• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:29
CEST 07:29
KST 14:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8737 users

Hogwarts Mafia - Page 23

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 296 Next
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 16 2013 23:36 GMT
#441
EBWOP: missed a bit from copying from another tab

On October 17 2013 08:26 Hopeless1der wrote:
Holy, do you believe grack STATING that he wouldnt submit a line to be null, like koshi suggests?


It's null so much as that it could be scum or town. Obviously he could just not say it but what information does he have that it won't get displayed later? It's just an odd thing to say when it's very easy to open a new tab and google 'harry potter pick up lines' and copy paste. Better to at least have it in writing as either alignment than not say it at all and possibly get picked out for it later.

Either way. I don't know, I'm kinda getting tired of discussing it for now. I've said all that can be said. Unfortunately toad went to bed so I can't discuss the other stuff he mentioned before about Skan.

But since you guys are around;
On October 17 2013 08:35 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2013 08:16 Skanjab1s wrote:
On October 17 2013 08:15 I-be-Pro wrote:
On October 17 2013 08:05 Skanjab1s wrote:
On October 17 2013 08:01 I-be-Pro wrote:
Anyways, that's it for me, have to wake up in 7 hours again. Something that might be interesting from my QT or might just be plainly nothing:

Skanjab1s asked if I am I-be-Pro (I called myself Toad in the QT... sry) - nothing wrong with this one at all, despite my recent attacks against him.
snowman answered that question with a positive (trying to rephrase here...)

Think he has been reading the thread and is actively lurking atm. Make of that what you want. I don't have the time to type any more tonight, sry.


If you think is nothing wrong with it, then why bother posting it at all? Seems rather pointless, no?

It's how I play d1. I make a big deal out of very minor things to make people talk about things happening in the thread instead of talking about politics/house-quests or whatever else. The intention is to get some reactions from people and have a quick start into d1. Some people have to start the discussion somehow and I usually take that as my job on d1.

Means I'm usually a big meanie on d1 and I'm often times stating things that look like nothing to people and they're hardly anything else to me most of the time as well. But I find that a lot better than having a discussion the first 24 hours about some weird plan of someone because people have to commit somewhat the way I'm doing things.

I might add it is currently working but now I'm really sleeping


So your plan for catching scum is "post things that aren't important, because then people will talk about unimportant things and that will give me reads"


What do you think of him OMGUSing this. His defenses have been kind of shitty IMO and then when someone says they want to generate discussion he is surprised by it? Any discussion that isn't the normal policy lynch crap is good discussion. Look at what we've got already, people soft defending, people criticising and people discussing. Why is he attacking for this?

Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 16 2013 23:37 GMT
#442
On October 17 2013 08:35 Mattchew wrote:
a lot of soft accusations being thrown at Skanjab1s

and dont we always have to lynch the self aware miller or is that some other weird role?

We don't KNOW (winkwink) if he is or isn't, I think he gets benefit of the doubt to try and prove townieness.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 16 2013 23:39 GMT
#443
Holy I'm a little confused with the pronouns. Can you clarify? I think you're having a go at skanj but I'm not 100% on that
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
October 16 2013 23:43 GMT
#444
On October 17 2013 08:35 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2013 08:16 Skanjab1s wrote:
On October 17 2013 08:15 I-be-Pro wrote:
On October 17 2013 08:05 Skanjab1s wrote:
On October 17 2013 08:01 I-be-Pro wrote:
Anyways, that's it for me, have to wake up in 7 hours again. Something that might be interesting from my QT or might just be plainly nothing:

Skanjab1s asked if I am I-be-Pro (I called myself Toad in the QT... sry) - nothing wrong with this one at all, despite my recent attacks against him.
snowman answered that question with a positive (trying to rephrase here...)

Think he has been reading the thread and is actively lurking atm. Make of that what you want. I don't have the time to type any more tonight, sry.


