• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:45
CEST 09:45
KST 16:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7625 users

PTP IV - Demon's Run - Page 145

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 143 144 145 146 147 184 Next
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 21:13 GMT
#2881
On July 01 2013 06:13 Crossfire99 wrote:
gonzaw, i think I might have messed up what the items were, but I can prove to you what i did do last night if you give me a second.


......wat
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
June 30 2013 21:14 GMT
#2882
That is a very different reaction
Fe fi fo fum.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 21:14 GMT
#2883
Xfire, did you steal kitaman's vote last night or not?
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
June 30 2013 21:15 GMT
#2884
Dear gonzaw,

2v1v1

Sincerely,

The Survivor
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 21:15 GMT
#2885
Hosts, how much do you plan in advance to determine if a faction won?

For instance, if it's 2v2 or something, then do you plan stuff like "Well, scum and town have equal numbers, but they would NL, therefore we have to take into account every possibility every single townie and scum can do on N4 to determine if scum have already won the game or not" or stuff like that?

Or do you just see "2v2, nothing will change that soon, bleh scum win" ?


I mean, same principle if it's 2v2, or 2v1v1, etc
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
June 30 2013 21:16 GMT
#2886
On July 01 2013 06:15 gonzaw wrote:
Hosts, how much do you plan in advance to determine if a faction won?

For instance, if it's 2v2 or something, then do you plan stuff like "Well, scum and town have equal numbers, but they would NL, therefore we have to take into account every possibility every single townie and scum can do on N4 to determine if scum have already won the game or not" or stuff like that?

Or do you just see "2v2, nothing will change that soon, bleh scum win" ?


I mean, same principle if it's 2v2, or 2v1v1, etc


From OP:

Alignments:

The Alliance
You win when all Anti-Town forces are dead.

The Church
You win when all Town forces are dead.

?????
You win if you are alive at the end of the game and have fulfilled your victory condition.
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
June 30 2013 21:16 GMT
#2887
gonzaw, give me second. I'm trying to make this an epic post. i need to find an image.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 21:18 GMT
#2888
Like, the ONLY ONLY ONLY way Xfire can be scum, is if:

Hosts know that today is 2v2 and we NL. But austin is town, and thus can give me either a vet, or a vig, or a medic, etc, so I can kill scum kita/Xfire tonight.
So hosts felt this was a possibility, and with this possibility maybe town has a chance to win (maybe?), so they felt they should keep the game going on.

But that only if Xfire didn't steal kitaman's vote (or anybody's vote for that matter).
As scum, Xfire could have just used the Tazer (I proted him last night so I would have died), or use the VoteThief on me for instance, to insta win as scum (and that would be a 100% win GG from scum, not this "prolonged win" they may have been having right now if what I said above is true)...

....so yeah, Xfire confirmed town.

So austin, would you like claiming 3P now maybe? Maybe you could battle with kita to see who's the real survivor?
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 21:20 GMT
#2889
On July 01 2013 06:16 deconduo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2013 06:15 gonzaw wrote:
Hosts, how much do you plan in advance to determine if a faction won?

For instance, if it's 2v2 or something, then do you plan stuff like "Well, scum and town have equal numbers, but they would NL, therefore we have to take into account every possibility every single townie and scum can do on N4 to determine if scum have already won the game or not" or stuff like that?

Or do you just see "2v2, nothing will change that soon, bleh scum win" ?


I mean, same principle if it's 2v2, or 2v1v1, etc


From OP:

Show nested quote +
Alignments:

The Alliance
You win when all Anti-Town forces are dead.

The Church
You win when all Town forces are dead.

?????
You win if you are alive at the end of the game and have fulfilled your victory condition.


So...if this was something like 4 townies and 10000000 scum, the game STILL goes on until those 4 townies die?

I was ALWAYS under the impression hosts did "hidden calculations" to determine automatic wins when it's impossible another faction can win.
That's why the whole "you win when scum equal town" win condition, because if scum equal town scum win 100% (in games with that win con that are normal at least).
I thought something similar would have happened now.

