• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:45
CEST 00:45
KST 07:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8903 users

Hero Mini Mafia - Page 23

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 166 Next
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
December 11 2012 02:56 GMT
#441
On December 11 2012 11:11 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2012 10:48 debears wrote:
Marvy baby. Thoughts on my recent posts on adam?


I like it. I have very little else to add other than I agree that it makes no sense that he was talking to you that way when you were his scumread.

I'd understand it more if this was the start of the interactions, but it's been going on a while.

Tunkeg has done jack shit to make me think he's town which I love to lynch for on Day 1, but Adam has betrayed a scum mentality right there.

##Unvote
##Vote: Adamsomenumbers


I'm a little concerned about this... I'm nowhere near convinced about the case for adam and I'm surprised that marv is throwing away his tunkeg read to sheep debears' case. It seemed like marv was more convinced about tunkeg than he currently is about adam. Marv am I wrong about this? Does adam's 'scumslip' overrule what you had to say about tunkeg?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 11 2012 03:06 GMT
#442
no, I'd happily hang Tunkeg right now. That should be pretty clear. I'm not sure why you think what I have to say on one player would invalidate what I have to say on another?

The post debears highlighted is out of place with the rest of Adam's filter. He was aggressive both before and after that post, but in that particular post he was practically conciliatory. Why?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
December 11 2012 03:08 GMT
#443
I wasn't saying that your thoughts about them have anything to do with each other, I'm just surprised at how easily you changed votes. You say you'd lynch both... is Adam the one you want to lynch the most?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
December 11 2012 03:10 GMT
#444
I don't really understand adam's "scumslip" that debears pointed out. He was asked to clarify his read on debears so at the time he answered leaning scum.
Why does everyone find it weird that when directly asked to make it more clear what his read is on debears he answers slightly scummy, and then quite a bit later explains that when he said "I'll call you scum when I think you're scum", which in my head means he's not confident in debears being scum.... hence the leaning part, no?

Am I missing something?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 11 2012 03:13 GMT
#445
yes. Maybe I've been infected by Palmar o.o

Seriously though, for Tunkeg it's the absence of towniness, for Adam it's the presence of a scum mindset (oops! treated you as town there for a minute... back to shouting at you again!)
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 11 2012 03:14 GMT
#446
On December 11 2012 12:10 Clarity_nl wrote:
I don't really understand adam's "scumslip" that debears pointed out. He was asked to clarify his read on debears so at the time he answered leaning scum.
Why does everyone find it weird that when directly asked to make it more clear what his read is on debears he answers slightly scummy, and then quite a bit later explains that when he said "I'll call you scum when I think you're scum", which in my head means he's not confident in debears being scum.... hence the leaning part, no?

Am I missing something?


Unless I completely forgot what I read in the thread, the bolded was referring to Adam talking about thrawn, which is nothing to do with anything.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 11 2012 03:15 GMT
#447
also, why aren't you in bed Clarity? why aren't I?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
December 11 2012 03:17 GMT
#448
Ehhh... re-reading....

Okay, so the post in question where adam treats debears as town is this:

On December 11 2012 10:06 Adam4167 wrote:
Dabears, you seem to be misunderstanding what I mean by "If I wanted to call you scummy, I would have". This is not me giving an indication as to my read on his alignment one way or another, this was me saying "I will call you scum when I am more confident that it is the case". I found his initial opening to be strange as its not something I can imagine myself doing, so I wanted him to explain his motives behind it. He did, eventually and I can relate to hating the initial policy discussion. I find Thrawn most likely a town with a risky opening. I did what I did early game to try and get a reaction out of him, it wasn't entirely productive, but I have a tentative read on thrawn from it.


Now, I'm going to sit down and watch Palmars video and give my thoughts.


You're right, it's about thrawn my bad. But I still don't get it. If jay walked in and interpreted my post wrong I would clarify as well, why is it necessarily a scum mindset?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
December 11 2012 03:17 GMT
#449
On December 11 2012 12:15 marvellosity wrote:
also, why aren't you in bed Clarity? why aren't I?


Once I wake, I'm done for.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 11 2012 03:26 GMT
#450
On December 11 2012 12:17 Clarity_nl wrote:
Ehhh... re-reading....

Okay, so the post in question where adam treats debears as town is this:

Show nested quote +
On December 11 2012 10:06 Adam4167 wrote:
Dabears, you seem to be misunderstanding what I mean by "If I wanted to call you scummy, I would have". This is not me giving an indication as to my read on his alignment one way or another, this was me saying "I will call you scum when I am more confident that it is the case". I found his initial opening to be strange as its not something I can imagine myself doing, so I wanted him to explain his motives behind it. He did, eventually and I can relate to hating the initial policy discussion. I find Thrawn most likely a town with a risky opening. I did what I did early game to try and get a reaction out of him, it wasn't entirely productive, but I have a tentative read on thrawn from it.


Now, I'm going to sit down and watch Palmars video and give my thoughts.


You're right, it's about thrawn my bad. But I still don't get it. If jay walked in and interpreted my post wrong I would clarify as well, why is it necessarily a scum mindset?


