• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:56
CEST 05:56
KST 12:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8004 users

[T] MTG Mini Mafia II - Page 114

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 112 113 114 115 116 121 Next
Aperture Science
Profile Joined January 2013
United States151 Posts
February 06 2013 18:09 GMT
#2261
On February 07 2013 03:07 Stutters695 wrote:
My hand really was ass after I got those random discards going into t2 That really fucked my shit up.

AS were you being honest about your hand or did you have some serious stuff up your sleeve if we didn't kill you?

No my hand was shit because I randomly discarded Epic Experiment. Its the engine of my deck, without it this deck is worthless.

And the reason i discarded it was because, as I said, I was working 12 hour days and thought I sent in the discards but didn't.

So I blame this game loss on RNG and am extremely frustrated.
We do what we must, because we can.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
February 06 2013 18:09 GMT
#2262
Other than being mafia we didnt actually lie at all this game
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-06 18:11:09
February 06 2013 18:10 GMT
#2263
On February 07 2013 03:09 gonzaw wrote:
Also Grey, I'll like policy kill you every game I'm in lol

GreY was actually afk though. A shame, since the time he was here he played a very calm and well calculated game.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
February 06 2013 18:10 GMT
#2264
Thank you for hosting Artanis and Blazinghand. It was a pleasure as always
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
SuckMyTopdeck
Profile Joined January 2013
Guernsey314 Posts
February 06 2013 18:10 GMT
#2265
On February 07 2013 03:09 Aperture Science wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2013 03:07 Stutters695 wrote:
My hand really was ass after I got those random discards going into t2 That really fucked my shit up.

AS were you being honest about your hand or did you have some serious stuff up your sleeve if we didn't kill you?

No my hand was shit because I randomly discarded Epic Experiment. Its the engine of my deck, without it this deck is worthless.

And the reason i discarded it was because, as I said, I was working 12 hour days and thought I sent in the discards but didn't.

So I blame this game loss on RNG and am extremely frustrated.


To be fair, I feel it would be extremely imbalanced if town killed 3 players (Crossfire, me, you), or at least tried to, and lost.

Town shouldn't lose with 2/3 correct reads.
colored artifacts and emblem effects are retarded and i refuse to acknowledge them
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
February 06 2013 18:10 GMT
#2266
haha never mind. Damn that would have sucked to have our reads right but lose because we lacked anything to stop that.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
February 06 2013 18:12 GMT
#2267
Grey in scum QT:
I have a 100% win record as scum, lets not see that ruined now shall we?


MWAHAHAHAHA

I feel so good right now lol
MidnightGladius
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
China1214 Posts
February 06 2013 18:12 GMT
#2268
Well, that's certainly one way to go about it - I'm afraid that this is how these games will always play out - elect a mayor or two and then mutually kill everyone else. Being able to turn days into double/triple lynches is quite game-changing.

GG all.
Trust in Bayes.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 06 2013 18:13 GMT
#2269
On February 07 2013 03:10 SuckMyTopdeck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2013 03:09 Aperture Science wrote:
On February 07 2013 03:07 Stutters695 wrote:
My hand really was ass after I got those random discards going into t2 That really fucked my shit up.

AS were you being honest about your hand or did you have some serious stuff up your sleeve if we didn't kill you?

No my hand was shit because I randomly discarded Epic Experiment. Its the engine of my deck, without it this deck is worthless.

And the reason i discarded it was because, as I said, I was working 12 hour days and thought I sent in the discards but didn't.

So I blame this game loss on RNG and am extremely frustrated.


To be fair, I feel it would be extremely imbalanced if town killed 3 players (Crossfire, me, you), or at least tried to, and lost.

Town shouldn't lose with 2/3 correct reads.

Yeah, this is pretty much true. It's what made me hate that I allowed iGrok to play in the end. It would've been fine if not for the collective boosts that made his deck trigger like two turns earlier. I didn't start checking the decks until very late, and iGrok didn't want to build a new deck in that time as well as GreY being gone. I had to choose between removing iGrok from the premises (which almost happened) or letting him play with a time bomb deck.

As for the teams, I RNGed everything. All discards, draws, and teams were fully RNGed. I don't want players to make assumptions based on setup, so I always RNG everything in my games.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
February 06 2013 18:14 GMT
#2270
On February 07 2013 03:12 gonzaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
Grey in scum QT:
I have a 100% win record as scum, lets not see that ruined now shall we?


MWAHAHAHAHA

I feel so good right now lol


I have the perfect role for you next game gonzaw. I have been saving it for just such an occasion.