If town has already lost and you hosts are just prolonging my suffering making me feel like we have a chance...I'll never forget ;_;
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 21:21 GMT
#2890
Xfire, we haven't won yet. We kill kita today, but tonight it'll be austin+you+me.
If austin is indeed scum and not 3P or some shit (I honestly don't know right now I've done clearly thinking about this shit since Xata flipped), then we need to enter the WIFOM game to see if we can still win
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 21:21 GMT
#2891
okay I'll shut up
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
June 30 2013 21:22 GMT
#2892
On July 01 2013 06:18 gonzaw wrote:
Like, the ONLY ONLY ONLY way Xfire can be scum, is if:

Hosts know that today is 2v2 and we NL. But austin is town, and thus can give me either a vet, or a vig, or a medic, etc, so I can kill scum kita/Xfire tonight.
So hosts felt this was a possibility, and with this possibility maybe town has a chance to win (maybe?), so they felt they should keep the game going on.

But that only if Xfire didn't steal kitaman's vote (or anybody's vote for that matter).
As scum, Xfire could have just used the Tazer (I proted him last night so I would have died), or use the VoteThief on me for instance, to insta win as scum (and that would be a 100% win GG from scum, not this "prolonged win" they may have been having right now if what I said above is true)...

....so yeah, Xfire confirmed town.

So austin, would you like claiming 3P now maybe? Maybe you could battle with kita to see who's the real survivor?
If you're convinced, then alright.
Fe fi fo fum.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
June 30 2013 21:24 GMT
#2893
On July 01 2013 06:20 gonzaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2013 06:16 deconduo wrote:
On July 01 2013 06:15 gonzaw wrote:
Hosts, how much do you plan in advance to determine if a faction won?

For instance, if it's 2v2 or something, then do you plan stuff like "Well, scum and town have equal numbers, but they would NL, therefore we have to take into account every possibility every single townie and scum can do on N4 to determine if scum have already won the game or not" or stuff like that?

Or do you just see "2v2, nothing will change that soon, bleh scum win" ?


I mean, same principle if it's 2v2, or 2v1v1, etc


From OP:

Alignments:

The Alliance
You win when all Anti-Town forces are dead.

The Church
You win when all Town forces are dead.

?????
You win if you are alive at the end of the game and have fulfilled your victory condition.


So...if this was something like 4 townies and 10000000 scum, the game STILL goes on until those 4 townies die?

I was ALWAYS under the impression hosts did "hidden calculations" to determine automatic wins when it's impossible another faction can win.
That's why the whole "you win when scum equal town" win condition, because if scum equal town scum win 100% (in games with that win con that are normal at least).
I thought something similar would have happened now.

If town has already lost and you hosts are just prolonging my suffering making me feel like we have a chance...I'll never forget ;_;


If the result was 100% set in stone, I would end the game. However due to the wide variety of roles and powers, there's almost always a chance for one faction to come out on top no matter what the situation is. Also its possible to reach a point where town has lost but can influence whether scum or 3rd party wins for example. That's why the wincons are defined as such.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 21:24 GMT
#2894
On July 01 2013 06:22 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2013 06:18 gonzaw wrote:
Like, the ONLY ONLY ONLY way Xfire can be scum, is if:

Hosts know that today is 2v2 and we NL. But austin is town, and thus can give me either a vet, or a vig, or a medic, etc, so I can kill scum kita/Xfire tonight.
So hosts felt this was a possibility, and with this possibility maybe town has a chance to win (maybe?), so they felt they should keep the game going on.

But that only if Xfire didn't steal kitaman's vote (or anybody's vote for that matter).
As scum, Xfire could have just used the Tazer (I proted him last night so I would have died), or use the VoteThief on me for instance, to insta win as scum (and that would be a 100% win GG from scum, not this "prolonged win" they may have been having right now if what I said above is true)...

....so yeah, Xfire confirmed town.

So austin, would you like claiming 3P now maybe? Maybe you could battle with kita to see who's the real survivor?
If you're convinced, then alright.


Okay
Nice we could reach an understanding

Hey austin, I wouldn't mind you giving me a medic or vig tonight again
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 21:26 GMT
#2895
On July 01 2013 06:24 deconduo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2013 06:20 gonzaw wrote:
On July 01 2013 06:16 deconduo wrote:
On July 01 2013 06:15 gonzaw wrote:
Hosts, how much do you plan in advance to determine if a faction won?

