• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:36
CEST 03:36
KST 10:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7594 users

Newbie Mafia XXXIX - Page 11

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 33 Next All
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 23 2013 15:05 GMT
#201
Actually it is, because if he is telling the truth it is scumhunting (and part of your case is his lack of scumhunting). He could have definitely done more with his posts, i give you that. My concern is that there are other people who have done far less than virtu has. I still think virtu is at least making sense in his post (compared to people like Raven & Fishgle).
table for two on a tv tray
Rainbows
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany1217 Posts
March 23 2013 16:05 GMT
#202
I can agree with you on fishgle. But imo raven just seems emotional and not nonsensical. Virtu is making sense, if thats how you want to put it, but that sense is anti-town from what ive seen.

TheRavensName
Profile Joined August 2011
United States911 Posts
March 23 2013 16:37 GMT
#203
Hmmm, my opinion of Fish? Theres not much to form an opinion of outside his two list posts. I agree with Ray in thinking the cop comment was a terrible choice, so much so that I wouldn't have been surprised if it was a fish for a reaction, especially sense if they nail our blue day 1 were in pretty bad shape. Plus he doesn't think any of the active people should be interrogated, just the lurkers and... himself? That seems like... quite an odd choice., especially if hes going to lurk so hard and is Mafia. At this point I'm getting a sort of null read, with a slight mafia ting to it. Even though its sorto f my logic as well, I can't help but feel the pushing for Ray to shut up combined with his preference towards lurker interrogating and the possible blue bait attempt, It all adds up to either sloppy and poor play, or mafia play dsguised that way.
I once breadcrumbed watcher in a game with no watchers in the setup.
Rainbows
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany1217 Posts
March 23 2013 16:41 GMT
#204
Raven, that entire paragraph to say you have a null tell. :/ rly.
Frorgon
Profile Joined October 2010
United States146 Posts
March 23 2013 18:25 GMT
#205
@rayn

Looking over fishgle's filter, he hasn't said a lot, but what he has said so far hasn't been good. Starts off with a suggestion that you are the cop. Maybe to see if someone would be dumb enough to blue claim or give hints on who the blue might be.

Then he goes on to list all the lurkers we should be suspicious of, doesn't scumhunt, and gets upset about aggressive scumhunting behavior. Then he lurks. Pretty similar to virtu actually.

As far as Raven, I thought he was generally trying to explain things in a clear and concise way. However, I'm not feeling as good about him as time passes by. I mean last game he was pretty on the ball with reads but this game he seems to be off. Obviously I think his read on me is poor based on one little comment I made. Mad that I drew attention to him? And his read on you just doesn't make any sense, as in my eyes you have been actively scumhunting so far. Meanwhile, he soft defends virtu and instead tries to draw everyone back to me and draw paralells.

On March 23 2013 07:50 TheRavensName wrote:
His case on Virtu seems more like a sheep onto rainbows and he seems sure of how a godfather acts when he hasn't played one with a godfather yet when we are not certain there even is one. I think he oculd have drawn Godfather himself personally.


Here is his only mention of virtu. Given the fact that two people are suspicious of virtu right now and made cases, you would think he would have offered an opinion. Instead he just says I'm sheeping and avoids the issue entirely. Calls me out for talking about a godfather even though it was virtu who said that and I just didn't quote properly.

So in my opinion virtu is still the most overt scum candidate so far for discouraging scumhunting and whining when he gets called out. I like to go for the most overt ones first. But if for some reason we need to consolidate votes I could probably vote for Raven too. And I'd like fishgle to post more.
Frorgon
Profile Joined October 2010
United States146 Posts
March 23 2013 18:27 GMT
#206
Now if we lynch virtu and he flips scum, we'll have two people who defended him. But in ray's case I think he could just be wrong in trusting virtu. Raven on the other hand seems to be trying to avoid the issue altogether. At least ray wasn't afraid to post an opinion.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 23 2013 18:51 GMT
#207
After Rainbows summed up his case on virtu i now have a better clue why he is actually voting for him. Correct me if i am wrong but you basically have the same reasons?

What's bothering me the most at the moment that the good activity level we had early on in the game has dropped to basically zero. virtu disappeared last night. Fishgle made a post about what we should do and then he went back to lurk mode after i called him out for his post. He isn't even following his own advice!! Krafla is MIA. nobodywonder disappeared when we had some good discussion on last night. JarJarDrinks posted his case on you and stopped doing anything after that. It's basically we four here discussing the same topics over and over again.