Thanks for the compliment on my play Artanis. both iGrok and crossfire can attest to my blending methods. At almost no point did I ever talk to them like I was scum, I tried to play completely in character (as a town player) even outside of the game.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Aperture Science
Profile Joined January 2013
United States151 Posts
February 06 2013 18:14 GMT
#2271
Seriously that one thing pissed me off more than any other thing in a mafia game ever.

I know Artanis is a stickler when it comes to RNG. But there comes a point when as a host, you look at the RNGs and say, "This will completely ruin the game.", and re-roll. I do this all the time in my games.

Yes, I had a really good combo deck. But I could do literally nothing except fork and reverberate until then. I traded any capability to defend myself for a game-ending combo (which isn't infinite - unless I allow the psychic spirals to resolve and build my storm count up to 60). I left myself WIDE OPEN to attack all game long. And to get fucked over by an RNG, right after coming home exhausted, really set me off.
We do what we must, because we can.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
February 06 2013 18:15 GMT
#2272
Well to be fair, its the risk we took with that style of deck, and its the risk you take with magic in real life as well
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
February 06 2013 18:16 GMT
#2273
Also, technically Suck didn't die right? There was KP missing on him right?
Aperture Science
Profile Joined January 2013
United States151 Posts
February 06 2013 18:16 GMT
#2274
tl;dr: scum should have won this game, Its my fault they didn't, and so I am town MVP.
We do what we must, because we can.
MidnightGladius
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
China1214 Posts
February 06 2013 18:17 GMT
#2275
lol, I can't believe you were allowed to play an alignment-disregarding finisher in Comet Storm. I have no sympathy for you :3
Trust in Bayes.
Aperture Science
Profile Joined January 2013
United States151 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-06 18:18:35
February 06 2013 18:18 GMT
#2276
On February 07 2013 03:17 MidnightGladius wrote:
lol, I can't believe you were allowed to play an alignment-disregarding finisher in Comet Storm. I have no sympathy for you :3

Oh, so MTG should only cater to people who just want to play big monsters and swing? (Or lots of little ones I guess)
We do what we must, because we can.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 06 2013 18:18 GMT
#2277
On February 07 2013 03:16 Aperture Science wrote:
tl;dr: scum should have won this game, Its my fault they didn't, and so I am town MVP.

Scum shouldn't have won this game. Artanis should've never allowed iGrok's deck because if Artanis actually paid attention and noticed the Collective Voyage things and paid greater attention to Braid of Fire earlier iGrok's deck would have never been in the game.

Mafia wise, Town demolished Scum and deserves the victory.
MidnightGladius
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
China1214 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-06 18:21:10
February 06 2013 18:18 GMT
#2278
No, I was told explicitly that I had to change my win-con from Eldrazi combo to Exsanguinate to Death Grasp XD

EDIT: It's not that I mind that you're playing Storm, it's just that in a mafia game, there is no fun place for a role that says "at day 5, you win the game regardless of alignment."
Trust in Bayes.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
February 06 2013 18:19 GMT
#2279
kudos to you apperture.
Suck wasn't 100% going to die, but it was almost certainly going to happen.
Aperture Science
Profile Joined January 2013
United States151 Posts
February 06 2013 18:22 GMT
#2280
On February 07 2013 03:18 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2013 03:16 Aperture Science wrote:
tl;dr: scum should have won this game, Its my fault they didn't, and so I am town MVP.

Scum shouldn't have won this game. Artanis should've never allowed iGrok's deck because if Artanis actually paid attention and noticed the Collective Voyage things and paid greater attention to Braid of Fire earlier iGrok's deck would have never been in the game.

Mafia wise, Town demolished Scum and deserves the victory.

Horse-shit.

Crossfire claimed scum, and I only died at the end because of momentum. The only person who had me as their #1 scumread was NOBODY.

Clock -> Suck
Stutters -> Nova
DFTP -> no one.
Nova -> Stutters
We do what we must, because we can.
Prev 1 112 113 114 115 116 121 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 170
ProTech121
Nina 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2254
Shuttle 1320
Dewaltoss 55
Bale 51
Snow 44
Noble 37
NaDa 27
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1051
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King308
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor528
Other Games
summit1g9950
JimRising 710
C9.Mang0311
PiGStarcraft308
ViBE56
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV252
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta19
• Letter147
• Response 6
• practicex 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo831
• Stunt183
Other Games
• Scarra763
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 4m
OSC
18h 4m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.