• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:54
CEST 12:54
KST 19:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8436 users

Rockband Mini Mafia - Page 87

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 Next
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 26 2012 20:46 GMT
#1721
In case of death...



Ange777
...for all the reasons I've spammed for the last few days



Bluelightz
I know marv disagrees, but I'm pretty convinced he's the SK. He's been playing largely pro-town, but slightly off. He seems to be playing not to get lynched rather than only to hunt scum, which IMO is consistent with SK mentality. As I've pointed out previously in my filter, he's not making town reads this game because he doesn't want people to point fingers at him. This could be considered a scumtell, but since Ange is far and away my top read, I believe Bluelightz is the SK.



...and that's it! Zeph seems pretty townie for his mega confirmation bias case against me earlier. Iamperfection seems townie for reasons I have mentioned in the thread ("matter of factness").

GL surviving the night, and I hope we hear from marv in the next couple of minutes.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 26 2012 21:00 GMT
#1722
So this was going to be a longish post, but I fell asleep this evening and I haven't got the energy for it. So here are my thoughts for my death.

Serial Killer

According to our known setup, and I spent some time clarifying some stuff with ghost, TTTMMJV means we have 3 scum and a serial killer. So really Mementoss must be telling the truth otherwise we'd have a setup without a Serial Killer, which is what he'd be hiding.

What I think happened with the night kills:

N1: either SK didn't shoot (no reason to reveal himself N1) or SK and Mafia ended up stacking on BH. I got roleblocked. No other roleblocks were claimed, so Mafia/SK might think there's no jailer.
N2: I have massive sway over the town having just pushed the Palmar lynch through. I also decided Hiro was scum during the day, and had strong suspicions of austin for his relations with Palmar. In this situation it'd be absolutely suicidal for scum to hit austin, so I'm going to presume it was the SK hit. I am also going to assume I saved Hapa from the mafia kill, as mafia probably thought they could kill him with impunity, thinking no JK from rb actions the previous night.

Who is scum?

I think Ange is the final scum. Various thinking errors like not seeing my point on austin, iamp at the time of the day 1 lynch, and something else that I forget right now. Hapa also notes her drop off in activity, and has the same scumread for somewhat different reasons, which is reassuring.

That said, it may not be the case. I know it goes without saying, but if you flip Ange and she's town, you need to be considering everybody, even people like iamp, who I've thought was town most of the game, but could be playing a really sneaky game under the radar as scum (I don't think it's the case, but it's possible)

I think Bluelightz is town. Don't know how to explain so well, but the feeling from everything I saw is that he's town. Could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Who is the Serial Killer?

I have very strong feelings that the Serial Killer is Zephirdd. I would say he is more likely to be Serial Killer than everyone else put together. Mementoss' case earlier kinda read like a SK case to me. My read throughout the game has been swinging on Zeph, which is a tell in that regard. Generally his play seems a bit weird, which points me towards him too. To reiterate, I really think that Zeph is our SK. iamperfection would be my 2nd choice, but he's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind Zeph in my SK reckonings.

What's going down tonight?

The expected turn of events is that Mafia hits me, and SK hits someone else. Both factions have a serious need to start killing off townies after two scum lynches in a row. It's always possible that SK holds their shot for some reason, or SK stacks on me (?) or basically something funky happens, and of course you should consider all possibilities, but I'm going to make the assumption that Mafia is hitting me, and SK is hitting someone else.

I jailed Ange tonight. This means various things. If I survive and someone else dies, it's fairly likely I've blocked mafia KP on to myself. If I die and no-one else dies, it means Ange is quite likely to be the Serial Killer, and the mafia's shot on me went through. If two shots go through, Ange is confirmed town.

Good luck town <3
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 21:12:29
September 26 2012 21:02 GMT
#1723
End of Night 3




Figure 7: DEATH! will come for all of us.


The numbers of da Band were beginning to dwindle. The remaining members of da Band were all sitting around a table eating lunch duscussing what they were going to do now that there were only seven of them left. They still had most of the important instruments left in da Band, but they were a shadown of what they used to be.

iamperfection remained stupidly optomistic thorughout the conversation. "Don't worry, you guys, we don't really need all that many instruments! We still got guitars, drums, a piano player, all the essentials! I mean, I miss all of the other guys but"

He stopped midsentance. A puzzled look crossed his face while everyone at the table started staring at him. Suddenly, he clutched his throat and fell off his chair.

The paramedics said that the cilantro in his meal had triggered a severe allergic reaction. iamperfection was going to be fine, but he had landed on his hand falling off his chair, breaking two of his fingers. Fingers are kind of important for a keyboard player.

No one had a good explanation for how cilantro ended up in the bowl of cereal iamperfection had been eating.

iamperfection, one of da Member of da Band, is down for the count!



Day 4 has begun! You have 24 hours to figure out who's in this for the good of da Band, and who isn't.
Deadline is at 21:00 GMT (+00:00).

