• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:12
CEST 07:12
KST 14:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War425.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8750 users

Desert Mini Mafia - Page 25

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 150 Next
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
August 29 2013 20:22 GMT
#481
On August 30 2013 05:20 debears wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 05:19 Hapahauli wrote:
On August 30 2013 05:17 debears wrote:
That is not a read on raynp

Scum, Town, Null?


Town

"Oookay interesting vote on SnO... wait wut he think's Sno is town?!? How does that make any goddamn sense?"
"Oh wait that's the most absurdly attention-whorey move ever, seems townie."


How town?


Do you not read what I post? The 180 he did is so absurdly attention-grabby, and makes incredibly very little sense as scum. As scum, you want to vote someone and justify it to look "clean." Rayn certainly can spam a thread to hell as either allignment, but going in, voting someone, then 180'ing on it right away on such strong terms is incredibly attention-grabby and not something I'd think a scum would go into a thread and plan.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
August 29 2013 20:23 GMT
#482
On August 30 2013 05:20 debears wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 05:19 Hapahauli wrote:
On August 30 2013 05:17 debears wrote:
That is not a read on raynp

Scum, Town, Null?


Town

"Oookay interesting vote on SnO... wait wut he think's Sno is town?!? How does that make any goddamn sense?"
"Oh wait that's the most absurdly attention-whorey move ever, seems townie."


How town?

WTF kind of question is that? Its less than 24hrs into day 1...
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
August 29 2013 20:24 GMT
#483
@debears
Stop talking to me. My read on you is either really annoying scum or extremely dumb town. I think I'm leaning dumb town. Honestly if you are town, you should be grateful as fuck I'm not scum or I'd be mislynching the shit out of you right now.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
August 29 2013 20:26 GMT
#484
On August 30 2013 05:20 Tutankoopa wrote:
Hapa, did you see my question?

On August 30 2013 05:07 Tutankoopa wrote:
Do you have an opinion about what this post says about his alignment?

Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 03:28 debears wrote:
On August 30 2013 03:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
debears you are right about what you said.

Also i have a question to you:
Have you actually read the whole thread? I mean, sciberbia's attitude towards me and Onegu's town-meta have been topics of discussion before and they have been explained. Why have you missed them if you have read the thread before you started posting?


When I see a bunch of short posts about different people from different people, I tune out. It's worthless trying to keep that organized in my head.

I worry about the main happenings. Who's against who. Who's active and talking to others about actual stuff.

That kinda thing. I only zone in when something jumps out (have a feeling)



It's certainly a candid post but nothing that sways me either way by itself.

Right now I'm trying to determine if debears' push on syl is malicious or confirmation-biased. I'm leaning towards the latter right now, but still not 100% sure.

Regardless, he's not scummy enough to have my vote on him
##Unvote
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Tutankoopa
Profile Joined August 2013
United States145 Posts
August 29 2013 20:29 GMT
#485
You're obviously the worst person to ask this but would you have still unvoted debears about now had I not asked you that question?
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
August 29 2013 20:29 GMT
#486
You guys are no fun......how do you both go from scum to dumb town at the same time on me

On August 30 2013 05:22 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 05:20 debears wrote:
On August 30 2013 05:19 Hapahauli wrote:
On August 30 2013 05:17 debears wrote:
That is not a read on raynp

Scum, Town, Null?


Town

"Oookay interesting vote on SnO... wait wut he think's Sno is town?!? How does that make any goddamn sense?"
"Oh wait that's the most absurdly attention-whorey move ever, seems townie."


How town?


Do you not read what I post? The 180 he did is so absurdly attention-grabby, and makes incredibly very little sense as scum. As scum, you want to vote someone and justify it to look "clean." Rayn certainly can spam a thread to hell as either allignment, but going in, voting someone, then 180'ing on it right away on such strong terms is incredibly attention-grabby and not something I'd think a scum would go into a thread and plan.


The point of this post was to get a number from you, but you clearly must have a 95% town read on him also.

Good to know
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
August 29 2013 20:30 GMT
#487
On August 30 2013 05:29 debears wrote:
You guys are no fun......how do you both go from scum to dumb town at the same time on me

Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 05:22 Hapahauli wrote:
On August 30 2013 05:20 debears wrote:
On August 30 2013 05:19 Hapahauli wrote:
On August 30 2013 05:17 debears wrote:
That is not a read on raynp

Scum, Town, Null?


Town

"Oookay interesting vote on SnO... wait wut he think's Sno is town?!? How does that make any goddamn sense?"
"Oh wait that's the most absurdly attention-whorey move ever, seems townie."


How town?


Do you not read what I post? The 180 he did is so absurdly attention-grabby, and makes incredibly very little sense as scum. As scum, you want to vote someone and justify it to look "clean." Rayn certainly can spam a thread to hell as either allignment, but going in, voting someone, then 180'ing on it right away on such strong terms is incredibly attention-grabby and not something I'd think a scum would go into a thread and plan.


