• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:57
CEST 17:57
KST 00:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7630 users

RED Team's Prize - Page 152

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 150 151 152 153 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 04 2013 13:52 GMT
#3021
On April 04 2013 22:51 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2013 22:49 marvellosity wrote:
Impossible to balance if everyone's blue. Even in the most blue games, PYP, people end up being vanilla.


CHRONO TRIGGER


yeah that was pretty damn town favoured ^_^
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 04 2013 14:10 GMT
#3022
Yeah so gg everybody!

I feel like this was an all-around win - scum really only needed one or two more mislynches after the vote rigged double lynch.

Key elements to the victory - good "town atmosphere" leadership by Hapahauli and a generally productive town that made it impossible for Yamato and sinani to stay hidden; bauss job catching acro by keirathi; and the accumulation of five (!) confirmed townies due to marv and me winning the world wifom championships on consecutive nights, as well as scum's curious blindness to keirathi's lovers claim.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-04 14:22:09
April 04 2013 14:21 GMT
#3023
GG guys.

Kei never said anything about lovers before the end of the game. He explicitly said that if we claim we would leave out the "lovers" thing. By the time he had hinted enough towards it, we had the numbers.

Thanks to Kei for having to deal with me as a mason partner, and to Kurumi for hosting ^^
Grubby's #1 Fan
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 04 2013 14:27 GMT
#3024
Setup comments: in general, I liked the way roles were distributed. If Ryan was an actual third party whose wincon was to kill all masons, and there was something in the OP about a mason hunter, the I think it would have been a very good setup. That would have created a real dilemma for things like keirathi and corazon claiming, instead of basically just making them two free confirmed towns, plus I imagine having reasons to keep their identities secret in the mason qt would have made some interesting dynamics for the mason circle.

I like the idea of having three different classes of roles as a way to balance a themed game - ie, the "real vanilla" roles, then the "fake vanilla" roles, and then the real blue roles. I also really liked how prplhz's role interacted with the rest of the setup, in that it rewards prp for figuring out roles, and adds another level to claiming / fake claiming.

Two things I don't like. First, I don't like the way obviousone's role worked out. The concept is fine and actually quite clever. However, I think the prohibition against letting people know about the extra information has to go farther - you can't be able to say "I know this thing but I can't tell you why or else I'll be modkilled." That doesn't leave anything unclear, because the only way a player could get that kind of information without getting modkilled just for having it is if the information comes from the host. Plus then when he dies, you can just go to his filter and look for what he said he knew but couldn't say for fear of getting modkilled. IMO it should be harder to figure that out.

That said, his role didn't actually matter this game, because Marv confirmed himself with his roleblock before we ever would have lynched him, regardless of OO's extra information.

Second, I don't like how kurumi came into the thread with the "to modkill or not to modkill" stuff. That made me a lot more trusting of Marv's claim than I otherwise would have been, and while I tried to ignore it, there's always some subconscious bias. I think there was nothing wrong with what Marv said; if you're going to put roles with certain naming conventions into your game, you have to either give scum appropriate fake claims, or else you have to make the role names confusing. You can't expect people not to claim their role name and color, those are just basic things, and the "role pm rule" is there for things like comparing PM times and the wording of rules clauses and flavor text. That aside, if there's a question about modkilling for stuff that gets said in the game, it has to be made by the host outside of the thread, maybe in consultation with other hosts on irc or skype, but it needs to be outside of the game or else it will influence the game.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 04 2013 14:30 GMT
#3025
On April 04 2013 23:21 cDgCorazon wrote:
GG guys.

Kei never said anything about lovers before the end of the game. He explicitly said that if we claim we would leave out the "lovers" thing. By the time he had hinted enough towards it, we had the numbers.

Thanks to Kei for having to deal with me as a mason partner, and to Kurumi for hosting ^^


He said the thing about Marv's plans maybe not working out before the end of day 2, and as soon as he said that it was obvious what was going on. If scum had been paying attention they would have killed one of you with one of the day2 double lynches.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
April 04 2013 14:33 GMT
#3026
Role claims are always a thing where players try to confirm themselves without getting modkilled and you never know when the line will be crossed. After it is crossed, it usually is too late. There are ways to counteract this (different pms, role names and so on) but that does not always work (notice how I made Dandel Towny instead of Townie) and still can backfire.
OO did not get info that marv is town. You can check what would he learn in the "Roles!" section in the spreadsheet: He was given info that there are only 3 Mafioso N1.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 04 2013 14:34 GMT
#3027
On April 04 2013 23:30 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2013 23:21 cDgCorazon wrote:
GG guys.

Kei never said anything about lovers before the end of the game. He explicitly said that if we claim we would leave out the "lovers" thing. By the time he had hinted enough towards it, we had the numbers.

Thanks to Kei for having to deal with me as a mason partner, and to Kurumi for hosting ^^


He said the thing about Marv's plans maybe not working out before the end of day 2, and as soon as he said that it was obvious what was going on. If scum had been paying attention they would have killed one of you with one of the day2 double lynches.


