• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:06
CEST 22:06
KST 05:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8217 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVI - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 42 Next All
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
January 25 2013 23:50 GMT
#101
On January 26 2013 08:49 Stutters695 wrote:
well everyone else has confirmed for starting today and you're obviously here so roll pms will go out soon and the day post will be up at 8pm est.
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-26 00:36:11
January 26 2013 00:34 GMT
#102
role pms are out. If you did not get one for some reason pm me asap. Game will be starting in thirty minutes. If you haven't already posted for the obs qt and want it pm me.
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
January 26 2013 01:03 GMT
#103
Day 1


Day 1 has begun! You have 48 hours until the lynch.
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
January 26 2013 02:16 GMT
#104
I'd like to get this flawless town victory started by suggesting some ideas to promote a healthy town atmosphere:

  • No lurking! Personally I'm not yet decided on Lynch All Lurkers, but it sounds like a decent idea.
  • Post succinctly. Don't ramble about your personal life. Don't post a stream of consciousness... coalesce your ideas before you post.
  • Don't be needlessly aggressive. Pressuring scum to get information is great, being a jerk for no reason is not.


GLHF everyone
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
January 26 2013 02:32 GMT
#105
I never quite know what to say at the beginning of a game of mafia. So some things I've learned from my last two games are:

- Have a clear, consolidated vote on Day 1 so you can more easily pressure and read mafia participation
- Don't be lazy in your analysis, and take the effort to examine the people you're NOT certain are mafia, not just the ones you think you ARE certain about

I'm going to a coworker's wedding tomorrow evening and then Sundays I'm barely available at all. So my Day 1 participation is not going to be great, all told; apologies in advance. Hopefully I'll be able to participate enough, and productively enough, to persuade I'm pro-town. It's typical of my meta that I start off slow for the first day or so and then pick up once the data starts rolling in.

I don't find anything wrong with warbaby's post. I personally really dislike needless aggression, and I think that hurts the town environment far too often.

"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
January 26 2013 03:39 GMT
#106
On January 26 2013 11:16 warbaby wrote:
I'd like to get this flawless town victory started by suggesting some ideas to promote a healthy town atmosphere:

  • No lurking! Personally I'm not yet decided on Lynch All Lurkers, but it sounds like a decent idea.
  • Post succinctly. Don't ramble about your personal life. Don't post a stream of consciousness... coalesce your ideas before you post.
  • Don't be needlessly aggressive. Pressuring scum to get information is great, being a jerk for no reason is not.


GLHF everyone


I like your points warbaby, they're right on the spot of things we don't want to do.

I would like one more to those:

Don't get confirmation bias. Explore all possible options before voting, and make sure your vote is serious. In my opinion, a vote should not be used to get information about someone unless they have been called out for lack of activity before. A FoS (finger of suspicion) is sufficient enough when first pressuring someone for information. I'm all fine with pressure voting for someone after you've given them the FoS or some other sort of warning, but if you are going to vote, make sure you mean it. It will show the town that your vote means business, instead of trivial matters that could be solved without voting.

That was really long, but you get the picture.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
January 26 2013 04:27 GMT
#107
On January 26 2013 11:16 warbaby wrote:
  • Don't be needlessly aggressive. Pressuring scum to get information is great, being a jerk for no reason is not.



Dunno, aggressive behaviour is important IMO so long as its not too confirmation biased blah blah.

Gotta put pressure on scum, make em crack.

Either way, I won't be around for the first lynch since I'm gonna be out of town at a concert, so I'll make sure to have a vote in before it comes to that.

Currently, my plan is to lynch a lurker, but in a smaller 9-person game this might be less of an issue (not sure).

GLHF
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Acid~
Profile Joined September 2010
Thailand442 Posts
January 26 2013 05:31 GMT
#108
It's a fine line to walk, but I'd rather be too mean and lynch scum than too nice and lose. Sometimes being a "jerk" is the perfect way to extract information, because they way the person reacts can be a tell of their alignment.
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
January 26 2013 06:03 GMT
#109
You're both right that aggression is useful for scumhunting when applied logically. It's also useful for crapping up the thread and distracting attention away from scumbuddies. We can deal with that when/if it happens.

