• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:23
CEST 15:23
KST 22:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10679 users

Nomination Mafia - Page 70

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 115 Next
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 13 2013 08:41 GMT
#1381
phagga, if you are not up for nomination you are scum

Cos tha boss said so.
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
February 13 2013 09:52 GMT
#1382
Good job giving scum hints on who to nominate.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 13 2013 10:34 GMT
#1383
Good job at looking like scum phagga
No gg, No skill.
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
February 13 2013 11:28 GMT
#1384
On February 13 2013 19:34 Oatsmaster wrote:
Good job at looking like scum phagga


Of course, because there is no way a townie would switch his vote when he feels he is about to misslynch. A townie should always stick to his cases, no matter what new posts his target has written and no matter if he is going to misslynch or not. /sarcasm

What you fail to see is that my actions can also be explained by town motivation, not only by scum motivation. Some of you guys have some much confirmation bias by now towards me that you are unable to see this, you only see the possible scum motivation and scream "SCUM! SCUM! SCUM!".
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 13 2013 11:31 GMT
#1385
Of course, cause there is no way scum would switch their vote when he feels that it is suspicious if he keeps going for it, and since there is no traction for the other lynch.

So Phagga, who is scum?
No gg, No skill.
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
February 13 2013 12:53 GMT
#1386
On February 13 2013 20:31 Oatsmaster wrote:
Of course, cause there is no way scum would switch their vote when he feels that it is suspicious if he keeps going for it, and since there is no traction for the other lynch.


you are completely missing the point.

So Phagga, who is scum?


I'll tell you tomorrow when Dawn is over.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 13 2013 12:58 GMT
#1387
Ok Phagga, in your own words, why arnt you telling us scum reads now?
No gg, No skill.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 13 2013 12:59 GMT
#1388
On February 13 2013 21:53 phagga wrote:
I'll tell you tomorrow when Dawn is over.

Thats what she (scum) said
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
February 13 2013 13:02 GMT
#1389
- Because I don't want to give mafia hints on who to nominate
- Because I need to reread D3 after what happened
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 13 2013 13:10 GMT
#1390
How does telling your reads give mafia hints? I am utterly confused.

Do you not have 1 read on who is scum?

No gg, No skill.
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
February 13 2013 13:24 GMT
#1391
If people starting posting their updated reads now, it gives scum a good idea who is generally viewed as town by other townies and who might still be under suspicioun. This might influence their nomination. For Example, they might try to pick the townies with the most influence, and when they see our scum reads (or even town reads), they have an easier time choosing the right targets.

Another example, Mocsta saying that I'm scum if I'm not up for nomination. If mafia thinks that Mocsta is someone with influence on town, they might not nominate me because they hope that he might push a misslynch on me. Which also makes his post sort of a self-fullfilling prophecy.

I know I'm making some assumptions here, but there is no reason to give this information out now. Activity will be rather low today. Also consider that the reads of several people might have changed after yesterdays events. Let the mafia be in the dark about who we see as town and who as scum, so they have a harder time to damage town with good nominations.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 13 2013 13:31 GMT
#1392
And you think that all of town has the same reads? And that scum dont know them? Cause that is the only way town benefits from playing like this.
No gg, No skill.
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
February 13 2013 13:41 GMT
#1393
Some reads might be the same, yes. And as I said, after yesterdays events, some reads might have changed. There is a reason why several people stated they want to reread.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 13 2013 13:51 GMT
#1394
Meh, if I cant change your mind, there is no point in continuing this conversation. Just be aware that withholding reads looks scummy in my eyes.
No gg, No skill.
Mr. Cheesecake
Profile Joined October 2012
United States3756 Posts
February 13 2013 14:08 GMT
#1395
Got a few mins between dis class.

On February 13 2013 17:41 Mocsta wrote:
phagga, if you are not up for nomination you are scum

Cos tha boss said so.


Not sure if Mocsta scum or jester. What's the purpose on this post? I need to reread Mocsta, wrote him off as town ever since first nominatons.

I want to say shit right now but I'm waiting until dawn phase to ejaculate a thought-provoking post. Anyone around to discuss SlOosh?
But CC isn't protown as town. 100% real heuristic.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 13 2013 14:12 GMT
#1396
Im here, I am not willing to call slOosh town yet, still null for me
No gg, No skill.
Mr. Cheesecake
Profile Joined October 2012
United States3756 Posts
February 13 2013 14:16 GMT
#1397
On February 13 2013 23:12 Oatsmaster wrote:
Im here, I am not willing to call slOosh town yet, still null for me


What bugs you about his vote switch? I was reading him as really townie trying to figure stuff out and come to the correct conclusion. I actually didn't think I was going to convince him to join the Snarfs wagon, and it was a long uphill battle. You think he could have last minute bussed -- is that really optimal scum play?
But CC isn't protown as town. 100% real heuristic.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 13 2013 14:22 GMT
#1398
I dont know :/
VE wasnt really gaining much traction, it was about equal at the moment and you were pushing Snarfs lynch so hard.