Again, i would really recommend you to not make connection cases pre-flip. You can't know for sure what anyone will flip unless you are mafia. Townies can defend mafiosi, it's not uncommon at all, and vice versa. After someone flips you need to look for who accused/defended them and for what reasons. Being wrong in itself is not scummy. Being wrong for wrong reasons (or for reasons that do not make sense) however is (like i feel that's the case with Raven here).
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 23 2013 19:00 GMT
#208
Oh i forget. Frorgon i still want you to answer this:
The thing about your reaction test i don't understand is this. If you do reaction tests, you should have some kinda purpose behind this. If you think people you are testing are mafia, you should already have some kind of a clue what you expect them to answer. I don't see what you were trying to achieve with your comment. What is it that you were trying to get out from JarJar & Raven? And why do that with a comment that doesn't make sense in the first place?
table for two on a tv tray
TheRavensName
Profile Joined August 2011
United States911 Posts
March 23 2013 19:09 GMT
#209
##unvote Raynpelikoneet
##vote: Frorgon
I can see that it is unlikely I will get a lynch off of Ray, and I'm starting to view him more like an aggressive townie like rainbows the more this goes on. I'm siwtching my vote to Frorgon, basically because hes lurking pretty had and acting suspicious and non contributing when he actually is here (Via pushing connection cases off of nothing.) Truth be told, your reminding me of arctic, someone who would probably get away if he lurked a little more and only makes himself look bad whenever he posts. I haven't posted against V simply because I don't think hes scum. I don't see a way to defend him, nor do I feel like I should, but I don't feel like I should go after him if I don't feel hes an issue.
I once breadcrumbed watcher in a game with no watchers in the setup.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 23 2013 19:50 GMT
#210
What the hell do you mean by V?
table for two on a tv tray
TheRavensName
Profile Joined August 2011
United States911 Posts
March 23 2013 19:57 GMT
#211
On March 24 2013 04:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What the hell do you mean by V?

Virtu. I have a bad habbit of forgetting peoples names as I type them, so I put their first letter and sometimes forget to go back and fix it when I'm done.
I once breadcrumbed watcher in a game with no watchers in the setup.
Frorgon
Profile Joined October 2010
United States146 Posts
March 23 2013 20:02 GMT
#212
On March 24 2013 04:09 TheRavensName wrote:
##unvote Raynpelikoneet
##vote: Frorgon
I can see that it is unlikely I will get a lynch off of Ray, and I'm starting to view him more like an aggressive townie like rainbows the more this goes on. I'm siwtching my vote to Frorgon, basically because hes lurking pretty had and acting suspicious and non contributing when he actually is here (Via pushing connection cases off of nothing.) Truth be told, your reminding me of arctic, someone who would probably get away if he lurked a little more and only makes himself look bad whenever he posts. I haven't posted against V simply because I don't think hes scum. I don't see a way to defend him, nor do I feel like I should, but I don't feel like I should go after him if I don't feel hes an issue.



Holy shit this post screams of scum. "He's lurking pretty bad and acting suspicious and non contributing when he actually is here." Are you serious? THIS is an arctic style post. First of all, there are a lot of pretty bad lurkers right now. I don't even consider myself even slightly lurking. And "acting suspicious" but you didn't elaborate as to why? Lastly, you are still trying to avoid talking about virtu, now just making it completely obvious. "I don't think he's scum" isn't a good enough explanation.

Basically you are switching to me because your case against ray didn't stick and there's another person voting for me.

Congratulations, you are now the most obvious scum.

##Unvote
##Vote: TheRavensName
Fishgle
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2174 Posts
March 23 2013 20:29 GMT
#213
Rayn, can you clarify what you mean by "raven [could be wrong] for the wrong reasons"? To me, it seems like all he's done is defend himself, and that to me isn't scummy.

yea, I haven't been following my own advice. Woops.

as for virtu, I really don't think there's any reason to vote for him. He has some vapid posts and then some angry defensive ones. Again, defending yourself doesn't make you guilty.

Rainbow is tunneling too hard on virtu, and basically refuses to look at other options. I find that really odd. Virtu made 1 defensive post, in which he got clearly angry. And somehow it's gotten 2 votes on virtu, by himself and Frogron, who I think is also suspicious. Furthermore, he has strange bouts of language. "what does though thinkest of me?" ""Ahh! Yes! This fine TLer right here, he is advocating pro-town things!" "IF THIS IS YOUR PHILOSOPHY ON PLAYING TOWN, PLEASE LEAVE SIR" etc. Either he's normally that theatric, or it bubbles up whenever he bullshits. I think it's the latter.

But the most suspicious to me is still rayn. He's been such a flurry of fingers that no one is looking at him (apart from Raven, I guess). Every time he has gotten called out, he carefully points a finger in a different direction. So, I still have my eye on you, rayn.

But anyway. ##Vote:Rainbows
aka ChillyGonzalo / GnozL
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 23 2013 21:04 GMT
#214
On March 24 2013 05:29 Fishgle wrote:
Rayn, can you clarify what you mean by "raven [could be wrong] for the wrong reasons"? To me, it seems like all he's done is defend himself, and that to me isn't scummy.


