• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:59
CEST 04:59
KST 11:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6985 users

I Swear This Is Normal Mini Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 04:30 GMT
#250
On June 10 2013 13:29 Hapahauli wrote:
And BH, do you have anything to contribute yet? I'd love to get more out of you than knee-jerk reactions when someone calls your name.


not really, no
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 04:32 GMT
#252
On June 10 2013 13:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2013 13:30 Blazinghand wrote:
On June 10 2013 13:29 Hapahauli wrote:
And BH, do you have anything to contribute yet? I'd love to get more out of you than knee-jerk reactions when someone calls your name.


not really, no


Why not =(


no good reason really, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll do something awesome tonight, how's that sound
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 04:36 GMT
#255
Oats do you seriously believe that? lol
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 06:31 GMT
#263
I consider myself and Hapa to be the two vets here. We both play a strong town game and use our votes in a valuable way. Although Hapa differs from me in his style (I find myself typically playing a more strident game), he nonetheless uses his vote to great effect. I'm reasonably certain Hapa is town from his inquisitive posting, and his comment on me being 3p, in retrospect, doesn't seem like the kind of comment scum would make.

Now that I think about it, I'm beginning to think it's actually a towntell. I'm fairly certain a scum player who sees Blazinghand playing in a different way will push him in a sidelong way but not say he's 3p. Hapa saw me playing in a different way, but Hapa knows how I play as scum, and this isn't it. It seems a reasonable though process to say "BH is acting different, but not like the scum BH I know. Is he 3p?", and although I gave him some crap for it, it's not a good move for him to make as scum. Obviously, his meta speculation is unfounded, since my 3p game (so far, at least) has been characterized by strident aggressive play.

Hapa is certainly smart and experienced enough to fool me if he's scum, but this kind of excited utterance reveals to me that he actually has a town mindset. He's a smart guy and is one of the few people truly capable of using the mayor position properly.

##mayorify: hapahauli

As for VA, I have been nothing but impressed by his play that I've seen. He's been a capable scumhunter, and he utterly hoodwinked me in Les Mafia. Whereas most of the player list is cluttered with jubjubs and followers (if you're reading this, I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the other guys), VA is smart. He's not a veteran in terms of games played but for his excellent play in my interactions with him I consider him a vet. That being said, the guy DID utterly hoodwink me, which means the fact that I have a townread on him is meaningless. I can't catch him when he's scum-- or at least, not yet. Anyone that good I'd keep an eye on-- but if he's town, he can use the power wisely. Given my strong townread on hapa though I see no reason to entrust VA with the power.

And of course I'm the best, most experienced, and most intelligent player here, so I'd naturally consider myself for the job. It's just not in the cards for me this game, though. Hapa's willing to do it, and he's town, so the man's got my vote.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 06:33 GMT
#264
Like I really 100% understand Hapa's thought process as an open townie trying to figure out what's going on with Blazinghand. I see why he thought what he thought-- it makes perfect sense to me. If he were scum, he'd be infinitely more cautious about pushing a guy like me, and very cautious about pushing me as 3p. It just really doesn't make sense for him to have said what he said as scum, and like I can totally see Hapa just considering me as a potential 3p from a natural thought process.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 06:46 GMT
#266
##vote oatsmaster
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 06:51 GMT
#269
just taking out the trash
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 06:51 GMT
#270
Oats if you don't know why I wrote about VA and Hapa, then you clearly haven't been reading the thread.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 07:01 GMT
#272
Oats how mad are you that I caught you with like zero effort. HOW MAD, TELL ME
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 07:05 GMT
#273
oh shit, i forgot, oats is actually this bad lol. just reading some of his games.

##unvote
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 07:07 GMT
#274
yeah no oats being terrible isn't alignment-indicative (see LXI D1)
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 07:12 GMT
#276
Ugh well I guess i ought to respond to your inane and dunderheaded inquiries then so we're not wasting one of our votes.

Someone asked me why VA, Hapa, and myself were my potential mayors that I'd be willing to vote for off hand. I explained how impessed I was with Hapa and Va's play. I further explained why I'm voting for hapa (as in, how his thought process shows he's town. The fact you dont' understand this and/or disagree with this is not relevant to the fact that I'm right), and how VA impressed my in my interactions with him-- since VA is a nonvet i had on my short list.

But yeah, hapa is town, and he WILL be the mayor.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 07:14 GMT
#277
like, jesus oats you wonder why you get mislynched all the time, it's you're about as useful as a screen door on a submarine
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 07:15 GMT
#279
On June 10 2013 16:14 Oatsmaster wrote:
Disagree with you about hapa but whatever, cant change your mind/big headed ego.

