• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:28
CEST 03:28
KST 10:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7428 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XLI - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
April 11 2013 02:33 GMT
#21
Going again.

/in
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
April 11 2013 03:24 GMT
#22
Also, If anyone wants to meta me: I don't plan on posting as much this game as last game. So don't automatically assume I'm scum because I'm posting less.
Sugarfluff
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden132 Posts
April 11 2013 12:10 GMT
#23
Just read "A General Guide to Mafia" and would like to try this. Loving the addition of the third party serial killer, also.

/in
If something is funny, it is worth doing.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
April 11 2013 13:03 GMT
#24
/obs
TheRavensName
Profile Joined August 2011
United States911 Posts
April 11 2013 13:32 GMT
#25
Geript, You should make it cookie themed.
I once breadcrumbed watcher in a game with no watchers in the setup.
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
April 11 2013 21:01 GMT
#26
Hello Pretty Newbies


I am the TOWN coach.

Please contact me for any all all questions you have I can help a lot with questions such as
    How do I look more townie? (by being more townie)
    Should I claim? (No, you probably shouldn't)
    How do I find scum? (just look!)
    How awesome am I? (pretty awesome)


I will be moderately helpful with such questions as:
    Is my case good? (probably not)
    Am I looking at the right things? (probably not)
    Do you love me? (yes)
    Can I have this dance? (Yes! I thought you'd never ask)


I cannot help with questions like:
    Who is scum? (I dunno)
    Will you write a case for me (nup)
    There is this really pretty girl at school/work/my wife's work how do I get her to like me?(just talk to her, god!)
    I hate this game, I'm never playing again! (okay...)


please send me a PM and ask any questions you have, I'd love to chat and help you with anything you want help on. I am donating my time for you to get better at this game, use this wisely, you only get so many chances to play with a coach. Don't waste those chances.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 11 2013 21:30 GMT
#27
give it up prome, you're already doomed.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
April 11 2013 21:32 GMT
#28
My townies have balls of steel.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 11 2013 21:34 GMT
#29
Sucks for you I'm arming my scummers with magnets then
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
April 11 2013 21:35 GMT
#30
not really, it just means that my townies get free, kinky, handjobs.

Your scum aren't just red blooded, they're red women too!
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
April 12 2013 01:26 GMT
#31
How does the role cop find out role but not alignment? I don't get how that would work.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-12 01:48:13
April 12 2013 01:27 GMT
#32
It gives the player's role (eg, goon, VT, etc.) but not their alignment.
Edit: To clarify... in some cases a role is strictly alignment indicative (eg Serial Killer, Vigilante) and some are likely alignment indicative (eg Goon [could be Miller], Vanilla [could be GodFather]). Does that make sense?
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
April 12 2013 05:30 GMT
#33
On April 12 2013 10:27 geript wrote:
It gives the player's role (eg, goon, VT, etc.) but not their alignment.
Edit: To clarify... in some cases a role is strictly alignment indicative (eg Serial Killer, Vigilante) and some are likely alignment indicative (eg Goon [could be Miller], Vanilla [could be GodFather]). Does that make sense?


umm...pretty sure that goon and VT both show up as Vanilla though I can't confirm that.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
April 12 2013 12:23 GMT
#34
On April 12 2013 14:30 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2013 10:27 geript wrote:
It gives the player's role (eg, goon, VT, etc.) but not their alignment.
Edit: To clarify... in some cases a role is strictly alignment indicative (eg Serial Killer, Vigilante) and some are likely alignment indicative (eg Goon [could be Miller], Vanilla [could be GodFather]). Does that make sense?


umm...pretty sure that goon and VT both show up as Vanilla though I can't confirm that.


That's correct. VT, goon, serial killer (with cover option selected), and godfather return vanilla, town rolecop and mafia rolecop would return rolecop, mafia roleblocker would return roleblocker, etc.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
April 12 2013 13:24 GMT
#35
Kita, if you need another co-host (from a different timezone), feel free to add me.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
TheRavensName
Profile Joined August 2011
United States911 Posts
April 12 2013 14:12 GMT
#36
A parity cop in a newbie game seems rough.
I once breadcrumbed watcher in a game with no watchers in the setup.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
April 12 2013 15:09 GMT
#37
On April 12 2013 22:24 phagga wrote:
Kita, if you need another co-host (from a different timezone), feel free to add me.


Sure thanks. I imagine there won't be much effort necessary, but an extra person to help is always nice.

On April 12 2013 23:12 TheRavensName wrote:
A parity cop in a newbie game seems rough.


I guess it depends on perspective. Imagine you are a newbie mafia player who is on the wrong end of a detective check. It would be pretty rough to not have the opportunity to argue out of a check. With the parity check, you get information about multiple players each night at the cost of certainty at the time of the check.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Spicydinosaur
Profile Joined April 2013
United States382 Posts
April 12 2013 17:08 GMT
#38
For night actions (if we have anyway), do we pm the host our action and target?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
April 12 2013 17:08 GMT
#39
Always pm both the host and Cohost.
Sugarfluff
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden132 Posts
April 12 2013 17:49 GMT
#40
The rules state that you are allowed to vote for yourself. Is there actually any situation where this would be a good strategy?
I really can't think of any situation that would call for it, especially with the "play to win" being emphasized.
If something is funny, it is worth doing.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings57
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 147
RuFF_SC2 104
ProTech50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15722
Rain 2258
Artosis 480
NaDa 16
Bale 15
League of Legends
Doublelift3561
Counter-Strike
taco 372
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox690
Mew2King149
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor962
Other Games
summit1g8462
Day[9].tv681
JimRising 565
PiGStarcraft330
C9.Mang0252
ArmadaUGS66
ViBE53
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV226
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream102
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 152
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP62
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv681
• Scarra560
• Shiphtur200
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 32m
OSC
20h 32m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.