If you think is nothing wrong with it, then why bother posting it at all? Seems rather pointless, no?

It's how I play d1. I make a big deal out of very minor things to make people talk about things happening in the thread instead of talking about politics/house-quests or whatever else. The intention is to get some reactions from people and have a quick start into d1. Some people have to start the discussion somehow and I usually take that as my job on d1.

Means I'm usually a big meanie on d1 and I'm often times stating things that look like nothing to people and they're hardly anything else to me most of the time as well. But I find that a lot better than having a discussion the first 24 hours about some weird plan of someone because people have to commit somewhat the way I'm doing things.

I might add it is currently working but now I'm really sleeping


So your plan for catching scum is "post things that aren't important, because then people will talk about unimportant things and that will give me reads"


What do you think of him OMGUSing this. His defenses have been kind of shitty IMO and then when someone says they want to generate discussion he is surprised by it? Any discussion that isn't the normal policy lynch crap is good discussion. Look at what we've got already, people soft defending, people criticising and people discussing. Why is he attacking for this?


It is not an OMGUS at all. I'm not voting for him, nor am I FoSing him. Calm down sonny.

Also calling me out for OMGUSing is quite silly when all the active people barr one have accused me.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 16 2013 23:43 GMT
#445
Sorry that all fucked up. All I'm saying is that he is calling out everyone that is having a go at him, especially Toad, who at this point has generated the most discussion. Why is that? It's odd to question someones motives when the motives were "i want to generate discussion".

He's shitflinging and not really helping us.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 16 2013 23:45 GMT
#446
If you're not FoSing him why even mention what he is doing in a post? That's pointless. He points something out. You say the logic that's going through your mind of why you did it, you move on and do some scum hunting. That would be the natural course of events?
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
October 16 2013 23:53 GMT
#447
On October 17 2013 08:45 Holyflare wrote:
If you're not FoSing him why even mention what he is doing in a post? That's pointless. He points something out. You say the logic that's going through your mind of why you did it, you move on and do some scum hunting. That would be the natural course of events?


You're pointing out that what I said was pointless in a post where I point out what he was said was pointless. Really now.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 16 2013 23:55 GMT
#448
Difference being: holy is (almost) calling you scum skanj. P.s. toad's post wasn't pointless as I tried to show you.
LastArgument
Profile Joined July 2010
United States152 Posts
October 16 2013 23:57 GMT
#449
On October 17 2013 08:30 Mocsta wrote:

Firstly,
I'm not sure why Supersoft/Toad want to release the house member distribution so eagerly?

Could either of you please divulge some reasoning behind this play

I know neither of them played GoT; but IIRC, the end-game discussion resulted in agreement between players/hosts that it was in towns best interest NOT to give out the house information. Though the setups are not identical, there are enough commonalities for me to conclude that the reasons in that game, pertain in this game.

i.e. mafia are randomly distributed; and there is potential there is at least one house they have not corrupted. Why give this information to them for free --> especially when we don't know what type of roles they have etc.



I don't understand any of this reasoning. The only situation where mafia don't understand the exact player make-up of each house is when all the mafia are stacked in 1 or 2 houses. If they're in 3 houses they can obviously deduce the fourth. A mathematician will probably be able to tell you how likely it is that all mafia are in 2 or fewer houses, but I don't think the probability is very high.

What information do you think mafia are being given by releasing the members of people's houses then?
If i have learned one thing from life, it's that every man wants something
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 17 2013 00:01 GMT
#450
On October 17 2013 08:53 Skanjab1s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2013 08:45 Holyflare wrote:
If you're not FoSing him why even mention what he is doing in a post? That's pointless. He points something out. You say the logic that's going through your mind of why you did it, you move on and do some scum hunting. That would be the natural course of events?


You're pointing out that what I said was pointless in a post where I point out what he was said was pointless. Really now.