Acid~, your first post in XXXV was a lot more useful.

On January 26 2013 14:31 Acid~ wrote:
It's a fine line to walk, but I'd rather be too mean and lynch scum than too nice and lose. Sometimes being a "jerk" is the perfect way to extract information, because they way the person reacts can be a tell of their alignment.


My original post said "being a jerk for no reason"; scumhunting is a good reason. Snoman already made this exact point. Is there a good reason you made this rather pointless post?
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
January 26 2013 06:23 GMT
#110
See, I wanted to make a similar post warbaby, but I wondered if maybe letting him dig a deeper hole wouldn't make more sense, as opposed to letting him know that he sounds scummy. However, I suppose if everybody just hung back and observed other's play we would end up with... nobody playing.

Either way, I expect substantially higher quality posts from Acid, and that particular one sounded a LOT like "hey look at me I'm getting in my post, hopefully I sound generically townie" from a scum perspective. Something about the post just sounds hollow.

Eh, its not enough to make judgements at this stage. To be fair to acid, his methods were pretty aggressive (and rightly so) last game, so defending that method of play makes sense.

Meanwhile: We need more posts overnight if I am to have any chance of making an informed vote before I disappear. I probably won't be able to post much later than 8-10 hours pre-lynch so posts and content PLEASE. There are only 9 people so it's pretty easy to see who is and isn't lurking.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Slayalot
Profile Joined January 2013
Denmark15 Posts
January 26 2013 10:16 GMT
#111
On January 26 2013 11:16 warbaby wrote:
I'd like to get this flawless town victory started by suggesting some ideas to promote a healthy town atmosphere:

  • No lurking! Personally I'm not yet decided on Lynch All Lurkers, but it sounds like a decent idea.
  • Post succinctly. Don't ramble about your personal life. Don't post a stream of consciousness... coalesce your ideas before you post.
  • Don't be needlessly aggressive. Pressuring scum to get information is great, being a jerk for no reason is not.




I'm not sure what to write in these games yet. But as a few people have also said. The above "guidelines" from warbaby is a really good idea. Lurkers will most likely get my vote.
And furthermore I think that writing nonsense to fill up the chat (really mean online trick btw) is just as bad as lurking, and I will be watching out for that aswell.
Acid~
Profile Joined September 2010
Thailand442 Posts
January 26 2013 11:59 GMT
#112
On January 26 2013 15:03 warbaby wrote:
You're both right that aggression is useful for scumhunting when applied logically. It's also useful for crapping up the thread and distracting attention away from scumbuddies. We can deal with that when/if it happens.

Acid~, your first post in XXXV was a lot more useful.


I also had four or five pages of thread to analyze, it's illogical to expect the same kind of post when there's not even half a page yet.


Show nested quote +
On January 26 2013 14:31 Acid~ wrote:
It's a fine line to walk, but I'd rather be too mean and lynch scum than too nice and lose. Sometimes being a "jerk" is the perfect way to extract information, because they way the person reacts can be a tell of their alignment.


My original post said "being a jerk for no reason"; scumhunting is a good reason. Snoman already made this exact point. Is there a good reason you made this rather pointless post?


Why would you assume I automatically agree with Snoman, especially without knowing either of our alignments?
Acid~
Profile Joined September 2010
Thailand442 Posts
January 26 2013 12:00 GMT
#113
EBWOP: four or five pages more of thread to analyze, obviously.
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
January 26 2013 13:31 GMT
#114
On January 26 2013 20:59 Acid~ wrote:
I also had four or five pages of thread to analyze, it's illogical to expect the same kind of post when there's not even half a page yet.


