• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:08
CEST 02:08
KST 09:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8119 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVII - Page 60

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 92 Next
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 15 2013 00:50 GMT
#1181
On February 15 2013 09:48 warbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2013 09:16 Sylencia wrote:
How is it possible to say for certain that there's only a mafia roleblocker, when we don't know if it was a JK or a RB?


Show nested quote +

Roleblocker
Once per night, you may send in a PM detailing a person you would like to block. That person will be notified that they were blocked, and if the person being blocked has a night action, he or she will not be able to use it. Roleblocks work on both active and passive abilities, but block only one ability. Active abilities will be prioritized over passive abilities.

Jailkeeper
Every night you may choose one person to jail. You will protect them from 1 KP and prevent them using any role they might have. Neither you nor your target will be informed of successful saves.


I assumed you being informed that you were blocked meant there was an RB, since JK does not mention informing the target that they were blocked. I could be wrong about this assumption, though.

I am relatively experienced with JK;

the "save" does indeed inform much like an RB.. in fact, if RB and JK both select the same target; the target will receive only 1 notification.
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 15 2013 00:57 GMT
#1182
On February 15 2013 09:50 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2013 09:48 warbaby wrote:
On February 15 2013 09:16 Sylencia wrote:
How is it possible to say for certain that there's only a mafia roleblocker, when we don't know if it was a JK or a RB?



Roleblocker
Once per night, you may send in a PM detailing a person you would like to block. That person will be notified that they were blocked, and if the person being blocked has a night action, he or she will not be able to use it. Roleblocks work on both active and passive abilities, but block only one ability. Active abilities will be prioritized over passive abilities.

Jailkeeper
Every night you may choose one person to jail. You will protect them from 1 KP and prevent them using any role they might have. Neither you nor your target will be informed of successful saves.


I assumed you being informed that you were blocked meant there was an RB, since JK does not mention informing the target that they were blocked. I could be wrong about this assumption, though.

I am relatively experienced with JK;

the "save" does indeed inform much like an RB.. in fact, if RB and JK both select the same target; the target will receive only 1 notification.


Jailkeeper
Every night you may choose one person to jail. You will protect them from 1 KP and prevent them using any role they might have. Neither you nor your target will be informed of successful saves.

The setup explicitly states JK target will not be informed of a save. If you're saving a JK save and a RB block are the same, I'd expect that based on this wording JK targets are not informed. Can't hurt to ask though...

If a JK targets a town power role, will that player be informed that their role was blocked?

Sorry for more setup speculation, but this is probably worth clearing up.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
February 15 2013 01:00 GMT
#1183
Vote Count

warbaby (0): mocsta
ObviousOne (8): TestSubject893, mocsta, zarepath, Sevryn, Sylencia, warbaby, Sn0_Man, Mandalor

No vote (2): ObviousOne, cDgCorazon

ObviousOne is currently set to be lynched. 24 hours until the deadline. Voting is mandatory
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
February 15 2013 01:02 GMT
#1184
On February 15 2013 09:57 warbaby wrote:
If a JK targets a town power role, will that player be informed that their role was blocked?

All (successful) roleblocks result in a roleblock message.
The role of the roleblocked person has no bearing onto this.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 15 2013 01:08 GMT
#1185
Hum who should I vote for?
Syl Zare Mand
##VOTE: Mandalor
For not living up to my expectations thus far.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 15 2013 01:15 GMT
#1186
corazon are you really going to keep us in suspense for who you're voting?

The vote is essentially majority now; are we able to shorten the cycle to say: 30hrs (or now); Pretty Puh-lease ?
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 15 2013 02:22 GMT
#1187
On February 15 2013 10:15 Mocsta wrote:
corazon are you really going to keep us in suspense for who you're voting?

The vote is essentially majority now; are we able to shorten the cycle to say: 30hrs (or now); Pretty Puh-lease ?


I'm not sure. Do you want me to delay my case until N2 or do you want me to give me thoughts now? I feel like cases lose traction after a day if the person does not get lynched...
Grubby's #1 Fan
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 15 2013 02:58 GMT
#1188
On February 15 2013 11:22 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2013 10:15 Mocsta wrote:
corazon are you really going to keep us in suspense for who you're voting?

The vote is essentially majority now; are we able to shorten the cycle to say: 30hrs (or now); Pretty Puh-lease ?


I'm not sure. Do you want me to delay my case until N2 or do you want me to give me thoughts now? I feel like cases lose traction after a day if the person does not get lynched...

I assume you may not be voting for OO then

Im stuck in the middle here..

Like you said on one hand; early cases tend to lose traction (and we have a clear lynch this cycle already)

On the other hand; Town is not talking much anymore, so we almost lost a whole cycle and not scum hunted; this might kick start discussion

I can't tell you what to do on this one; do which ever you think will be more beneficial.

If it was me; I wouldn't release the case; BUT, that is only because zarepath still hasnt addressed my concerns....
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 15 2013 03:13 GMT
#1189
Yeah I think I'll hold off on the case.

Let's hope the hosts decide to end this quickly.