He's telling you the reasoning behind his actions. He's pointing out new information that we could not have unless we were in his house QT that he deemed not very relevant but we MAY. It's the divulgence which is useful. To call his post pointless was dismissing these facts.

I am calling out the fact that you seem against deciphering new information. All information is good information.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 17 2013 00:01 GMT
#451
(Completely made up ability) polyjuice potion/roleblock and infiltrate target [house] player's QT. This ability fails if you guess the targets house incorrectly.

Mocsta's tone is definitely protown, even if you don't like the logic.
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
October 17 2013 00:02 GMT
#452
On October 17 2013 09:01 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2013 08:53 Skanjab1s wrote:
On October 17 2013 08:45 Holyflare wrote:
If you're not FoSing him why even mention what he is doing in a post? That's pointless. He points something out. You say the logic that's going through your mind of why you did it, you move on and do some scum hunting. That would be the natural course of events?


You're pointing out that what I said was pointless in a post where I point out what he was said was pointless. Really now.


He's telling you the reasoning behind his actions. He's pointing out new information that we could not have unless we were in his house QT that he deemed not very relevant but we MAY. It's the divulgence which is useful. To call his post pointless was dismissing these facts.

I am calling out the fact that you seem against deciphering new information. All information is good information.


Please tell me how any read whatsoever could be divulged from the information that he shared?
LastArgument
Profile Joined July 2010
United States152 Posts
October 17 2013 00:03 GMT
#453
On October 17 2013 09:01 Hopeless1der wrote:
(Completely made up ability) polyjuice potion/roleblock and infiltrate target [house] player's QT. This ability fails if you guess the targets house incorrectly.

Mocsta's tone is definitely protown, even if you don't like the logic.


Again, mafia will have this information already barring exceptional circumstances and town will not.

I don't understand your point.
If i have learned one thing from life, it's that every man wants something
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 17 2013 00:05 GMT
#454
On October 17 2013 09:02 Skanjab1s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2013 09:01 Holyflare wrote:
On October 17 2013 08:53 Skanjab1s wrote:
On October 17 2013 08:45 Holyflare wrote:
If you're not FoSing him why even mention what he is doing in a post? That's pointless. He points something out. You say the logic that's going through your mind of why you did it, you move on and do some scum hunting. That would be the natural course of events?


You're pointing out that what I said was pointless in a post where I point out what he was said was pointless. Really now.


He's telling you the reasoning behind his actions. He's pointing out new information that we could not have unless we were in his house QT that he deemed not very relevant but we MAY. It's the divulgence which is useful. To call his post pointless was dismissing these facts.

I am calling out the fact that you seem against deciphering new information. All information is good information.


Please tell me how any read whatsoever could be divulged from the information that he shared?

That's literally the point of the game. Skanj, take this as an opportunity to take a break for a bit. I think you're being overwhelmed right now and youre on tilt. You are not fostering productive discussions.
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
October 17 2013 00:06 GMT
#455
Okay Ill be back later then
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 17 2013 00:09 GMT
#456
On October 17 2013 09:03 LastArgument wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2013 09:01 Hopeless1der wrote:
(Completely made up ability) polyjuice potion/roleblock and infiltrate target [house] player's QT. This ability fails if you guess the targets house incorrectly.

Mocsta's tone is definitely protown, even if you don't like the logic.


Again, mafia will have this information already barring exceptional circumstances and town will not.

I don't understand your point.

My point is that mocsta is right, you don't donate information you don't need to. Closed setups and contests and whatnot. I gave a poor example, but it demonstrates a case where information can be used against us.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 17 2013 00:09 GMT
#457
On October 17 2013 09:02 Skanjab1s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2013 09:01 Holyflare wrote:
On October 17 2013 08:53 Skanjab1s wrote:
On October 17 2013 08:45 Holyflare wrote:
If you're not FoSing him why even mention what he is doing in a post? That's pointless. He points something out. You say the logic that's going through your mind of why you did it, you move on and do some scum hunting. That would be the natural course of events?