The point of this post was to get a number from you, but you clearly must have a 95% town read on him also.

Good to know


Numbers are stupid... as if you can "quantify" someone's alignment. But yes, I have a fairly strong town-read on Rayn. Is that relevant in some way?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
August 29 2013 20:31 GMT
#488
On August 30 2013 05:29 Tutankoopa wrote:
You're obviously the worst person to ask this but would you have still unvoted debears about now had I not asked you that question?


I probably would have kept the screws on a bit more and then unvoted. Can't say for certain how our conversation would have ended up though.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Tutankoopa
Profile Joined August 2013
United States145 Posts
August 29 2013 20:33 GMT
#489
that goddamn mafia uncertainty principle!

Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
August 29 2013 20:34 GMT
#490
@ Onegu

On August 30 2013 02:22 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 01:49 yamato77 wrote:
I'm really only interested in figuring out the alignments of Marv and Hapa, because if they are town they will figure the rest of you out and we'll win the game. If they are scum we lynch them and the game becomes far easier to figure out. So forgive me for ignoring everyone else, my posts will be focused on them.

First of all, the way Marv entered the thread earlier today acting superior is a "holier than thou" attitude that I would not expect from town Marv towards two players he has played with so much in the past (Oats and myself). Mind you, his interactions with us basically served no purpose other than to establish his early activity, discredit my early vote, and to shit up the thread with Oats. He doesn't think either of us are mafia. Plenty of mafia motivation in his actions there. Since then, of course, he's been pro-town, but I know he's more than capable of that for at least a few hours.

What is even more perplexing to me is that Hapa, when questioned about the alignment of Marv, specifically said that this did not look like a "holier-than-thou" scum-Marv. If Hapa was town and Marv scum, he may be the only one well-versed enough in the wiles of mafia Marvellosity to truly push his lynch, but this shows that he's either not reading Marv very closely or has pre-decided what he thinks of Marv with some information from out of the thread. Either way, this is what a mafia Hapa would be like regarding Marv as either alignment. I may yet be wrong and this could be attributable to Hapa being up late and tired from all the awesome DotA we played, but it's something to note.

Aside from those interactions, I've yet to be particularly impressed by the scumhunting efforts of either player, but it is still in the first half of D1 and there is time yet to do better. Hapa going after debears was not what I usually see out of him as town.

If anyone wants to talk about the alignment of these two, feel free to respond. I will be on thread later.



I actually agree with this post alot, and it gives me heavy town read from yamato, as I have only played with him being mafia and he had zero posts like this. I dont know thier meta as well as alot of people, but I do like how hapa called me out with reasons, while marv just said I would be the second person he would lynch because he doesnt know where I am going.


Can you explain your heavy-town read on Yamato? What do you mean by "zero posts like this?"

You seemed to have the opposite reaction to that post compared to most other people in the thread.

Also, you seem to be suspicious of marv - can you give more concrete/clear reasons?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 29 2013 20:34 GMT
#491
I am actaully interested in hearing who you think is scum Hapa. Right now i have no idea.
table for two on a tv tray
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 29 2013 20:36 GMT
#492
Sn0_Man (0) raynpelikoneet
raynpelikoneet (0) yamato77 tutankoopa
tutankoopa (3) Oatsmaster Hopeless1der raynpelikoneet
Sciberbia (1) sn0_Man raynpelikoneet debears
marvellosity (1) yamato77
debears (0) Hapahauli

not voting (8) sciberbia Sylencia FirmTofu Onegu sn0_Man Hapahauli tutankoopa marvellosity

tutankoopa is currently set to be lynched. Deadline is in at 23:00 GMT (+00:00)

Voting is mandatory, please let me know if I missed anyone
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
August 29 2013 20:36 GMT
#493
On August 30 2013 05:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 05:29 debears wrote:
You guys are no fun......how do you both go from scum to dumb town at the same time on me

On August 30 2013 05:22 Hapahauli wrote:
On August 30 2013 05:20 debears wrote:
On August 30 2013 05:19 Hapahauli wrote:
On August 30 2013 05:17 debears wrote:
That is not a read on raynp

Scum, Town, Null?


Town

"Oookay interesting vote on SnO... wait wut he think's Sno is town?!? How does that make any goddamn sense?"
"Oh wait that's the most absurdly attention-whorey move ever, seems townie."


How town?


Do you not read what I post? The 180 he did is so absurdly attention-grabby, and makes incredibly very little sense as scum. As scum, you want to vote someone and justify it to look "clean." Rayn certainly can spam a thread to hell as either allignment, but going in, voting someone, then 180'ing on it right away on such strong terms is incredibly attention-grabby and not something I'd think a scum would go into a thread and plan.


The point of this post was to get a number from you, but you clearly must have a 95% town read on him also.

Good to know


Numbers are stupid... as if you can "quantify" someone's alignment. But yes, I have a fairly strong town-read on Rayn. Is that relevant in some way?


