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 05 2013 15:34 GMT
#4174
On November 06 2013 00:32 strongandbig wrote:
As for who is scum. Here's the thing.
I kind of still think one of the charger roles is scum, and here's why.
Night 1, when rayn "accidentally" sent the wrong power to Marv. The whole time, he acted as though he always knew that the "-1" power was the "helpful" power and the "+1" power was the "harmful" power.

I really don't think this was the natural/intuitive assumption. The vast majority of the time, numbers in roles refer to the ability or strength of the role. How many KP you can block as medic or jailor; how many KP you deal as a vig; how many targets you can choose for any role, but especially as eg a list checker or other multiuse role. Like, if I was a scumteam with that power, I would be really worried about making a 1/2 KP vig into a real vig, powering up a list checker, or making a role that said "target 1 player to watch/detect/doctor/etc".

Plus, even if you only talk about costs, it could just as easily be worded as "your starting power level is X + the number of people who Twerk" or even as "you gain 1 power for each person who twerks."

The fact that rayn used the increase power on Marv and then immediately started walking it back makes means he knew it was the "harmful" power to Marv. The only way he could have known that is if there is a scum charge-up power role.

It is explained in his role pm...
I had a good night of sleep.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 05 2013 15:35 GMT
#4175
it isn't explained very well actually Koshi. I just went back and read.

It's not obvious at all unless mafia knows that's how our powerup roles work.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 05 2013 15:36 GMT
#4176
On November 06 2013 00:22 marvellosity wrote:
You need to provide alternatives.

Dunno why you signed up if you couldn't make any effort bro :/

Being scum in thug life was really fun. I thought town would be more fun too. I just need to take a break for a month or so.

Like, it's not that I couldn't have put in more effort up to now, I only started having boss pressure this week. It's more that I didn't really feel like putting in more effort, specifically on day 2.

I put in a satisfactory (to me) amount of effort day 1 and night 1. I persuaded the people who wanted to lynch me that I am town. And then on day 2 we had Marv guarantee and it didnt seem necessary or worthwhile to put in more effort.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 05 2013 15:38 GMT
#4177
aight s&b, you don't need me lecturing you or anything, just know if you're town it makes it more difficult for the rest of us ^^
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 05 2013 15:38 GMT
#4178
On November 06 2013 00:34 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2013 00:32 strongandbig wrote:
As for who is scum. Here's the thing.
I kind of still think one of the charger roles is scum, and here's why.
Night 1, when rayn "accidentally" sent the wrong power to Marv. The whole time, he acted as though he always knew that the "-1" power was the "helpful" power and the "+1" power was the "harmful" power.

I really don't think this was the natural/intuitive assumption. The vast majority of the time, numbers in roles refer to the ability or strength of the role. How many KP you can block as medic or jailor; how many KP you deal as a vig; how many targets you can choose for any role, but especially as eg a list checker or other multiuse role. Like, if I was a scumteam with that power, I would be really worried about making a 1/2 KP vig into a real vig, powering up a list checker, or making a role that said "target 1 player to watch/detect/doctor/etc".

Plus, even if you only talk about costs, it could just as easily be worded as "your starting power level is X + the number of people who Twerk" or even as "you gain 1 power for each person who twerks."

The fact that rayn used the increase power on Marv and then immediately started walking it back makes means he knew it was the "harmful" power to Marv. The only way he could have known that is if there is a scum charge-up power role.

It is explained in his role pm...

Nah, it just says something like "any numbers which cannot be written in another way"
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 05 2013 15:39 GMT
#4179
On November 05 2013 07:02 Crossfire99 wrote:
You are President Barack Obama! As the President of the United States, you have glorious power within the world of twitter and use your ##abilities it for pure evil.

You have the following abilities. You cannot target the same player twice in a row, you can only use one ability per cycle, and you cannot use the same ability twice in a row.
  • By typing ##Delegate Player (make sure the player’s name is spelled exactly like their full TL user name) in the thread, you will cause all relevant numbers that cannot be expressed in another fashion in the person's role pm to be increased by 1 for 1 cycle starting the phase after you typed ##Delegate Player in thread (e.g. 1-shot does not become 2-shot). Note: The targeted player will receive a pm telling them this info.
  • By typing ##Relegate Player (make sure the player’s name is spelled exactly like their full TL user name) in the thread, you will cause all relevant numbers that cannot be expressed in another fashion in the person's role pm to be decreased by 1 for 1 cycle starting the phase after you typed ##Relegate Player in thread. Note: The targeted player will receive a pm telling them this info.
  • By typing ##Cloister Player (make sure the player’s name is spelled exactly like their full TL user name) in the thread, you will delay the effects of a target's actions by 1 cycle. Note: This effect lasts for 1 full cycle and affects all actions done by this player excluding voting. It takes place during the phase you use it, but it will not delay in-thread actions that are completed once used, e.g. dayvigs are not delayed, but nukes would be delayed. It also does not prevent the target from acting the following cycle, so a player may very well have 2 actions resolve that cycle.

You win with the Mafia. Your mafia qt is here:

Like it's totally not obvious to me that rayn's power does what it actually did. And he used it super fast.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 05 2013 15:41 GMT
#4180
Happy post 16,0000 Marv!!
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Prev 1 207 208 209 210 211 245 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 43
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 489
Hyuk 463
Leta 108
Icarus 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm231
League of Legends
JimRising 743
Other Games
summit1g9591
WinterStarcraft464
Mew2King83
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick956
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream159
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Rush1352
• Lourlo1033
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 29m
INu's Battles
6h 29m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 29m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 29m
Replay Cast
17h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.