You're pointing out that what I said was pointless in a post where I point out what he was said was pointless. Really now.


He's telling you the reasoning behind his actions. He's pointing out new information that we could not have unless we were in his house QT that he deemed not very relevant but we MAY. It's the divulgence which is useful. To call his post pointless was dismissing these facts.

I am calling out the fact that you seem against deciphering new information. All information is good information.


Please tell me how any read whatsoever could be divulged from the information that he shared?


He posted that Sn0_Man was answering in QT. He was not posting in here at the time. That is extra information that we could not gather unless he stated it. Already, we see that he picked on a little point and there have been many pages discussing it. That is more information for reads to be formulated later in the game. The way people defend themselves, the way people defend others. That is all information that you scour through later in the game to formulate a case and win the game. If people post "oh I like this policy", they are just posting opinions, THAT woud be useless information. He has generated discussion about a person that is infinitely more useful.

Stifling that is abhorrent. Why question it?
LastArgument
Profile Joined July 2010
United States152 Posts
October 17 2013 00:10 GMT
#458
On October 17 2013 09:09 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2013 09:03 LastArgument wrote:
On October 17 2013 09:01 Hopeless1der wrote:
(Completely made up ability) polyjuice potion/roleblock and infiltrate target [house] player's QT. This ability fails if you guess the targets house incorrectly.

Mocsta's tone is definitely protown, even if you don't like the logic.


Again, mafia will have this information already barring exceptional circumstances and town will not.

I don't understand your point.

My point is that mocsta is right, you don't donate information you don't need to. Closed setups and contests and whatnot. I gave a poor example, but it demonstrates a case where information can be used against us.


No, it didn't, in your example town is hindered, not mafia.

And to repeat, it's information mafia are very likely in possession of already, whereas town are not.

Why are you finding this difficult to comprehend?
If i have learned one thing from life, it's that every man wants something
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 17 2013 00:17 GMT
#459
That is what I was trying to say in my example...you've agreed with me. As to information, I do not know what mafia knows, nor what they WANT to know. Unless town needs the breakdown for some reason, there is zero benefit to giving it away.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 17 2013 00:18 GMT
#460
On October 17 2013 09:10 LastArgument wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2013 09:09 Hopeless1der wrote:
On October 17 2013 09:03 LastArgument wrote:
On October 17 2013 09:01 Hopeless1der wrote:
(Completely made up ability) polyjuice potion/roleblock and infiltrate target [house] player's QT. This ability fails if you guess the targets house incorrectly.

Mocsta's tone is definitely protown, even if you don't like the logic.


Again, mafia will have this information already barring exceptional circumstances and town will not.

I don't understand your point.

My point is that mocsta is right, you don't donate information you don't need to. Closed setups and contests and whatnot. I gave a poor example, but it demonstrates a case where information can be used against us.


No, it didn't, in your example town is hindered, not mafia.

And to repeat, it's information mafia are very likely in possession of already, whereas town are not.

Why are you finding this difficult to comprehend?

Out of everything in the thread thus far.

Why is it that you are purely commenting on that item?

Can you guarantee scum know who is what house?

Heres a tidbit.. in GoT... a player took the exact same stance you did... that player flipped scum

What is your opinion on the rest of the thread; for example, what do you make of I-Be-So-Pro interchanges with Supersoft.
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 296 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft704
PiGStarcraft234
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 432
Stork 213
ggaemo 154
Leta 128
PianO 61
Hyuk 31
Bale 15
yabsab 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm207
League of Legends
JimRising 688
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox498
Mew2King79
Westballz33
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor676
Other Games
summit1g9008
Coldzera 830
C9.Mang0302
Sick136
RuFF_SC2113
ViBE79
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick688
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1410
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2190
League of Legends
• Lourlo1244
• Stunt512
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 31m
Online Event
5h 31m
FEL
10h 31m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 31m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 31m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.