##Vote: ObviousOne
Grubby's #1 Fan
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 15 2013 03:19 GMT
#1190
Mocsta, I thought I already addressed them. It's the most recent long post in my filter.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 15 2013 03:49 GMT
#1191
On February 15 2013 12:19 zarepath wrote:
Mocsta, I thought I already addressed them. It's the most recent long post in my filter.

Righto
Not sure how I missed that lol
Thanks The thought process relayed makes sense to me, pretty innovative tactic too.




As an aside - probably not worth discussing further (just my musing):

I still think your "case" contributed to the lack of consolidation.
By this; I mean, that it played a part in the outcome; but do not infer it is the sole reason by any means.

This is primarily because the fake case ID* create a state of thread confusion - a genuine WTF moment; and in addition took away emphasis from most scum hunt pressure present in the thread at the time.
The "fake case" conclusion did not lead to a clear target, and hence, for a meaningful portion of the cycle; there was essentially a lack of scum hunting.
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 15 2013 04:29 GMT
#1192
Honestly, if I were to do it over, I would wait until there was a warbaby wagon, and then done it. I thought a warbaby wagon was imminent and wanted to give a wagon for scum to hop onto if they didn't want warbaby lynched. But doing it so early in Day 1 proved problematic.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 15 2013 04:32 GMT
#1193
On February 15 2013 12:49 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2013 12:19 zarepath wrote:
Mocsta, I thought I already addressed them. It's the most recent long post in my filter.

Righto
Not sure how I missed that lol
Thanks The thought process relayed makes sense to me, pretty innovative tactic too.




As an aside - probably not worth discussing further (just my musing):

I still think your "case" contributed to the lack of consolidation.
By this; I mean, that it played a part in the outcome; but do not infer it is the sole reason by any means.

This is primarily because the fake case ID* create a state of thread confusion - a genuine WTF moment; and in addition took away emphasis from most scum hunt pressure present in the thread at the time.
The "fake case" conclusion did not lead to a clear target, and hence, for a meaningful portion of the cycle; there was essentially a lack of scum hunting.


Do you feel like you effectively hunted scum during that period? You've made a lot of noise, but a half of the time you've mentioned players other than me, it turns out that you're using them as an excuse to tunnel me some more (eg).

I'm glad if you think I'm scum, but I can't be all 3 scum. How do you feel about corazon? You've mentioned and quoted him a lot, but it only seems to be when you're tunelling me. You say here that you haven't been thinking of Corazon much, but then when I search for "Corazon" if your full filter, I get 42 hits!

Something is up here.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 15 2013 04:37 GMT
#1194
I'd like to see you take that logic a step further and actually make a case, WB.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 15 2013 04:39 GMT
#1195
To put it another way, Mocsta, do you feel like lynching a semi-active town over a really shaky meta case is indicative of good scumhunting? When there were other more legit lurkers to lynch?

What scumreads did you come out of it with? Me? Anybody else?
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 15 2013 04:39 GMT
#1196
That sounded a little aggressive, sorry. But basically I don't want to go study all 42 of his corazon mentions. You imply that "something is up" because he's mentioned one person a lot, but I don't fully see the implication, at least not enough for me to understand things better. I think it might be a good point you bring up, but I pretty much can only tell if you make a real case.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 15 2013 04:40 GMT
#1197
On February 15 2013 13:37 zarepath wrote:
I'd like to see you take that logic a step further and actually make a case, WB.


I don't have access to any knowledge you don't (unless you're scum). You're welcome to review the thread like I'm doing, and make any case you think makes sense.

Or are you too busy making fake cases to see if you can start a wagon?
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 15 2013 04:44 GMT
#1198
Durr, don't want to start a pissing match Zare (if you're even capable, you seem too level headed).

Yes your fake case could have a town motive. My point was it could have also had a scum motive -- "hey guys i wanna lynch this active townie on D1!" And unless I'm wrong, the person you made the fake case on turned out to be a townie...
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 15 2013 04:45 GMT
#1199
On February 11 2013 09:43 warbaby wrote:
  • Don't be a jerk for no reason; try not to use personal insults and inflammatory language. Avoid OMGUS if possible.
I failed on the last .. points in NMM 36,

Guess what warbaby.. your still failing on this point in NMM37

warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 15 2013 04:49 GMT
#1200
On February 15 2013 13:45 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 09:43 warbaby wrote:
  • Don't be a jerk for no reason; try not to use personal insults and inflammatory language. Avoid OMGUS if possible.
I failed on the last .. points in NMM 36,

Guess what warbaby.. your still failing on this point in NMM37



Thanks, I like you too. So how about posting some scum reads on someone other than me?

Are you ignoring my question of what you think about Corazon?
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings58
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE166
ProTech153
Nina 143
SpeCial 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13822
Artosis 650
PianO 32
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm178
canceldota134
League of Legends
Doublelift4142
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1689
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe93
Other Games
summit1g6494
shahzam578
Day[9].tv520
C9.Mang0340
Maynarde91
Trikslyr66
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV165
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 47
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur646
• Day9tv520
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 52m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.