No, it was after the day 2 lynches.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 04 2013 14:37 GMT
#3028
Oh I thought it was when you were asking acro to explain how his unlynchable role worked because we could ensure a favorable outcome on mechanics.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 04 2013 14:38 GMT
#3029
On April 04 2013 23:33 Kurumi wrote:
OO did not get info that marv is town. You can check what would he learn in the "Roles!" section in the spreadsheet: He was given info that there are only 3 Mafioso N1.


Hahahahaha holy shit what

Wow OO that was a fucking ballsy play then. Really gambling all-in on the Marv town read.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 04 2013 14:39 GMT
#3030
Also that would have been good to know when we all spent like 72 hours trying to figure out the fourth scum.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 04 2013 15:05 GMT
#3031
GG everyone.

I honestly enjoyed this game a lot (should be evident...this is my second longest filter ever, second only to Chrono which lasted like 10 game days/3 weeks irl) despite the weird setup, and felt like it was easily one of my personal best games on TL.

I do feel bad for rayn, though
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 04 2013 15:07 GMT
#3032
GG

I still suck as mafia and got super demotivated after night 1.

Hapa played well, as did Keir. Marv bloomed late, which seemed like a product of Hapa's insistent badgering of him.

I will say, while Acro's role was powerful, the exclusion of a fourth scum hurt us in thread presence. I was too obvious this game, and Acro being the only other active mafia made it more likely for him to be lynched before there were any reasonable counter-arguments to him being mafia.

Sinani played alright as a lurky member, but without a claim or a good bus to give him town credit, it was really inevitable that town would lynch him before trying any of the claimed members.

Overall, I would trade Acro's "OP" role for a more conventional one like GF and have a fourth member. The balancing out wasn't beneficial enough to us in this particular game. If I had played better and been less suspicious early, or even stayed active day 2, things might have changed somewhat, but morale between me and Acro was low at that point in the QT so it just never materialized.
Writer@WriterYamato
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-04 15:11:11
April 04 2013 15:08 GMT
#3033
On April 05 2013 00:05 Keirathi wrote:
GG everyone.

I honestly enjoyed this game a lot (should be evident...this is my second longest filter ever, second only to Chrono which lasted like 10 game days/3 weeks irl) despite the weird setup, and felt like it was easily one of my personal best games on TL.

I do feel bad for rayn, though


yes, you were superb, especially from the end of Day 1 onwards. sorry for trying to lynch you <3

edit: Basically Hapa & Kei were town MVPs, s&b & I merely get some mention for using our roles pretty much optimally.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18449 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-04 15:16:15
April 04 2013 15:09 GMT
#3034
GG Town. Two main things that fucked me up completely:

1. Thinking the QT in my role PM was the scumQT (though seriously, who wouldn't think that when it's tagged on at the end just after the "other members of the scum team") and claiming "some kind of vote rigger" there. + Show Spoiler [role pm] +


Original Message From Kurumi:
The Nice Guy

Oh, you are so nice you wouldn't ever hurt anyone! That's why you signed up for this Town's Scum team: to prevent harm to people you like. Of course, you have a trick that will help you achieve that: You can rig the votes! Obviously, you are going to use that only once, because people are pretty angry that they are getting killed and rigging them more than once would result in your inevitable death... Did I mention you are a part of a friendship circle? Of course you are! Can't let your friends down! You win when the Scum team equals the Town members or Town can't create a scenario where they'd win.

Scum team:
Acrofales
InsertSmurfHere
Sinani206

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/dv8DsvrH3aKfR Role acquired QT, the only way you can communicate in your circle is this qt


2. Being in the countryside with no time at all and just my ipad to write on when suddenly there was a case against me.

ScumQT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/BvGguDyp9QB (not really much there)

Also, this game was a disaster balance-wise, but I've been over that in the QT. Also, I feel sorry for Rayn, who had an SK-esque wincon tagged onto his town wincon just to make shit harder.

Honestly, the balance could have been fixed all-around quite simply by making Rayn scum, removing me from the QT and leaving everything else exactly as it was... oh, and tell Hapa and Grack that it is not necessarily safe to claim their identity in the QT. A 4man scumteam while leaving the KP pretty much the same as it was now.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18449 Posts
April 04 2013 15:14 GMT
#3035
Also /sad because this is the first game I lost as scum.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 04 2013 15:16 GMT
#3036
On April 05 2013 00:14 Acrofales wrote:
Also /sad because this is the first game I lost as scum.


Personally this makes me very happy :p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 04 2013 15:17 GMT
#3037
On April 05 2013 00:08 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 00:05 Keirathi wrote:
GG everyone.

I honestly enjoyed this game a lot (should be evident...this is my second longest filter ever, second only to Chrono which lasted like 10 game days/3 weeks irl) despite the weird setup, and felt like it was easily one of my personal best games on TL.

I do feel bad for rayn, though


yes, you were superb, especially from the end of Day 1 onwards. sorry for trying to lynch you <3

edit: Basically Hapa & Kei were town MVPs, s&b & I merely get some mention for using our roles pretty much optimally.

It was just a misunderstanding.

I had started writing up a post on why I wanted to lynch smurf, which would have ended with why I didn't want to lynch prplhz.