Why am I scum.


okay, you disagree with me about hapa. This means you think he's scum, and you aren't like somewhat worried about scum getting elected mayor? I'm a pretty influential guy, Oats. Come on! Convince me!

wat
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 07:15 GMT
#280
you're just lucky i remembered how bad you were in LXI or else you'd hang today
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 07:24 GMT
#285
On June 10 2013 16:18 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2013 16:15 Blazinghand wrote:
On June 10 2013 16:14 Oatsmaster wrote:
Disagree with you about hapa but whatever, cant change your mind/big headed ego.

Why am I scum.


okay, you disagree with me about hapa. This means you think he's scum, and you aren't like somewhat worried about scum getting elected mayor? I'm a pretty influential guy, Oats. Come on! Convince me!

wat

The basis for your town read on Hapa is that scum hapa wont call you 3p right?
Well, I happen to think that that isnt alignment indicative in the slightest. You are playing oddly compared to recent games, I pointed that out, and he may come to the conclusion as a scum player in this game that you might be 3P. I dont see why he wouldnt say this as scum basically.


Okay, but let's say for a moment you're town Hapa and you see BH acting oddly. Your first thought is probably "wow, i wonder if he's scum". Since you're Hapahauli and not someone terrible, you think "well, I know how BH plays scum, and this isn't it. still, he's playing oddly. 3p seems to fit the bill" and because you are open with your thoughts and unafraid to state them, you just sort of spew this into the thread. Take a look at the actual post:
On June 10 2013 06:14 Hapahauli wrote:
Are you a 3rd party or something? You sound so... different.


This is a Hapa who's confused and trying to suss out what's going on.

Now, you think Hapa as scum is capable of doing this. Obviously, scum Hapa could make these posts. But scum players are on extra guard to avoid attacking at "3p" too much, since scum usually wants to get rid of 3p as well. Hapa as scum wouldn't be so off hand, so confused. Could he fake it? absolutely. But 90% of the time you see something like this, it's a town being open about his mindset (and taking a risk by doing so-- what worth is it to speculate about 3p? makes you look scummy), just because he's not afraid of getting lynched.

Although scum hapa could do this, it seems so obvious to me that he had a logical train of thought and came to this.

Let me put it this way: If scum hapa saw me acting strangely, his first thought wouldn't be "3p"-- his first thought would be "blue role" and he'd mention it to no one outside his QT, and i'd be dead N1. "3p" wouldn't even cross his mind, and even if it did, there's no need for him to mention it to the thread.

Town hapa would say what he said and act as he did just by thinking. Scum hapa acting naturally and playing to his wincon would not say that, except in some long convoluted plot in which he plans on me making the exact points I'm making now.

Some wine is easier to drink

Hapa is town.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 07:25 GMT
#286
Here's the real money shot, btw, and the reason everyone should mayorify hapahauli.

On June 10 2013 16:24 Blazinghand wrote:
Let me put it this way: If scum hapa saw me acting strangely, his first thought wouldn't be "3p"-- his first thought would be "blue role" and he'd mention it to no one outside his QT, and i'd be dead N1. "3p" wouldn't even cross his mind, and even if it did, there's no need for him to mention it to the thread.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 07:26 GMT
#287
And before you get into it, no, assholes, I'm not soft-claiming blue, I'm just pointing out how this would look to a confused hapa of either alignment.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 07:36 GMT
#289
On June 10 2013 16:32 Oatsmaster wrote:
Nooooo.

Lol since when do you play differently as blue from town????

I dont see this,
Show nested quote +
Are you a 3rd party or something? You sound so... different.

as being exclusively townie.
You see, hes on the scum team, he knows you arent scum FOR EXAMPLE, and then he thinks 3p, cause its not like your town play. And starting a lynch on a 3p is town cred.
So I dont know why you think scum hapa would think blue role, and that scum hapa wont out 3p to the thread.


If you really think scum Hapa would go for a play like that, and do it with a quote like that, then I think we'll just have to agree to disagree, Oats. The idea that Hapa would slip that scum-only info that I'm not scum to the thread in that fashion by assuming I'm 3p (or that he'd try to fake thinking it through that way as town) but NOT follow up on it is preposterous.

What's even more preposterous is the fact that you disagree with my townread on hapa is based on the idea that I'm not scum, and I'm the guy you're voting.

Look, if you REALLY think hapa could be scum because he's attacking me and hoping i'll flip 3p, then ... how am I scum

jesus
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 07:37 GMT
#290
Ugh i just need to stop interacting with oats. My brain hurts.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 210
ProTech146
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17485
Rain 1535
GuemChi 522
NaDa 24
Bale 23
sSak 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever464
NeuroSwarm218
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
summit1g7196
taco 580
minikerr48
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1110
Mew2King103
Other Games
JimRising 602
WinterStarcraft560
C9.Mang0185
ViBE126
ZombieGrub27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1002
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 171
• davetesta31
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo394
• Stunt252
Other Games
• Scarra899
• Shiphtur668
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 1m
INu's Battles
8h 1m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
10h 1m
OSC
19h 16m
Replay Cast
20h 1m
OSC
1d 20h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.