Why didn't you wait until there were 5 pages to review in this game before posting, then? Nobody forced you to make a 2 sentence post that sounds like a scum trying to blend in. Your assertion here is appears reasonable, but in fact this is a lame excuse.

On January 26 2013 20:59 Acid~ wrote:
Why would you assume I automatically agree with Snoman, especially without knowing either of our alignments?


I assumed you agreed with snoman because you literally made the same point as snoman, just worded differently. Snoman also said some more stuff, which I feel contributed to the thread. What I think about your alignment is irrelevant to whether you made a quality first post, so I interpret this as a strawman.

I'm still willing to believe I'm misinterpreting your posts. Please explain how you were contributing to the thread or why you felt the need to make such an effort-lacking first post (breaking with your recent town meta). If you were literally just being lazy, and felt the need to post something, then say so. If you felt you actually did contribute something that hadn't been said already, then I'll just have to take your world for it.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
January 26 2013 13:38 GMT
#115
Eh, I don't think his post is that big of a deal -- perhaps after seeing how he behaves the rest of the day, the post will mean something.

How do you feel about LAL, Acid?
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
January 26 2013 13:40 GMT
#116
EBWOP: Remove the first occurrence of "is" in my 3rd sentence. Replace "world" with "word" in the last sentence.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
January 26 2013 13:55 GMT
#117
Hey new game first post from me.
Lots of old faces, ill definitely will try to be more active this time around.

My stance to LAL is: that we should first try to lynch scumreads -> scummy lurkers -> lurkers.

Is it possible to move the deadline to 8:00 KST? 10:00 KST is 2 AM here if my timezone converter didn't lie to me. Will be pretty hard for the europeans to be here i think.

I'll be on a big birthday party later this evening so don't expect me to be active. Sunday evening i should have a lot of time on my hands though. Till then ill try my best to squeeze some playing time in!
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
January 26 2013 15:21 GMT
#118
Glurio, I agree with your stance on lynching lurkers. While a non-contributing town is essentially playing for scum (and as such may be modkilled), lynching a lurker is better than no-lynch. At least that's what the coaches told me.

I also agree with Zarepath, to an extent. Acid's first post was not a big deal blatant scumslip or anything (I don't dispute his original point). I found Acid's second post was unsatisfactory, though, which casts even more doubt on him in my eyes.

I'm really displeased with the level of activity so far. Every time zone has had a reasonable chance to post, game start time was not a surprise. There's no excuse to lurk.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
January 26 2013 16:27 GMT
#119
Just make sure you guys don't use metas from old games too much. Mocsta wasted half a day in NMMXXXV by voting for me just because he could not tell whether my scum play or my town play are the same or different. (I feel like they are the same on the outside, but if you look hard enough than you could probably find a lot more holes in my logic if I was scum than town).
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
January 26 2013 16:30 GMT
#120
For the record, we still haven't heard anything from:

Skapunk
Abenson
AFKing (fitting name)

These three need to start posting before I (and perhaps to a greater extent, we) write you off as not needed by the town.

Lurkers don't help our cause, and if we can't find anyone scummy D1, I'd be totally down for LAL.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 855
SteadfastSC545
EnkiAlexander 65
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 545
ZombieGrub137
JuggernautJason65
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23862
Soulkey 291
Mini 163
White-Ra 139
Trap 25
ToSsGirL 25
Shine 21
NotJumperer 19
League of Legends
Doublelift940
Counter-Strike
fl0m1081
shoxiejesuss610
C9.Mang0177
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2544
Liquid`Hasu1932
Other Games
Grubby2823
ArmadaUGS1691
B2W.Neo527
shahzam236
Pyrionflax178
UpATreeSC77
Chillindude61
Dewaltoss52
Trikslyr46
Railgan24
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV184
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream101
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV320
League of Legends
• TFBlade1016
• Noizen235
Other Games
• imaqtpie1103
• Scarra741
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 54m
OSC
16h 54m
Stellar Fest
16h 54m
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.