• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:19
CEST 17:19
KST 00:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7756 users

Hogwarts Mafia - Page 24

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 Next All
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 31 2013 09:29 GMT
#5358
On October 31 2013 18:28 raynpelikonoshi wrote:
What i am trying to say is. Think about yourself in BH's situation.

Whether or not you sent in the kill on N2 (you probably did as there was no-kill), you got roleblocked by Mocsta, who claimed the roleblock. Town knows you were roleblocked, would you risk sending in the kill again on N3 in case the roleblocker just "wants to be sure of you" -- after all he rb'd a claimed doctor on N2 already.

Fair point.

So shall i target BH or Grack with redirection tonight? Or shoudl the magic carpet be used whilst we know syllo is alive (and onegu doesnt have majority)
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 31 2013 09:35 GMT
#5360
On October 31 2013 18:30 raynpelikonoshi wrote:
what does redirection & magic carp do?

I can choose a target and have their night actions redirected

magic carpet swaps the actions of A to B

(I cant remember if B is the magic carpet user)
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 31 2013 21:43 GMT
#5475
OK.....I only checked host filter but hybwas BH delayed?

I used redirection on onegu, but the target is random.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 01 2013 00:18 GMT
#5530
On November 01 2013 05:14 syllogism wrote:
I wonder if non-conseq medic was just a lucky guess on his part, since Sn0 was non-conseq as well

They may have had a fake claim that is non-conseq

Caught up on the real thread now (anyone else have TL Mafia missing from side bar???)

Anyways, its nice to know how BH was vigged.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 01 2013 00:19 GMT
#5531
On November 01 2013 06:31 raynpelikonoshi wrote:
Have you been reading?
I changed the action when we figured for sure BH is scum with Mocsta.

I assume you mean: you and I worked together to confirm BH as scum,

rather than, BH and I were a scum team.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 01 2013 00:25 GMT
#5532
On November 01 2013 07:30 Skanjab1s wrote:
Also, why would there be 2 scum and a miller in Slytherin?

Sillybilly

This is beyond stupid, especially as at the start of the game, people were discussing scum randoming into houses BECAUSE of what *YOU* asked in our QT.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 01 2013 00:28 GMT
#5534
On November 01 2013 07:37 raynpelikonoshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 07:34 Grackaroni wrote:
I'm not trying to pass the blame on to you. It just annoys me how you say I'm underperforming considering how the game has gone from my perspective.

The only thing i think you are underperforming for is that you have literall had Skanjabs as your top scumread with a good case on him from D2 and you havn't managed to convince the town to kill him. :D

I agree town hasn't helped much in that, especially Cephiro and CR...

This doesn't make sense.

There is no false dilemma, one scum remains.

If Grack *is* scum; the case on Skanjab can not be good.

If Grack *is* town; the case on Skanjab *could* be good, but then he is just underperforming town.
There is no relevance to this Rayn.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 01 2013 00:33 GMT
#5535
On November 01 2013 08:37 Skanjab1s wrote:
Yeah, its not me though, and holyflare wasn't really pushing the onegu lynch all that hard, he was more mildly stroking it.

I actually agree with this.

I only read HolyFlare filter once, but I got the impression it was distancing.
(I believe HF was attacking Onegu as early as Day 1)

This game is over based on town # + town invulnerability, it really boils down to a couple things
(1) Is scum trying to die with pride (i.e. secure as many mislynch as possible)
(2) Do people want to waste up to another 6 days of their life on this game?

Realistically,

RNG into:

Grack, Skanjab, and if that doesn't work JAT before Rayn (yes, JAT before Rayn) and the game should be over.

With the number advantage, town is guaranteed for that to occur.
Scum really should concede, but whatever. I will keep playing for another 24hrs of my life.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 01 2013 00:34 GMT
#5536
Ohh. i forgot to add Onegu to that list.