What really bugs me is the total amount of self-deprecation and buddying that happens after the lynch.

+ Show Spoiler +

On February 13 2013 09:17 slOosh wrote:
Ok, just finished a full reread.

VE, I apologize to you first. I was so immersed in my phagga case and was so disturbed that you totally dismissed it. You are correct in that you have been on Snarfs & prplhz from the beginning. I admit it - I can't read, which led to my misinterpretation of you and then vice versa the cycle. (similar thing happened in ... that WBG game where we nailed scum 3 days in a row ... not that it's relevant but whatever).

Mr. Cheesecake, you are a boss. I am wrong and you are right and I'm sheeping you all game because I am not as good as I thought I was. I rescind my town read on jay and my scum read on Oats. Too good. MVP right here.
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 11:22 Mr. Cheesecake wrote:
I'm convinced that at least one or both of Phagga / Snarfs is scum. Prphlz is kinda up there, but I want him to pressure me first so I can see if he's British-Yamato scummy or more town. Jay came off so scummy trying to derail that lynch and deem everyone on the wagon was scummy for voting Palmar. Made me giggle on the inside. Top 4 right thar, 2-3 scum in it.

Don't think Yamato / VE be a good lynch today. Yamato I don't see as that scummy, VE I see as more of as ez scum target because he's just not living up to his full potential. He's 'slippery' as SlOosh put it, but my top scumreads all want him dead which irks the fuck out of me.



On February 13 2013 09:27 slOosh wrote:
Eh ... I guess I still have a lot of confirmation bias to deal with.

Phagga smelt like scum and I didn't like that you waived it, but that's probably because I didn't address your Snarfs case first (I guess I missed it or thought Snarfs was right at the time or something).

Also apologies to Oats. You are not daft, I just can't see scum that well.

Ahh ... what a game to go down into the annals of TL Mafia~

Yea ... and not to bias you or anything but I really dig Mr. Cheesecakes' scum team. You can see how they interact with each other. Not that it's valid until you get some flips going, but at this point I've invested enough time into the game for it to click in my head. Oh, and I also could be wrong, so ... yea. Rereading is great!

On February 13 2013 09:38 slOosh wrote:
Oh, yea I suppose. It would be very foolish and humiliating to start celebrations and then end up losing because of arrogance. Excited to do this with you guys. I guess I'll do some homework now and come back at the deadline.

No gg, No skill.
Mr. Cheesecake
Profile Joined October 2012
United States3756 Posts
February 13 2013 14:31 GMT
#1399
I'll admit it looked like he conceded really suddenly. I actually thought he was joking when he said that I was right and he would sheep me etc etc.

VE was ahead by a few votes with Phagga / prphlz on board. I think SlOosh was really the deciding factor when he unvoted, and ultimately the motion changer. I think his vote switch was the least scummy of them all, so (perhaps) you should reconsider that fact on it's own.

Oats -- you also mention that hiding scumreads is scummy for the Dawn phase. Why? I don't much like Phagga but it's a null point to hide reads until nomination phase start.
But CC isn't protown as town. 100% real heuristic.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 13 2013 14:34 GMT
#1400
Hiding scumreads normally is scummy, and I dont see why its different in this case.

At least we can use the 24 hours productively.
I dont think we should discuss who scum is gonna put up though.

Also DEBEARS, you havent posted anything since your opening post.
No gg, No skill.
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 115 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs herOLIVE!
IntoTheiNu 1389
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 262
MaxPax 118
Rex 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 64699
Calm 3787
Shuttle 3048
Bisu 1881
FanTaSy 1652
EffOrt 420
Stork 349
firebathero 309
Hyuk 284
Mini 275
[ Show more ]
Soma 264
Rush 243
Light 194
ZerO 164
Soulkey 146
Snow 146
Zeus 141
actioN 130
Last 130
Barracks 113
Killer 69
Dewaltoss 64
Mong 61
Sea.KH 60
hero 56
Pusan 48
Shinee 41
Hyun 41
Free 35
Bale 35
NotJumperer 35
ToSsGirL 33
Shine 26
Sharp 26
PianO 24
Yoon 23
Aegong 21
yabsab 17
sorry 16
Sacsri 12
zelot 12
HiyA 11
Noble 10
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5851
Dendi730
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1386
kRYSTAL_109
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko392
Other Games
gofns40451
singsing2135
B2W.Neo615
hiko369
crisheroes282
DeMusliM239
byalli195
Livibee158
Hui .136
Mew2King95
Liquid`VortiX68
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV235
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 52m
Replay Cast
9h 37m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.