For instance, if it's 2v2 or something, then do you plan stuff like "Well, scum and town have equal numbers, but they would NL, therefore we have to take into account every possibility every single townie and scum can do on N4 to determine if scum have already won the game or not" or stuff like that?

Or do you just see "2v2, nothing will change that soon, bleh scum win" ?


I mean, same principle if it's 2v2, or 2v1v1, etc


From OP:

Alignments:

The Alliance
You win when all Anti-Town forces are dead.

The Church
You win when all Town forces are dead.

?????
You win if you are alive at the end of the game and have fulfilled your victory condition.


So...if this was something like 4 townies and 10000000 scum, the game STILL goes on until those 4 townies die?

I was ALWAYS under the impression hosts did "hidden calculations" to determine automatic wins when it's impossible another faction can win.
That's why the whole "you win when scum equal town" win condition, because if scum equal town scum win 100% (in games with that win con that are normal at least).
I thought something similar would have happened now.

If town has already lost and you hosts are just prolonging my suffering making me feel like we have a chance...I'll never forget ;_;


If the result was 100% set in stone, I would end the game. However due to the wide variety of roles and powers, there's almost always a chance for one faction to come out on top no matter what the situation is. Also its possible to reach a point where town has lost but can influence whether scum or 3rd party wins for example. That's why the wincons are defined as such.


Okay...

...I guess I had my hopes up a little too much. So town can still lose

*sigh* oh well, let's see what happens then.

Xfire, if you are scum or 3P or some shit and town already lost...please don't prolong this shit by making it seem you are town or something.....just don't
If that's the case, no need to rub it in my face any more than all of you have done so already.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
June 30 2013 21:26 GMT
#2896
On July 01 2013 06:24 gonzaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2013 06:22 austinmcc wrote:
On July 01 2013 06:18 gonzaw wrote:
Like, the ONLY ONLY ONLY way Xfire can be scum, is if:

Hosts know that today is 2v2 and we NL. But austin is town, and thus can give me either a vet, or a vig, or a medic, etc, so I can kill scum kita/Xfire tonight.
So hosts felt this was a possibility, and with this possibility maybe town has a chance to win (maybe?), so they felt they should keep the game going on.

But that only if Xfire didn't steal kitaman's vote (or anybody's vote for that matter).
As scum, Xfire could have just used the Tazer (I proted him last night so I would have died), or use the VoteThief on me for instance, to insta win as scum (and that would be a 100% win GG from scum, not this "prolonged win" they may have been having right now if what I said above is true)...

....so yeah, Xfire confirmed town.

So austin, would you like claiming 3P now maybe? Maybe you could battle with kita to see who's the real survivor?
If you're convinced, then alright.


Okay
Nice we could reach an understanding

Hey austin, I wouldn't mind you giving me a medic or vig tonight again
I can't anymore. I can get rid of your bears, and crossfire's bears, but once there are less than 4 people to send questions to, I lose that power and get to double up on de-bearing. I really wanted this role to be able to clear out all the bears.
Fe fi fo fum.
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
June 30 2013 21:27 GMT
#2897
Kita, this is what I'm doing to you right now.



##Vote: kitaman27
Kitaman27: ## Vote: kitaman27
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
June 30 2013 21:29 GMT
#2898
Gonzaw, why'd you have to steal my thunder? This was my plan all along. I messed up what item e was lol, but I figured I had to do this action because it was the only chance.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
June 30 2013 21:30 GMT
#2899
Oh crap. You can't wait a day and let me de-bear?
Fe fi fo fum.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 30 2013 21:31 GMT
#2900
Sorry dude I got a little bit too excited

I thought we would lose dude, please understand ;_;
Prev 1 143 144 145 146 147 184 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 721
Hyun 56
NotJumperer 38
Bale 31
Killer 24
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto158
League of Legends
JimRising 494
Counter-Strike
edward31
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King108
Other Games
summit1g8218
olofmeister725
Coldzera 702
ceh9527
Happy213
Sick159
NeuroSwarm95
ViBE26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick569
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2286
League of Legends
• Rush963
• Jankos746
• Stunt363
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
16h 15m
Patches Events
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.