It's relevant as in, if you would have a strong town read on him, that you would understand where scribs is coming from (sharing the same perspective). Eh, the timing is off though. If you had said that early d1 also, I'd consider you in the same boat as scribs.

Fun times
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
August 29 2013 20:38 GMT
#494
##Unvote
##Vote Sylencia


Where you been dude?
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
August 29 2013 20:42 GMT
#495
Koopa why ain't you pushing hopeless a bit more?

He seems like the best lynch so far tbh.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Tutankoopa
Profile Joined August 2013
United States145 Posts
August 29 2013 20:45 GMT
#496
If you say he's the best lynch then be my guest and vote for him. I'm talking to him whenever he's around, and that's all that needs to be done atm.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
August 29 2013 20:49 GMT
#497
On August 30 2013 05:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am actaully interested in hearing who you think is scum Hapa. Right now i have no idea.


Hopeless is probably my strongest scum-read at this stage. His push on TK seems very forced, and he seems more interested in piling shit on TK as opposed to questioning him and trying to figure out TK's alignment. This for example...

On August 30 2013 01:49 Hopeless1der wrote:
Bearing in mind that I think Tutan is scum, in regards to the questions that TK has ignored from Rayn
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 01:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 30 2013 01:06 Tutankoopa wrote:
Re: Rayn

1) Anyone who claims that I was seriously pushing a lynching with my first post is playing dumb. I don't think hopeless is capable of that logic. He's being ever so serious about his case on a guy's first post of the game and it doesn't feel right.
2) re read what I wrote. You are 100% incorrect about this.
3) you are the one who made it an issue. I've said as little as possible about it and only when asked about by you.

1) But why did you use the exact wording you used in your question to Hopeless? Your answer to me now is nowhere near an answer to the question you asked from Hopeless. It's a completely different thing.
2) Simple question. Why do you post before you have read the whole thread? You never answered me.
3) For real man. Your first post in this game is a direct smurf claim or a scum claim. Do you disagree?


1) He used that wording, and that entire post to draw more attention to the policy and less to why I actually think he's scum.
2) Pretend Oats isn't in that quote at all. Its still a load of wishywashy summary crap. I'm "weird" and me and yamato can't both be scum. [marv, this is what you like? herpderp maybe yam or you scum. nowait Hapa inactive or something hes scum]
3) I'd actually chalk that up to early trolling more than anything else.


...is just shit-flinging. Hopless is in attack-mode and doing little else.

I really don't understand the confidence that Hopeless has in his early game TK read, much less confident enough to not ask a single question to TK all game so far and simply push for TK's lynch.

This interaction in particular is really worrying for me:
On August 30 2013 01:52 Tutankoopa wrote:
Hopeless, look me in the eye and tell me that you think this post...

Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 08:19 Tutankoopa wrote:
##vote: raynpelikoneet

what's the policy?


...implies a serious intent to lynch. If it doesn't, your entire case against me falls apart. How long are you going to keep pretending like you have a real case?

On August 30 2013 01:58 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 01:52 Tutankoopa wrote:
Hopeless, look me in the eye and tell me that you think this post...

On August 29 2013 08:19 Tutankoopa wrote:
##vote: raynpelikoneet

what's the policy?


...implies a serious intent to lynch. If it doesn't, your entire case against me falls apart. How long are you going to keep pretending like you have a real case?

Welp theres my case falling apart guys. He got me. I'll go die of dehydration now.


TK comes in with a pretty reasonable point and fairly calm-attitude, and Hopeless (with little provocation) responds with this biting sarcasm and basically ignores the point completely.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
August 29 2013 20:49 GMT
#498
Iunno he seems to be wilfully misconstruing your posting and kinda tunnelling some. Plus a general lack of activity.

I don't seriously wish to lynch anybody yet, that stuff starts (for me) in ~20 hrs but I was expecting you to push him a bit more. How about dis:

@Hopeless: I assume you are out there somewhere. Why so tunnelled on the smurf? Got any other thoughts on who might be scummy? I'm bored and the people currently around want to lynch Onegu and Sylencia, whom I think are lynchbait atm. Agree? Disagree?
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
August 29 2013 20:50 GMT
#499
Dammit i'm always seconds too late on my post
That wasn't a sheep I promise lol
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 29 2013 20:51 GMT
#500
I dunno Hapa, he has been ignoring the point all game long and it has been pointed out multiple times. Why would he do that as mafia? I mean ignore something that obvious a townie said?
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 150 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 291
Mind 64
Bale 25
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm202
League of Legends
JimRising 706
Other Games
summit1g7421
Coldzera 709
WinterStarcraft575
C9.Mang0278
Sick154
ViBE148
febbydoto19
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick721
BasetradeTV173
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2109
League of Legends
• Rush1026
Other Games
• Shiphtur522
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 48m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 48m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.