Prob

Onegu, Skanjab, Grack, Jat, Rayn

##Vote: Onegu
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 01 2013 00:36 GMT
#5537
On November 01 2013 09:25 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 07:30 Skanjab1s wrote:
Also, why would there be 2 scum and a miller in Slytherin?

Sillybilly

This is beyond stupid, especially as at the start of the game, people were discussing scum randoming into houses BECAUSE of what *YOU* asked in our QT.

It is dumb.

Its like saying, whats the probability of heads turning up after 5 heads in a row.

Its still 50/50 every single time.

Yes, the combination 1-1-1-3 may be more unlikely to roll than 2-2-1-1,
however, the permutations are all equivalent.

Fact is, 1-1-1-3 (+ SAM) is a possibility.

In the recently finished newbie; LoneMeow (cohost) said that the chance for that setup to roll was something liek 0.5%.
It still rolled.

Comment stands: "beyond stupid"
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 01 2013 00:50 GMT
#5540
I should add that I find a vet claim to be too simple for this game.
Either everyone is a squib; or other than the masons, the roles are quite complicated.

Further, with all the Heal Power that town possess; veteran seems unlikely.

Onegu should be lynched first.


Skanjab is fucking annoying I agree, but thats not a reason to lynch someone (first, at least).
+ Given the situation scum were in Day2; it still doesn't make sense to me that Skanjab would last minute vote onto Stutters the way he did. I find that to be extremely townie. Enough that I am willing to lynch Onegu before Skanjab.



Unfortunately nothing can be made of the magic carpet.
JAT + Skanjab were swapped & Syllo/Onegu were aware.

JAT was best priority shot for scum with the vig claim onto BH; so if Onegu was scum, they knew not to shoot JAT.
Its also possible my redirection on Onegu randomed the kill onto Hopeless1der.
Either way, no point discussing it further.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 01 2013 00:54 GMT
#5542
On November 01 2013 09:46 Grackaroni wrote:
You think JAT is scum over Rayn? You realize he killed Blazinghand.... and Lonemeow.....

I dont think JAT is scum, but *if* we get to the point that

Onegu, Skanjab, Grack are not scum. We are dealing with a wildcard factor.

Hence, JAT is that wildcard. *I find it extremely unlikely essentially impossible* we are in this scenario though.
Just stating really.



Prob the only reason I would vote Skabjab >> Onegu today is based on the dickhead factor.
In the sense of, Out of those 3, Skanjab is the person I would assume to be least likely to concede given the current state of affairs.

Given this game has gone on for what, almost 3 weeks, I think all of us are keen for it to end.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 01 2013 00:54 GMT
#5543
On November 01 2013 09:53 Grackaroni wrote:
Hopeless kill made sense. He had a cop check this cycle.

Did he? I thought he gave a potion to JAT that gave alignment back to Hopeless1der.
But JAT didnt use it
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 01 2013 01:02 GMT
#5545
On November 01 2013 09:58 Skanjab1s wrote:
Rofl, mocsta, you just have to insult me in every post you make dont you :D

You did not deny the statement either.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 01 2013 04:00 GMT
#5546
Rayn/JAT are yellow as assumed town

[image loading]

I am not so certain Skanjab is scum.
Though the scum team did a good job of not voting together (and Skanjab fits that pattern)
His deviation just feels more "chaotic" in general i.e. I think he is maybe just a reckless town; probably even a bored VT.

+ There is that vote switch on Day 2.
On October 24 2013 23:15 Cephiro wrote:
I secret voted Stutters because I thought the lynch was between two townies and Stutters had been of no use.