Again, there are no clues this game. All names are used purely for flavor.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 26 2012 21:02 GMT
#1724
##Vote: ange777
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 26 2012 21:03 GMT
#1725
this game is over
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
September 26 2012 21:04 GMT
#1726
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo my first death

gg

remember me by my music.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
September 26 2012 21:05 GMT
#1727
what the fuck

how the fuck are you still alive marv
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 26 2012 21:05 GMT
#1728
quite clearly shown in my deadline post why i'm alive
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
September 26 2012 21:06 GMT
#1729
what the fuck

how the fuck am I not reading

##vote ange777
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
September 26 2012 21:12 GMT
#1730
I'm going to switch over to 24 hour days unless anyone objects.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 26 2012 21:32 GMT
#1731
What in the crap is going on?

##Vote Ange777
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 26 2012 21:33 GMT
#1732
Oh nice jail marv
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
September 26 2012 21:34 GMT
#1733
marv could you outline exactly why do I look like a SK?
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 26 2012 21:36 GMT
#1734
Well the SK may as well claim seeing how Ange is pretty much confirmed scum.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 26 2012 21:41 GMT
#1735
On September 27 2012 06:34 Zephirdd wrote:
marv could you outline exactly why do I look like a SK?


no

can't be bothered

you just do
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 21:44:45
September 26 2012 21:43 GMT
#1736
Endgame




Figure 8: Best song of the game, hands down.


I suppose I should write up some kind of flavor to end the game, but I'm way too lazy. Instead, you'll get this kick-ass song to listen to.

Ange777 the rocker left the band!

Zephridd the Pop Star Wannabe gave up on his dreams!

All threats to the town have conceded! Town wins!
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 22:06:48
September 26 2012 21:43 GMT
#1737
Good game, everyone! There was a lot of impressive play on every side of the fence in this game, and all of you should be proud of your performances.

Setup


So the setup I picked for this game was VDMMTTT, which game the following roles:
  • Vig (mementoss)
  • Jailkeeper (marv)
  • Mason pair (prplhz + hapahauli)
  • Two scum (ange + hiropro)
  • Scum RB (goodkarma/palmar)
  • Serial Killer (zephridd)
In hindsight, I think that the jailkeeper roll might have been a bit overpowered in this setup. Marvellosity managed to use it both defensively and offensively during the game, keeping Hapa alive Night 2, and keeping Ange in check Night 3. Also, there were a lot of confirmed town presented througout the game, which strangely, neither the SK nor the scum faction did anything about. Overall, I'd say the setup was a bit town favored, but I don't think that's why the town won this game.

What the hell happened this game


Day 1 was amazing, and exactly what every town should be like on Day 1. Everyone is contributing and pushing reads and cases, and a lot of the scumhunting that went on this game happened right there. At the very end of the day, prplhz, the mason, got lynched due to some Day 1 pressure and a botched mason claim (LOL). Night 1, the scum faction shot blazinghand, and the mementoss the vigilante and Zephridd, the serial killer, doublestacked mkfuba07. Palmar roleblocked Marvellosity, which prevented the scum faction from realizing there was a JK or an SK in the game. Day 2, the scum were already feeling pressured based on the cases presented Day 1, and bussed Palmar, the scum roleblocker. Night 2, scum shot Hapahauli, the second half of the mason pair, who was being protected by marvellosity. The SK shot austinmcc, which lead to a huge amount of disorganization in the town (thinking it was the scum night kill). Day 3, HiroPro sacked himself for his play during Day 2. Night 3, Marvellosity jailed the final scum ange777, proving she was the remaining scum. The SK shot iamperfection to no effect, and both of them called GG on Day 4.

Notable Performances


Marvellosity really proved this game why the scum should never let him live past Day 3. Jailing Ange777 the final night was the final nail in her coffin, and cut off any plan of escape for the SK still in the game. Remarkably, he managed to do this even after claiming JK in the thread Day 3, while there were two scum and an SK still present in the game. Excellent analysis and play throughout the entire game (well, past Day 1 at least )

Both Risen and I were convinced that Zephridd was going to win this game up until Day 4. He chose to be NK immune, and played a slightly scummy townie throughout the entire game. Be sure to read his thoughts on the game, he played an excellent serial killer throughout the entire thing.

Links


  • Spreadsheet
  • Mason QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/jMctXFb9q7QM
  • Mafia QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/iTUs27W8nEtf
  • Obs QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/tz4WjnGGVY8Y
  • SK QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/shvBuiPagrd
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
September 26 2012 21:43 GMT
#1738
r2
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
September 26 2012 21:44 GMT
#1739
GG!
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 26 2012 21:45 GMT
#1740
gg

good god, i was right about everything
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko217
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31078
Calm 4696
Rain 2564
Hyuk 1190
Bisu 978
FanTaSy 648
Jaedong 396
Horang2 338
Soma 318
Rush 277
[ Show more ]
BeSt 250
Zeus 236
Stork 210
Mong 182
Larva 112
Mini 103
ZerO 89
Pusan 75
Mind 75
Light 75
Barracks 50
910 50
ToSsGirL 46
Sexy 44
Killer 36
Shinee 34
Yoon 31
NaDa 29
Snow 27
Free 21
sorry 18
Hm[arnc] 16
Noble 13
Terrorterran 9
sSak 6
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5624
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1201
byalli925
shoxiejesuss650
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
gofns41279
singsing1657
dupreeh344
crisheroes305
B2W.Neo67
ZerO(Twitch)6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 7
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2169
Other Games
• WagamamaTV109
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 6m
Big Brain Bouts
23h 6m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.