Does his attitude in that post not seem out of sync with his other posts?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 11 2012 03:29 GMT
#451
well, bleh. Now I'm doubting. I shall sleep on it, and great wisdom will come forth tomorrow.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
December 11 2012 03:32 GMT
#452
Clarity there are two problematic parts with the adam post

1) he uses the word "misunderstand", which implies that he thinks I am town. Yet, he has his vote on me and has called me scummy
2) He goes out of his way to explain his thrawn thing with someone who he thinks is scummy and he has a vote on

That's scummy. No questions asked
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
December 11 2012 03:34 GMT
#453
Eh, sure it's a bit milder than his other posts, but note how his aggression is always reactionary to aggression...... I dunno, I just don't see how it's a scum thing.

Saying he forgot who he was pressuring is like saying BH forgot who his mason partner was, so it was just him being... nicer than his other posts?

Adam might be scum but I don't see how that "scumslip" suddenly condemns him, and like Thrawn am rather confused you "dropped" (yes I realize you said you didn't drop it) your vote on Tunkeg.

On December 11 2012 12:32 debears wrote:
Clarity there are two problematic parts with the adam post

1) he uses the word "misunderstand", which implies that he thinks I am town. Yet, he has his vote on me and has called me scummy
2) He goes out of his way to explain his thrawn thing with someone who he thinks is scummy and he has a vote on

That's scummy. No questions asked


What are you saying, that scum are incapable of misunderstanding anything?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
December 11 2012 03:35 GMT
#454
ebwop Your suspicion* (not "your vote")
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
December 11 2012 03:40 GMT
#455
On December 11 2012 12:34 Clarity_nl wrote:
Eh, sure it's a bit milder than his other posts, but note how his aggression is always reactionary to aggression...... I dunno, I just don't see how it's a scum thing.

Saying he forgot who he was pressuring is like saying BH forgot who his mason partner was, so it was just him being... nicer than his other posts?

Adam might be scum but I don't see how that "scumslip" suddenly condemns him, and like Thrawn am rather confused you "dropped" (yes I realize you said you didn't drop it) your vote on Tunkeg.

Show nested quote +
On December 11 2012 12:32 debears wrote:
Clarity there are two problematic parts with the adam post

1) he uses the word "misunderstand", which implies that he thinks I am town. Yet, he has his vote on me and has called me scummy
2) He goes out of his way to explain his thrawn thing with someone who he thinks is scummy and he has a vote on

That's scummy. No questions asked


What are you saying, that scum are incapable of misunderstanding anything?


Clarity, when you (town) are accusing someone of being scum, and they come at you with something, you don't say "misunderstand". You say "twisting my words" or "trying to cause a mislynch".

He has a vote on me. In other words, he thinks I'm scum

You don't say "you misunderstood" and then explain what you did to someone you think is a scum. That's dumb
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
December 11 2012 03:41 GMT
#456
He's saying that if Adam is town and Adam thinks debears is scum, then it shouldn't be a matter of "misunderstanding"...he should be worried about debears intentionally twisting what he's saying, or maliciously misinterpreting what he's saying. That he should NOT be trying to convince scum that he's town. Ergo, he has betrayed his actual mindset, that he actually knows that debears is town.

At least, that's how I interpreted debears' posts on the matter. I actually got that feeling when Adam posted that last bit, but debears beat me to it while I was looking for an Admiral Ackbar pic to post.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
December 11 2012 03:41 GMT
#457
^^^

ty VE. Much better put than my words
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 11 2012 03:43 GMT
#458
On December 11 2012 12:34 Clarity_nl wrote:
Eh, sure it's a bit milder than his other posts, but note how his aggression is always reactionary to aggression...... I dunno, I just don't see how it's a scum thing.

Saying he forgot who he was pressuring is like saying BH forgot who his mason partner was, so it was just him being... nicer than his other posts?

Adam might be scum but I don't see how that "scumslip" suddenly condemns him, and like Thrawn am rather confused you "dropped" (yes I realize you said you didn't drop it) your vote on Tunkeg.

Show nested quote +
On December 11 2012 12:32 debears wrote:
Clarity there are two problematic parts with the adam post

1) he uses the word "misunderstand", which implies that he thinks I am town. Yet, he has his vote on me and has called me scummy
2) He goes out of his way to explain his thrawn thing with someone who he thinks is scummy and he has a vote on

That's scummy. No questions asked


What are you saying, that scum are incapable of misunderstanding anything?


so i'm still awake. how are the two remotely similar? stop talking nonsense. BH was just a total moron for a while. Would you suggest that's what's going on here??
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 11 2012 03:44 GMT
#459
thank you VE for being awake. I salute you.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
December 11 2012 03:45 GMT
#460
I'm still at work on the clock - if I were asleep I'd be in big trouble.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 166 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta16
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech167
Nina 142
ViBE100
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15003
Artosis 487
PianO 20
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever339
NeuroSwarm101
canceldota100
League of Legends
Doublelift3445
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1142
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
PPMD44
Other Games
summit1g6744
FrodaN1083
shahzam534
C9.Mang0356
RotterdaM81
Mew2King27
fpsfer 2
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• RyuSc2 26
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1092
• Shiphtur598
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
15m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.