On October 22 2013 04:58 You-Know-Who wrote:
VOTE COUNT DAY 2:


Blazinghand (1) : StorrZerg, raynpelikonoshi, Mocsta, Grackaroni, Holyflare, syllogism, Onegu
Mattchew (0) : Mocsta, Onegu, raynpelikonoshi
Cephiro (2) : Mocsta, Sn0_Man, StorrZerg, Hopeless1der, Stutters695
Mocsta (0) : syllogism, Hopeless1der, Blazinghand
Grackaroni (1) : VayneAuthority
Holyflare (0) : Hopeless1der, syllogism
Hopeless1der (1) : Mattchew, Cephiro, Mattchew, StorrZerg
Chairman Ray (6) : syllogism, Onegu, Sn0_Man, Grackaroni, Skanjab1s, justanothertownie, Stutters695
Stutters695 (7) : Sn0_Man, Blazinghand, raynpelikonoshi, ChairmanRay, StorrZerg, Cephiro, Sn0_Man, Secret Vote (Secret Vote was from Cephiro)
He was already on the town chair wagon, with a town stutters counter-wagon. I just can't see scum motivation for hopping wagons.

I do think this clears Skanjab. The play is just overall too reckless; and post-night 1 massacre, scum were still playing controlled, as evident by their votes above.



As for Onegu, I can't get over ET calling him out, and then going back for seconds. HF tried to sell this as ET making comment on Onegu at an odd time; thus, distancing himself -- but I don't interpret the thread developing like that.

Onegu posted he was reading the thread and ET responded with "....' and then followed up a case. My take is that he sniffed lynch-bait.



This leaves us with Grack.
Not single member of the scum team has voted for Grack.
This includes Holy's flurry of votes before he was lynched.

Besides the weird assertion of forcefully calling him town, I am willing to lynch Grack --> Onegu --> Skanjab

##Unvote
##Vote: Grack


Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 01 2013 04:45 GMT
#5549
On November 01 2013 13:40 Skanjab1s wrote:
What about the house check on Hufflepuff that said there was only 1 scum in it, Mocsta?

Ohh yeah I forgot about that.

Then back to onegu. Vet role seems out of place in this game.

Would help if you claimed though. I really don't get why you wont
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 01 2013 15:13 GMT
#5604
meh mehn, I'm just on cruise control JAT

##unvote
##vote: skanjab


agree with syllo. he is unnecessarily hostile.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 01 2013 22:40 GMT
#5627
On November 02 2013 06:32 syllogism wrote:
It is very important that we coordinate and you do not attempt to confuse mafia or anything. Randomizing Grack's actions is best from my perspective.

Ok
Was ska n vt?

If so Grack makes that balanced.

I still think onegu power is out of place with the game and wanted to random him.

Let me know if you still prefer grack
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 01 2013 22:49 GMT
#5631
Grackeroni has been randomly redirected
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 01 2013 23:36 GMT
#5636
After seeing Onegu flip scum in ##

I come back to my conclusion before. His filter is scummy and matches his town meta.

So yeah, between Grack/Rayn; I much prefer Grack.
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM339
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 329
Reynor 222
ByuN 153
TKL 120
Railgan 79
Codebar 65
BRAT_OK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 60287
Bisu 2865
FanTaSy 1030
Stork 849
Calm 604
Rush 427
hero 412
firebathero 202
Snow 142
Sharp 91
[ Show more ]
Free 67
Mind 66
Sea.KH 52
Pusan 49
ToSsGirL 38
Trap 38
Sexy 32
Mong 25
Bale 25
Terrorterran 24
Hm[arnc] 22
Aegong 21
Rock 20
HiyA 17
soO 17
Sacsri 10
Shine 10
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8458
Dendi1054
Counter-Strike
fl0m4307
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
singsing2299
Liquid`RaSZi1404
B2W.Neo734
Beastyqt587
olofmeister482
Mlord457
Khaldor425
KnowMe299
Hui .214
crisheroes174
Chillindude61
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV254
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• HeavenSC 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony6
• niya90s 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV572
League of Legends
• Nemesis3431
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1750
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 41m
OSC
7h 41m
Replay Cast
7h 41m
OSC
20h 41m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.