But I kept commenting on things after I started it, and then was dragged into defending myself for an hour+.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 04 2013 15:19 GMT
#3038
On April 05 2013 00:17 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 00:08 marvellosity wrote:
On April 05 2013 00:05 Keirathi wrote:
GG everyone.

I honestly enjoyed this game a lot (should be evident...this is my second longest filter ever, second only to Chrono which lasted like 10 game days/3 weeks irl) despite the weird setup, and felt like it was easily one of my personal best games on TL.

I do feel bad for rayn, though


yes, you were superb, especially from the end of Day 1 onwards. sorry for trying to lynch you <3

edit: Basically Hapa & Kei were town MVPs, s&b & I merely get some mention for using our roles pretty much optimally.

It was just a misunderstanding.

I had started writing up a post on why I wanted to lynch smurf, which would have ended with why I didn't want to lynch prplhz.

But I kept commenting on things after I started it, and then was dragged into defending myself for an hour+.


oh great irony, we'd probably have ended up lynching Smurf then. I would have given you more time but deadline was getting close >.<
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 04 2013 15:21 GMT
#3039
On April 05 2013 00:19 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 00:17 Keirathi wrote:
On April 05 2013 00:08 marvellosity wrote:
On April 05 2013 00:05 Keirathi wrote:
GG everyone.

I honestly enjoyed this game a lot (should be evident...this is my second longest filter ever, second only to Chrono which lasted like 10 game days/3 weeks irl) despite the weird setup, and felt like it was easily one of my personal best games on TL.

I do feel bad for rayn, though


yes, you were superb, especially from the end of Day 1 onwards. sorry for trying to lynch you <3

edit: Basically Hapa & Kei were town MVPs, s&b & I merely get some mention for using our roles pretty much optimally.

It was just a misunderstanding.

I had started writing up a post on why I wanted to lynch smurf, which would have ended with why I didn't want to lynch prplhz.

But I kept commenting on things after I started it, and then was dragged into defending myself for an hour+.


oh great irony, we'd probably have ended up lynching Smurf then. I would have given you more time but deadline was getting close >.<

Your point made sense, it just didn't make me scum. I did act differently towards prplhz than Hapa did (IE, I didn't immediately unvote him), because I wanted it to look all nice and stuff.

I was pretty sad that everyone just sheeped you and forced me into claiming though
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 04 2013 15:23 GMT
#3040
On April 05 2013 00:21 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 00:19 marvellosity wrote:
On April 05 2013 00:17 Keirathi wrote:
On April 05 2013 00:08 marvellosity wrote:
On April 05 2013 00:05 Keirathi wrote:
GG everyone.

I honestly enjoyed this game a lot (should be evident...this is my second longest filter ever, second only to Chrono which lasted like 10 game days/3 weeks irl) despite the weird setup, and felt like it was easily one of my personal best games on TL.

I do feel bad for rayn, though


yes, you were superb, especially from the end of Day 1 onwards. sorry for trying to lynch you <3

edit: Basically Hapa & Kei were town MVPs, s&b & I merely get some mention for using our roles pretty much optimally.

It was just a misunderstanding.

I had started writing up a post on why I wanted to lynch smurf, which would have ended with why I didn't want to lynch prplhz.

But I kept commenting on things after I started it, and then was dragged into defending myself for an hour+.


oh great irony, we'd probably have ended up lynching Smurf then. I would have given you more time but deadline was getting close >.<

Your point made sense, it just didn't make me scum. I did act differently towards prplhz than Hapa did (IE, I didn't immediately unvote him), because I wanted it to look all nice and stuff.

I was pretty sad that everyone just sheeped you and forced me into claiming though


The problem was that Hapa and I had identical reactions, and it was the reaction I expected you to have as well. And in fact you did have it, you just decided to make a couple of other pointless posts first. So I'm entirely blaming you (not at all).
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 150 151 152 153 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 527
BRAT_OK 69
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31430
Bisu 2703
Shuttle 1714
Hyuk 1027
EffOrt 817
Mini 786
Larva 413
Soma 383
ZerO 234
firebathero 225
[ Show more ]
hero 136
Sexy 58
sorry 50
Mong 44
PianO 44
Hyun 43
Pusan 36
Trap 36
ToSsGirL 32
Killer 25
Terrorterran 16
zelot 15
JulyZerg 14
Rock 13
Bale 11
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9590
qojqva1675
Dendi977
Counter-Strike
fl0m2744
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1460
crisheroes1097
Liquid`Hasu625
Other Games
singsing2009
B2W.Neo1110
Beastyqt658
Mlord366
FrodaN269
Hui .226
Livibee178
Liquid`VortiX154
KnowMe114
ArmadaUGS111
Mew2King75
Trikslyr18
CosmosSc2 16
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 64
• StrangeGG 35
• mYiSmile125
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7746
League of Legends
• Jankos1855
Other Games
• Shiphtur241
• WagamamaTV196
Upcoming Events
FEL
3m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 3m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 3m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 3m
INu's Battles
20h 3m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
23h 3m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.