• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:45
CEST 15:45
KST 22:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9420 users

Hero Mini Mafia - Page 166

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 164 165 166
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-25 08:40:23
December 25 2012 08:40 GMT
#3301
Damn I wish I was vigilante some time

I am never vigilante, not even in the game where everybody was a vigilante except me and 1 other guy.


EDIT: inb4 random comment
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
December 25 2012 09:35 GMT
#3302
Sorry guys I had to be modkilled any my poor performance :/
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
Djodref
Profile Joined September 2012
France3332 Posts
December 25 2012 09:47 GMT
#3303
On December 25 2012 18:35 Bluelightz wrote:
Sorry guys I had to be modkilled any my poor performance :/


I think I agree with marv here and you getting modkilled was a big advantage for town.
It's too bad you got demotivated, I hope you are going to get more time for your next game !
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18450 Posts
December 25 2012 13:00 GMT
#3304
On my iPad for the next two weeks or so, if I remember you'll have more thoughts from me when i get back. Some brief points now:

1. Policy lynch Marv on D3, or at the very least put some serious pressure on him. His excuse for being alive was just really fucking convenient. Plausible, but really convenient. It worked because it came at lylo and town was really insecure. The kind of pressure needed to find Marv should have come earlier and harder.

2. Very well played by scum. Imho a Marv lynch should have happened, but even so I think Zbo would have gotten Hapa lynched before himself, securing the victory.

3. As I said in scumQT, there really was no alternative to the modkill. Waiting for BL to not vote would have been an option, butt would have fucked town over completely if they had opted for a no-lynch. Particularly as BL would not have been around the next day, at lylo, either, making it effectively a scum victory by default. To leave town with any chance, we had to modkill him at the start of the day. While slightly disadvantageous to scum, by taking out one of the dodgy looking inactives, it left you guys with plenty of opportunity to seal the deal... and you did.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18450 Posts
December 25 2012 13:01 GMT
#3305
Oh, and the flavour was great! Wait... someone else was supposed to say that :p
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
December 25 2012 13:17 GMT
#3306
On December 25 2012 12:33 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2012 10:04 wherebugsgo wrote:
IMO it's fine to vigi active people if it's your own read. If you vigi someone on someone else's read then you fucked up.

The only time I have ever missed as a vig is when I'm using someone else's read.

e: also I disagree with Palmar about the defending thing, if you genuinely believe the target is town and in danger of being mislynched then defend him. That's why I defended djo and jay so hard, because I thought they were free mislynch bait.

I fell into the trap of "assume this guy is town until later" with marv since he was in the top 2-3 of people who weren't being completely retarded/inactive/not caring. My bad on that. He actually had decent things to say on d1 and that's why I considered him town over Palmar for the jail protect (Though there was no way I was going to guess the debears shot)



this is very silly. regardless of alignment, probably i have more sensible things to say than most of the playerbase.


well, it just means the playerbase needs to say more sensible things when town :p

I get kinda annoyed when the town players are more useless than the scum ones. There have been games where scum have killed more scum than town have.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
December 25 2012 15:19 GMT
#3307
The flavour was awesome Acro. Funny day/night-posts enrich the game.

I just don't get what you thought during the last night post. You put a pyro in there, and...he locks the door behind us.
As for the VE lynch, I've learned what turnips and cloth pegs means.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 25 2012 20:48 GMT
#3308
On December 25 2012 22:00 Acrofales wrote:
On my iPad for the next two weeks or so, if I remember you'll have more thoughts from me when i get back. Some brief points now:

1. Policy lynch Marv on D3, or at the very least put some serious pressure on him. His excuse for being alive was just really fucking convenient. Plausible, but really convenient. It worked because it came at lylo and town was really insecure. The kind of pressure needed to find Marv should have come earlier and harder.

2. Very well played by scum. Imho a Marv lynch should have happened, but even so I think Zbo would have gotten Hapa lynched before himself, securing the victory.

3. As I said in scumQT, there really was no alternative to the modkill. Waiting for BL to not vote would have been an option, butt would have fucked town over completely if they had opted for a no-lynch. Particularly as BL would not have been around the next day, at lylo, either, making it effectively a scum victory by default. To leave town with any chance, we had to modkill him at the start of the day. While slightly disadvantageous to scum, by taking out one of the dodgy looking inactives, it left you guys with plenty of opportunity to seal the deal... and you did.


BL is a member of town, so that's exactly what should have happened. And he wouldn't be around the next day, because he'd have been modkilled. Town aren't going to no-lynch in a 2 scum situation, that's a really silly rationale for basing your decision on. Town still had the balance of votes even if BL was alive and not voting.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
December 26 2012 06:08 GMT
#3309
This was a great game to watch, Marv and I talked about it early on and he told me he was scum. It made for a fun game for me to watch from the red perspective.

Really well played by scum here recovering from a d1 lynch to win with marv in lylo. Who ever lets marv live in lylo when everyone has a town read on him? C'mon guys.

Also I laughed a lot when Vivax (I think it was) called his case on Marv a 'meta case' because marv's meta was being dead. That was comedy gold.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
December 26 2012 06:31 GMT
#3310
"kill me, marv"
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 26 2012 13:10 GMT
#3311
On December 26 2012 15:31 Clarity_nl wrote:
"kill me, marv"


yep, had a good giggle to that one :p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
December 26 2012 13:33 GMT
#3312
Oh, I meant to ask marv. Do you jump on someone's entry post as town the way you did to tunkeg this game? His post was rather devoid of... you know... stuff and things, but I don't recall having seen you do that. It didn't really seem out of place at the time though.

Another thing I notice in hindsight is that you let me run a wild goose chase when it came to BL, which I don't think you'd let me do as town (e.g. me asking for some of his games as town etc), whadya think?

Anyway, back tomorrow.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18450 Posts
January 08 2013 02:03 GMT
#3313
I'm back, but forgot pretty much everything I had to say. I could read the game again, but I'm too lazy for that.

Congratz to Obzy for being the winner of NK roulette and winning 1500 L$. Unfortunately the airship burned and crashed and that was the only place you could spend them. Have fun with them anyway!
Prev 1 164 165 166
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs herO
IntoTheiNu 1170
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech135
CosmosSc2 31
Railgan 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 49550
Shuttle 7509
FanTaSy 1796
Hyuk 588
Horang2 500
BeSt 498
EffOrt 212
Pusan 145
Last 132
Soma 128
[ Show more ]
Mind 125
Zeus 100
Sexy 97
ggaemo 85
Killer 73
Hyun 67
hero 65
Aegong 52
Snow 47
ToSsGirL 35
PianO 28
Bale 24
NaDa 19
JYJ 17
zelot 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Rock 9
Sacsri 7
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc2879
qojqva1785
Dendi1295
XcaliburYe264
420jenkins90
Counter-Strike
fl0m3840
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu646
Khaldor582
Other Games
B2W.Neo892
Beastyqt473
byalli449
Mlord334
Livibee198
Hui .164
ArmadaUGS116
Mew2King61
QueenE53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick735
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3292
Other Games
• WagamamaTV0
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 15m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 15m
Replay Cast
9h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 15m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 15m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.