Earlier i said this:
I'm still keeping my vote on Raven. He's voting me for trying to figure out stuff (lol), and for changing my mind every 5 seconds (lie). He's also adding more fuel on me by saying i didn't confront Frorgon (which i did) and when i explained that he said i lack the conclusion (lie). Other than that he has done very litte. His other suspect is Frorgon but he doesn't seem to want to figure out where Frorgon's head is at. He says Frorgon is suspicious but he doesn't want to investigate in that matter further. Every other thing he has commented is "JarJar made a suspicious post but i don't think he is that suspicious". His play makes no sense from town point of view.

If you can't find out where those things have happened, you are clearly not reading the thread. I'm not going to quote half of my & Raven's posts just because you are too lazy to read.

But the most suspicious to me is still rayn. He's been such a flurry of fingers that no one is looking at him (apart from Raven, I guess). Every time he has gotten called out, he carefully points a finger in a different direction. So, I still have my eye on you, rayn.

What do you mean by "pointing a finger in a different direction"? I'm trying to figure out who is mafia, something that you know, includes questioning people and telling what do you think of them and watching out how people react to different things. If you think that's suspicious then you do. I think that's what playing mafia is about.

But anyway. ##Vote:Rainbows

If i am the most suspicious person why are you voting for Rainbows instead?
table for two on a tv tray
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 23 2013 22:03 GMT
#215
@Frorgorn, you still haven't responded to this. Can you explain why the 2 posts responding to ray and rainbows contradict each other?
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2013 09:32 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Here's Frorgons 2nd and 3rd posts of the game:

On March 22 2013 23:03 Frorgon wrote:
What's wrong Raven? You guys trying to cover each other's ass?

On March 23 2013 04:16 Frorgon wrote:

@Rainbows

I wasn't necessarily suspicious of Raven. I was trying to provoke some more discussion, because up until that point there hadn't been much. I'd get a gist about Raven based on his response and I think I was fairly successful in that. Comparing it to the previous game I'd say as of now he leans town for me.

Does that first post sound like someone that's trying to provoke discussion or sound like someone accusing people of being scummy? It seems to me that Frorg is clearly trying to imply scumminess. But he's saying that he was just trying to get a reaction, which maybe would be believable if his next post wasn't this:
On March 23 2013 04:26 Frorgon wrote:

@ray

The point I was trying to make was that Raven pointed out jarjar as potentially suspicious, and then later in the same post backed off and said that the behavior could possibly explained. It's a scum move to give the appearance of suspecting someone in order to look useful, only to avoid committing to it later on. in the same post.
Huh? I thought you just said that your comment was to provoke discussion, NOT because you thought Raven was scummy?


So while I'm still suspicious of Raven. I don't think he looks as scummy as Frorgon does.

##Unvote: TheRavensName
##Vote: Frorgon

Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 23 2013 23:19 GMT
#216
Crap, I haven't voted or read anything today (it's my birthday) and I'm just about to go to bed. Uhm I can vote for myself legally right so I don't get mod killed? I'll try and make it up tomorrow, sorry!

##Vote: Krafla
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-24 00:58:13
March 23 2013 23:25 GMT
#217
Vote Count!

All votes must be in the correct format to be counted. You are required to vote.



Frorgon: (2) JarJarDrinks, TheRavensName
TheRavensName (2): Raynpelikoneet, Frogon, JarJarDrinks
Virtu (1): Rainbows, Frogon
Rainbows (1): Fishgle
Krafla (1): Krafla
JarJarDrinks (0): Raynpelikoneet
Raynpelikoneet (0): TheRavensName, Rainbows

Not Voting: (2) Virtu, Nobodywonder

Currently, Frorgon is set to be lynched! 1.5 hours until lynch deadline 01:00 GMT (+00:00). Please let us know if I need to go back to Muggle math class, or if my counting spell is not functioning properly. Can't trust magic for everything!
Grubby's #1 Fan
TheRavensName
Profile Joined August 2011
United States911 Posts
March 24 2013 00:18 GMT
#218
On March 24 2013 08:19 Krafla wrote:
Crap, I haven't voted or read anything today (it's my birthday) and I'm just about to go to bed. Uhm I can vote for myself legally right so I don't get mod killed? I'll try and make it up tomorrow, sorry!

##Vote: Krafla

The hell?
I once breadcrumbed watcher in a game with no watchers in the setup.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 24 2013 00:32 GMT
#219
Okay, that's fucking unacceptable. It takes max 10 minutes to even skim through the thread and look at the cases presented so far.

##Unvote: TheRavensName
##Vote: Krafla
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 24 2013 00:58 GMT
#220
Seriously. If there is any townie online, vote for Krafla. There is no reason to let him get away with that shit.
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings74
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 145
RuFF_SC2 114
ProTech59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15772
Rain 2245
Artosis 570
NaDa 19
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift3634
Counter-Strike
taco 388
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox715
Mew2King105
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor972
Other Games
summit1g8555
Day[9].tv706
JimRising 558
PiGStarcraft316
C9.Mang0265
ArmadaUGS70
ViBE49
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV227
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream104
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 158
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP61
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv706
• Scarra578
• Shiphtur146
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 24m
OSC
20h 24m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.